[Bonus Plugin] Dockware Manager

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

moggy2
x3ap

[Bonus Plugin] Dockware Manager

Post by moggy2 » Mon, 28. Aug 06, 23:45

Name: Dockware Manager
Version: 3.2.00
Date: 04.03.2006

Purpose:

This is a small extension for adding wares to a player owned trading station or equipment dock. Adding a ware will charge the station 1000 credits per use.

Use:

First off, you start the extension by using the new command in a custom command slot of the station to which you wish to add a ware. Next, select a factory or station that contains the desired ware, and after that the ware itself. For removing a ware you select the owned station instead, and the ware you wish to remove.

retro19

Post by retro19 » Tue, 24. Oct 06, 19:38

Is there a link to this one?

moggy2
x3ap

Post by moggy2 » Tue, 24. Oct 06, 19:54

Stevio
x3tc

Post by Stevio » Tue, 24. Oct 06, 19:55

Download the Bonus Plugin Pack check the Sticky :P

Schizosimian
x3

Post by Schizosimian » Fri, 24. Nov 06, 01:39

i dont have any extra command options to add or remove product post installing extra pack. Can automate station though, but thats not what i want to do!

Vanel
x4

Post by Vanel » Sun, 24. Dec 06, 17:10

How excatly does this work? When I creat a ware can UT's use it? I want to keep all UT's from trading at my HQ. How can I do that with this? Thanks 8)

moggy2
x3ap

Post by moggy2 » Sun, 24. Dec 06, 17:19

The command is for managing which wares are listed for trading at Trading Stations, Equipment Docks and the HQ.

you run the command and select a ware available at the station to remove it from the trade list, or a ware at another station to start the station trading in that ware.

Whether you UT's will trade there is entirely dependant on the prices you set. This script will have no effect on that.

arcana75
x3tc

Dockware Manager: Improved for PHQ?

Post by arcana75 » Mon, 25. Dec 06, 08:21

Should be in the bonus pack thread but thought I'd draw the attention of other Xers who usually don't wade thru tons of post...

The Bonus Pack 3.1.05 Dockware Manager says this:
This is a small extension for adding wares to a player owned trading station or equipment dock. Adding a ware will charge the station 1000 credits per use. This is also a small extension to create a predefined storage area for the HQ, to which every trader is restricted, regardless whether he's using the Commercial Agent, Commodity Logistics Software or other commands.
Previously I don't think the pack had this?

In either case, :thumb_up: especially for those who have PHQ woes.

Tha_reaper

Post by Tha_reaper » Mon, 25. Dec 06, 11:58

as soon as i get my HQ (need the gtrading station and a TL ;)) then i'll try this out. thanks for the tip.

moggy2
x3ap

Post by moggy2 » Mon, 25. Dec 06, 12:22

that's new to me.
Yes there is a new Limit Ware command, but as far as I can tell, it'll have no effect on ordinary traders, Station Manager Traders, Sector Traders, UT's, NPC's, or any other traders from unsigned scripts.

Deleted User

Post by Deleted User » Mon, 25. Dec 06, 14:08

The set stock level part of Dock Ware Manager seems to work partially:

For me it limits unloading from UTs and CLS1 (:))but not NPCs (:(),
don't know about STs or Ordinary traders.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Mon, 25. Dec 06, 18:21

Dave Toome wrote:For me it limits unloading from UTs
Strange. I would not expect that.

The DWM of BP 3.1.04 could not know about HQ, and thus the stock limits exist only in the version included in BP 3.1.05.

DWM has been updated by Lucike, just like CLS (1/2) and CAG. DWM adds a command in order to create and set variables for a station (HQ), and the latest version of CLS and CAG know to look at those variables. But how could UT (which has not been touched) know about those variables (which have existed never before)?

I think the wording of the description might be misleading. I would bet that the "or other commands" refers at most to unsigned commands written by Lucike, and not to anything vanilla/signed.

Deleted User

Post by Deleted User » Mon, 25. Dec 06, 20:39

You're right, re-checked, my mistake, UTs don't care about the DWM limit either.

Sort of begs the question what's the point, unless UT script
(and standard trader script, etc) are updated to take account of this?

Stu Austin
x4

Post by Stu Austin » Mon, 25. Dec 06, 20:44

I'm not understanding this set ware limit at the PHQ. For an example, I set the AHEPT to stock only 12 but I can offload more than that from my ship. I'm playing unmodified game with just the newest bonus pack.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Tue, 26. Dec 06, 00:28

Stu Austin wrote:I'm not understanding this set ware limit at the PHQ. For an example, I set the AHEPT to stock only 12 but I can offload more than that from my ship. I'm playing unmodified game with just the newest bonus pack.
When you set the limit, the command creates a variable like "limit.AHEPT" for object "HQ", and sets it to 12. If you manually transfer equipment, you do not look at that variable. Only the CLS and CAG scripts will look at it and obey it.

Stu Austin
x4

Post by Stu Austin » Tue, 26. Dec 06, 00:46

Ok. Thanks. I think I understand now. :)

tkalve
x3

Post by tkalve » Mon, 12. Feb 07, 16:42

I'm using Commercial Agents and Commodity Logistics software on my TS that have my HQ set as homebase. I'm using them to buy wares needed to manufactoure ships.

Problem is that I can't use the "Set ware storage space" to limit any wares to certain amounts. I set the limit but the Commercial Agents nor Commodity Logistics Pilot do not seem to obey the limit. They just keep buying and buying. The 'i' in the command console says that those are supposed to adhere to the limit but they do not.

What am I doing wrong and how can I fix this?

goaliejerry
x3

Post by goaliejerry » Sat, 21. Apr 07, 23:24

Per the above post, I am having the same problem. I want to set a limit on how much total space is allocated for a given ware at my HQ (to both build and repair ships.) I set the limits per the instructions, set my commodity logistics traders to deliver the necessary goods to the HQ, yet they just ignore the limits and fill up the entire station with the more widely available wares, with no regard to the "limit" I set.

WHAT IS THE POINT OF THIS MOD??????

goaliejerry
x3

Post by goaliejerry » Sun, 22. Apr 07, 21:09

Bump: Sorry to bump, but anyone have any idea about the functionality of this mod???

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Mon, 23. Apr 07, 09:53

For me, it does exactly what it says on the tin. I really need that "Remove ware" at times, and the limits I've set at HQ are obeyed perfectly.

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”