[SCRIPT] Summon Assisting Ships - V2 jan 5 07

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

dostillevi
x3

Post by dostillevi » Fri, 22. Dec 06, 07:20

Maybe someone who has used this can help me out. No matter what I do I can't get the special menu to show up with the commands in it. I've tried reinitializing the script cache.. everything. I've never once had the commands show up, even on a clean game install with just this mod. I really want to use this.. but I can't! help please :)

Klyith
x3

Post by Klyith » Fri, 22. Dec 06, 15:46

dostillevi wrote:Maybe someone who has used this can help me out. No matter what I do I can't get the special menu to show up with the commands in it. I've tried reinitializing the script cache.. everything. I've never once had the commands show up, even on a clean game install with just this mod. I really want to use this.. but I can't! help please :)
The command to add a ship to a group is on the ship that you want to add to SAS, not on the player ship. The ship also must have a jumpdrive. Despite being in the "special" menu, it does not require the special command software.

Current bugs:
1. Adding a ship to SAS and then transferring yourself into that ship causes big trouble. If you're using it right now, you need to remove the ship before you pilot it. This will be fixed by first altering the script so that it doesn't need to constantly set ships with no task into "standby", and second by checking if a ship is the playership (removing it from SAS if it is).
2. One or two places in the script need undock checks to make sure they aren't giving unfollowable commands to a ship that is docked.

I'm about to leave to visit family for christmas, which means I will be away from my computer & X3. But I'm taking printouts of the code and a copy of the mcsi handbook, so I will be hopefully be able to push out some big chunks of code as soon as I return on the 1st. Maybe even the long-awaited refueling task.

dostillevi
x3

Post by dostillevi » Fri, 22. Dec 06, 16:39

oh thanks very much for that info! This seems like such an incredibly useful script.. I can't wait to use it :)

Klyith
x3

Post by Klyith » Sat, 6. Jan 07, 02:56

Version 2 is here with major improvements!
The interface for adding and removing ships is completely new. It now uses the incoming question method of player input. The big change is you need to use the command from the command console of the ship that you want to add or remove from a group. An advantage for this system is that it gives direct feedback on the add and remove buttons. You can also remove ships from one group at a time.

Other changes:
* Ship refueling: see below...
* Some alterations to Capital ships AI: they now don't get in formation with you, just stay near your ship and kick ass. I found that big ships trying to stay in formation was just ugly.
* Better details in the task descriptions.
* SAS now requires Special Command Software, on both player ship and SAS ships.

Version 2 has lots of bugfixes!
I scrapped the fueltask that was giving people problems. It has been replaced by a script that will try to buy ecells after a SAS mission. The script prefers to find a station "en route" back to the old location. It's pretty basic at the moment (haven't done much with trading scripts), but suggestions are welcome.
Also: Fixed bugs with ships not going back to their old job correctly, which were from not resetting them back to their previous formation. Added undock checks.

Version 2 is incompatible with old versions!
You need to run the uninstall script and then delete scripts from previous installs of SAS. Sorry, I know it's a hassle.

bunk
x3

Post by bunk » Sat, 6. Jan 07, 06:28

Hi Klyith
Is this compatible with Terracorp Task Force which has pilots for hire who gain rank?
Player of computer space games since 1975!

dostillevi
x3

Post by dostillevi » Sat, 6. Jan 07, 14:35

I've had the two running together in my game.. admittedly I haven't tried to use a terracorp pilot in an SAS group. From what I understand of this script, though, they should work just fine since SAS suspends the currently running script and then re-enables it when SAS is done.

Klyith
x3

Post by Klyith » Sat, 6. Jan 07, 18:20

bunk wrote:Hi Klyith
Is this compatible with Terracorp Task Force which has pilots for hire who gain rank?
Yes, in that they can both be installed in the same game. I don't know about having them both operate on the same ship.

I don't use any version of TerraCorps... I grabbed it just now and looked over the sources for a while. TC starts sub-task scripts on all of the ships that get pilots assigned to them, which unlike the main script won't be suspended when SAS starts. So it depends how good those sub-task scripts are at recognizing that and not interfering. There seem to be a good number of checks in there, but the code isn't very commented and not easy to browse over.

I learned my lesson about sub-task scripts; they need plenty of extra thought to avoid problems. Not to say the TC guys would make the rookie errors I did, but it's a massive project that has lots of interacting parts.

So, if you want to be safe, don't add any ships controlled by terracorp to SAS groups.

bunk
x3

Post by bunk » Sun, 7. Jan 07, 05:22

Klyith wrote:
bunk wrote:Hi Klyith
So, if you want to be safe, don't add any ships controlled by terracorp to SAS groups.
I will keep you informed of any problems I have. You may want to have a chat with eladan who looks after TCF script now. Thank you for the help.
Player of computer space games since 1975!

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Tue, 13. Nov 07, 12:34

Hi there,

This script looks great but the link's down...is it available anywhere else?

Cheers,
Sparky

Legionnaire
x4

Post by Legionnaire » Tue, 12. Feb 08, 17:57

I've also just re-installed X3 and am trying to track down scripts i used to use but which i unfortunately lost when my H.D.D failed., and this is one of them, if anyone has this available please let me know as i would very much like to get my hands on it again.

Thanks

*Edited for appalling spelling* :roll:

lostsoulzeffigy
x4

Post by lostsoulzeffigy » Fri, 24. Oct 08, 05:03

I just got turned on to X3 (i know; years after it was originally released) and all sorts of useful mods/scripts have gone dead/missing.

Anyone have a copy of this one lying around? upload it please.

and why aren't people hosting files on http://www.filefront.com/

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”