Thanks alot 1.4...

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Tue, 28. Mar 06, 05:08

I have retained use of the no-psg script, not because I need it, but because I just dont like psgs.

If the combat is too hard with them in, remove them.

If the combat isnt hard enough, then modify the script to put them as aften as possible. :)

If missiles are a problem now, post a request in the scripting forum for someone to make a "lower missile firing ration in AI ships" script.

I'm sure others would like to be able to change this too. If you ask nicely, a scripter might even allow you to specify the maximum percentage to be allowed.

thetack
x3tc

Post by thetack » Tue, 28. Mar 06, 14:02

what would be nice would be an ECM pod and a CECM pod adalable or that betty yells lock when a real missle (hornet silkworm disrupter etc) gets an ir or radar lock on you , the number of times iv corkscrewed to advoid a missle only to be told that a dumb missle has self destructed is getting slightly tryng.
dont forget to eject an e cell if the missle gets to close to your six think of it as single peace chaff.

jonny211

Post by jonny211 » Tue, 28. Mar 06, 14:24

I've noticed that tthe missiles now come after you in bunches in 1.4... my poor old Nova can't seem to get a shot at 'em.

Also is there a quick way to eject a 'sacrifice' bit of cargo? In the middle of a firefight pressing return, ship, freight, choose the freight... oh wait I'm dead because the interface is clunky and difficult to navigate :lol:

Jon

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Tue, 28. Mar 06, 15:52

jonny211 wrote:I've noticed that tthe missiles now come after you in bunches in 1.4... my poor old Nova can't seem to get a shot at 'em.
What gun do you ahve in the turrent ?

You need a quick fire gun that wont run down the energy reserves. So it always fires, and fires very fast.

spliffz
xr

Post by spliffz » Tue, 28. Mar 06, 16:29

jonny211 wrote: Also is there a quick way to eject a 'sacrifice' bit of cargo? In the middle of a firefight pressing return, ship, freight, choose the freight... oh wait I'm dead because the interface is clunky and difficult to navigate :lol:
Hi there,

You could just press F whilst flying. This brings up the freight
menu. You would then just need to navigate the wares section.

Its slightly quicker but still difficult whilst fighting.

hope it helps
spliffz

giskard
xr

Post by giskard » Tue, 28. Mar 06, 17:20

General Dave wrote:My Pythons are OOS, I attack targets in my Spacesuit...

(for X4 please include a combat knife with the spacesuit... press the spacebar to slash)

:) :) :)

edit <drunken spellingsh again>
Knifes! PAH!

I throw small chunks of asteriods at pirates in my spacesuit. :lol:

Giskard
This signature has been stolen by the well known Teladi Signature Thief X Siggy.

mrbadger
x3tc

Post by mrbadger » Tue, 28. Mar 06, 18:24

giskard wrote:
Knifes! PAH!

I throw small chunks of asteriods at pirates in my spacesuit. :lol:

Giskard
And do you bunnyhop while you do it :-)
If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. ... Niccolò Machiavelli

rizzo420
x3

Post by rizzo420 » Tue, 28. Mar 06, 18:56

I still never have a problem with missile spam. My Mamba R turret rarely misses...even with a whole hell of missiles...
Split Say AAAAAAAAA!!!

Cargo bay now contains: Elephant.

General Dave
x4

Post by General Dave » Tue, 28. Mar 06, 23:39

I've now got the solution to missile spamming by the AI....

Using my new complex I have a regular supply of Wasp missiles (roughly 1000 every 20 minutes) with three wasp facts working at full pelt....

(the complex can be seen halfway down this here page

I then place all 1000 odd wasps into a Superfreighter (Split one with 4*25 shields and 5*BPAC for preference)

Each missile splits into eight meaning you can take down even an M6 in a minute firing constant barrages of missiles.....

Looks really nice too... Like fireworks... :)
:)

SkyLeach
x3tc

Post by SkyLeach » Tue, 28. Mar 06, 23:48

xeon_1 wrote:and the problem is :?

combat whas way to easy in the orther version atleast now you have fight on you hand

and the force you discribe i can take out with a buster
bs

you aren't taking out 3 falcons with PSGs in a buster without wingmen. At least one of those falcons is going to cream your ship with that PSG while you are targeting the others.
-SL

General Dave
x4

Post by General Dave » Tue, 28. Mar 06, 23:54

In a buster you can move fast enough to do this...

Firstly, not all of the Falcons will have PSG's, so scan them from 5 KM flying parallel so you aren't engaged...

If they have all got PSG's and you aint double ard like xeon_1 simply don't engage...

If there is one or two PSG armed go in from behind the ships (strafeing) and fire a burst of BPAC fire to drain the shield, followed by a decent missile... you could take them out in one run if your any cop at all...
:)

Andaius

Post by Andaius » Tue, 28. Mar 06, 23:58

Giskard, your getting old...throwing rocks like a girl? The real men use grapleing hooks and rip the offending pilots out of there seats after punching a hole in there ship with there bare hands. :D

SkyLeach
x3tc

Post by SkyLeach » Wed, 29. Mar 06, 00:06

General Dave wrote:In a buster you can move fast enough to do this...

Firstly, not all of the Falcons will have PSG's, so scan them from 5 KM flying parallel so you aren't engaged...

If they have all got PSG's and you aint double ard like xeon_1 simply don't engage...

If there is one or two PSG armed go in from behind the ships (strafeing) and fire a burst of BPAC fire to drain the shield, followed by a decent missile... you could take them out in one run if your any cop at all...
Perhaps it's just because I'm playing BA but There is literally no way to get behind a PSG without flying through it on my setup. Enemy ships strafe too and that falcon will track you unless you are in very close. You can't get that close to 3 of them without at least 1, probably 2 dropping PSGs all around you. Buster shields just can't cut it then. It's instant death in a jag.

Even my Nova get's down below 1/3 shields when I'm facing more than one Falcon with PSGs. At that point I forget capping and toast one of them lightning fast. I'll worry over the other one at my leasure afterwards.
-SL

Andaius

Post by Andaius » Wed, 29. Mar 06, 00:12

All you have to do is angle up/down before the psgs get in range to do damage and use your speed to get past then asap. Do a U-turn and take there shields down hard, and launch a missile or give them a hard burst of HEPT fire. I have lots of experance with fighting Psg falcons and Novas, they seem to start shooting at there other weapons range(HEPT or PACs) and I zip right over them with strafe and manuvering and don't take ANY damage from Psgs.

You can kill/weaken them at extreme range with missiles pre-dogfight so you can take them that much easier you know.

Electric_Kola
x3tc

Post by Electric_Kola » Wed, 29. Mar 06, 00:15

I must be insane, but with PSGs I just fly straight into the middle of it (madness I know) however this lets me get a good shot at the ship and less PSG = less problems :D
"There must be a finite number of inhabited worlds. Any finite number divided by infinity is as near to nothing as makes no odds, so the average population of all the planets in the universe can be said to be zero, From this it follows that the population of the universe is also zero, and that any people you may meet from time to time are merely the product of a deranged imagination" - Douglas Adams

giskard
xr

Post by giskard » Wed, 29. Mar 06, 17:12

Andaius wrote:Giskard, your getting old...throwing rocks like a girl? The real men use grapleing hooks and rip the offending pilots out of there seats after punching a hole in there ship with there bare hands. :D
Space Suits! Pah!.

Real Pilots take a deep break and go after them in just their shorts :lol:

Giskard
This signature has been stolen by the well known Teladi Signature Thief X Siggy.

Andaius

Post by Andaius » Wed, 29. Mar 06, 18:10

Well isn't it a little bit nippy out in space?

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Thu, 30. Mar 06, 02:19

Andaius wrote:Well isn't it a little bit nippy out in space?
Real pilots dont feel the cold.

Andaius

Post by Andaius » Thu, 30. Mar 06, 04:12

Thats because your and Ice cube and dead! :D

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Thu, 30. Mar 06, 04:25

Andaius wrote:Thats because your and Ice cube and dead! :D
Some of us are hot blooded enough to survive.

But I'm going to need some new shorts before venturing out again.

And a new t-shirt. The current one says "Get recognition from a Boron, stick a hand blaster to his head". The t-shirt isnt in good condition any more. :)

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”