[SCRIPT] (FSUP) Fleet Support Ship software by Xai Corporation

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for English X Forum

moggy2
x3ap

[SCRIPT] (FSUP) Fleet Support Ship software by Xai Corporation

Post by moggy2 » Thu, 29. Dec 05, 00:38

Title: Xai Corp. Fleet Support Ship software (FSUP)
Version: 2.9
Download: www.xai-corp.net/project/XaiCorp-FSUP
Description:
Set of commands to resupply fleets, deploy and retrieve satellites, lasertowers, mines, etc...
----

These commands are only available for M5's, M4's and small transports (TP/TS)

updated: The satellite deployment feature of this script now allows you to place more than one satellite in a sector. To do this the second satellite must be positioned at least 20km away from the first.

The Commands:
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
1: Resupply ship.
- This command will cause the scout to fetch goods and transfer them to the target ship.
Specifying a greater quantity than the scout can hold in it's cargobay will cause it to
repeat the journey until the required amount has been delivered. Software upgrades can
also be delivered.
= 3 Arguments: ware to fetch; quantity; target ship

2: Resupply group.
- same as Resupply ship, but will supply every ship in the fleet, if possible
= 3 Arguments: ware to fetch; quantity; any ship in the fleet

3: Drop Freight.
- This command will drop freight at a specified point.
- If a navigation satellite is selected then it will start dropping satellites in other
sectors in the same position, buying more sats if needed
- If a Squash mine is selected then it will start laying a 2x2x2 grid of Squash mines
2km apart, buying more if needed, and then calling you to have them activated.
- If a fighter drone is selected a random number of fighters will be launched.
= 1 argument: sector position

4: Retrieve Deployed Items
- This command will retrive deployed items such as lasertowers, squash mines, satellites and drones
- will command any fighter drones in scanner range to STAY, then pick them up if the
ship has enough cargobay space.
- will pick up multiple items within 10km range of the inital target.

Change log:
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
- changed command slots due to clash

- Update to X3
-- TextFile to 7206
-- TextPage to 7206

This is a straight conversion of the X2 version to X3 standards
----

commands: Special 19 20 24 25
textfile: 7206
textpage: 7206, 7231
Last edited by moggy2 on Mon, 20. Mar 06, 22:38, edited 2 times in total.

Githyanki
x3

Post by Githyanki » Thu, 29. Dec 05, 02:34

thanks!! I loved this script in X2.
Why not for M4, and possibly M3's also?

subjugator
x3tc

Post by subjugator » Thu, 29. Dec 05, 19:29

How do you define a group for this script to supply?

Githyanki
x3

Post by Githyanki » Thu, 29. Dec 05, 21:35

Drop Cargo doesnt work with adv. satelites.
I noticed there seems to be a line missing in lib.Xai.ship.eject.cargo for adv. Sats, where the others had:
= $target -> $install $Amount.remove units of $Cargo
Also, plugin.Xai.FSUP.cmd.drop.cargo Line 17 added;
OR $ware == Advanced Satellite ...
but no joy :(
The problem I think lies in plugin.Xai.FSUP.place.sats, but since it was too complicated for me to understand, I may be wrong.
Works fine with Nav Sats.

Sandalpocalypse
x4

Post by Sandalpocalypse » Thu, 29. Dec 05, 22:43

pretty neat,

will TS/TP use transporter device instead?

moggy2
x3ap

Post by moggy2 » Fri, 30. Dec 05, 00:31

subjugator wrote:How do you define a group for this script to supply?
use the "follow" or "protect" commands. A group consists of one or more ships following or protecting a leader.

I'll lookn at advsats again I must have missed a bit. not a suprise really

Cisor
x4

Post by Cisor » Fri, 30. Dec 05, 18:26

@Moggy: I noticed a problem which I didn't get in X2, probably because the big ships are smaller :) When resupplying a really big ship, the transporter stops short of the 5000m range and so won't transfer the goods. When you move the M1 towards the transporter (to within 5000m) the delivery triggers and the message arrives.

I changed (in lib.Xai.cargoXfer) the 5000m to 6000 which alleviated the problem somewhat, but it still occurred sporadically. At 7000 it runs fine without problems.

lt_wentoncha
x4

FSUP - Parameters?

Post by lt_wentoncha » Fri, 30. Dec 05, 23:00

Hi all,

How do I use FSUP to have a M4 Drop Satellites? There's a last parameter, input number, that just sends the ship to go buy sats and do nothing else.

Thanks.

moggy2
x3ap

Post by moggy2 » Sat, 31. Dec 05, 00:23

download the new version, I screwed up the M4 script binding first time round.

it should just be select a sector position.

lt_wentoncha
x4

Post by lt_wentoncha » Sat, 31. Dec 05, 01:24

moggy2 wrote:download the new version, I screwed up the M4 script binding first time round.

it should just be select a sector position.
Hmmm Moggy I am using the latest v3.2.5. It asks for which sector, which ship in that sector, and input number.

Thanks.

moggy2
x3ap

Post by moggy2 » Sat, 31. Dec 05, 01:31

trust me, go back and download it again. I bound the resupply script to each command slot on the M4's. The package has been fixed without a version change.

lt_wentoncha
x4

Post by lt_wentoncha » Sat, 31. Dec 05, 01:44

moggy2 wrote:trust me, go back and download it again. I bound the resupply script to each command slot on the M4's. The package has been fixed without a version change.
Hmmmm, same thing. Right now I have a Mako sitting in Shareholder's Value.

Steps I take are

Commands => Special... => Xai Corp Drop Cargo => Choose Sector ==> Chose ship ==> Chose Ware == Input Number (X)

All I get is "Command successful, X Satellites Retrieved".

Also, if I try to install the MTC package it overwrites something from FSUP. Is that alright?

Much obliged for your help.

PS Also I'm a bit unclear about Import Export and Maintain. Isn't Import/Export like the Buy/Sell wares command? When I set it to maintain, the freighter will idle once the factory is full of required resources; doesn't it sell too?

Thanks again.

lt_wentoncha
x4

Post by lt_wentoncha » Sat, 31. Dec 05, 11:14

Wow, the MTC script is so useful; it cuts down on time and effort atleast 90%. But does it only check systems with Nav Sats in them?

Any thoughts yet on the FSUP script?

Thanks again. MTC should have come with the game.

Githyanki
x3

Post by Githyanki » Sat, 31. Dec 05, 14:51

Thanks Moggy2 !!
I finally tried to use a M5 to start Sat Deployment. I had stopped after I couldnt use my M4, and then get busy getting a factory up and going.
Anyways, lloks like one of the changes since X2 is that sats are now M class wares, not S class, so the M5 I bought is now waiting for me to find another use. Glad to see the update to allow me to use my M4.
I havent tried yet, but does the script allow the ships doing deployment, or refueling to use a jump drive for transport, and , more importantly, to escape from danger? The M5 class was usually fast enough to escape, so it wasnt too much of a consideration.
Looks like the fastest M4 is the Split Scorpion Vanguard @ 257. In X2, the fastest I could use was the M5 Paranid Pegasus @ 1009.

EDIT: Noticed that Argon M5's can carry M wares. None of the others can. That brings top available speed (M4 or M5) up to 439. If Sats were still S, I could use a Split Jag Raider @ 596.
Last edited by Githyanki on Sat, 31. Dec 05, 16:29, edited 1 time in total.

moggy2
x3ap

Post by moggy2 » Sat, 31. Dec 05, 15:45

The jumpdrive will be used if the target is more than 2 jumps away.

lt_wentoncha
x4

Post by lt_wentoncha » Sat, 31. Dec 05, 21:19

moggy2 wrote:The jumpdrive will be used if the target is more than 2 jumps away.
Ah, so we're supposed to pick a sector that the nav sat transport isn't in? When I do that, it displays the red thing that says "object information unavailable".

Githyanki
x3

Post by Githyanki » Sat, 31. Dec 05, 22:31

lt_wentoncha wrote:
moggy2 wrote:The jumpdrive will be used if the target is more than 2 jumps away.
Ah, so we're supposed to pick a sector that the nav sat transport isn't in? When I do that, it displays the red thing that says "object information unavailable".
There's alot more to this script than the sat deployment. You can have ships fetch things for you like missles and MD ammo, or e-cells.
I initially brought up the jumping as a escape from danger, which it looks like moogy2 is working on. It's nice to see that its used for other things already.
The way the sat deployment script works is you select a position Most likely in the sactor the ships in) and from there, it will place a sat in all sectors that dont have one in the same position. Possibly using a jump drive if the next target is more than 2 sectors away. I dont know about this part, I havent watched closely yet, and the M4 I origianlly set to doing this got destroyed, and the M5 replacement cant jump.

moggy2
x3ap

Post by moggy2 » Sat, 31. Dec 05, 22:31

lt_wentoncha wrote:
yep you could do that. Generally speaking though it's the resupply commands that are more likely to use the jumpdrive.

lt_wentoncha
x4

Post by lt_wentoncha » Sun, 1. Jan 06, 02:10

moggy2 wrote:
lt_wentoncha wrote:
yep you could do that. Generally speaking though it's the resupply commands that are more likely to use the jumpdrive.
Oh, I see now. The problem is when it tells me to pick a location with my cursor the command doesn't go through (like and asteroid). I have to pick an object on the menu rather than (x,y,z) coordinates. Is this right?

moggy2
x3ap

Post by moggy2 » Sun, 1. Jan 06, 03:26

to use the deploy ware command to deply navsats you slect a navigation satallite or an advanced satallite then place the cursor in the desired location to drop the satallite.

Normally I select an existing satellite as the location since I find that easier. Normally you would select a piece of empty space.

If there's already a satellite in the sector then the ship will just move onto the next sector. It's simple enough to use, and the script can cope with any input you give it, so just give it a go.

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”