Silicon mine quick question

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Geggo
x3tc

Post by Geggo » Fri, 9. Dec 05, 20:43

well if all fabs and stations are full theres one more hole to put their stocks although you only get the average price but the holes infinite!

Did you get it? If not read the answer below.
Spoiler
Show
Fill a ship with high end goodies and sell it to shipyard

blackfire83
x4

Post by blackfire83 » Fri, 9. Dec 05, 21:10

If you've got a mine that can no longer sell it's silicon, build your own high-tech fab somewhere nearby (such as a Quantum Tube Fab or a Chip Plant). Then the high-tech fab's freighters can "buy" your silicon, essentially getting you one-third of the resources of the fab for free.

Basically, anywhere you find that a product is NOT selling means that you should be putting a fab to use that product. :D

-blackfire83
Count the bodies like sheep to the rhythm of the war drums...

X3:TC - Battlemaster, Master Industrialist

pa2005

Post by pa2005 » Fri, 9. Dec 05, 21:15

i tried this already. but its quite difficult and time consuming to clear all the high end fabs so they produce again and all the fabs in the line down to my Sil mine. Even more time consuming is to sell the stuff back to Trading and Equipment docks cause of the few numbers they can hold of HT Equipment.

Sector traders do not help here cause no Equip Docks in each sector and UTs seem to jump everywhere in the universe, preferably dangerous sectors, but never in the vicinity of a good big profit High Tech Trading Possibility.

An UT for Player Defined Sectors would be nice.

pa2005

Post by pa2005 » Fri, 9. Dec 05, 21:16

good point black, ill try this

pa2005

Post by pa2005 » Fri, 9. Dec 05, 21:24

oops Gecko, now i got it :idea:
kinda slow today :roll:

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Fri, 9. Dec 05, 22:13

pa2005 wrote:to read all this numbers is quite interesting, but unfortunatetly my Sil mine does near to nill credits, cause all my customers are on full stock and their customers too. so my mine is worth as much as a wheat farm on the top of a 0.2 rock in nerver never land.
Asteroids are the only limited resource in the game. Be happy to have them. Peoplo do build massive selfsufficient complexes. It all starts with a mine. A Silicon mine. Wafers run the crystal fab. Crystals make SPP tick. Energy is required by everything in the complex.

No silicon and ore => no energy and high-end products
No energy => no low-end products

i.e. no silicon => no anything

Now if every product and resource stock everywhere is full, then the problem is not transportation. It is too slow consumption in EQ and trade docks. Build your own complexes. They are consumers.

However, if there is empty resource stock somewhere (including Docks), then it is about transportation, and your freighter can help.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Fri, 9. Dec 05, 22:41

I asked for exact production values, but got impatient and actually started X3 once more.

I had not noticed that I already had almost 2M credits, enough for Silicon L and Ore M from AP. I did pick 6 different yields of Silicon and 8 different yields of Ore with Build/Reload.

Code: Select all

Silicon mine L:
Yield/Time/Products
5	6:41	5
6	5:43	5
13	2:52	5
21	1:50	5
26	1:29	5
31	1:16	5	*
64	1:14	10

Ore mine M:
Yield/Time/Products
5	1:41	2
8	1:07	2
13	1:26	4
18	1:04	4
21	1:24	6
23	1:18	6
25	1:12	6
51	1:00	10
* Observations by others

Conclusion:
The production rate of mines is calculated from the yield of the asteroid exactly as in X2.

And how was it in X2 / is in X3?

There is a BASETIME, which is 2400 seconds (40 minutes) for Silicon and 600 seconds (10 minutes) for Ore. Fab_size is 2 for M, and 5 for L.

Basic_cycletime = rounddown( BASETIME / (Yield + 1) ) + 1 seconds
Multiplier = rounddown( 60 / Basic_cycletime ) + 1
Cycletime = Multiplier * Basic_cycletime
Products per cycle = Multiplier * Fab_size
The Multiplier calculation is a bit tricky. For example, the Basic_cycletime of yield 51 is 12. 60/12 is exactly 5, but the correct multiplier is 5 not 6 as my equation would do. However, that should not be a common problem. The purpose of the Multiplier is to prevent a cycle time shorter than 60 seconds.

Note too that the division for Basic_cycletime has (Yield + 1) and not just Yield. Put a mine on a roid of wrong type, and you get yield of 0. Division with 0 would be problematic. However, this has a side-effect: when you have several asteroids, their total production is slightly more than just the sum of their yields. For example, yields 12 and 14 produce almost as much as one yield 27. Four yield 8 mines produce almost as much as one yield 35 mine. Almost. :wink:
Last edited by jlehtone on Sun, 11. Dec 05, 22:36, edited 1 time in total.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

Roger 1
x3

Post by Roger 1 » Fri, 9. Dec 05, 22:46

Ha Ha Tidyguy
PS: Not one person on this thread so far can spell or type worth sh*t!
Glad you include yourself anyway :P
I'm pink therefore I'm Spam

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”