X3: Sector Planner v1.2 sp1 Released (19 March 2006)

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

RavenIII
x4

Post by RavenIII » Sun, 22. Jan 06, 17:27

This is a great tool, but I now have a problem... which arose right about the time of v1.3

There's too many changed stations in my universe, possibly every sector, would it be possible for you to do some sort of import details script? Similar to what Logaan (sp?) did with X2, and presumably X3. It finds your details and writes them to a simple .txt file, only difference is that it'd be doing it for AI stations instead? You then open up the Planner, and it loads all the station details... I doubt the placement of stations is important though, meh.

I dunno, just an idea... will save many people headaches :D

Note: Just read the rest of the thread, noticed other people saying the same thing.

LordSuch
x3

Post by LordSuch » Sun, 22. Jan 06, 22:41

RavenIII wrote:This is a great tool, but I now have a problem... which arose right about the time of v1.3

There's too many changed stations in my universe, possibly every sector, would it be possible for you to do some sort of import details script? Similar to what Logaan (sp?) did with X2, and presumably X3. It finds your details and writes them to a simple .txt file, only difference is that it'd be doing it for AI stations instead? You then open up the Planner, and it loads all the station details... I doubt the placement of stations is important though, meh.
RavenIII

Thanks for the feedback... I am well aware of this issue and I am working with some of the contributors to find a workable solution to this. I would hope to have something available within the next two weeks or so (depending upon how much time I can spend away from real life).

Keep an eye on the website as I will post any news there...

HTH

LS

X-it
x3

Post by X-it » Mon, 23. Jan 06, 00:57

Thanks for the feedback LordSuch, and thanks again for your continous work on this. The import feature is probably the single most important one in future Sector Planner releases, so good luck getting that to work.

Birdman
x3

Import for Sector Planner

Post by Birdman » Mon, 30. Jan 06, 16:41

XU Stats script is ready.

I have taken on the job of scripting for Logaan (he's very busy), and have a script ready for the X3 Stats.

I can get the information required for the Sector Planner (including the NPC fabs if desired) import, but I need the required information and line formats. I can retrieve almost any info about the fabs (love the new script engine) that would be needed for the Planner.

A separate logfile (log07881.txt) will be generated at the same time as the log07880.txt for XU Stats.

Lordsuch, please contact me via E-Mail or PM, links below.

Birdman

LordSuch
x3

Re: Import for Sector Planner

Post by LordSuch » Mon, 30. Jan 06, 23:05

Birdman wrote:XU Stats script is ready.

I have taken on the job of scripting for Logaan (he's very busy), and have a script ready for the X3 Stats.

I can get the information required for the Sector Planner (including the NPC fabs if desired) import, but I need the required information and line formats. I can retrieve almost any info about the fabs (love the new script engine) that would be needed for the Planner.

A separate logfile (log07881.txt) will be generated at the same time as the log07880.txt for XU Stats.

Lordsuch, please contact me via E-Mail or PM, links below.

Birdman
Birdman thanks for the offer of support, however DeltaWolf has already volunteered his help and I'm currently working on the import of the data his script outputs.

Thanks for the offer of help anyway.

Cheers

LS

RobyX
x3

Post by RobyX » Mon, 30. Jan 06, 23:10

Hi LordSuch,

Sorry if I wrote this again, I send this message from your Website, I don't know if it has been sent or no...

I would like ti give you an help in traslating this great tool in Italian, is it possible?
[ external image ]
Bisogno di una guida? Clicca sull'immagine

LordSuch
x3

Post by LordSuch » Mon, 30. Jan 06, 23:28

RobyX wrote:Hi LordSuch,

Sorry if I wrote this again, I send this message from your Website, I don't know if it has been sent or no...

I would like ti give you an help in traslating this great tool in Italian, is it possible?
RobyX,

I did get your message. It would be great if you could translate Sector Planner, however I need to do a quite a bit of development before it can be translated. Once I have the import of the universe state working I will start work on setting up the translation templates.

I will drop you an email once I have something that is ready to be translated.

Thanks!

LS

Bergkamp
x3tc

Post by Bergkamp » Thu, 9. Feb 06, 01:19

Did I read someone had made a partially working script for the purpose of universe import? If so does anybody know who, and where I could find it?

How goes your own version of the import script LordSuch? Hopefully well, I just can't keep up!

Anyhoo, cheers people, must go explore more.

LordSuch
x3

Post by LordSuch » Thu, 9. Feb 06, 14:43

Bergkamp wrote:Did I read someone had made a partially working script for the purpose of universe import? If so does anybody know who, and where I could find it?

How goes your own version of the import script LordSuch? Hopefully well, I just can't keep up!
Bergkamp,

One of the contributors to X3: SP has written a script which outputs the data X3: SP needs, although this is not on public release yet. Similarly I have completed the import for X3: SP and once it has had a bit more testing I will release it (as usual to the contributors first).

Depending upon real life timescales I expect to have a release for the contributors either before or over the course of the weekend. Public release should follow next week sometime.

Hope this helps

LS

UnderLord
x3tc

Post by UnderLord » Tue, 21. Feb 06, 04:51

is there a version where i dont have to download the latest .net framework?

TinkerBell - Do you browse the DarkBasic forums?

LordSuch
x3

Post by LordSuch » Fri, 17. Mar 06, 19:02

X3: Sector Planner v1.2 Released

An update to X3: Sector Planner has been released which adds the long awaited universe import functionality. The full details of how to enable the universe import are covered in the new help file.

The major changes are:
  • Script and import functionality now working
    Number of code changes and additions to support the import functionality
    Speeded up redrawing of the main sector map
    Fixed a bug that caused Sector Planner to hang on startup on Windows 98
    Added simple online help
    Checking the zero price box in the station calculator fixed
    Using the explore functionality doesn't reset the position of the scrollbars
    Started some background work for localization
    Improved plugin handling to avoid potential conflicts
    Improved speed of redrawing the background picture, particularly on window resize.
As usual you can download it from: As always, if you find any bugs, or have any feature suggestions, please let me know through the "Feature Request" form on the website.

Cheers

LS

LordSuch
x3

Post by LordSuch » Sun, 19. Mar 06, 12:19

X3: Sector Planner v1.2 sp1 Released

As usual within a day of release a bug or two has been found! This release fixes these bugs.

The bug fixes are:
  • * X3SP now correctly prompts for a file name when saving a new file for the first time.
    * Fixed an error with the import routine that did not set the race ownership correctly on player owned factories causing the error "Failed to enable constraints - one or more rows violating non-null, unique or foreign key constraints." when loading a saved file.
    * Corrected error with game import routines that erroneously flagged sectors with mines as containing shipyards / docks.
As usual you can download it from:As always, if you find any bugs, or have any feature suggestions, please let me know through the "Feature Request" form on the website.

Cheers

LS

Alrik999

Wierd error

Post by Alrik999 » Thu, 23. Mar 06, 04:09

Hi and thanks for a great tool. Only one problem for me is it doesn't work. I've downladed the tool a couple of times as well as different versions of .NET a couple of times and I still get, when I start sector planner:

Application has generated an exception that could not be handled.
Process id=0x18c (396), Thread id=0x3a8 (936)

Since I can't find any reference to this I assume the problem is on my PC rather than with the tool but please forgive my stupidity and help if you can.

Thanks

Alrik

tazlik2fly
x3

Post by tazlik2fly » Thu, 23. Mar 06, 04:39

i get an http 500 error when i try to access the site
Mal: "And Kaylee, what the hell's goin' on in the engine room? Were there monkeys? Some terrifying space monkeys maybe got loose?"

Jayne: "You saved his gorram life, he still takes the cargo. Hwoon dahn."
Mal: "He had to.... Couldn't let us profit. Wouldn't be civilized."

Flon

Post by Flon » Thu, 23. Mar 06, 12:45

Very nice work - love it :D

LordSuch
x3

Post by LordSuch » Sat, 8. Apr 06, 03:37

Sorry for not getting back to those that have had issues recently, but real life has been making big demands on my time...

Alrik - I have dropped you a PM, if you let me know the details I can probably get to the bottom of it.

Tazlik2fly - I assume you have since managed to access the site?

Flon - Thanks :)

Just to let you know, I am currently working on a number things for Sector Planner, however localisation is next on the list, so if you speak another language fluently and want to help translate Sector Planner, then let me know.

Cheers

LS

tazlik2fly
x3

Post by tazlik2fly » Mon, 10. Apr 06, 00:39

yea work was blocking the site from me worked when i got home
Mal: "And Kaylee, what the hell's goin' on in the engine room? Were there monkeys? Some terrifying space monkeys maybe got loose?"

Jayne: "You saved his gorram life, he still takes the cargo. Hwoon dahn."
Mal: "He had to.... Couldn't let us profit. Wouldn't be civilized."

Dirk-Jan
x4

Still doesn't work after installing .net several times

Post by Dirk-Jan » Tue, 6. Jun 06, 11:11

Dear all,

So the installation of this fine tool (x3 sp sp1) still asks for a .NET 2 install (again and again on my pc running winxpsp2).

Do I need to install additional stuff or does anyone have any hints/tips solving this?
Thanks for your time.
X4: Let's do this!
(ASUS Sabertooth X99S; i7 5930@3.5; 24GB RAM; RX 580; playing latest vanilla steam version with Split Vendetta on Win10/64, "the young gun''; mogul/captain)
{playing since X-BTF}

Rapier
x3tc

Post by Rapier » Tue, 6. Jun 06, 22:05

Just installing .net v2 isn't enough, most of what the SP uses is .net v1.1 files. Try installing .net v1 and the service pack (v1.1). You might need to uninstall v2 first.
Rapier - The Orifice of all Knowledge

Godwin's Law is not one of the Forum Rules.
Search just the forum with Google

Dirk-Jan
x4

Post by Dirk-Jan » Wed, 7. Jun 06, 13:47

Thanks a million, Rapier.
X4: Let's do this!
(ASUS Sabertooth X99S; i7 5930@3.5; 24GB RAM; RX 580; playing latest vanilla steam version with Split Vendetta on Win10/64, "the young gun''; mogul/captain)
{playing since X-BTF}

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”