[MOD] BlackRain Rebalance Release update for X3 v1.3 12.25.2005

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

What do you think of this Mod?

The Rebalance was done well
49%
Not bad but could use some balancing
28%
Would rather just have more pirate activity
2%
Dont care for the new speeds of ships
7%
Everything about it sucks
14%

Total votes: 43

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

[MOD] BlackRain Rebalance Release update for X3 v1.3 12.25.2005

Post by BlackRain » Tue, 13. Dec 05, 21:14

Okay, this mod has been updated for v1.3 and does far less then what the original did, but I still made some changes that I use myself!

I have not touched Tlasers at all and since now the enemies have been increased, no need for that! What I did do was:

-- Increased speeds of ships but not dramatically, for instance:
Nova Raiders used to fly at 145, now they fly at 245-- Each ships speed has been increased accordingly, and as I said, not dramatically, but enough that I think it is much more interesting. Also for example, Carriers now range from 100-170 or so depending on which carrier, and destroyers range from I believe 90-120 or so depending.
-- Also increased turning rate of capital ships, but NOT significantly, just a little, for example from .6 to .9. You may not think it makes a difference, but it does.
-- Increased turning rates of ALL M6's moderately to make them much more useful. I don't see why they should have the turning capabilities of a Destroyer or Carrier when they are only a quarter of the size, if that much. They are also somewhat faster.
-- I have also modified Tmissiles to make the missiles somewhat faster, but not significantly.
-- I have NOT modified any of the speeds of the lasers, and I have NOT modified any of the laser recharge rates.

There will be three Versions, one normal,one with DECREASED Asteroids, and one with DECREASED asteroids and DECREASED enemy activity.

BlackRain Rebalance Normal
http://www.badongo.com/file.php?file=Re ... alance.zip

BlackRain Rebalance No Roids
http://www.badongo.com/file.php?file=Re ... oRoids.zip

BlackRain Rebalance Easy
http://www.badongo.com/file.php?file=Re ... ebEasy.zip

The No Asteroids aspect works correctly now and they will be lessened greatly
Last edited by BlackRain on Sun, 25. Dec 05, 05:57, edited 10 times in total.

bendyspex
x3

Post by bendyspex » Tue, 13. Dec 05, 21:57

Great mod. I haven't tried it yet, but it sounds great. I have been waiting for someone to make only the transport and capital ship cockpits available. The new spawn rates sound good, and the weapons seem to have been changed to what they are designed to do. I am using the regualr version so I will let you know what the Xenon do, and how quickly. I could be in for some interesting battles as I have other scripts that make races protect there property by sending more fleets. Bring on the super battles :twisted: I'll let you know what I think when I have tried it.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Wed, 14. Dec 05, 02:23

Okay, Galaxy uploaded the new version, so please feel free to download v1.1. It will take sometime for whoever is trying this out to get any feedback to me, but please feel free to let me know what you think, thanks.

Sandalpocalypse
x4

Post by Sandalpocalypse » Wed, 14. Dec 05, 10:18

Cool. Careful though, 1.3 will modify TShips.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Wed, 14. Dec 05, 16:31

Yeah, I am aware that 1.3 will be changing Tships, but it wont be difficult to make an update that will take that into account it will just be annoying hehe.

sc_hornetAMF
x3

Post by sc_hornetAMF » Wed, 14. Dec 05, 16:46

And there is no way that this can be installed into a current game?

Im really not keen on starting again. Im just getting setup now.
Ho Hum

Sandalpocalypse
x4

Post by Sandalpocalypse » Wed, 14. Dec 05, 16:54

you don't need to restart your game, but certain values are set at game creation or when a ship is created (often these coincide). thus your game will be wonky if you don't start a new one. Not unstable or anything like that, but you will have ships with the same name but very different stats.

If you do start a second game, pick a different objective. For instance, if you were a peaceful trader, try being an out and out pirate...

sc_hornetAMF
x3

Post by sc_hornetAMF » Wed, 14. Dec 05, 18:04

Its more the increased pirate activity im intrested in.

I dont mind the combat at the moment. I think ships move fast enough as it is.
Ho Hum

Sandalpocalypse
x4

Post by Sandalpocalypse » Wed, 14. Dec 05, 18:19

black rain can probably release his jobs.pck seperately...

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Wed, 14. Dec 05, 18:40

I could send you a file which would be for just the pirates, send me a pm if thats what you want. You should at least try the ships with the increased speed, you might find it interesting and yes you can use it with your current save but all of the existing ships in the universe will be set with the old values and it will also take a little time for all of the extra ships added in the mod to spawn, any new ships you buy or new ships spawned will have the new changes though.

JudasProphet
x3

Post by JudasProphet » Wed, 14. Dec 05, 23:04

Sounds neat, a good time for me to start a new game. :D

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Thu, 15. Dec 05, 01:50

Please make sure to let me know what you think or if anything is not working correctly. If there is anything you would like to see changed or ideas on things I should add please let me know.

Britich
x3tc

Post by Britich » Thu, 15. Dec 05, 01:59

i feel that Capital ships are far too manouverable with this installed (i managed to turn a carrier on a dime at 150m/s) - I feel that capital ships should stay slow and as manouverable as a brick.

the M6 > M3 speed increases are fine, but M2 and M1 ships need to be slow turners as they are behemoths and can take a real beating, speed also could be lowered.

Other than that - I LOVE THIS :D

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Thu, 15. Dec 05, 02:39

HEhe, thanks Britich for the input. Well I wanted the capital ships to be faster and more fun in combat, which is why I made them more maneuverable. I will definitely look into balancing the maneuverability of the M1 and M2. Yes, I made the M6 around the same relative speed as the M3 because as a anti fighter ship I felt it should be at least as fast as the M3. Also what version are you using Britich? Lite or Regular? If you are using the Regular version how is it running on your PC with all the extra activity? Also how are the pirates? Let me know how the economy in your game is going as well if you dont mind.

I don't really want to update the mod until I have more things to change/add at least until after the 1.3 patch.

sc_hornetAMF
x3

Post by sc_hornetAMF » Thu, 15. Dec 05, 12:57

I thought the jobs.pck was loaded on new games only, and once u changed it u had to restart it to get the effect.
Ho Hum

Britich
x3tc

Post by Britich » Thu, 15. Dec 05, 13:48

Also what version are you using Britich? Lite or Regular?
Regular

If you are using the Regular version how is it running on your PC with all the extra activity?
Well i have a 6800gt so the graphics are fine :) but my processor is a bit lacking so i get some stutter now and again, but thats because i invaded a pirate system (took me 3 hours to quell the blighters! and i lost half my carriers compliment of fighters)

Also how are the pirates?
Some systems they can be annoying (like argon prime, as if it wasnt laggy enough :D ) but in pirate sectors and out lying regions they act like they own the place.. finally!

Let me know how the economy in your game is going as well if you dont mind.
So far i havent noticed a real difference, but ive not been able to play as much recently so i figure it will take a little longer before i notice anything.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Thu, 15. Dec 05, 16:19

sc_hornetAMF, I don't think you have to restart to get the full effect of the jobs.pck file although it will take longer for the effect to happen in an already played game at least this is what I think. What I mean is, if you restart your game with the new jobs.pck file, all the changes will be there immediately, like all of the increased ships and such, however if you are loading up a previous game and using this new mod you will have the amount of ships in the universe you had but since now the max ships allowed in the universe is higher, the ships will respawn and continue to respawn until the max is reached, and since I have upped respawn rate and also the amount of ships which respawn it should get to the max in some time, it wont take too long but it will take a little while. (I could be wrong, I haven't tested this out but I will look into it)

Britich, were you having any problems with the economy before or was it good? Like was it stagnant? The reason I ask is because now you have two to three times as many trading ships and more allowed per sector, also they have farther gate ranges and respawn quicker so the economy should not become stagnant.

Hopefully with 1.3 there wont be any lag in larger sectors, I remember when X2 first came out it was the same way, in sectors with a lot of ships it would slow down the game a lot, but then they fixed that. The pirate ships get killed really quick though in core sectors where the races have military/police ships. I would also advise you to use LV's JTP race response script because that will add a whole new element to the game and really makes it so much better because the races will even more effectively respond to attacks and it helps with all the increased pirate activity. Also if you haven't noticed, the pirates will set up bases where they have a heavy influence and it is always fun to take sectors back from them hehe.

--edit oh yeah another good script to have is the terracorp script which has companies that create stations to compete with you.

Britich
x3tc

Post by Britich » Fri, 16. Dec 05, 02:13

Britich, were you having any problems with the economy before or was it good? Like was it stagnant?

No, trade has so far been good.

JudasProphet
x3

Post by JudasProphet » Fri, 16. Dec 05, 10:37

Is there a way to not have the ship/missile/laser speeds modded? I liked it better with the original speeds, otherwise I'm having a blast with the mod.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Fri, 16. Dec 05, 17:14

Well, with the faster ships, if the missile/lasers arent faster you wont be able to hit the ships, trust me I tried it out. Although I was thinking of making all of the weapons weaker so that fights would last longer because I find that Capital ship battles are still too short. So if I weaken Capital ship weapons I need to do the same for the fighter ships which I don't think is a bad thing, but I need to test it out. I will see if I can slow down the lasers a little bit, but I don't know how much I can really do that without making it extremely hard to hit ships.

-- Plus if you think about it, the missiles really should be faster, but I could probably lower the missile speeds a little.

So I will ask those of you who have tried the mod what you think should be done. Do you want weapons to be weaker for longer battles? Do you still think lasers/missiles should be slower despite being much harder to hit targets? I am already going to make the turning rates of capital ships slower. Anyone try out the Flak Cannon yet? What do you think?

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”