[Script] HQ build ships - auto upgrade v1.4 [Updated 22/02/2007]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Lazerous
x3

Post by Lazerous » Mon, 15. Jan 07, 21:02

Oh cool :)
Hey, if you could make ships get upgrades that my HQ doesn't sell, how come you don't do the same for shields?

arcana75
x3tc

Post by arcana75 » Tue, 16. Jan 07, 03:28

Lazerous wrote:Oh cool :)
Hey, if you could make ships get upgrades that my HQ doesn't sell, how come you don't do the same for shields?
In theory, shields are a limited ware, while command extensions aren't. Auto-supplying shields you don't have is in a way a cheat or exploit.

However, it's a single-player game, so if you feel like having shields, just add it in :). Or you could change the script to behave exactly like the game's S, M and L, stocking it with full shields AND weapons. It's a simple tweak.

DeltaWolf
x4

Post by DeltaWolf » Tue, 16. Jan 07, 07:30

What arcana75 said :D

I've written the script in such a way to make it easy to add new upgrades. I'm not going to add more stuff, but nothing stops you from doing it in your game.

Lazerous
x3

Post by Lazerous » Wed, 17. Jan 07, 01:43

Ah ic, thx for the replies.

Hey on a related note, how 'possible' would it be to make a script that limits the amount of wares NPC pilots can sell to the HQ?

siath70
x4

Post by siath70 » Thu, 15. Feb 07, 01:43

Found a small problem with the Lib file, lib.add.software

You do this:

Code: Select all

$up = $ship->get true amount of ware $ware in cargo bay
This is wrong as some Transports have Trade Software by default (super Traders). Since the ware isn't actually in the cargo bay of the ship it will always return as needed. Thus a money sink...

Change it to:

$up = $ship->get amount of ware $ware in cargo bay
This will look at the extensions that are even part of the vessel. ;)

Also you should add this to the same file right under the get amount argument.

CanTransp = $ship->can transport ware $ware

Then change
if $up < 1 ...
To
if $up < 1 AND $CanTransp ...
What that does say if a ship can or can't use the upgrade. The Arrow is a perfect example. It can't use Triplex scanner because it only uses S class wares and Triplex is M class. This is another money sink.

I have fixed it in my version and I love this software. If I could get premission from you to add it to my Station Administrator package I'd be grateful.

Btw I'm just trying to help you out hope I didn't stpe on toes.

Thanks,
Siath

DeltaWolf
x4

Post by DeltaWolf » Thu, 15. Feb 07, 08:27

Thanks for the heads-up, will make the changes.

As for adding this script to yours, feel free to do so.

DeltaWolf
x4

Post by DeltaWolf » Thu, 22. Feb 07, 07:27

new version available - fixed some minor problems

Kitch
x3tc

Post by Kitch » Tue, 27. Feb 07, 13:24

Hello.

Liking very much the sound of this.

I've tried looking at it in ModManager, but I know hardly anything about scripts and stuff. I'm assuming I need to laod it into the script editor in game to do what I want.

I want to make a no shields version as I often build ships and put wierd shield configs on them.

I assume its just a case of removing the shield bit as shown in the code window on page 1, but I can't find where to do it.

Alternatively, might you host a shield version and a no shield version for those who like me, want to fit shields manually without removing all the stock from the HQ.

DeltaWolf
x4

Post by DeltaWolf » Tue, 27. Feb 07, 15:53

I'm not playing X3 at the moment, so I don't know when I will be able to make changes - if ever.

the best solution would be for you to edit the script:

1) edit the following file (must be done in game): "plugin.upgrade.ship"
2) delete or comment out lines 74 to 84

Kitch
x3tc

Post by Kitch » Wed, 28. Feb 07, 01:45

thanks for the reply, and the rocking script in the first place :)

gomle

Post by gomle » Wed, 28. Feb 07, 03:55

Hi and thanks for making a nice script.

I have a little suggestion.

Your script has much in common with Shovinus Equipment Installer found here: http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=172154

Shovinus'es script is a bit more realistic in that you have to buy licenses for the software you whish to install in your station, but it lacks your eminent autoupgrade ship functionality.

Would it be a good suggestion to ask you and Shovinus to talk together and maybe merge your scripts to create a script with the best from both of them? :wink:

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Wed, 28. Feb 07, 12:21

Merging them may be fine but without more micromanagement like acquiring licenses and storing 20 more types of ware someplace.
Adding more hoops for the player to jump through would defeat the purpose of the script which is saving you some equipment hassles.
My complete script download page. . . . . . I AM THE LAW!
There is no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

gomle

Post by gomle » Wed, 28. Feb 07, 16:12

The part about acquiring licenses is done very nice in Shovinus script, as the player stations are already equiped with the license installers, so you don't have to travel anywhere to buy licenses, you just install those you want when you are at your station (or have station control panel open), and pay for them directly in your own station, money are then mysteriously transfered from your station to the license owners and the installer is enabled...if you have enough money :-)

Shovinus
x3

Post by Shovinus » Thu, 1. Mar 07, 20:51

Lol I only found this by accident, there is no travelling to be done, infact Wolf all you need to do is select which installer you want, as the installers are all already on the docks. The reason being that races make the stations with the installers and enough ware stored to last a very very long time, no matter how many upgrades you use, all you need to buy is licenses which will activate, first the installer and then the individual wares (via autorestocker) for more information just go to:

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=172154

All you need to do wolf is bring out a simple version with if functions before each automatically installed ware to check if the installer is installed, if you want I can do it in ten minutes and send it to you.

This would then make your script alot more realistic without ruining the increased mobility it gives.
But of course if you don't want to mergo them you dont have to.

DeltaWolf
x4

Post by DeltaWolf » Fri, 2. Mar 07, 08:44

@Shovinus

If you like to make the changes feel free to do so. Unfortunatly I don't have the time to do so at this stage.

Shovinus
x3

Post by Shovinus » Fri, 2. Mar 07, 10:52

Ok Wolf I will get on it

siath70
x4

Post by siath70 » Fri, 2. Mar 07, 15:32

There's a reason for difference scripts. Because not everyone will like what certain scripts. I use this script for a reason, because it automates my PHQ and works nicely with Station Administrator. I don't know about jacking with this script to make it just like the other script... What's the point in that?
If anything this script should be made to be able to run on one ship that landed and eq should have an additional price tag of 10% added to it for the cost of being able to upgrade at your station.

Thats just my opinion.

Siath

Shovinus
x3

Post by Shovinus » Fri, 2. Mar 07, 15:36

Dont worry Wolf's script is still seperate from mine etc etc. all thats happened is they have bred and now there is a third script, so if you dont want mine just take the other :)
Its just more options for people that want certain things.
To be honest it improves mine more than it improves his.
Someone asked for this so I gave it them thats all. When I play a game I prefer to make it harder but more insteresting rather than easier and more interesting, after all this game is so easy to play. I just try and add without making it much easier, I would never use wolf's script solely, not because i don't think it is good, just because it makes things too easy.
Last edited by Shovinus on Fri, 2. Mar 07, 15:47, edited 1 time in total.

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Fri, 2. Mar 07, 15:44

Betty sez its time for her little boy to go to bed!

Isn't it nice how computers care for us?
My complete script download page. . . . . . I AM THE LAW!
There is no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

Shovinus
x3

Post by Shovinus » Fri, 2. Mar 07, 15:49

WTF? :lol:

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”