Mission Cheats (16)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

AalaarDB
x3tc

Mission Cheats (16)

Post by AalaarDB » Thu, 26. Jan 06, 00:57

Here is a cheat for the 'fly through asteroid' mission:
Mission 16 Cheat
Run it before the mission starts!
Spoiler
Show
The Kha'ak ships chasing you will be destroyed - you will have plenty of time to explore.

If you need a cheat for a different mission, send a savegame and explanation to my name at yahoo.com.
Last edited by AalaarDB on Wed, 1. Feb 06, 23:54, edited 1 time in total.

shaub100
x4

Post by shaub100 » Sat, 28. Jan 06, 13:26

Do you mean the spy drone one?

djssuk
x3tc

Post by djssuk » Sat, 28. Jan 06, 20:20

I am a few missions (I will say the word 'race' and no more) in but will progress soon (empire building and playing with script mssions mainly). So how far into the game is this? How many (counted) missions in are we talking?

Thanks

Birdman
x3

Post by Birdman » Sat, 28. Jan 06, 22:11

Savegame sent, ready for mission.
Spoiler
Show
After you get arrested, Ban Danna gives you a chance to escape and go after Dad. Mission sends you to Nyana's Hideout. You have to find the specially named ship (Midnight Star). This is where you have to fly through the tunnel in the asteroid.

AalaarDB
x3tc

Post by AalaarDB » Wed, 1. Feb 06, 23:54

bump because topic changed

Mantas
x3

Post by Mantas » Sat, 4. Feb 06, 18:47

Just reached mission 16 and having problems with it. Tried to download your cheat but I think the link is dead.

Cheers

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Mon, 6. Feb 06, 18:12

Hmm. Wouldn't it be easier to just script yourself max Argon faction and just ignore the whole story? That's 1 line. =)

GENERAL T
x3

Post by GENERAL T » Mon, 20. Feb 06, 19:51

Just downloaded your cheat for mission 16. For some reason i do not know where to install the file :evil: Please help

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Mon, 20. Feb 06, 20:07

put the file in your x3 scripts folder

example : c:prog files/x3/scripts

you also need the script editor opening, read the stickies at the top of the forum for a how to if needed.

then find the script you installed in the script editor menu and press "r,enter,enter" when you need to run it.

GENERAL T
x3

Post by GENERAL T » Mon, 20. Feb 06, 20:54

Do i need to unzip the file or anything before i put it in the scripts file and if so what program do i need to do this?

AalaarDB
x3tc

Post by AalaarDB » Mon, 20. Feb 06, 22:03

Yes. First, rename it from file.renametozip to file.zip. Then unzip it with WinZip, WinRar, basically any zip program, or even Windows. Then do as LV instructed.

GENERAL T
x3

Post by GENERAL T » Mon, 20. Feb 06, 23:30

Cheers will give it a try later

Ash_1970
x3

Post by Ash_1970 » Tue, 21. Feb 06, 00:34

STILL GETTING SHOT :evil:

MegaBurn
xr

Post by MegaBurn » Tue, 21. Feb 06, 04:06

Nice, but is there anything actually worth seeing in that rock?
Spoiler
Show
I've had problems with going too fast. There are two groups of Khaak, in front and behind, and making full visual contact with either one results in auto death. Seems really stupid that the devs intensionally kill the player for basically being a good enough pilot to not hit anything in their twisted little maze. I hate missions like that! Same with the damn spy drone mission. Maybe I missed something but I don't want to spend any more time than required in that rock. Biggest problem I've had with that mission is the fight afterwards, as soon as I shoot a Khaak they all stop and converge on me. Only chance of survival is to just hope the other NPC's can kill them before I die. Then again thats probably what I get for using the same albeit massively overtuned Buster for the entire storyline. Next time I'm using a Nova or DDRS Thor with an M1 and wingmen waiting near by.
I'll give it a try. I'm doing a third run through the plot line now just to see what its like with a small fleet. Might sign up for the spoiler forum afterwards to see if I missed anything.

Thanks,
-Burn
"Only the dead have seen the end of war." -Plato

Ash_1970
x3

Post by Ash_1970 » Mon, 27. Feb 06, 02:24

well thats it, im done with this bloody game. this bloody mission (16)cant be done, cant race me way out, cant shoot me way out, cant script me way out & cant con me way out :evil: tryfull unfair of egosoft to create an arcade type scenario in a game that was very enjoyable untill now, seems that skill counts for nothing, i can navigate the asteroid with ease at full throttle in a buster vangard, get killed. take iteasy, get killed. cant shoot or script a solution. i know that games are supposed to be a challange but a no win situation is a bit too cruel, guess its back to ms combat flight sim for me!

Birdman
x3

Post by Birdman » Mon, 27. Feb 06, 02:49

Ash-

It can be done, and without using the script. The trick is to NOT run into too many things. I have run this mission in both a Buster and a Nova.

Also, I did have to turn off AA and AF in the startup menu. Don't know your system specs, I'm running a P4 2.6Ghz, FX6600, and had upgraded from 512M to 1G RAM. Before the upgrade, I had tried this mission over 3 dozen times with no luck. After adding the RAM, I got it after 6 tries
Spoiler
Show
(kept losing it at the center cavern, where you have to do a sharp turn upward to get to the opening)
. I still had the save available, which is why I sent it (message above). :)

MegaBurn
xr

Post by MegaBurn » Mon, 27. Feb 06, 21:58

Yeah, I wish they had just cut this one. Its near pointless except to give people with slower PC's a serious headache. Same with the city flying in mission two. In both cases the mission cannot be completed if your PC can't maintain a minimum FPS (not sure what that is exactly, somewhere between smooth and slide show, maybe ~12fps). So if someone wants to script something, how about just removing those missions all together?

My specs:
Custom gaming rig
MSI Neo4 Platinum (K8N-F)
nVidia nForce 4
AMD Athlon 64 3200+
1GB DDR400 RAM (2x512MB)
ATI X600 All-In-Wonder 256MB (duel display on a 17" CRT for reading game text and 36" TV via s-video for flying)
Windows 2000 SP4
X3 1.3 with a ton of scripts

I've found in general game play I can set the texture quality to high, shaders to low, AF x2, AA x2, and enable glow. Anything more and I have low framerate issues that make combat in places like the Ore Belt very annoying (but possible), the Xenos invasions are near impossible though). However, missions 2 CANNOT be completed without dropping the graphics quality to the lowest possible setting. Mission 16 can be completed with a few tries with this setup but is far easier if the graphics are settings are lowered.

Point being my PC is at or above the recommended system requirements and if someone else, who didn't know to change the graphics settings, tried to play the game with the default settings then they would not be able to complete it. What we need is a script or mod that just bypasses those two missions completely. Building it into the less civilians and less asteroids mod, and maybe removing the dust storm effect in some systems.

Its sad that they spent so much time on putting those two missions together just to have them turn into a bottleneck for some players. Maybe next time they'll put more effort into the game design and spend less time on the graphics (or so one can only hope).

-Burn
"Only the dead have seen the end of war." -Plato

AalaarDB
x3tc

Post by AalaarDB » Mon, 27. Feb 06, 22:55

Can someone verify that the script still works?
I think if it doesn't work it's user error, but I have no savegame to test it on.

And this is why the offer to send me savegames with descriptions of the mission and problem to my name at yahoo.com is still open.

TraderJack
x3

Post by TraderJack » Thu, 2. Mar 06, 05:39

when do I have to add the script, i'm on the mission right now, with no saves left from when I didn't have the mission. can I just add it from before I reach the ship?

TraderJack
x3

Post by TraderJack » Thu, 2. Mar 06, 06:10

Nevermind, beat it on my second try.

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”