[SCRIPT] (NOS) Navigation Override System Mk1

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

moggy2
x3ap

[SCRIPT] (NOS) Navigation Override System Mk1

Post by moggy2 » Sat, 31. Dec 05, 20:14

Title: Xai Corp. Navigation Override System Mk1 (NOS)
Version: 1.2
Download: www.xai-corp.net/project/XaiCorp-NOS
Description:
Description: Overrides the autopilot to avoid dangerous situations

This script is for those traders amongst us, who prefer a more peacefull existance to the fighter jocks, and will hopefully make your transports less prone to being caught in firefights.

The command requires the Ecliptic Projector to be fitted on any ship you wish to use the command on.
In an increasingly hostile universe the simplistic remote commands for ship are getting ships needlessly destroyed. In an attempt to correct for this problem, and provide for some danger awareness in automated ships, Xai Corporation has devised a system that can be plugged into any ship and provide an automated response to possible dangers.

The NOS runs on an Auxiliary Command Slot and monitors the ship's scanners. If hostile ships are detected it will take action to avoid the danger. The actions range from steering wide of the danger to docking at the nearest station if it believes it is in immediate danger.
Feedback into how well this functions and whether any changes to the behavior are needed are much appreciated.

----
Command Slot Used: Ship 16
Textfile/Textpage: 7240
Logfile: 5 (debug mode only: not normally active)
Last edited by moggy2 on Fri, 27. Oct 06, 19:38, edited 3 times in total.

Githyanki
x3

Post by Githyanki » Sat, 31. Dec 05, 20:40

The station trader script has some workable danger avoidance stuff.
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=110417

Mostly jump out, launch some drones, and call for help. I am not sure if the last one calls me, or local patrols.
Avoiding the danger by flying out of the way would be a great idea.

Red Spot
x3

Post by Red Spot » Sat, 31. Dec 05, 20:41

very nice ...

I've wanted to make something similair for my UPS script but it ended up a lot simpler ..

anyway .. maybe add this on top off the check ..

Code: Select all

Dest= THIS -> get destination
if dest
if dest is sector
sec.owner = dest -> get owner race
if sec.owner is enemy race
'panic'
sorry for the 'simple' code .. but I think you'll get what I mean ..

G

moggy2
x3ap

Post by moggy2 » Sat, 31. Dec 05, 20:49

Red Spot wrote: if sec.owner is enemy race
'panic'
good idea

moggy2
x3ap

Post by moggy2 » Sun, 1. Jan 06, 18:55

It's now partially functional. steering clear of enemy ships appears to work.

Githyanki
x3

Post by Githyanki » Tue, 3. Jan 06, 14:06

It seems if my ship has weapons mounted, it has a personality conflict going on. It will attack enemies, then send out an alert and run. The behavior seems better if I disable all weapons.
At the very least, this plugin does make the ships alert me when they prevoisly wouldnt. I hated it when I would check on progress and find that my discoverer had dissapeared.
Thanks again moogy2 !!

moggy2
x3ap

Post by moggy2 » Sun, 8. Jan 06, 05:17

Version 1.1 released.

Everything seems to be working fine. Some feed back on it's behaviour in the wild would be apreciated.

The split personality of attacking and then running is probably due to an agressive setting on your turrets. Check your turret commands and Friend/Foe settings if you don't want to attract unwanted attention. NOS should now try and keep around 10km from enemy ships making this less likely now anyway.

CO. Dragon Corp

Post by CO. Dragon Corp » Sun, 8. Jan 06, 20:08

I really like the idea, but there's one problem that prevents me from trying it:

The need for having the ecliptic projector installed.

I do see the reason to make it a little more interesting by adding some....difficulties. But for me these wouldn't be difficulties, it would be nearly impossible:

I got 20 or more freighters. So I need to grab all of them and order them to an equipment-dock that sells the ecliptic projector. As none of them has got a jump drive I need to make them a huge convoy of freighters, guarding this trek until it reaches its destination.

And the worst thing is that in all the time my factories will stand still, respectively run empty on e-cells, which is really bad.

Would you consider changing it? That would be great :wink: .
Commanding Officer of the 'Dragon Corporation'
[ external image ]

DeadlyDa
x4

Post by DeadlyDa » Sun, 8. Jan 06, 20:15

CO. Dragon Cor,

One possible solution is to load a fast M5 with the Ecliptic projector, and then have it chase down a freighter (using the follow comand). Once it got close enough, you could use the Xai Remote Transporter to shift the Ecliptic Projector over to the freighter. Then have the M5 go get another one, chase down another freighter, ect, etc.

It may sound like a pain, but if you were really running a trading empire with 20 interstellar freighters...you be doing something very similar in order keep your fleet on the latest version of your software.

...just a thought.

moggy2
x3ap

Post by moggy2 » Sun, 8. Jan 06, 20:27

actually the best option is the Fleet Support Ship software and an M5. Just tell the M5 you want an Ecliptic Projector delivered to your TS and it'll do it, if it can find one. (FSUP: the swiss army knife of x-scripts :P )

I'm not making this a freebe. It's already too cheap for what it potentially provides. And if it increases sales of XaiCorp's other software, hey that's business :D

Tritous
x3tc

Post by Tritous » Sun, 22. Jan 06, 00:27

moggy2 wrote:The split personality of attacking and then running
anyone else see any irony in this?
Give a man a fire, he'll stay warm for a day
Set a man on fire, he'll stay warm for the rest of his life ;)

Hotpot
x3

Post by Hotpot » Mon, 23. Jan 06, 16:16

Will this work with the Station Trader script I have installed? Cheers. Sounds like a great idea.

moggy2
x3ap

Post by moggy2 » Mon, 23. Jan 06, 19:47

Hotpot wrote:Will this work with the Station Trader script I have installed? Cheers. Sounds like a great idea.
It should work with any script.

Fahlsten
x4

Post by Fahlsten » Sun, 16. Apr 06, 13:06

Can't wait to try this script. Hopefully it'll make sure they stay out of trouble. I just had a UT getting killed in Xenon Sector 457!??? What was it doing there?? I guess, he had it coming :)

So all I have to do, is to equip my UT's with a ecliptic projector!?

Thanks for some great scripts!!

Criminal_Colt
x2

Post by Criminal_Colt » Mon, 9. Oct 06, 15:21

Can I just check that all this script requires is for an ecliptic projector to be present?

The reason I ask is that you mention in the original post that it is available or uses an Auxillary Command Slot. The thing is, I don't see it listed anywhere.

Is this normal or have I not installed it correctly?

moggy2
x3ap

Post by moggy2 » Mon, 9. Oct 06, 17:24

press page down in the ship command menu and you´ll see lots of other command functions including 2 slots for extra ship commands. Some people call them ship commands others call them auxiliary ship command slots

Criminal_Colt
x2

Post by Criminal_Colt » Tue, 10. Oct 06, 00:41

Thanks moggy but when I go there I only have 2 sets of commands, two for missile defence and 2 for commercial representation or something.

Thanks,

moggy2
x3ap

Post by moggy2 » Fri, 27. Oct 06, 19:40

updated.

added use of jumpdrive and fighter drones.
added some optimisation so it doesn't cause such a slowdown with several running.

Jimmy Jazz
x3

Post by Jimmy Jazz » Sat, 18. Nov 06, 17:09

Would be great to combine this script with a player response script. The player designates combat ships for use in rapid response functions. When a trader gets into serious trouble it calls in the rapid response ships which jump to the rescue.

Just an idea
Pinky : "Gee, Brain what do you want to do tonight?"
Brain : "The same thing we do every night Pinky. Try to take over the world!"

twinview
x4

Would Like too

Post by twinview » Sun, 3. Dec 06, 12:13

But I cannot seem to get the Download link to work to get the script to download .... Tired of my Brain Dead Pilots running into Xenon Sectors... were talking Lv 25 Traders too how sad.... cost alot to replace.... thanks :lol:

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”