:: A Noobs Guide For Money And Genderal X3 Information ::

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Relief
x3

:: A Noobs Guide For Money And Genderal X3 Information ::

Post by Relief » Sat, 31. Dec 05, 10:18

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
introduction: Written by Relief
update: January 13 2007
AIM: Relief 2006
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This guide has been moved offsite to accommodate a new format that is easier to brows; all information has been updated to relevant X3 patches (2.0 and above).

:: A NOOBS GUIDE FOR MONEY AND GENDERAL X3 INFORMATION ::

Fire-Fish - hosting site

I doubt anyone will object to this, there is no registration needed (I hate sites that force users to do that). Any feedback may be given through contact on my site, or just post something here, I don't care.

- Relief
Last edited by Relief on Sun, 14. Jan 07, 03:55, edited 24 times in total.

Player.
x3tc

Post by Player. » Sat, 31. Dec 05, 10:19

you should have posted it in the sticky :wink:
Nice 8)
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=183585 - X2 The Threat High Definition Mod - You know you wanna :)

Relief
x3

Post by Relief » Sat, 31. Dec 05, 10:21

Thanks man, i spent most of the night getting this ready, i hope people like it, its actually my first attempt at doing this, so i hope people arnt to harsh on me.

- Relief

Player.
x3tc

Post by Player. » Sat, 31. Dec 05, 10:27

Dont think so guides are always welcome :lol:
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=183585 - X2 The Threat High Definition Mod - You know you wanna :)

Darth Malice
x3

Post by Darth Malice » Sat, 31. Dec 05, 10:37

Great guide, real noob friendly :)

tetves
x3

Post by tetves » Sat, 31. Dec 05, 10:41

wow, awesome!
Good job

Bido
x3

Post by Bido » Sat, 31. Dec 05, 10:51

mate that is some wicked info cheers for your efforts, that helps me heaps

Relief
x3

Post by Relief » Sat, 31. Dec 05, 10:56

Im glad people like the tut, if anyone would like some information added, or catches anything i might be mistaken on point it out.

For now im happy with it and might add sections later, time will tell.

- Relief

nobby375
x3

Post by nobby375 » Sat, 31. Dec 05, 10:57

A-Freakin-mazin. :D

Thats a top piece of work!

Nice goin dude 8)

octessence
x3tc

Post by octessence » Sat, 31. Dec 05, 11:00

Excellent guide, although I disagree with starting out by going straight to a free ship. If you find it yourself, fair enough.

By doing this you are missing out of the struggle at the beginning of the game, and appreciating the new equipment each time you get enough cash to buy it. For me, experiencing new things you can do as you progress is the most enjoyable part.

It's like starting out on half-life. If you had lots of weapons to start with, you'd miss out on the fun you get from picking up new ones.

Relief
x3

Post by Relief » Sat, 31. Dec 05, 11:04

I understand this issue thus I put at the top that it makes use of such a thing, so if people dont want to do such a thing then they can look else where.

I leave that up to the reader, they dont have to follow my advice but this is the quickest way i saw to get Credits.

If i get any ideas on how to go about getting money faster in the game without taking such an approch i shall be sure to add it and slpit the guide into two sections (one that takes advantage of the free ship, and one that does not).

Thanks for the input.

- Relief

Nagrath_Abythos
x3

Post by Nagrath_Abythos » Sat, 31. Dec 05, 11:09

This is fantastic, great guide!

I just got X3 a few days ago (the last sci-fi flight game I had was X-Wing Aliance, back in the day), and have been messing around, loveing it, but feeling somewhat overwhelmed. This is definitely a big help in getting me more comfortable with this game, thanks for posting this!

octessence
x3tc

Post by octessence » Sat, 31. Dec 05, 11:18

Relief wrote:I understand this issue thus I put at the top that it makes use of such a thing, so if people dont want to do such a thing then they can look else where.

I leave that up to the reader, they dont have to follow my advice but this is the quickest way i saw to get Credits.

If i get any ideas on how to go about getting money faster in the game without taking such an approch i shall be sure to add it and slpit the guide into two sections (one that takes advantage of the free ship, and one that does not).

Thanks for the input.

- Relief
I think the best "do it yourself" way to start out, is to sell your Buster and buy a Vulture. Do some manual trading for an hour or two and you should have enough to buy your Buster back. You are then in roughly the same position (one fighter/one trader) as you are at the beginning of your guide. [Trade]

Another option is to just go capping as you suggest, and earn yourself enough for a TS ship without finding the free one.

If you don't mind taking a repution hit with a race, you can go pirating. Shoot a TS a few times and they will drop frieght for you. Shoot some more and they will give up their ship. It's pretty easy to build reputation up again later when you have an M3. [Fight]

Another option is to swap your M4 for a fast M5 with a Triplex Scanner and find the free stuff yourself. [Explore]

EDIT: The way I did it was using a combination of the first and last way. I did a tiny bit of manual trading and then bought an M5. While I was exploring, I commanded my trade ship remotely.
Last edited by octessence on Sat, 31. Dec 05, 11:23, edited 1 time in total.

Relief
x3

Post by Relief » Sat, 31. Dec 05, 11:21

I think the best "do it yourself" way to start out, is to sell your Buster and buy a Vulture. Do some manual trading for an hour or two and you should have enough to buy your Buster back.
Nice idea there!

I will definatly take your ideas into mind when i update the guide, thanks!

- Relief

octessence
x3tc

Post by octessence » Sat, 31. Dec 05, 11:38

Relief wrote:
I think the best "do it yourself" way to start out, is to sell your Buster and buy a Vulture. Do some manual trading for an hour or two and you should have enough to buy your Buster back.
Nice idea there!

I will definatly take your ideas into mind when i update the guide, thanks!

- Relief
Also note that this method works well on X-TREME as well as normal. You get around 150K to use for trading when you swap your Buster. I don't know how much you'd get on normal but it's probably a bit more as your Buster is better equiped.

Relief
x3

Post by Relief » Sat, 31. Dec 05, 11:41

This gives me some ideas for added content, I shall attempt tommrow to add some information, but well its going to be new years eve, heh party time!

- Relief

liquidthunder
x3

Post by liquidthunder » Sat, 31. Dec 05, 13:52

great guide,

i just read it found it really helpfull as i started a new game, and havent had much luck against pirates since 1.3

i think i spotted a error but not sure.
So what’s the best option here? Fly up to the group, tail them until your within 100 km of the fastest ship (it should be going the speed of the slowest ship). Slow down a bit to match its speed then make sure you have your mark, don’t get shaky or you’ll mess up your mark. Now unload on him until his shields are at 0 and his hull is half damaged. At this point most pilots come on and ask you to stop shooting and bail. Yay he bailed. If not you mine as well finish him off, do it a little slower, poke him with your blaster, hell ram him, just poke him to death, if your lucky he will bail at a lower hull rating.
dont you mean 10km not 100km
:)

any tips on missiles i havent tried any yeat but i need somthing to soften up them m3s!

nobby375
x3

Post by nobby375 » Sat, 31. Dec 05, 17:46

bump

octessence
x3tc

Post by octessence » Sat, 31. Dec 05, 17:51

nobby375 wrote:bump
I wouldn't do that, you might get the thread blocked. That would be a shame because it's a good guide. If you want it bumped, you should put something meanful in the message.

Player.
x3tc

Post by Player. » Sat, 31. Dec 05, 17:58

There is no fear of this one getting locked cause there is a link to it in the Sticky 8)

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”