AI Competetors : Removal Update

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

AI Competetors : Removal Update

Post by LV » Mon, 20. Feb 06, 19:16

Name : X3 AL Competitors

Please Uninstall This Plugin Until I Release The Next Build

Removal Plugin Zip Download Here
[ external image ]

Important Instructions for removal

when you first load the game after installing the nuke scripts will start
go into your global scripts menu and delete any script with "handymen" in apart from plugin.handymen.nuke.oldbuild & plugin.handymen.nuke.landed

[ external image ]
[ external image ]

once you have done this (if there are any other scripts running in the GM other than the two above) just wait until you are hailed to remove the plugin. Then just save,quit and delete the plugin via the script installer option

LV™
---------------------

Description : AL Plugin providing now factions that will spawn and build themselves up into empire's
Version : 1.01
Date : 13/10/06
Author : LV

Zip Download Here

Here EXE

Cycrow Download Here right click save as if your struggling to download

Detailed description:

Beta Example
[ external image ]

On starting the plugin 5 new races will be created as a single TS trader in a random sector, the factions can be any race of the following :- Argon, Boron, Split, Teladi, Paranid, Pirate, Yaki, Race(s)1-5.

The trader will then start out trading until he has enough funds to buy another ts ship which will then start to trade. As the traders bank account increases and his AI level does he will go on to buy TP's, Fighters, Capships and Stations.

No trader can purachase anything unless he has enough funds in his account, If he only has 2 million no factory costing more than this can be purchased.

[ external image ]

*****NOTE*****
On first run after installing you will get this message, this will set the plugin difficulty level so choosing epic starts all factions off with next to nothing whereas if you choose EXPERIENCED then the faction will start off a touch better balanced, Using PLAYER will scan all your assets and ships and cash and give the faction that amount of credits on starting.

Eg - your in a argon buster with nothing else, Factions start with about 40k (the cost of the buster)

your in a titan with 54 stations, faction will start off with a few hundred million credits.

Commands

TS Trade - A derivative of MK3 as normal trading tests showed you would need approx 1000 years for it to level up :)

TP Shuttle - TP class ships will be purchased that will trade from trade dock to trade dock with wares. If the competitor has fighters in the area they will attach themselvs to the TP for protection.

Fighters - Fighters purchased will either patrol sectors looking for enemies or protect as above. Fighters also have the ability to capture ships.

Cap Ships - M6, M1 and M2 class ships on purchase will jump to any sector where the competitor has a station and patrol that secotr, again these ships come with the ability to capture ships (including playerships) and also with a local version of the Race Response Fleets plugin where they will respond to any of that factions stations and capships being attacked.

Stations - When the competitor has enough rank and cash he will start to build stations, at first he will look to build in a sector that is low on the stations product, if that sector is getting large and there are too many stations he will deploy elsewhere although some small loops may be built (not complexes as i'm a jedi not a miracle worker)

If you leave the factions alone they will continue to grow or be destroyed by other races and factions, If a faction is wiped out another will form in it's place.

If you attack one of these factions it will kill your assets on sight if it has the ordinance to do so (friendly bbs stuff soon as i know the current code is ok) If a faction is destroyed and the new faction spawn as the same race it will be hostile to you from the onset and also the old factions enemy's

Factions are made up from the forum name library and they now have 15 ranks to move through with each getting more difficult to achieve.

BBS Data--
A touch untidy currently but docking on a faction station will either display their current stock market rankings or yours.
The data will tell you how many ships/stations they have, their current stock profit calculation and rank.

-----
Once this code is stable i'll get to work on the eye candy of player-faction interaction and such

Enjoy and feedback! :)

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Install:
Manual
unzip to your main x3 folder or use the cycrow installer

Uninstall: set the plugin to off and when it runs it will delete every faction and their assets from the game (so don't have your ships docked on their stations)

(language files)

448023.xml
447700.xml (forum name library)

Idea's opinions welcome, as are company levels as i still have alot to do with this plugin.
Last edited by LV on Sun, 1. Apr 07, 18:52, edited 9 times in total.

Stevio
x3tc

Post by Stevio » Mon, 20. Feb 06, 19:35

i think you should set them as 'All races' otherwise it will be 'capping, ware raiding heaven'.

as much as i like the idea of it, having rep hits makes it Realistic (Challenging)

love the Idea LV Keep up the Good work :P

cheers

stevio

Skillers
x3tc

Post by Skillers » Mon, 20. Feb 06, 19:43

Nice, but Global should be Galactic and National should be, hmm, I can't think of one, but National suggests it's terrestrial, and it's in space, so it doesn't fit.
"Warning, cargo bay now contains; Gate, Home of Light"

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Mon, 20. Feb 06, 19:43

stevio wrote:i think you should set them as 'All races' otherwise it will be 'capping, ware raiding heaven'.
I find your lack of faith..........

Trust me, high level factions will be happy to engage you with their own JTP and medusa interfaces installed. :)

I just wish i could think of code to block/get+store the notoriety and reset without it being a global PITA.

fud
x3

Post by fud » Mon, 20. Feb 06, 19:45

Sounds very cool. You could also make some that are warring with each other. or add one that hates everybody, and everybody hates them. They attack anything and everything. Freighters, civilian ships, church caravans...

Kinda like the Khaak, but meaner. :)

Blinki1984
x3

Post by Blinki1984 » Mon, 20. Feb 06, 19:56

Here is some Idea for your Mod

The dynamic AI

As you've already written, the AI should trade, buy new units and trade more. But every time the Ai reaches a certain point of level, this could be set by money or by amount of ships, he will gain experience.
This will result in the abillity to buy new units. For example bigger ships, or shields. This way he will not only gain money, but also influence. The evolution will continue until he has the abillity to buy all the ships he wants.

What does this mean to you?
First of all his influence on the marked will grow since he will be able to buy more goods by increacing development. So your opponent will be getting better after some time.

The same way he increaces his shipstock he should decreace.
This means that he should level down if loses money, this way he won't get broke. For example if he is dropping below a certain ammount of money he won't by super freighters any more, but smaller ones.

I once made a proposal for a german scripter, containig the AI behavior thowards the player.

First level.
The AI contains of some small freighters and one or two fighters.
In this stage he will be harmless and therefore be marked as friendly.
If you attack him anyway, you will loose friendlyness thowards the other races, and he will remain neutral.

Second level.
After some time of trade, he will be strong enough, to buy new ships and advance the old one, and maby buy the first station. Within this stage he will still be friendly to you, but start to guard his freighters.
If you attack him now you will also loose some recognition, and he will be now hostile thowards you.

Third level.
No he is a real opponent, with own stations a moderate fleed and quite a trading network. Now your firendlyness is defenetly over. Reaching the third level he will automaticly turn enemy thowards you and you won't loose any recognition, because he is the one who attacks. He will start to send out squadrons to seek you and your freighters, so watch out.

Fourth Level.
Now hell breaks loose. He is now having M1 and M2 ships and a real impresive fleed. He will start to systematicly destroy you, by taking over one sector by the other. This means he will place patrole ships within the most important sectors constantly seeking for your transporters, and fleeds seeking for your army.

These four levels work both way, the more influence he gets the higer his level will be. If you manage to beat him, his level will drop, until he reaches the first level. This means he will turn friendly thowards you automaticly.

This is how I suspect a real AI to behave.

Features.
1. Buying and equip ships realtime.
2. Real gadged management.
3. extending the radius of influence.
4. increacing the level of hostality
5. evolve the ships and stations

alphalvr
x3ap

Post by alphalvr » Mon, 20. Feb 06, 20:09

very cool, i though that was what the free traders the game box spoke about did :)

bit of a dissapointment really.

good work, make em part of the races so killing em affects your rep.

i dont care about rep, by which i mean if i do somthing that lowers it then thats the consequence of my action = fun!!!

make the evil ones EVIL, i need a challenge, i took over a 100 pirates out that were infesting mi tons in a pirate buzzard, i didnt even feel challenged by them :cry:
Last edited by alphalvr on Mon, 20. Feb 06, 20:28, edited 2 times in total.

alphalvr
x3ap

Post by alphalvr » Mon, 20. Feb 06, 20:10

LV wrote:
stevio wrote:i think you should set them as 'All races' otherwise it will be 'capping, ware raiding heaven'.
I find your lack of faith..........

Trust me, high level factions will be happy to engage you with their own JTP and medusa interfaces installed. :)

I just wish i could think of code to block/get+store the notoriety and reset without it being a global PITA.
keep thinking and then you will truly be L.V. :)

i followed one of the npc m6`s yesterday (the ones that have small skirmishes with another race) anyway i followed this boron m6 with its entourage of fighters into split space where there was nothing to stop it, (it shot the only two split fighters about) so it preceded to attack a split rastar refinery...i watched with glee as it and its 20 fighters poped away at the station.

then all of a sudden when the station has just lost all its sheilds the m6 and all the boron fighters just vanished `poof`

quite a dissapointment, i was about 10m behind the m6 when it happened.

i told myself they jumped out but i know they never (there was no jumpdrive flash)

dunno why i mentioned it , but i have now :wink:
Last edited by alphalvr on Mon, 20. Feb 06, 20:25, edited 2 times in total.

Syklon
x3

Post by Syklon » Mon, 20. Feb 06, 20:22

First of all, my name is included in the beta picture, which is really cool cause I haven't managed to fight myself in DMA yet, and therefore this must go on.

Secondly I think some sort of checks should be made against the players assets to the competitors before they do any hostile action towards them, or perhaps give the player a (major) head start, since some of us don't have too much time to play and therefore Seta, if we start a new game with this, it could leave us with maybe M6s when our competitors decide to attack us with M1/2s which would basically wipe us out (or atleast provide a major setback)

Also if the competitors get powerful enough maybe they should attack a race, much like a player would, although they'll probabaly have enough troubles with the player themselves if they're at that level.

Charlie_Bubbles
x3tc

Post by Charlie_Bubbles » Mon, 20. Feb 06, 20:35

would u post the beta for sum much needed testing this mod sounds very interesting

Red Spot
x3

Post by Red Spot » Mon, 20. Feb 06, 20:38

LV ..

about that ownership matter ..

I used the friendly/neutral/enemy-races in some plugins before and got a sh%$-load of trouble with them .....

now I use the race1/race2/race3-races for them and things work out much better ...
(you can set those as enemy/friend/neutral ..)

G

Skiddings
x3

Post by Skiddings » Mon, 20. Feb 06, 21:26

Seriously cool Idea.
If you could include my (partially fictional) companys: 'Teh Sheepy Productions', *Shifty Eyes* Plc and Caveman Industries Inc. I would love you for ever and ever and ever.

On the race issue; make it a mix, some pirates, so normal races, others nutrual.
Also don't make it so they all develop at a fantasticly fast rate, otherwise the player might get left behind. Also if its possible and not to much bother make it so that some of them start the game (clear this can't be applied to existing saved games) with a couple of stations and ships and stuff.

So is it not possible to create more factions then? Surely there must be a file that determins the number of factions in the game.

Serial Kicked
x3tc

Post by Serial Kicked » Mon, 20. Feb 06, 21:38

Red Spot wrote:LV ..

about that ownership matter ..

I used the friendly/neutral/enemy-races in some plugins before and got a sh%$-load of trouble with them .....

now I use the race1/race2/race3-races for them and things work out much better ...
(you can set those as enemy/friend/neutral ..)
I totally agree with Red Spot, you should use those race slots. I did it myself in some test scripts and it works great.
X3:TC/AP Pirate Guild 3 - Yaki Armada 2 - Anarkis Defense System

Anarkis Gaming HQ
Independent Game Development
X3 Scripting and Modding Station

Syklon
x3

Post by Syklon » Mon, 20. Feb 06, 21:42

If the companies could each have an independant relationship with you, with a chance to turn hostile at every level perhaps, that would be good. I'd rather not effect my main race-relations since it takes forever to get to the level to buy cap ships and anything that causes a loss to this is IMO not worth it at the moment.

Blinki1984
x3

Post by Blinki1984 » Mon, 20. Feb 06, 21:45

And here comes the diplomatic system.
But as far as I know it is kind of hard, not to say impossible, at least for me
to implant such a system actually working between the AIs not only between you and the AI

al_main
x3

Re: [WIP] AI Competetors : Opinions Needed

Post by al_main » Mon, 20. Feb 06, 23:59

LV wrote:(the names still need finalising and i'm open to ideas for company names as mine are pretty crap) + I'm probalbly going to have faction go down a trade or fight route also which means names like "the %s Order" or The Brotherhood of %s" could be used :)
If you still need company names i'm building up quite a large collection that my auctions script uses for buyers. I'd be happy to PM you the list, though they mite not all fit into your pattern of ...indutries, ...empire. But they should give you some ideas. Alternatively currently about half of them are right at the start of the text file with my scripts.

AL

Galaxy613
x4

Post by Galaxy613 » Tue, 21. Feb 06, 00:07

Sweet! I voted for All Races, cuz' it makes the most sense. I can NOT wait to get this once it's done! :D
10,000 Lightyears of awesomeness

AalaarDB
x3tc

Post by AalaarDB » Tue, 21. Feb 06, 00:12

Make the corporations a random main race. Use random waretype generator to pick a ware that that race can produce.

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Tue, 21. Feb 06, 01:29

Thanks for the tip Red,

Using races 1+2+3 + Pirate + Yaki seems to have fixed many issues. from tonights trails other than some messing with pirates I have control of notoriety without the need for massive rep loss.

Wether a good or bad feture i'm not sure yet but this means that there is a chance that attacking one faction will also make another faction drop in rep as they share the same race. Same goes for gaining rep with factions It also means if new factions spawn of that race and your not is bad they will start as enemies to you which I like the idea of, rep repair can easily be bought ;)
LV's TC Scripts
Readme's For All My Scripts

I felt a great disturbance in the forum, Like millions of voices cried out in terror, then were silenced

si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses

Red Spot
x3

Post by Red Spot » Tue, 21. Feb 06, 03:05

how about this ..

when you create a new 'player' you reset that races not. ..
keeping a bit of balance between players from diff. races ..
so you get 'mother companies' containing x players of the same race..
(attack 1 .. and the 'company' will turn red ...)

G

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”