[Utility] Camera Functions

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

AalaarDB
x3tc

[Utility] Camera Functions

Post by AalaarDB » Thu, 22. Dec 05, 10:28

Camera Functions
Camera Functions Mirror

We scripters all know how little ability we have to actually manipulate ships. This is one step closer. With this library, you can change a ship's rotation in increments over a period of time so that it looks like it is rotating.

This library was written for an upcoming mission where a ship is 'spying' on another race's sector. It flys around the edge of the sector (using a modified version of my 3d library), and then looks towards the center of the sector so as to 'spy' on it periodically. The script is included as a demo, and can be run on the playership.

I'm calling it a camera function rather than rotation function because it can be run on the playership, thus altering the camera. Possibly I will write a fly-by-cam, look-at cam, stuff like that later. It will be neat to see what else we can do with this. Hopefully it can be used for people's missions to give a cutscene feeling.

Gabe1291
x3ap

Post by Gabe1291 » Fri, 23. Dec 05, 12:10

Great so far, might finnally be able to figure out how to get those seemingly useless camera drones to do somthing

royston1860
x4

Post by royston1860 » Fri, 23. Dec 05, 14:52

Sounds like you're trying to reinvent the camera views used in X-BTF and X-Tension. :wink:

Hope it works out, be nice to view the universe from a different slant.

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”