!!! X3 Community Patch v1.2 !!! FYI- Fixes Turrets Without Replacing Models!

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Bubba Fat
x3

!!! X3 Community Patch v1.2 !!! FYI- Fixes Turrets Without Replacing Models!

Post by Bubba Fat » Sun, 25. Dec 05, 07:09

Click here for the X3 Community Patch v1.2, and scroll down the page!
:arrow: http://x2source.com/forums/index.php?ac ... entry38830

Now fixes the Boron Shark turrets thanks to DeadlyDa!

Code: Select all

It fixes the Nova turrets, the Boron Orca rear turret, and the Boron Barracuda Sentinel cockpit view. It also makes all "cameradummys" invisible. And it adds the correct Argon Nova Raider/Pirate Nova Raider model, and the correct Paranid Perseus Vanguard/Yaki Susanowa Hauler model. This mod also contains my "Military Transport Front Guns Mod". You can buy the Military Transport at the Federal Argon Shipyard in Argon Prime. I also fixed the location of the Military Transport's cockpit view. And I think you can only buy it if you start a new game.
Have you found any problems with X3: Reunion that still exist, or were caused by patch 1.3? Post your problems here so I can fix it. I can mainly do ship-related fixes, but I'm trying to get together a "Community Patch". This "Community Patch" will have fixes to the game done by the modding community. It will contain my "Missing Ship Models" mod and other ship fixes, and hopefully more. If you would like to help fix the game, post here or let me know. If you have found any problems, also post here. Even if it's not just about a ship. I or someone else may be able to fix it.

Problems I have noticed, or read about somewhere in some other post...

1.) (Fixed it) Not all missing ship models were added in patch 1.3.

2.) (Fixed it) Messed-up cockpit view in the Boron Barracuda Sentinel.

3.) (Fixed all the Nova turrets and the rear turret on the Boron Orca. The Orca turret even rotates now. I think the Boron Shark and Ray might have the same problem with some of their turrets. Anyone else notice that? I won't fix it if it's just me.) Boron M1 and M2 turret trouble?

4.) Teladi Osprey variations all seem to have the same stats.

5.) New files for cockpits and large ship wreckage. I have not messed with these files yet, so I don't know if I could get them working.

6.) I destroyed a Pirate base with Firestorm torpedos. It left no wreckage, and no Pirate ships launched from it, or spawned near it. Anyone else had that problem?

7.) Too many asteroids. (I seem to be one of the few people who actually like the new asteroids.)

8.) "After that it's the target monitor window ALWAYS popping up when aquiring a new target even when it's supposedly disconnected."

9.) "I personally like the reduced HUD MOD V1.3" (I'm not sure what that does. I've never used it.)

10.) "PSG, MD and ID weapons cause immense slowdown in patch 1.3"

11.) "Is it possible to slip in an "L" type crystal fab? - In order to supply an "L" type solar plant you need two and a half M type crystal fabs (Which is impossible), and to service an XL SPP you need 5 smaller crystal fabs which is so damn messy." (I don't know. I've never played the game enough to do anything with factories or whatever. I don't know how they work. If it's something I can add to the game with an editor, I might be able to get it to work. If it needs scripting, probably not. I've never tried scritpting. Not yet anyway.)

12.) "Hey - I have found some sort of bug in Ore Belt...
Sometimes this sector has terrible frame rates...
When I jump out and back in it's all smooth again, so it's not the activity happening at that moment.
Only noticed this problem since patch 1.3"

13.) (Fixed it) Argon Discoverers are classified as M4s instead of M5s. (Some scripters had problems with that.)

14.) I didn't see any Split Caiman Miner in the tships.pck, unless it's called something else.

15.) More resolutions to choose from.

16.) Better turrets. Turrets that actually rotate and fire from both barrels. Better turret accuracy too?

17.) Cockpits. X2 cockpits look all black now since patch 1.3.

18.) Player logos need to be added back into the game.

19.) The warp tunnel/jump gate effect thing needs to be added.

Hopefully some other modders will want to help fix things, and then we can make a "Community Patch". With a "Community Patch", everyone will be able to download it, and then other modders will be able to base their mods off the patch. That way everyone will have the best of the best mods/fixes available, and also be able to use other mods of their choice with no compatibility issues. If it's going to be really good, I'll need some help. I can't fix everything myself. I shouldn't have to either. I also need feedback from the community to let me know what needs to be fixed. I do not play this game. All I did was go through the main story, but that was it. Now I just keep modding/fixing it so that one day I can actually enjoy playing it. As I hope you all can too. I'd like to release the first version before New Years.
Last edited by Bubba Fat on Mon, 16. Jan 06, 00:15, edited 11 times in total.

NumNuts
x3tc

Post by NumNuts » Sun, 25. Dec 05, 09:28

umm, for me the amount of small asteroids is #1. After that it's the target monitor window ALWAYS popping up when aquiring a new target even when it's supposedly disconnected.
I think you will confront the same ordeal as Ego though..ie.you can't please EVERYONE ALL the time. :-) Good luck though!!
I remember an "All in One Bonus Package" for X2 doing the same thing...cant remember if it was a majority rule thing or signed script package etc.... but was great to get a collection of the best stuff in one single package.

*EDIT*
I forgot one - I personally like the reduced HUD MOD V1.3, for my system at least in some heavily populated sectors I get a 5-10FPS increase just by turning all those boxes off.
Last edited by NumNuts on Sun, 25. Dec 05, 10:12, edited 1 time in total.

JonusITA
x3

Post by JonusITA » Sun, 25. Dec 05, 10:08

i think that this work should be done by the ego staff...

they have the right means, they know what to do, and how to do it

this whould be a mod, not a "patch"

anyway goodluck ;)
Memento Audere Semper

X-Tended Mod Team Member
X-Tended Mod official forums
X-Tended official ship gallery

Shada
x3tc

Post by Shada » Sun, 25. Dec 05, 10:24

For some people - PSG, MD and ID weapons cause immense slowdown in patch 1.3 - but did not cause slowdown in patch 1.2. If you can figure out some way of fixing this then I would be incredibly happy and probably go "Yay".

Ryuujin
x3

Post by Ryuujin » Sun, 25. Dec 05, 11:51

Is it possible to slip in an "L" type crystal fab? - In order to supply an "L" type solar plant you need two and a half M type crystal fabs (Which is impossible), and to service an XL SPP you need 5 smaller crystal fabs which is so damn messy.

Hotpot
x3

Post by Hotpot » Sun, 25. Dec 05, 15:13

If the dark cockpits get sorted, I will be a happy bunny.

Sandalpocalypse
x4

Post by Sandalpocalypse » Sun, 25. Dec 05, 15:36

cockpit lighting, PSG/MD/ID, and some other things are extremely unlikely to be fixed by any modding.

teladi osprey versions isn't a bug, since you can only get the base osprey.

i believe egosoft meant that pirate bases spawn local pirates rather than just couriers, which they now do, yes.

Tenlar Scarflame
xr

Post by Tenlar Scarflame » Sun, 25. Dec 05, 16:24

I'll just be happy if the cockpit callback (with minimal HUD) and the missing ship models are consolidated into one so I can have my cake and eat it too. :D
My music - Von Neumann's Children - Lasers and Tactics

I'm on Twitch! 21:15 EST Sundays. Come watch me die a lot.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sun, 25. Dec 05, 16:26

Numnuts I have a mod which fixes the asteroid problem

H.F._Mudd
x3tc

Post by H.F._Mudd » Sun, 25. Dec 05, 17:40

Shada wrote:For some people - PSG, MD and ID weapons cause immense slowdown in patch 1.3 - but did not cause slowdown in patch 1.2. If you can figure out some way of fixing this then I would be incredibly happy and probably go "Yay".
Amen brother.
Wanderin' the wastelands...

NumNuts
x3tc

Post by NumNuts » Sun, 25. Dec 05, 20:28

BlackRain wrote:Numnuts I have a mod which fixes the asteroid problem
Thanks BlackRain, last night I got so desperate I downloaded the ModManager and tried putting your LessRoids mod together with the minimal HUD mod, I still dont know if I did it correctly but it appeared to work when starting a new game. I put a link to the cat/dat in the minimal HUD thread. :)

sic95
x3

Bugs with version Patch 1.3

Post by sic95 » Mon, 26. Dec 05, 13:13

Hey - I have found some sort of bug in Ore Belt...
Sometimes this sector has terrible frame rates...
When I jump out and back in it's all smooth again, so it's not the activity happening at that moment.
Only noticed this problem since patch 1.3
It's not my computer either :)

3.2 AMD - SLI 128 Geforce 6600GT
2 GIG Duel Channel Geil 400mhz mem
*I only have one video card atm - Does this game support SLI???

Galaxy613
x4

Re: !!! Problems with X3? Post here so I can fix. (X3 Community Patch/Mod Ideas) !!!

Post by Galaxy613 » Mon, 26. Dec 05, 15:06

Bubba Fat wrote:1.) Not all missing ship models were added in patch 1.3.
Such as?
10,000 Lightyears of awesomeness

Bubba Fat
x3

Post by Bubba Fat » Mon, 26. Dec 05, 23:22

NumNuts wrote:umm, for me the amount of small asteroids is #1. After that it's the target monitor window ALWAYS popping up when aquiring a new target even when it's supposedly disconnected.
I think you will confront the same ordeal as Ego though..ie.you can't please EVERYONE ALL the time. :-) Good luck though!!
I remember an "All in One Bonus Package" for X2 doing the same thing...cant remember if it was a majority rule thing or signed script package etc.... but was great to get a collection of the best stuff in one single package.

*EDIT*
I forgot one - I personally like the reduced HUD MOD V1.3, for my system at least in some heavily populated sectors I get a 5-10FPS increase just by turning all those boxes off.
I'll probably release two or three versions like I did before. Although I don't know if cockpits can be fixed this time.
JonusITA wrote:i think that this work should be done by the ego staff...

they have the right means, they know what to do, and how to do it

this whould be a mod, not a "patch"

anyway goodluck ;)
You're absolutely right. They should do it. But X3 was released back in October, and they still haven't gotten around to fixing it yet. I guess it's up to the modders now, since most people don't want to wait several more months for their game to be completed.
Sandalpocalypse wrote:cockpit lighting, PSG/MD/ID, and some other things are extremely unlikely to be fixed by any modding.

teladi osprey versions isn't a bug, since you can only get the base osprey.

i believe egosoft meant that pirate bases spawn local pirates rather than just couriers, which they now do, yes.
Yeah, those things are unlikely to be solved by modding. But I will still put them on the list. It's possible someone could fix them. You can only buy the base Osprey? Maybe there should be a poll to find out what people want to see in an Osprey. Then the top three choices could be added to the game. Spawn local Pirates rather than couriers? I'm not sure what you mean by that. The Pirate base I destroyed didn't spawn anything. I guess I could try destroying some others though.
Galaxy613 wrote:
Bubba Fat wrote:1.) Not all missing ship models were added in patch 1.3.
Such as?
Argon Nova Raider/Pirate Nova Raider use the regular Nova model. Paranid Perseus Vanguard/Susanowa Hauler use the regular Paranid Perseus Raider model. I can't remember if there are any others. The Boron Barracuda Sentinel has a messed-up cockpit view. It also looks like after they fixed the Argon Discoverer models, they used my mod for the rest of the ships they added. Because they all have "cameradummys" for cockpits. None of the other Egosoft ships use "cameradummys" for cockpits. Just some of the new ships they added, which also happens to be the same ships I added, use the same exact cockpit view method. Except, unlike in my mod, they didn't make the "cameradummys" invisible. Look at the Argon Nova Sentinel and Vanguard cockpits to see what I mean.

IKCBlade
x3

Post by IKCBlade » Tue, 27. Dec 05, 00:46

1) 1280x1024 resolution minumum? that is complete absurd, well crap. Just try and give a legit reason the game cant be viewed at 800x600 correctly? (IMO, from even my limited coding standpoint there is NO reason)

2) Collossus is a wonderfull battlecarrier, able to launch eight fighters at a go is perfect. But her turrets dont fire on hostile fighters 85% of the time, and they refuse to fire on any missile except for Mosquito's and Hornet's. This seems to be mainly a Aegis bug, but it does happen though not as often without Aegis installed.

3) Ship designs, when does X3 take place, right after X2 or a century afterwords? every single ship design gets replaced in the blink of an eye? Some of the models are very nice but you should have just upgraded the model designs of the original, and saved these new designs for a expansion/X4. That kills the continuity of the storyarc for me atleast.

4) Cockpit's, thats what sold me in X2 and helped keep me playing the game. Alot of us, a great many who play the game but dont post much if at all, are hardcore flight and space simmer's. This holographic stuff is a major turnoff for us, simple as that.

Dont get me wrong, X3 is a beautifull game. And has alot of still untapped potential. I truely hope that Egosoft can realise and tap the potential the X-series truely has.

Bubba Fat
x3

Post by Bubba Fat » Tue, 27. Dec 05, 02:34

IKCBlade wrote:1) 1280x1024 resolution minumum? that is complete absurd, well crap. Just try and give a legit reason the game cant be viewed at 800x600 correctly? (IMO, from even my limited coding standpoint there is NO reason)

2) Collossus is a wonderfull battlecarrier, able to launch eight fighters at a go is perfect. But her turrets dont fire on hostile fighters 85% of the time, and they refuse to fire on any missile except for Mosquito's and Hornet's. This seems to be mainly a Aegis bug, but it does happen though not as often without Aegis installed.

3) Ship designs, when does X3 take place, right after X2 or a century afterwords? every single ship design gets replaced in the blink of an eye? Some of the models are very nice but you should have just upgraded the model designs of the original, and saved these new designs for a expansion/X4. That kills the continuity of the storyarc for me atleast.

4) Cockpit's, thats what sold me in X2 and helped keep me playing the game. Alot of us, a great many who play the game but dont post much if at all, are hardcore flight and space simmer's. This holographic stuff is a major turnoff for us, simple as that.

Dont get me wrong, X3 is a beautifull game. And has alot of still untapped potential. I truely hope that Egosoft can realise and tap the potential the X-series truely has.
I'm not sure how to fix the resolution options, or the turret accuracy. Good ideas though. I don't think the new ships have anything to do with the story or continuity. It's just eye candy they added to make X3 seem like more of a new game. I'm working on adding X2 ships to new used shipyards. I probably won't add that to this patch though, unless a lot of people wanted it. Not all the old ships look quite right with the new graphics effects either. Yeah, it seems the X2 cockpits are all black now. I think Egosoft might be planning new X3 cockpits though.

Bubba Fat
x3

Post by Bubba Fat » Wed, 28. Dec 05, 07:04

:arrow:
Last edited by Bubba Fat on Wed, 28. Dec 05, 20:08, edited 2 times in total.

IKCBlade
x3

Post by IKCBlade » Wed, 28. Dec 05, 07:15

Its not accuracy thats the problem. The turrets WHEN they are are amazingly accurate with or without Aegis, the problem is they only fire about 4% of the time, a pirate ship can sit right infront of a Colossus's port side turret, the turret sits looking stupid even though its under orders to fire on anything hostile. They will however readily fire on any station that passes within its arc, but they will entirely ignore any fighter or capship.

Bubba Fat
x3

Post by Bubba Fat » Wed, 28. Dec 05, 07:26

I think that it might be because the turret's aim is so slow, that it can't hit anything that's moving. Stations don't move, so it's an easy target. Or it could have something to do with the model being messed-up. The Boron Orca's rear turret can't shoot behind the ship, because it's facing the wrong direction. I'm still trying to get that fixed right. I think some other ships may have the same problem too.

Bubba Fat
x3

Post by Bubba Fat » Wed, 28. Dec 05, 20:40

X3 Community Patch v1.0 now available for download! Just click here and scroll down the page.
http://x2source.com/forums/index.php?sh ... =0&p=38418&

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”