[Script] AStar Pathfinder v1.3 (Mar 3)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Malakie
x4

Problem

Post by Malakie » Tue, 31. Jan 06, 10:40

Hi,

I have run into a problem with the script. I have a number of scripts installed. Anyhow, I had cleared everything to start a new game, reinstalled all my scripts including the Astar script and another called MTS Product Locator. Thought nothing of it until I loaded up and started a new game....

It has taken hours to figure out since it did not dawn on me it could be two scripts together but when they two are installed together, the njav commands are all weird. Installed separately the scripts run but when together, when you try to give say a simple dock command to a ship it suddenly shows up a menu asking what the base price of a product is that you would like to set!! :?

Anyhow, after loading and unloading and loading and unload X3 while trying to figure out what the hell was causing this, I finally found it.

Additionally, the Astar script has another problem. When you have it installed, any ship that uses it will not show its current active command in the main listing window for your owned ships and stations. (the command screen you get to hitting 'r'). If you look at ships you have given commands to, you will see they do not show what you just told them to do or where to go. They appear to do it but they do not update the status in the screen.

Now it is possible this is due to another conflict with another script again but I just spent hours finding the first one so I am not about to do it again right now for this issue. Sorry. Just so you know I am running just about every available script there is available with no problems. The only scripts I have found issues with and are not currently using are astar, MTS Product Locator and the Aegis 3.0 weapons system script.

Everything else is working great.

Malakie

AalaarDB
x3tc

Post by AalaarDB » Tue, 31. Jan 06, 11:28

Please link the MTC Product Locator thread. I cannot find it. I need to flame the author for overwriting a dock at command with a product locator command...
For now you will have to choose which one you want.

v1.2 shows the current command

Malakie
x4

Link to that script...

Post by Malakie » Tue, 31. Jan 06, 13:22

AalaarDB wrote:Please link the MTC Product Locator thread. I cannot find it. I need to flame the author for overwriting a dock at command with a product locator command...
For now you will have to choose which one you want.

v1.2 shows the current command

Here it is... took a bit to find it.

http://forum2.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=123408

It is under Product Finder although the scripts full name is MTS Product Finder.

Malakie

AalaarDB
x3tc

Post by AalaarDB » Wed, 1. Feb 06, 07:47

I have looked at the MTS Product Finder code. There is no possible way that either of these 2 scripts could conflict. No possible way. In fact I am running both right now with no problems.

It could be a corrupt download, in which case redownloading both and reinstalling might work. It might be a bug in the game itself. Are you OCing your cpu? Have you been messing with any of the files, or making any of your own scripts? To be bluntly honest if that were the case I'd assume it was user error, which I consider the most likely cause.

Send a save game to my name at yahoo.com

Raziaar
x3

Post by Raziaar » Sat, 4. Mar 06, 02:50

I am having the same problem described as well, where you issue an order to a ship, and while it does it... it doesn't show on its current orders thing that it is doing it.

I have isolated it to be this script... cause I disabled all other scripts, and every one works except this one.

So I dunno... I can't play like that, so i'm going to have to disable it until this problem is fixed, cause I need to be able to see what my ships are doing, for efficiency's sake.

AalaarDB
x3tc

Post by AalaarDB » Sat, 4. Mar 06, 03:38

Download the latest version.

Raziaar
x3

Post by Raziaar » Sat, 4. Mar 06, 03:44

i've only ever used the latest version. 1.2

hmm

AalaarDB
x3tc

Post by AalaarDB » Sat, 4. Mar 06, 04:19

Yes, I see what the problem is. I have numerous problems with my host, and one of them is occasionally my uploads don't update. What I just now downloaded is a 1.2 but has 1.1 files. I know there was a 1.2 that worked before, because I have been told that the 1.2 download worked. I will be uploading a 1.3 as soon as I recreate it. Very sorry.

Raziaar
x3

Post by Raziaar » Sat, 4. Mar 06, 04:35

Great! Because I very much like the prospect of this script, and don't want to have to remove it just because of problems like that! Can't wait until I can use it without those problems.

AalaarDB
x3tc

Post by AalaarDB » Sat, 4. Mar 06, 04:45

Let me know how well it works.

Raziaar
x3

Post by Raziaar » Sat, 4. Mar 06, 04:52

I haven't done any extensive testing of it... but...

I loaded the 1.3 script up, and it works! It now shows what order the ships are on! WOOT! THank you!

AalaarDB
x3tc

Post by AalaarDB » Sat, 4. Mar 06, 06:11

To the 6 or so people who have downloaded 1.3 prior to this post, inclusing Raziaar, please redownload 1.3.
I uploaded the wrong files, and this time it can't be blamed on anyone else :)

Raziaar
x3

Post by Raziaar » Sat, 4. Mar 06, 07:09

AalaarDB wrote:To the 6 or so people who have downloaded 1.3 prior to this post, inclusing Raziaar, please redownload 1.3.
I uploaded the wrong files, and this time it can't be blamed on anyone else :)
Umm... okay, I redownloaded the 1.3 again... and it has a similiar, but slightly different problem now. It says what the ship is doing, but now its in a different area. Where it normally says, 'dock at free argon trading station' or whatever, it now says, 'dock at', and then in the 'location' area, it says, 'space' up above, and below that in that box, it says 'free argon trading station'.

How weird is that?

AalaarDB
x3tc

Post by AalaarDB » Sat, 4. Mar 06, 07:33

Hmm I see. I hardly ever play the game and so that didn't catch my eye. Fixed now.
Last edited by AalaarDB on Sat, 4. Mar 06, 07:55, edited 1 time in total.

Armegeddon
x4

Post by Armegeddon » Sat, 4. Mar 06, 07:55

Try using

Code: Select all

[THIS] -> set command: COMMAND_DOCKAT  target=$station target2=null par1=null par2=null

For docking and

Code: Select all

[THIS] -> set command: COMMAND_MOVE_SECTOR  target=$sector target2=null par1=null par2=null
For moving to a sector.

'set destination' only seem to show up if you have the property page set to display extended information, or scroll down in the top of the ship info screen.
There is a thin line between genius & insanity i have erased this line

Armegeddon's X3 scripts and mods

alphalvr
x3ap

Post by alphalvr » Sun, 5. Mar 06, 03:01

will there be a version that also stops free traders taking stupid routes??

ie through xenon sectors??

if theres 1 thing that kills the feeling of an alive universe (ie they all wanna die) it is 20 free traders in a long line heading for xenon territory.

literally 100`s must die a minute

is this hard coded or could it be added to this great script :D

Raziaar
x3

Post by Raziaar » Sun, 5. Mar 06, 03:04

Yeah, that would be pretty cool, to have them avoid Xenon sectors like that... the AI ships, not the player ships...

Poor AI, we're so nice thinking about their well being.

AalaarDB
x3tc

Post by AalaarDB » Sun, 5. Mar 06, 04:49

Yes, you can. Read the FAQ.
The reason this isn't done by default is performance concerns.

Lethal Mitch
xr

Post by Lethal Mitch » Wed, 19. Apr 06, 19:29

Please forgive my ignorance if this is already explained previously. The more I read, the more I'm not sure.

My problem is I keep losing UT's in Moo Kyes Revenge, a pirate sector.

My questions are;

1. If I install this in its default state, will they stop going there?

2. Currently I have the pirate sectors patroled by a mixture of single sector patrols ands multi sector patrols. The pirate sectors in the middle of the map i.e Balas, Olmanckstrats, Brennens etc. Would I have to reassign these elsewhere by installing your script?

Armegeddon
x4

Post by Armegeddon » Sat, 22. Apr 06, 08:46

Small pathfinding problem.
Ship in Sacred Relic, tell to fly to Wastelands. Ship dies in Moo Kye's Revenge.
Is your script not noticing the gate between Sacred Relic and Interworlds or is the game not giving correct information?
There is a thin line between genius & insanity i have erased this line

Armegeddon's X3 scripts and mods

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”