[Script] Player Response Fleets 1.0 5/2/06

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Rate This Script

5/5
75%
4/5
13%
3/5
6%
2/5
3%
1/5
3%

Total votes: 64

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

[Script] Player Response Fleets 1.0 5/2/06

Post by LV » Mon, 6. Feb 06, 00:36

Name : X3 Player Response Fleets (JTP - jump to protect)

QRF Zip Download

QRF Cycrow Installer Download

Description : AL Plugin providing jump networking commands for player fleets
Version : 1.0
Date : 5/2/2006
Author : LV
Co-Developer : Text by Toastie

This Plugin uses the EMP Modpack

Detailed description:

Quick response Fleets(QRF)
Welcome to the Quick Reaction Force Network, The Argon Federal Government had become increasingly concerned by the reemergence of Xenon forces in Xenon Sector 472 and other sectors.

They believed that the Xenon are using some advanced beacon technology to allow their forces to jump accurately back into X472. Over recent Mazuras, their research scientists, aboard the once-secret Federal Argon Installation in Black Hole Sun, have been working tirelessly to counter the threat posed by the random reappearance of the Xenon.

The pioneering of this technology has been greeted with even more enthusiasm since the recent invasion and subsequent incursions into our space, prompting the scientific establishments of the other four races to
join forces with the Argon in the development of the technology and network.

In a determined effort to counter the old threat from the Xenon and the new more pressing threat posed by the Khaak, the governments of the races have combined parts of their strategic surveillance networks to form what they now call the Universal Surveillance Network (USN).

The high cost of maintaining this network and the military need to increase the potency of the network in countering these threats has led to the creation of the QRF Network. The governments of the races have
decided that leasing out bandwidth of the network to large corporations and experienced fleet commanders will increase the likelyhood of potential threats being dealt with more quickly.

Our scientists have discovered the Rapid Response System and have been able to link ships, equipped with one such device, to the USN. An equipped ship will be assigned to monitor advanced satellites linked into
the QRF network, so that in the event of an enemy force being detected, the ship or ships can jump into the sector to respond quickly to the emergent threat.

At the current time the Rapid Response System is only available at Argon Equipment Docks for 116,000 credits
Once purchased you will gain two new commands

Networked Sats

[ external image ]

In your Custom Menu you will find the "Attach Sat to Network" Command, on choosing at sat you will be charged 12k for linking to the network. You will asked for two values, the first is the sat to link and the second is to enable audio signals if the sat detects an enemy.

Choose 1 to enable audio or 2 to have audio disabled.

If you want to remove a linked sat from the network just choose it again with the "Attach sat to network" command.

You will be charged a miniscule amount for sats running.

Setting up the network.

When you first choose a sat to link you will be hailed with the ingame help menu and also with your billing times. You have 4 to choose from :-
[ external image ]

Once you have chosen your billing you can set your carrier combat command, there are two options.
[ external image ]

1) Use Docked Ships Out Of Sector. (If you choose this any carriers you own will launch ships oos

2) Do Not Launch Unless I Am In The Sector. (Carrier support will only launch if you are in the sector)

Ship Commands

[ external image ]

Found in your Combat menu will be the command "Jump To Protect", Running this on a ship with a jumpdrive equipped and energy available will set the ship to patrol its current sector.

As soon as the network detects an enemy the ship will jump in and eliminate the threat it will then clear the sector and patrol until the network finds another enemy in another sector.

Energy
[ external image ]

If the ship is short on energy it will hail you, when it does it will head for the nearest SPP and as long

as it is not a TL M1 or M2 class it will dock and use your personal funds to buy more energy before re-engaging the JTP comand.

Larger ships will wait 5k from the SPP for further orders.

If the path to the SPP contains a xenon sector the ship will break from the network and hail you
[ external image ]

Hull

If a ship goes below 60% hull it will make it way to the nearest shipyard and hail you.

EMJ(Emergency Jumpout)

If a ship goes below 60% shields it will jump to another gate in the secor and wait until it's shields are replenished before entering combat again.

Sat Deploy
[ external image ]

If one of your jumpships has responded in a sector where the networked sat has been destroyed, if that ship has sats in its cargo it will drop another sat and link it to the network again.

Carriers

[ external image ]

Carriers will jump and deploy and landed ships as long as you have chosen that option OOS or your in the sector. Once the battle is over ship will redock and the carrier will jump to the next response request

PLAYERSHIP JTP
[ external image ]
Running the JTP command on your ship will set your ship as the emergency response target bringing in JTP enabled ships to help you

PLAYERSHIP Attach Sat To Network
[ external image ]

Running this command and choosing your ship will bring back up the help and option menu where you can reset your billing time and carrier options.

Billing

Funds will be taken from your personal account, and any ships that docks for energy will use your funds to buy energy **Up to M6 class only**.

Non payment will freeze the network disabling all your ships and freezing sats from scanning. The network will continue to remove funds from your account until your unpaid bill is paid, If your account continues not to have enough credits to pay the bill our bailiffs will be sent in and we really do not reccomend you allow this to happen!

Funds are taken from your personal account and the more ships you attach to the network the more the costs will be, Each rising class of ship also increases the charge and as an example it costs 200 times more to link a destroyer to the network than a sat costs.

You will only be reminded once about your debt, the network will stop and your ship will unlink. If you fail to have enough money in your account after this the bailiffs are coming. I would recommend never causing the bailffs to be called or it may get messy.

The QRF Network Control will keep you updated with messages.

Enjoy :)

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Install:

Just extract the zip file to your main X3 directory

Uninstall: delete what you added (uninstall needs a tad more tweaking to remove the ware)

(language files)

448813.xml
<t id="718">COMMAND_TYPE_CUSTOM_18</t> Attach sat to network
<t id="325">COMMAND_TYPE_FIGHT_25</t> Jump To Protect
<t id="922">COMMAND_TYPE_TURRET_22</t> Clear Sector Of Enemies (Just using for the text)

EMP Data
130;10543 118,000cr

Last edited by LV on Sun, 21. Jan 07, 12:28, edited 2 times in total.
LV's TC Scripts
Readme's For All My Scripts

I felt a great disturbance in the forum, Like millions of voices cried out in terror, then were silenced

si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses

Jimmy Jazz
x3

Post by Jimmy Jazz » Mon, 6. Feb 06, 10:34

Just what I was looking for, great! Will give it a try :thumb_up:
Pinky : "Gee, Brain what do you want to do tonight?"
Brain : "The same thing we do every night Pinky. Try to take over the world!"

Skillers
x3tc

Post by Skillers » Mon, 6. Feb 06, 17:24

Looks good. So does this mean that ships with this command will be protected by jump fleets? Or that my ships will jump to engage any enemy? Or a bit of both?

Thanks
"Warning, cargo bay now contains; Gate, Home of Light"

gray1107
x4

Post by gray1107 » Mon, 6. Feb 06, 17:44

Do you think we could have something like this for pirates, xenon & khaak?

There is a hole in the market for scripts that provide more challenging enemies, what I'd like to see is border skirmishes where _both_ sides can call in for help and can quickly escalate into a full size battle given the right circumstances.

i.e. You notice a Khaak recon party moving towards Omnicron Lyrae in Nyana's Hideout and move to help your Argon buddies intercept the enemy force. The Khaak notice the size of your fleet and immediately calls for reinforcements. A Khaak cluster jumps in to assyst the recon force while it attempts to retreat.

DIGSIN
x4

Post by DIGSIN » Mon, 6. Feb 06, 18:01

I might try this once i've finished your other script.

Just one thing worry's me.
Non payment will freeze the network disabling all your ships and freezing sats from scanning. The network will continue to remove funds from your account until your unpaid bill is paid, If your account continues not to have enough credits to pay the bill our bailiffs will be sent in and we really do not reccomend you allow this to happen!
Makes me think think i could start losing ships to bailiffs, or worse factories.

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Mon, 6. Feb 06, 18:50

Skillers wrote:does this mean that ships with this command will be protected by jump fleets? Or that my ships will jump to engage any enemy? Or a bit of both?

Thanks
The signal is fired only by sats and your ship, if i attach it to the ships you get no cover if more than one sector is hailing.
gray1107 wrote:Do you think we could have something like this for pirates, xenon & khaak?
Yes but i'd have to write it first.
DIGSIN wrote:
Makes me think think i could start losing ships to bailiffs, or worse factories.
I have not been that evil with the code yet, but one visit will make you always pay in the future ;)

If your using this i need feedback on Billing, Carrier Combat and the emergency jump, during my testing i still lost ships but i coded it so there was some thought involved

(dont out a sat in a xenon sector unless you have a few billion credits worth of ships spare)
LV's TC Scripts

I felt a great disturbance in the forum, Like millions of voices cried out in terror, then were silenced

Grumble314
x3

Post by Grumble314 » Mon, 6. Feb 06, 21:59

I have a quick question LV do the fighters in the Carrier have to have the rapid response system installed? I renamed a Colossus and set it to jump to Protect. It jumped into the system but never launched the 9 M3 fighters it was carrying(I was in the system at the time). I told it to lauch fighters OOS when it asked.

Hmm worked a second time when I was OOS when it first detected the threat.

Ok when more pirates spawned in Seizewell where the Colossus already was it attacked without launhing fighters.

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Tue, 7. Feb 06, 02:12

Grumble314 wrote:I have a quick question LV do the fighters in the Carrier have to have the rapid response system installed? .
no but they only launch if the ship jumps in currently

Grumble314
x3

Post by Grumble314 » Tue, 7. Feb 06, 03:08

Another question about the fighter is there a way to get them to travel at their full speed to a target instead of staying with the Carrier? Carriers are many things but I don't think rapis is one of them barring LOTS of money spent on overtunning.

D_Zorro
x3tc

Post by D_Zorro » Fri, 10. Feb 06, 17:48

Great script just what the good docter ordered, anyway a small problem is, i noticed that whenever one of my ships are attacked, the jumpfleet respond quickly, so that part is oke.

But whenever, my ship keep blinking on the screen, when i'm attacked i get no back-up. I know they working hard, but a little help would really be appriciated. :D Anyway am i doing something wrong ???

DZorro,
System spec: Pentium (R) D 2.66 Ghz, Ram : 2048 DDR, HD : 250 GIG 7200 RPM intern 8 MB cash
Videocard : Nvidia Geforce 8800 GTS 320mb : Realtek
Laptop : AMD athlon 64 3200 + 1024 DDR 80 gig HD Conexant AMC Audio, Ati mobility Radeon Express 200

alphalvr
x3ap

Post by alphalvr » Fri, 10. Feb 06, 18:35

this is by far the best, most useful thing ive seen, prob is the game is to damn easy at the mo already.....when a m3 cant take out entire sectors alne then i want this big time....i wionder if it will ever happen :cry:

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Fri, 10. Feb 06, 18:46

D_Zorro wrote:Grong ???
PLAYERSHIP JTP
[ external image ]
Running the JTP command on your ship will set your ship as the emergency response target bringing in JTP enabled ships to help you

RTFM :P
LV's TC Scripts

D_Zorro
x3tc

Post by D_Zorro » Fri, 10. Feb 06, 19:11

LV wrote:
D_Zorro wrote:Grong ???
PLAYERSHIP JTP
[ external image ]

RTFM :P
Oh oke thanks. :D :P

DZorro,
System spec: Pentium (R) D 2.66 Ghz, Ram : 2048 DDR, HD : 250 GIG 7200 RPM intern 8 MB cash
Videocard : Nvidia Geforce 8800 GTS 320mb : Realtek
Laptop : AMD athlon 64 3200 + 1024 DDR 80 gig HD Conexant AMC Audio, Ati mobility Radeon Express 200

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Mon, 13. Feb 06, 23:44

I have re-uploaded the 1.0 spk and zip files, setting the signal to your PLAYERSHIP as a response had a line of code 1 too high in the script :)

please re-dl
LV's TC Scripts

Trokhon
x4

Post by Trokhon » Thu, 23. Feb 06, 09:33

I tried to Dl and install updated version qrf10.spk and script installer ver1.32 gives me

unable to open script package.
Any hint?

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Thu, 23. Feb 06, 12:15

May I suggest a minor addition ?

Where a player has already deployed sats over a wide portion of the universe, it would be easier to have an extra command to link in all existing sats. Trying to link in 100's of sats first up is a major job if you ahve to do them one at a time.

Also, what about fighter squadons. I dont have either M6 or above ships as yet on patrol, but plenty of ex-pirate fighters, group together with a flight leader. The flight leader is linked in, the rest are wingmen, they all jump in response. If not, then a command that allows you to select multiple fighters from your ship list in a single command. What about allowing a freighter to also be linked with such a squadron so they can refuel on e-cells by the freighter beaming them over after combat completes.

Another thought, what about battle damage. Any way ships can jump to an equipment dock and replace any destroyed equipment after a battle ? Or can you simply replace whats lost and bill the player for it without the trip ?

If the ship is assigned the order and doesnt have a jump drive or suffiecient e-cells, will it go top up immedaitely ?

Can you attach an auxilery ship to this, which jumps in as soon as combat is finished and goes around and collects all the goodies, then jumps back to its homebase and sends you a message saying its picked goodies up, please dispose of them. If based at a TL, maybe the TL jumps in and the auxilery ship offloads onto the TL and keeps collecting until nothing remains or the TL is full.

oops, I think that was 5 minors :)

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Thu, 23. Feb 06, 18:51

Trokhon wrote:I tried to Dl and install updated version qrf10.spk and script installer ver1.32 gives me

unable to open script package.
Any hint?
Both links are fine for me to DL
apricotslice wrote:May I suggest a minor addition ?

Where a player has already deployed sats over a wide portion of the universe, it would be easier to have an extra command to link in all existing sats. Trying to link in 100's of sats first up is a major job if you ahve to do them one at a time.
Hmn, possible but i'm too busy atm and there are sectors you would not want to link
Also, what about fighter squadons. .
Alot of code needed, see above point

Code: Select all

Another thought, what about battle damage. Any way ships can jump to an equipment dock and replace any destroyed equipment after a battle ? Or can you simply replace whats lost and bill the player for it without the trip ? 
see above

Code: Select all

If the ship is assigned the order and doesnt have a jump drive or suffiecient e-cells, will it go top up immedaitely ?
it will top up with ecells but there is an expectation that the player would have a jumpdrive installed being a JTP script :)
LV's TC Scripts

Lobai
x3

Post by Lobai » Sun, 26. Feb 06, 23:47

Maybe there's a reason for this that I'm missing, but this script/plugin isn't in the sticky index or listed in your collection and it's one of the most useful and one of MY personal favorites (enough to warrant a sticky in itself IMHO :P ).

Just thought I would point that out.

"Cargobay now contains... 125Mj forcechoke shield"

Dungeoncrawler
x3tc

Post by Dungeoncrawler » Mon, 27. Feb 06, 01:36

....so the response fleet, are they player owned ships or race owned ships that respond? I am assuming they are player, correct? Pardon my confusion :oops: .

DC

Nevermind :oops: , I read the description again and am now clear.

DC
Last edited by Dungeoncrawler on Mon, 27. Feb 06, 01:45, edited 1 time in total.

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Mon, 27. Feb 06, 01:36

I forgot to loink the script but the commands were in the sticky :oops:

ta for the headsup

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”