Random Waretype Generator

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

AalaarDB
x3tc

Random Waretype Generator

Post by AalaarDB » Sun, 1. Jan 06, 05:40

Random WareType Generator

Some wares are specific to one race - Argnu Beef is Argon; Boron beef is ... made up. But there is no command to find out which ware belongs to which race. Thus, I have made my own library, just like its sister library Random ShipType Generator

Available wares are bio, the "main" foods, missles, and lasers. There are no tech because that was too hard, you won't need natural, everyone can produce evey type of shield, and energy and minerals are just too easy.

So clearly Argun Beef belongs to the Argons, but what of lasers and missles? Any race that has a station in the default galaxy that can produce a lasertype, or sells a station that can produce it, has that lasertype available. Lasers that are equippable by ships of a race are not included unless that race can produce them. The same thing for missles. But I couldn't make AIREs as common as GPPCs. The weighted value for each laser or missle is roughly based on (1 + sqrt(total cost of all lasers of this race / cost of this laser)). Even with the square root, IREs could outnumber the most expensive by 1:300, so I did fib.

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”