[Bonus Plugin] Commodity Logistics Software MK1

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Scarecrow
x4

Post by Scarecrow » Thu, 7. Dec 06, 15:15

I am trying the CLS1 for the first time here.

I have a Dream Farm/Bliss place set up in Elena's Fortune and am trying to supply e-cells from an SPP M in the same sector.

After I set the commands, the stupid pilot keeps heading for Split Fire.

There is absolutely nothing in Split Fire now except for that line of NavSats.

This has happened a half dozen times.

Any ideas?

pmachin
x3tc

Post by pmachin » Thu, 7. Dec 06, 17:29

I don't use CLS 1 to supply my HQ. After having problems in the past getting them to work properly for my Trading Stations and Equipment Docks I use CLS 2 instead. It takes more time to setup but you have more control over the quantities of resources coming into the HQ. Because you can't set a max limit on a commodity at the HQ CLS 1 would probably max out one resource (probably energy cells). I've got 4 Frieghters doing this. The 1st collects ship building resources, 2nd Missiles, 3rd & 4th Weapons & Shields.

Scarecrow, the supplying freighter should be homed to the SPP M. Select the product (EC), the price and then station to supply to (Dream Farm/Bliss Place. Then activate "Start internal logisitcs..."

Scarecrow
x4

Post by Scarecrow » Thu, 7. Dec 06, 18:14

Done that 6 times ...... he keeps heading for Split Fire.

....he's grounded atm. :)

pmachin
x3tc

Post by pmachin » Thu, 7. Dec 06, 18:54

What rank is he? I noticed in the latest version that CLS 1&2 Pilots now buy mosquito missiles for missile defence as well as the fighter drones. I didn't realise this at first and was getting annoyed that my freighters were going off in random directions to buy them.

Scarecrow
x4

Post by Scarecrow » Fri, 8. Dec 06, 04:54

bingo ...... thanks pmachin. Right on the nose.

I got Freight Pilot Jako Nedley all ordered up again and just let him do his thing.

He jumped to Priest's Pity (not Split Fire) and immediately headed for the Communications Facility to pick up some fighter drones.

Guess that oughta teach this old man not to stay up so late. :roll:

cynep_naxah

Post by cynep_naxah » Sat, 16. Dec 06, 19:52

How do I supply energy cells from a complex? They are not listed in products :(

frymaster
x4

Post by frymaster » Wed, 17. Jan 07, 13:32

I'm having the slight problem that my energy superfrieghter ferry doesn't reserve any energy cells for the jump back home. Given that some of its client stations are up to ten jumps away, this limits its usefulness. Anyone else have similar experiences and/or a workaround or fix?
Math problems? Call 0800-[(10x)(13i)^2]-[sin(xy)/2.362x]

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Wed, 17. Jan 07, 14:06

@cynep_naxah CLS1 sees all intermediates as :oops: [EDIT] products. Products, not resources.[/EDIT] . Lucike has unsigned development version of CLS1 that gets around that. Breaking the SPP off the complex would solve the problem for signed CLS1, but I bet you don't want to do that. Neither do I. CLS2 can haul intermediates between complexes. But getting the amounts right with CLS2 is a pain.

I have a small Silicon mine that is supposed to fill the the shortage of two complexes. I have CLS2 ship hauling the wafers, but so far I've not found the right amounts.

@frymaster. Do you mean that it unloads everything? Not keeping a small amount? Do you have Boost extension? That should raise the fuel reserve amount. More importantly, do you have Freight Scanner? If you do, how many supplier stations do you have? If you have only one, eject the Freight Scanner.

I would not haul ECells. I would rather haul Crystals and place a SPP into the destination. But, as you can notice from above, one cannot complex Crystal Fab together withs it own power plant, if one desires to haul Crystals out with CLS1.
Last edited by jlehtone on Fri, 19. Jan 07, 07:43, edited 1 time in total.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

frymaster
x4

Post by frymaster » Wed, 17. Jan 07, 16:53

I do have a boost extension installed but it is unloading every last cell to the station and leaving no jump reserve whatsoever :( (and it's a Dolphin superfrieghter so the standard jump reserve should be fine anyway)

not sure about cargo scanner - there IS only one supplier complex - but I'll check when I get home.

EDIT: Ship did have a cargo scanner but ditching it made no difference

and yeah, I know _now_ that my setup is non-optimal but... I didn't know then :S Though ironically enough considering the previous guy's complaints I have no trouble supplying energy cells from this complex even although energy is an intermediate resource

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Fri, 19. Jan 07, 07:52

frymaster wrote:Though ironically enough considering the previous guy's complaints I have no trouble supplying energy cells from this complex even although energy is an intermediate resource
Thanks. I was making a fool out of myself. Pure MoM material. :oops:

CLS Mk1 determines automatically, if ware is a product or resource. Product is a product. Resource is a resource. Intermediate is produced in a complex and is thus a product. Therefore, CLS Mk1 can haul intermediates from a complex. But it cannot haul ware into complex, where that ware is an intermediate. The problem is in the receiving end. But this situation occurs only when you have an almost self-sufficient complex and want to haul in some additional intermediates.

Reading again cynep_naxah's question it now seems that with "listed" he means the list of products in the details of a complex and not the list output by CLS Mk1 into player log, when you try to add homebase as "additional" station.

Mobuj
x3tc

Post by Mobuj » Fri, 9. Feb 07, 15:21

woops, wrong topic :oops:
---------------------------
I am Popeye of Borg
You will be askimilated!

frymaster
x4

Post by frymaster » Sun, 11. Feb 07, 16:50

don't like bumping but has anyone else experienced my issue? (where supplying energy results in a ship not reserving any energy for the jump back home)

Big Bad Orca
x4

Post by Big Bad Orca » Tue, 20. Feb 07, 13:20

Has anyone worked out how long it takes these ships to level up? Is it based on time spent or on number of trips undertaken... if it's the latter then using a small fast ship like the arrow should speed up things immensely... then swap to bigger ship. Also does the payment roll and achievements in the homebase report have anything to do with how quickly it levels up? Your help is much appreciated!

I'm ideally wanting one freighter pilot to supply my PHQ without having to manually transfer from my complex all the time...

Artemis404
x3tc

Post by Artemis404 » Tue, 20. Feb 07, 13:48

frymaster: Nope, can't say I have.

Big Bad Orca: someone posted them somewhere on the forums, but I can't remember where. I know it takes 2 hours/stazuras of actual flight time to go from level 1 > 2, and I *think* the other times are 4hr, 8hrs, etc. So it is actual flight time, not runs.

I've no idea what the achievements thing does at all. I have a Freighter Pilot with upwards of 110 hours of flight, and he has 0 achievements. Your pilot gets paid more per run as he gets to a higher level, so I'm taking it that the payroll is the total amount he has been paid so far. Check the first page of the thread, it tells you the rankings and pay per flight there.

If you want to supply the PHQ you need pilots that are at least level 2, so a little suggestion: build something like a shield factory beside your PHQ complex, and then set that up as a training run for freighters (moving ore, e cells etc.) until they get to level 2. Then set him to supply the PHQ, get a new one for the shield fact and start over. Works wonders for me, and the shields go straight into the ships made at the HQ.

And for crying out loud, make sure your freighters have a Trading Extension System installed! I don't care what the writeup implies, you need one if you don't want your pilot to sit at level 1 for the rest of his days.

Big Bad Orca
x4

Post by Big Bad Orca » Tue, 20. Feb 07, 13:59

Thanks that's useful. The 2/4/8/16 etc seems to be about right - my Assistant Courier (got that starting rank in Herron's Nebula) went up to Courier after 4 hours.

frymaster
x4

Post by frymaster » Wed, 21. Feb 07, 19:06

I find that they don't seem to level up unless a transfer to another sector is involved

@Artemis404: Do you mean you have used CLS in a similar situation (ie ferrying ecells and using jumpdrive) and it worked OK, or you weren't daft enough to try and run your economy like that in the first place? :P

Artemis404
x3tc

Post by Artemis404 » Wed, 21. Feb 07, 23:11

Mine didn't need a transfer, just a TSE.

And I mean't I've never tried to run my economy in such a daft way! :p

donzi
x4

configurations -- none for MK1?

Post by donzi » Sat, 21. Apr 07, 12:32

CLS MK2 (and CAG) have the configure options with the useful feature:
Input - {0} {1} {X}
The pilot adds informations to the name of the ship. (X = 0 Information service deactivate; X = 1 to 9 Information variants)
I'm using the bonus pack distro with the signed scripts. Is there simply no configure commands for the MK1 or am I missing them?

I realize that once I get a handle on the CLS MK2 I may not use MK1 anymore -- still trying to get my thoughts together about it. :)

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Sat, 21. Apr 07, 21:52

As can be read from this thread (IIRC), the CLS1 originally had one rename option, activated by setting ware price to (certain) negative value. That was a remnant of X2 CLS configuration, and conflicted with the documented meaning of "-1" ware price. After that was fixed, there has been no way to adjust the renaming variable, and there is no point to add third ship aux command for this script, as command slots are a limited resource. However, CLS1 shares the renaming variable with the CLS2 (CLS Mk2) script, and CLS2 configuration command can thus adjust the variable.

Renaming entries approximately:

Code: Select all

1: CLS[12] shipname        PilotLvl
2: CLS[12] shipname        PilotLvl [J[N]]
3: CLS[12] shipname  Count PilotLvl [J[N]]
4: CLS[12] shipname  HomeSector FactNum ShipNum Count PilotLvl [J[N]]
5: CLS[12] shipmodel HomeSector FactNum ShipNum Count PilotLvl [J[N]]
6: CLS[12] shipclass HomeSector FactNum ShipNum Count PilotLvl [J[N]]
CLS1: Count = SaCb, where a=suppliers, b=consumers
CLS2: Count = WPc, where c=waypoints
PilotLvl = A, AC, C, FP2, FP1, FP
J: has Jumpdrive
JN: has Jumpdrive, Duplex, and Triplex

donzi
x4

Post by donzi » Sun, 22. Apr 07, 05:21

Thanks much!

Earlier I discovered that the MK2 can be used to supply the advanced ship name for the MK1 and your description/explanation of the 'coded' name is much appraciated.

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”