[SCRIPT] Local Trader Mk3 update

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

pepperg
x3tc

Post by pepperg » Sun, 27. Apr 08, 01:37

could someone plesae post a link to the most current version

it's not available here:
http://www.xai-corp.net/project/LocalTrader
SeagateBarracuda320GB 7200 SATA
LIANLI PC-7B plus II MidTower
EVGA GeForce8800GTX 768MB
Intel Core2Duo E6600Conroe 2.4GHz
CORSAIR 2GB DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800
WDRaptor 150GB 10,000 RPM
EVGAnforce SLI 680imobo

moggy2
x3ap

Post by moggy2 » Sun, 27. Apr 08, 17:01

pepperg wrote:could someone plesae post a link to the most current version

it's not available here:
http://www.xai-corp.net/project/LocalTrader
fixed

TimeWalkersSight

Post by TimeWalkersSight » Wed, 11. Feb 09, 11:27

Has anyone ever tried the german version? I am wondering why it cant find the text and only says read text 2010 429 and readtext 2011 429.
In the 49742.xml file is written language id="44". maybe it should read language id="49", because that is our country code, not 44.

Oh and btw: the correct spelling of the scripts should be plugin.localtrade.galaxy and setup.plugin.localtrade instead of setup.autotrade.local. Because if it is called plugin.autotrade.xxx then it is thought of as a script file of the unitrade and if it is called setup.autotrade.local then it is thought of as setting up the script autotrade.local.xxxx, but it sets up plugin.autotrade.xxxx or plugin.localtrade.xxxx

madskier8806

Post by madskier8806 » Tue, 3. Mar 09, 03:09

Doesn't mention in install directions but {EMP} appears to be required

Pogi
x2

Post by Pogi » Sat, 28. Mar 09, 20:23

@moggy2..Not that I'm complaining, I love this script and use it always (helps keep them out of my HQ and trouble)...but...My guys start doing their thing at lvl 3.. :) ..Intended? Or not?
X3..The most fun a man can have...With his clothes on.

thunderai
x3tc

Post by thunderai » Thu, 23. Apr 09, 05:34

I copied the files into the X3 folder, which put the files in the script and t folder.

The option for a sector trader shows up in the trade commands, and I can select a home sector and a range to jump.

Everything seems to be running fine when all of a sudden they just do whatever they want anyway. Probably reverting into full UTs. Plus they are not buying their drones anymore.

I set up three sector traders, A). 1 in Cloudbase Northwest (range 2), B). 1 in Family Pride (range 2), and C). 1 in Senators Badlands (range 3.

Sounds good, keeps them out of pirate alley; however, A will go to Cloudbase Southwest and Ore Belt, B will go to Aladna Hill, and C will go to Rhokar's Fire (way out of the way).

Anyone have any ideas..

oh

X3:R
As soon as I issue the order, I get a message saying they are done, that may mean something, no idea what

sabrehawk
xr

Vanilla 2.5 Script problems

Post by sabrehawk » Sat, 2. May 09, 21:10

Hello i have returned to X3 after a long time of abstinence....

Still i find the user interface close to unbearable when it comes to managing ships loadouts and contents when u have to transfer stuff from ship to ship.

So i wanted to use the Universal Ware Transfer and other scripts like LOCAL trader to ease up my life.

I have yet to find out how to actually get these to work.

I use the QTx Plugin Manager latest version.

I have a normal campaign running (storyline enabled)

None of the new commands become avail to me ingame so far.

What do i need to get them to work.

I have enabled the shallbewings thingie and i have run the reset command on the mission director.

Still my level 18 universe trader has no LOCAL TRADER feature showing up and i cannot configure it to keep in certain jump ranges.

The Univeral Wares GUI doesnt show up either...i had those messages
once i reloaded the game but noting shows up ingame which looks like
a gui and i see no commands for it either.

Is it me or a general 2.5 incompat. that causes it?
I dont have EMP installed since it says on the forum it will cause X3 2.5 to crash later and theres no fix yet.

Is there a list of 2.5 scripts that are tested and working besides the
BONUS PACK which i have installed already?

{Forum Rule No 12. Merge to "Local Trader" thread. jlehtone}

This is a GENERAL Problem with scripts and LOCAL TRADER is just one of them, im sorry this topic move is uncacceptable.

Spectral-Fremen
x4

Local Trader, Cant get it to work?

Post by Spectral-Fremen » Thu, 2. Jul 09, 03:42

Hey Guys,
I've had a good look around and I Cant find a solution to this yet. I have a fresh install of X3:R from steam. As far as i can tell its fully patched. I have also downloaded and installed the bonus pack from Egosoft.
I am trying to get the "local trader" script to work. I unzip it into the appropriate folder but it just doesn't seem to work.
Can anyone shed any light on this for me?
- Spectral

{Forum rule No 12: merge. jlehtone}

MBD
x3tc

Post by MBD » Fri, 3. Jul 09, 21:00

The TS's you are using have to spend some some time being Sector Traders before you can use the Local Trader command on them. Traders have to be at level 8, (the same as Universal Traders), before they can become Local Traders.
"We always were English and we always will be English and it's because we are English that we're sticking up for our rights to be Burgundians." - Passport to Pimlico 1949

Virtualaughing
x4

Post by Virtualaughing » Fri, 26. Feb 10, 20:11

<3 Xai corp :)

jamesp81

Does Local Trader work in X3R?

Post by jamesp81 » Sun, 29. May 11, 09:35

This is the script in question: http://www.xai-corp.net/en/node/1093

It's listed as an X3R script. Supposedly, you should be able to pick out a sector trader and, once he's high enough level, he can become a local trader, which is like a universe trader except you limit the distance he will travel.

After installing the script, I don't have any option to start a local trader even though the ship in question meets all requirements (I think). Does this script even work in X3R? I know it's listed as an X3R script, but maybe that's a typo?

I have to find a way to get this to work. Having 1.25 million credits of ship, software, and cargo committ idiot-level suicide against a xenon fleet the size of God's fist is NOT profitable.

{Merged. jlehtone}

jamesp81

Post by jamesp81 » Sun, 29. May 11, 15:31

madskier8806 wrote:Doesn't mention in install directions but {EMP} appears to be required
Can anyone confirm this?

I followed the installation instructions to the letter, and I don't even have a command to start a local trader, even on my UT's that qualify to be an LT.

Brinnie
x3tc

Post by Brinnie » Tue, 31. May 11, 12:20

HI, I can tell you that Local Trader works in X3 the Reunion I do not know whether it needs EMP or not, I do have EMP installed myself so maybe it does.

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”