AL Plugin : Deathmatch Arena Redux 1.3 30/6/08

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Rate This Script

1/5
3%
2/5
1%
3/5
3%
4/5
12%
5/5
42%
I sometimes wear womens clothing
39%

Total votes: 207

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

AL Plugin : Deathmatch Arena Redux 1.3 30/6/08

Post by LV » Fri, 25. Nov 05, 00:34

Name : X3 Deathmatch Arena

Description : AL Plugin providing Player Deathmatches
Version : Redux 1.3
Author : LV

****************** NOTE **********************

This plugin uses the EMP MOD Pack

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

DMA Redux: Cycrow Installer Download

1.3 update info

(This update fixes where some players rank was frozen by resetting it to 0 ) no other updates from 1.2

On starting x3 you will now be messaged asking if you want to reset your rank, it will not show again unless you turn the plugin off the on again via the AL plugin menu in the game interface

Full Plugin: Detailed description:

This plugin, once installed, will run in the Artificial Life menu automatically. The plugin can be disabled in the same way as any other AL plugin.

DMA offers deathmatches in randow low level sectors of various difficulties for cash/ware/station and ship & equipment rewards. DMA will also give you both Imperial and insane rewards unless you choose the safe cash option.

The further you go and the higher level you choose will affect your ultimate points score and you will be given the option to leave the arena.

When you are offered a mission and you accept check your Global Menu for ships and you will see the Deathmatch Timer running down in anticipation of you entering the sector.

Conditions of entry.

DMA has it's own combat ranking system, players gain rank by killing ships in the arena and until certain ranks are achieved no other player combat ships will be allowed in the sector, any found will be dealt with.

Salvage insurance/Adv Sats/Scanners will be liberated from your ship while the game is running.

New Improvements for DMA Redux

[ external image ]

1. Race Notoriety System

As well as cash and prizes you can now trade your dma points for race notoriety, careful though as the Ref will not let you jump too many levels so 5,000,000 points could end up as 10 rank points at lower notoriety levels.

2. Xtreme Menu

If your rank is above warrior and you have gained enough points a 4th menu option will appear for "Xtreme Menu", To get access to this level you will more than need to play at Xtreme difficulty and also finish off everything up to M2 class ships.

[ external image ]

Xtreme Menu Options

To start with the menu appears as above.

Choosing Unknown Ship will send 1 of the games unacessable ships to your sector.

Choosing Headquarters will give you just that (3 allowed maximum)

Sector Taxing Software

[ external image ]

A new piece of imperial kit that runs in conjunction with the "Your Own Sector" command. If you choose this option 1 unit of STS will be beamed into your ship (make sure you have cargo space for it). Then through the special command menu when you are in a sector you own you may deploy the tax drone. The drone will then charge ships making passage through your system and also charge any stations that inhabit your sector.

As well as taking tolls the drone will display the Sector Defense Level so the more combat ships that are in the sector of your means the toll rate is multiplied.

Unavailable Product Factory.

Ever wanted to make those elusive Jumpdrives or MK3 Trade Extensions or even Khaak ordinance. This option will build 1 factory in the DMA sector with a product thats usually unavailable.

Your Own Sector

As is says on the tin choose this option and the DMA sec will belong to you, only goner sectors and averice are blocked from takeover.

Station Purchase Software.

[ external image ]

This option will only appear once you have built 3 or more headquarters, A single unit of SPS will be beamed to your ship and then all you have to do is be within 5k of your target station (factories only) and it becomes your property. You wil find the command in your trade menu.

Both the Station Purchase Software and also the Sector Taxing Software are useable only once and with the STS if you deploy in a sector you dont own you lose the software.

Finally, I did make it a little harder :twisted:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WARNING - This AL Plugin will kick your ass! It is for combat freaks unless you try it on 'Easy'

You have been warned.

Enjoy :)

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Install:

Cycrow installer only ladies :)

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Uninstall:

Set the plugin to off in the AL menu and wait for 1 hr, it will then be safe to uninstall

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This plugin will rename Unknown sectors To

Code: Select all

Darkness Falls 
Fallen Shores 
Depths of Darkness 
Light of Hope 
Circle of Deceit 
Nomads Revivification 
Aphotic Necrosis 
Antediluvian Ruins 
Leap of Faith 
The Void 
Aphrodite's Storm 
Narayan's Revenge 
Proteus Prime 
Themis Orcus 
Actaeon's Elysium 
Neptune's Retreat 
Oceanus Prime

(language files)

448005.xml
447000.xml // forum name lib

<t id="555">A_LV_DMA_LAUNCHTAXDRONE</t> 
  <t id="434">A_LV_DMA_TAKESTATION</t>

EMP Wares

<t id="10663">Sector Taxing Software</t> 
  //142 
  <t id="10863">Station Purchase Software</t> 
  //162
Last edited by LV on Mon, 30. Jun 08, 20:45, edited 28 times in total.
LV's TC Scripts
Readme's For All My Scripts

I felt a great disturbance in the forum, Like millions of voices cried out in terror, then were silenced

si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses

janonol
x3

Post by janonol » Fri, 25. Nov 05, 00:58

sounds great. kick my ass. i think not. lol. famous last words. will try it tonight. thanks. :)

RaGodofTehSun
x3

Post by RaGodofTehSun » Fri, 25. Nov 05, 04:07

LV you should really have all your scripts put into the sticky at the top...i hate having to go digging for them like this the JTP script and the regen armor plug in?

999-JAY-999
x3tc

Post by 999-JAY-999 » Fri, 25. Nov 05, 19:48

Indeed LV you could do with a port of call... place to gain access to ALL your scripts updated on the fly... The above sticky of scripts just doesnt update nearly enough to keep up.
System Spec :-

AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Duel 6000+ (3.01GHz)
Windows XP Home Ed. SP 3
ATI Radeon HD 4850 (512)
Creative X-FI Soundard
2.00 GB of RAM
G9 RAZOR Mouse

nefas
x4

Post by nefas » Fri, 25. Nov 05, 20:15

Like the script except for when you get the destroyer spawned. After you beat it and all his wingmen i picked the money and it gave me a negative
number.It maybe even at the carrier spawning i picked surprise me and it
gave me -19110 slaves.

Also when it spawns khaak clusters they dont break up they just die.

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Fri, 25. Nov 05, 21:27

The slaves is a wierd one I've never had a single negative. :idea:

As far as the khaak, the tag is random and i never got a cluster, I'll sort it soon :)
LV's TC Scripts

I felt a great disturbance in the forum, Like millions of voices cried out in terror, then were silenced

bendyspex
x3

Post by bendyspex » Fri, 25. Nov 05, 21:32

Great script LV, are you going to be releasign the BBS verison soon?
Thanks

cwaHardy
x3

Post by cwaHardy » Sat, 26. Nov 05, 08:24

I did the deathmatch on x-treme and kept staying for more and beat everything, and got a -score and a M5 Pegasus for all the hard work :(

real fun script though :)

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Sat, 26. Nov 05, 09:41

Every test i make I get a positive score

[ external image ]

:?

I have repacked the download although i can't see what difference that will make as it's fine for me, did you cheat at all?

Puzzling !
LV's TC Scripts

cwaHardy
x3

Post by cwaHardy » Sat, 26. Nov 05, 11:19

I'll redownload and give it a go, tho i did cheat with a modded ship i fly, im using the sargon ship atm but i never cheated in battle at all, just killed anything red :)

Also the deathmatch seems to leave behind a lot of Astronauts who bail ship, i once had over 12 flying around after battle. Anyway of getting rid of these without having to collect/kill them ?, as they take up all the docking ports in that sector otherwise, which is bad when some stations only have 5 ports.

janonol
x3

Post by janonol » Sun, 27. Nov 05, 23:32

this plugin is defienlty one of the best. spent way to much time taking on all challengers.

a few things after playing it.

1st - the ships are not capturable. why is this? i would really enjoy being able to capture the ships. maybe noty on easy but on extreme it would be a nice reward to balance out the mad damage done to my hull.
2nd - the ship also do not have pilots listed but pilots do bail out of the ships soemtimes before the ship explodes.
3rd - would there be some way to control how often the invitation to fight comes up? i find it great when i want a fight but irritating when i just want to explore. i can switch it off in AI setting but then i often forget to re-enable it. is it possible to make it a BBS message?

Lothmorg
x3

Post by Lothmorg » Mon, 28. Nov 05, 08:27

cwaHardy wrote:I did the deathmatch on x-treme and kept staying for more and beat everything, and got a -score and a M5 Pegasus for all the hard work
Same here, but I got a Split Jaguar. I think my score was -28 million.
This is obviously an overflow error.

I actually took two screenshots, but I can't seem to get the stupid TGA files to show. Both GIMP and iBrowser can't seem to display them.
Any ideas?
There are 10 kinds of people in the world.
Those who understand binary and those who don't.

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Mon, 28. Nov 05, 15:22

capping is disabled until you get to a certain rank (i better check i enabled this :) )

I'll play with the code so it auto reverts any - value to a positive later,

On the crappy ships your getting, it's all down to luck, there would be no fun in getting a monster ship every win would there, keep at it ;)
LV's TC Scripts

Lothmorg
x3

Post by Lothmorg » Mon, 28. Nov 05, 16:11

Thanks LV.

I was getting captures left and right, so yes, that's still working.

I would think that if you get a negative value, instead of just flipping the sign to positive (absolute value), you would want to set it to High(), if the SE has such a function.

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Tue, 29. Nov 05, 00:37

Ok i've spent some time on this tonight

1. All payouts have been positive.
2. Space Suits will be killed
3. Xtreme was obviously too easy :twisted:
4. BBS soon™

Alot of behind the scenes tweaks

Please update from frontpage link
LV's TC Scripts

Seven05
x3

Post by Seven05 » Tue, 29. Nov 05, 03:20

And I just came here to report a bug, I'll try the new version to see if it still happens.

If you're curious, I started a new Bankrupt Assassin game and accepted the deathmatch challenge in Hatikvahs Faith before I had done anything else aside from killing a single K interceptor. Needless to say I was flat broke and as soon as I accepted the game froze. Tried is again when I had what I'll assume is the 10k entrance fee and there was no problem, went back and tried it again while broke and it froze the game again.

Lothmorg
x3

Post by Lothmorg » Tue, 29. Nov 05, 05:24

Just another minor annoyance to report.

Satellites.
If I have a deathmatch in a sector that already has my satellite network in, it will destroy my satellites and then replace them all with a single nav sat in the direct middle of the sector.

Would it be possible to temporaily move them or change the race so they don't get destroyed? Replacing these is a pain in the arse.

Thanks. Great work!

Seven05
x3

Post by Seven05 » Tue, 29. Nov 05, 16:15

Well, maybe it has nothing to do with money (or the lack thereof)...

Any time I accept the challenge in Hatikvahs Faith (Pirate system) it hangs. Unfortunately I though it was my lack of money but it seems the DMA only wants to have fights in Hatikvahs Faith when I'm broke and last night they finally gave me one when I had money but it still hung the game.

Outside of that sector it is working perfectly.

Captain Chris sTc
x4

Post by Captain Chris sTc » Wed, 30. Nov 05, 15:30

you have two links on your first post the bottom one dosn't work. how ever the top one dose.
just downloading it now to try out. should be fun like all the rest of your scripts

RJV
x3tc

Post by RJV » Wed, 30. Nov 05, 15:57

Lothmorg wrote:
cwaHardy wrote:I did the deathmatch on x-treme and kept staying for more and beat everything, and got a -score and a M5 Pegasus for all the hard work
Same here, but I got a Split Jaguar. I think my score was -28 million.
This is obviously an overflow error.

I actually took two screenshots, but I can't seem to get the stupid TGA files to show. Both GIMP and iBrowser can't seem to display them.
Any ideas
?
Try downloading Irfanviewer (I think that's what it's called, and I think it's free, apologies if not). It will convert pretty much any format to any other format (at least of the common ones).

Cheers,

Rob.

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”