AL Plugin : Jumpdrive Kits 1.5 10/2/08

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

AL Plugin : Jumpdrive Kits 1.5 10/2/08

Post by LV » Sun, 12. Feb 06, 17:56

Name : AL Plugin Jumpdrive Kits

Description : Pluging which allows jumpdrive kits to be bought that will install as a jumpdrive on your ships
Version : 1.5 read all the thread for update fix!!!!!!!
Date : 10/2/08
Author : LV

1.20 update info

I have added (with the help of Jakesnake) a few kits on goner ships for those who cannot dock at goner docks, you just need to liberate them ;)

1.5 update info
critical bugfix - just install over top of existing jdk and wait at least 1 game hr for scripts to update the plugin.

Fixes "Install Jumpdrive" command not appearing, you will still need jdk's on the ship for the command to appear!!!!

-------

[ external image ]

Download 1.5 Here

{EMP} - Extended Mod Pack Needed (unless you have XTM installed)

Detailed description:

On loading the plugin 2 stations will be built by the goners in Cloudbase Southwest and Getsu Fune. The fabs will build Jumpdrive Kits which can be converted into jumpdrives. If the station is destroyed or magically dissapears it will re-build itself.

Each kit costs 10k and the charge for installing is 94k making it just a touch higher priced than the normal jumpdrive as it also installs 1 unit of Nav Software also.

When a ship is carrying JDK's the command "Install Jumpdrive" will be available on that ship and when chosen it will install a jumpdrive.

Both the Goner Temple and the Equipment Dock in Black Hole Sun will purchase JDK's also.

There is a very small chance there will be damage to the ship on installing a kit

BBS Message Help
At both JDK Fabs the BBS should show this message for how much is still needed to produce. This is because when using nividium it makes station limits go wonky

[ external image ]

Enjoy :)

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Install:

Just extract the zip file to your main X3 directory

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Uninstall: Set the plugin to off in your AL menu and leave it for a good while. once the commands have gone you should be

fine to delete.

(language files)

448822.xml

COMMAND_CUSTOM_717 "Install Jumpdrive"

EMP Mod Pack Ware
207;11313 10,000 cr
Last edited by LV on Sun, 10. Feb 08, 11:48, edited 15 times in total.
LV's TC Scripts
Readme's For All My Scripts

I felt a great disturbance in the forum, Like millions of voices cried out in terror, then were silenced

si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses

Skillers
x3tc

Post by Skillers » Sun, 12. Feb 06, 18:15

Thanks, I like the creative licence you took on this.

Can you tell us the probability of damage been given to the ship and how much it will do?

Also, from what's been said in the other thread, it MAY be a good idea to add Nav Command Mk1 on install aswell, allowing you to jump ships out, aswell as a few eCells (say 50) so you can get capped ships to a shipyard.

Anyway, they're not necessary, thanks a lot for this, it was greatly needed.

Oh, and does this need the EMP?
"Warning, cargo bay now contains; Gate, Home of Light"

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Sun, 12. Feb 06, 18:27

Skillers wrote:Thanks, I like the creative licence you took on this.

Can you tell us the probability of damage been given to the ship and how much it will do?

Also, from what's been said in the other thread, it MAY be a good idea to add Nav Command Mk1 on install aswell, allowing you to jump ships out, aswell as a few eCells (say 50) so you can get capped ships to a shipyard.

Anyway, they're not necessary, thanks a lot for this, it was greatly needed.

Oh, and does this need the EMP?
1. Ta :)
2. Prob is something in the region of 1/100 chance of the damage script being called and then 1/20 chance of damage being done if it is called, like I said, very low.
3. The ship would already have Mk1 I assume and enery is just pure cheating :twisted: :roll: :)
LV's TC Scripts

I felt a great disturbance in the forum, Like millions of voices cried out in terror, then were silenced

Skillers
x3tc

Post by Skillers » Sun, 12. Feb 06, 18:31

1/2000, that's fine by me.

Hmm, many capped ships don't have Mk1. Would be useful if it did add it when not existing. I suppose you should have a ship carrying the kits and eCells.

And you edited your origional post to answer my last question.

Lobai
x3

Post by Lobai » Mon, 13. Feb 06, 14:42

*approaches humbly*

Thank you lord Vvv..vv..

*bows and walks off, hoping to avoid a choke*

Nice script. Been needing that done for some time now.

pospi
x3

Post by pospi » Wed, 15. Feb 06, 05:02

doh! I just wrote this big post about it not working for me, then realised I was trying to install a jumpdrive in an M4 (Xenon M) and obviously M4's cant have jumpdrives.

fyi, if you try and do that it just deletes the JDK, imo it would be nicer if it played a 'command rejected' sound instead (:

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Wed, 15. Feb 06, 09:58

Afaik you can install JD's to m4's there is code in the script to reject an installation to an M5 where it rejects the command but m4's should work.

Try again and let me know :)

coalfax
x3tc

Post by coalfax » Wed, 15. Feb 06, 15:47

Some M4's can have Jumpdrives, but some only can use items of size S. Being the Jumpdrive is M, it makes things interesting.

The Argon Buster can have a Jumpdrive while the Paranid Pericles can't.

Oddly enough, about half of the TP's can't use Jumpdrives either. An oversight?

As an aside, if I don't have the EMP pack installed yet, (and you have the needed part underlined) then I need to install it for this eh?
Last edited by coalfax on Wed, 15. Feb 06, 17:17, edited 1 time in total.

MegaBurn
xr

Post by MegaBurn » Wed, 15. Feb 06, 16:03

Sounds good but I'll wait for it to include Nav Command Mk 1 before trying it. I've found maybe 1 in 25 capped ships have Nav Command Mk1 so without it this is far less useful. Maybe include it as another kit sold a most equipment docks.

A really cool option would be to create kit versions of all single slot equipment items, including HRT, so carriers can basically get a capped ship up to speed in a few minutes. Could add a equipment plant station to make some of them and put the rest on the computer plant stations. Kits for engine tuning, rudder tweaking, and cargo hold compression would be good too. I think some of this stuff is already out there in other scripts but having it all wrapped up in a single script would be good.

Nice work,
-Burn
"Only the dead have seen the end of war." -Plato

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Wed, 15. Feb 06, 23:18

I didn't realise so many ships did not have them, i'll add some checks

in the following script :-

Code: Select all

plugin.deliver.jd.install

041   = $ship -> install 1 units of Jumpdrive
after this line copy and paste it again underneath and change the jumpdrive to 1 unit of nav soft until i get round to it :)
LV's TC Scripts

Mad Hatter
x3

Post by Mad Hatter » Wed, 15. Feb 06, 23:47

LV wrote:there is code in the script to reject an installation to an M5 where it rejects the command
Does this apply to the disco? It is an m5 but can have a jumpdrive.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Thu, 16. Feb 06, 02:06

well, depending on how the script works, u can just attempt to install a jumpdrive on any ship, if it wont fit, then it wont be installed and return 0

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Thu, 16. Feb 06, 20:47

I didnt look at the script but if the Kit ware is M size, there won't ever be a problem. The size is the only limit when trying to install normally. =)

Gazz

secat187
x3

Post by secat187 » Fri, 17. Feb 06, 19:04

Does this mean I can buy more than one JDK and store them in my current ship, then when I cap a new ship, I transfer the JDK over and order a JD?
3200xp barton
asus geforce 5950 ultra
audigy player
1Gb crucial PC 3200 DDR Ram
MSI K7N2 Delta-ILSR Mother board
40Gb HD + 200Gb sata drive
Thermaltake Butterfly Purepower 480W

Skillers
x3tc

Post by Skillers » Fri, 17. Feb 06, 19:26

The JDK is a jumpdrive, you just have to instal it (installing costs 90K - the kit only costs 10K). The JDK is a ware, like food etc, so can be carried in large quantities.

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Fri, 17. Feb 06, 20:24

Install should now reject all incapable ships of installing JD.

Price raised from 90k to 94k as 1 unit of nav soft is installed.

Please let me know how it works, just as i finished the code my gcard started having fear and loathing tendencies meaning I could not test. :evil:
main links updated.
LV's TC Scripts

Skillers
x3tc

Post by Skillers » Fri, 17. Feb 06, 21:41

Thanks, LV. I'll give you any results I find.

RRRoamer
x4

Post by RRRoamer » Wed, 22. Feb 06, 05:28

Now this is strange. I am running 1.3.2 BETA. I picked up the JDK and the EMP and installed them both. The stations were built and I can buy the kits. But they are not named anything! I just have the price. If I buy them, they do not show up in my cargo hold. Needless to say, there is no way transfer them to another ship because they do not show up as frieght.

I'll try to reinstall the kits and the EMP and see what happens.
--RRRoamer

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Wed, 22. Feb 06, 19:10

if you updated you beta there will be issues, what code do you think ego are changing while patching ;)

the mod will more than likely be refigured once we get official 1.4 as it's pointless changing the values while under beta patch.
LV's TC Scripts

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”