[SCRIPT] Local Trader Mk3 update

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

jpkidwell75

Post by jpkidwell75 » Mon, 22. Jan 07, 16:01

Ah okay, so basically they work as limited range Universe traders, gotcha. Thanks

Anubis_xian
x3

Post by Anubis_xian » Mon, 16. Apr 07, 13:37

What do you all think are the best locations to run this Local UT? I've placed two of these in Shining Currents & Friar's Retreat, and specified a range of one sector, keeping them isolated...

Any thoughts?

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Mon, 16. Apr 07, 14:00

Having all kinds of NPC factories in the area is good. SPP, Foods, Mines, Forges, ED's. Friar's Retreat has that all, particularly if you have jumprange of two. Some Pirate issues though.

Look at Argon Prime with three jumps. Might be a bit large market for one ship.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

Anubis_xian
x3

Post by Anubis_xian » Mon, 16. Apr 07, 14:50

Most of my factories are in the Argon Prime (and neighboring) sectors, anyway.

Will my UT's trade with my own factories? I know the CAG's have settings to prevent them from trading with player-owned stations. I didn't think UTs had the same parameters.

I think this script is extremely useful, since I don't have to worry about my UTs wandering off all over the place.

Puruco
x3

Post by Puruco » Thu, 9. Aug 07, 17:37

Hi Moggy: I set it for 2 jump range the first time as sector trader. Later if I want to set to other jump range, like 4, can I do that?

moggy2
x3ap

Post by moggy2 » Thu, 9. Aug 07, 19:36

sure, you can restart it with whatever range you want.

Puruco
x3

Post by Puruco » Thu, 9. Aug 07, 20:03

moggy2 wrote:sure, you can restart it with whatever range you want.
Thanks moggy...

mcsquared
x3tc

Local Sector Trader

Post by mcsquared » Sat, 10. Nov 07, 21:53

For anyone who hasn't found out, this is a great script! I was using the Sat. Universal Trader script and it got to the point I was being nagged CONTINUALLY by my traders not finding jump fuel in range or in a safe sector. With this command, I don't have to enable about 90 satellites and my traders don't continually bother me. I strongly suggest folks try this script, it is compatible with the XTM mod.

repatomonor21

Post by repatomonor21 » Sat, 10. Nov 07, 23:06

I see its moved. Why, is this a new version of it?
"YOU NEVER SAY IT'S QUIET IN SPACE!"

Nova Scotia
x3tc

Post by Nova Scotia » Wed, 14. Nov 07, 15:55

Works great
Thanks a bunch

moggy2
x3ap

Post by moggy2 » Wed, 14. Nov 07, 17:25

repatomonor21 wrote:I see its moved. Why, is this a new version of it?
no, someone just recomended it.

Madfizzicks

Post by Madfizzicks » Sun, 6. Jan 08, 17:44

This looks like exactly what I need, but when I go to the linked xai-corp page, the "Download current version" option is greyed out. I tried downloading one of the previous versions, but when I go to install it with the mod manager it warns me that it was written for X2. Should I just ignore that?

Alex Vanderbilt
Winner X3 Sektorquest
x3tc

Post by Alex Vanderbilt » Sun, 6. Jan 08, 19:38

Did you try to install the spk- with Cycrows PluginManager or really with the ModManager??? If with PM you might have an old version, try using V2.12. I had no problems with installing the spk and get no Error-Message.

And why XaiCorp mad the newest version unavailable I do not know but 3.12 works without any problems for me.

AV

Madfizzicks

Post by Madfizzicks » Mon, 7. Jan 08, 05:32

My manager is Cycrows 2.12.

But if local trader 3.12 is working for you just fine, I'll install it and ignore the warning. Thanks for the hand.

NOO3TASTIC
x3ap

Post by NOO3TASTIC » Fri, 8. Feb 08, 09:35

Hi. I would like to point out a possible conflict between Local Trader MK3 Update and Economics & Supply Trader.

The problem is that both these scripts use [Ship Commands]>[Trade Menu]>[8th Slot]. (Target Ship+C+3+8). Is there any way to assign Local Trader another command slot so that I can use both EST and Local Traders. It would be an awesome combination. 8)

bob hope
x3

Post by bob hope » Fri, 7. Mar 08, 19:54

where can i get hold of the latest version of this as i keep getting a report of "this is a X2 script" when i try to install via the installer.
About the name - i was lost for a name on the forum and looking round, then a Bob Hope film came on, and i thought "that will do nicely"

i was born and raised argumentative i dont mean to offend ...... sorry

MBD
x3tc

Post by MBD » Sat, 8. Mar 08, 01:34

X3.1.2 is the latest version and even thought it says its an X2 script it works just fine on X3. I am using this version (X3.1.2) on my current XTM game and it is now slowing increasing my rep with both the Yaki and Terran factions.

Later, MBD.

Magius
x3tc

Post by Magius » Sat, 8. Mar 08, 02:10

maz9009 wrote:Hi. I would like to point out a possible conflict between Local Trader MK3 Update and Economics & Supply Trader.

The problem is that both these scripts use [Ship Commands]>[Trade Menu]>[8th Slot]. (Target Ship+C+3+8). Is there any way to assign Local Trader another command slot so that I can use both EST and Local Traders. It would be an awesome combination. 8)
Just extract the spk, change the command in the different scripts to something like 428 (from 429) repack the spk or just copy the files that you have change into the script and t folder after you have install the spk.

bob hope
x3

Post by bob hope » Tue, 25. Mar 08, 13:22

since this script started throwing the X2 script error i have noticed that the local traders dont always stay local anymore, the best explanation is ....

i have a local trader set to 3 worlds, it is set for 4 jumps, occasionally it appears way over in the Oceans of Fantasy sector, i do have to say that this is also the first time i have assigned the ships to a station too
About the name - i was lost for a name on the forum and looking round, then a Bob Hope film came on, and i thought "that will do nicely"

i was born and raised argumentative i dont mean to offend ...... sorry

Alex Vanderbilt
Winner X3 Sektorquest
x3tc

Post by Alex Vanderbilt » Tue, 25. Mar 08, 16:35

@bob hope

I had same experiences. A LT, at medium level and without JumpDrive flew from its start sector Tkr's Deprivation and 3 Jumps setting to Family Whi. But hitherto this was only time where I seen him out of its set range. My second LT with its start sector Preacher Void works fine so far, no travels beyond the set range...

No idea what causes this behavior :S

AV

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”