Supply and Demand Trade Chart

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

strataholic
x3

Supply and Demand Trade Chart

Post by strataholic » Sun, 20. Nov 05, 07:26

I just wanted to let everyone know that I've made a printable quick-reference trade chart for X3. This file contains a full listing of all factories in each race's territory (not by individual sectors - so no spoiler info), and what wares each factory requires and produces.

Also listed is the average price of the wares produced to help rookie traders (and us old forgetful ones) determine if a factory has a good price or not. I've also included the cargo size and space required to haul the produced ware.

Please let me know if you find any wrong info or if there was something I missed. I hope someone else can put this to good use too. :)

Trade_Chart_X3.xls

File hosted at http://www.hmrguild.com/X3Reunion
--
Strataholic

RaGodofTehSun
x3

Post by RaGodofTehSun » Sun, 20. Nov 05, 07:50

MY GOD thank you SOOOO much i have been wanting this forever!

iwakefie
x3tc

Post by iwakefie » Sun, 20. Nov 05, 16:45

Cheers, mate! This could prove most useful.

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Sun, 20. Nov 05, 17:24

I was going to shift this to XU where such a fine addition deserves to be, then i noticed you had linked it in a sticky, You should edit in a short readme with that link on the XU or most peeps will ignore ;)

Nice work
LV's TC Scripts
Readme's For All My Scripts

I felt a great disturbance in the forum, Like millions of voices cried out in terror, then were silenced

si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses

cox325
x3tc

Post by cox325 » Sun, 20. Nov 05, 17:26

nice one mate. I'll stop doing mine now !!!!! LOL

strataholic
x3

Post by strataholic » Sun, 20. Nov 05, 19:10

Glad you like it. I'm just happy I finally got to contribute something back to the community.

LV - feel free to move this over to XU if you want. That is actually where I meant to post it, but I accidently grabbed the wrong forum window. I guess I spent too much time in space hunting down all the factories yesterday. :D
--
Strataholic

UlteriorModem
x3

Post by UlteriorModem » Wed, 30. Nov 05, 19:06

Just wanted to add my thanks.

Nice piece of work.

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Wed, 30. Nov 05, 19:13

Who said we don't react quickly around here :roll:
LV's TC Scripts
Readme's For All My Scripts

I felt a great disturbance in the forum, Like millions of voices cried out in terror, then were silenced

si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses

KipperTheFish
x3tc

Post by KipperTheFish » Wed, 30. Nov 05, 19:20

And if only you used something other than excel, more of us might use it.......thanks anyway
Pushing up the anti, I know you're gonna see me, Read 'em and weep, The deadman's hand again.

Apocholypse
x3

Post by Apocholypse » Wed, 30. Nov 05, 20:55

It's all so complicated :gruebel:

scritty
x4

Post by scritty » Wed, 30. Nov 05, 20:59

You don't need Excl to open files like this. Plenty of free progs that will open most Excel stuff as long as they don't use VB. Do a search on google and download one you like. (Mostly called things like "Premier Office" and suchlike) Always worth having a spreadsheet anyway

Clarker
We've got lumps of it ..around the back !

ben-66
x3

Post by ben-66 » Wed, 30. Nov 05, 21:12

Thanks, and thank you for making it "printer friendly" :D

Witchking
x2

Post by Witchking » Wed, 30. Nov 05, 21:21

Thanks for this, it will be very usefull when I buy X3. If anyone wants to use this but doesn't have or want to have Microshaft Office can I recommend the excellent and free Open Source alternative Open Office Suite. As I said it's completely free, contains a word processor (like MS Word) , a database, a spreadsheet a drawing utility and a presentation utility (like Powerpoint) ect, they all allow you to open and save docs as native format or MS Word equivilents

Here is the link http://www.openoffice.org/

Twelvefield
x3

Post by Twelvefield » Wed, 30. Nov 05, 22:04

The main problem with spreadsheet programs like Excel, and their freeware cousins, is that once you get them, people like your spouse expect you to use them, especially during X3 time.

soloelf
x3

Post by soloelf » Thu, 1. Dec 05, 20:54

This is WAY better then I would have made it... but then again I'm lazy :P

Thanks!!
HP Pavilion zd8000 (Laptop)
3.2 Ghz (P4 HT)
512 DDR (3200)
X600 ATI (256 Ram non-shared)
17" Widescreen (1680x1050)
80 Gig HD (5200 RPM)

Vinnie_NL
x4

Post by Vinnie_NL » Thu, 1. Dec 05, 21:07

Witchking wrote:Thanks for this, it will be very usefull when I buy X3. If anyone wants to use this but doesn't have or want to have Microshaft Office can I recommend the excellent and free Open Source alternative Open Office Suite. As I said it's completely free, contains a word processor (like MS Word) , a database, a spreadsheet a drawing utility and a presentation utility (like Powerpoint) ect, they all allow you to open and save docs as native format or MS Word equivilents

Here is the link http://www.openoffice.org/
Yeah, I did a format om my system 2 weeks ago and decided not to install MS Office but getting a free office tool, and did already read allot of Open Office. I'm using it for 2 weeks now, and I wonder why I didn't moved to Open Office before, it's great.

Ontopic: And so is this :P
Thanks, I had problems all the time to find the right factory which was kind of annoying.
Thanks!

strataholic
x3

Post by strataholic » Sat, 3. Dec 05, 20:04

Actually, I did use Open Office to create the spreadsheet. :) I had to tinker with it, though, to get it to display the exact same between Open Office and Excel on a friend's computer. Seems there are more options for drawing cell borders with Open Office than with Excel, and Excel didn't know how to handle them. :roll:
--
Strataholic

BugMeister
x4

Post by BugMeister » Sun, 18. Dec 05, 20:55

Hi Strataholic,

I just thought I'd let you know - me and the other apes in our colony have made you a SAINT!!

- we are building a shrine in your honour, even as I write....

All hail, Saint Strat!!

..we are not worthy, we are not worthy...
:D
- the whole universe is running in BETA mode - we're working on it.. beep..!! :D :thumb_up:

Deman
x3tc

Post by Deman » Tue, 3. Jan 06, 15:17

Think there is an error on the Argon Ammunition Factory as my one sure doesn't let me use any secondary resource.

Great chart though, shall continue to use it :)
Riot Games eSports Broadcaster - http://www.twitter.com/RiotDeman

Artesian
x3

Post by Artesian » Wed, 4. Jan 06, 01:51

I've noticed "errors" also. According to the spread sheet to produce Delaxian wheat you need energy and Bogas. I only need energy to produce Wheat, but when I inspect an NPC Wheat farm it list Bogas as a secondary resource. Do player owned and NPC owned station have different resource requirements? I can't do the research myself as I only have a wheat farm and a silicon mine.

This spread sheet is great. It realy shows one the complexity of the game. Nice work Strat!

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”