[Script] Turret Commands plugin *needs testing

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Everyones Antihero
x3

Post by Everyones Antihero » Sun, 27. Aug 06, 11:29

I hate the RS turret defence thingy. I try to move the turrets about it automatically overides my selection to the wrong one then wastes energy. I just got rid of em.

im going to try this one hope it works
My Artwork show reel:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5R1J-_Byek
My website, click gallery for art:
http://www.richarddaborn.co.uk

Jakesnake5
x4

Post by Jakesnake5 » Sun, 27. Aug 06, 14:59

RS's script is for auto switching. This one, is static setups for specific tasks.

I haven't tried it yet, but does it automatically switch the turrets weapons when you switch tasks, or do you have to load the right weapons yourself?

This can be a major issue when in combat.
Perfection is in the hands of God, we bags of dirt can only do the best we can©
[ external image ]
Modders are a source of ideas to help the Game Makers improve what they have made. Cherrish them, for they are the fruit of thy labors.©

Red Spot
x3

Post by Red Spot » Sun, 27. Aug 06, 15:44

Sorry for butting in Moggy2 ...

============================

Could you guys please stop discussing my scripts in some one elses topic ?
I dont like it and I take it Moggy doesnt either!

(want to discuss Moggy's scripts vs my, I'd say go for it, but NOT here!)

G

ezra-r
x4

Post by ezra-r » Wed, 8. Nov 06, 23:34

Ive been testing this and its good, but it has a problem..

The problem with X3 ai is it does not know when to select most dangerous threat.. when you set turrets with this to attack capital ships and there is a Xenon P at 2km and a K at 5km.. The Capital ship should always go for the K with the turrets it has for capital ship fight and let the turrets for defence handle the fighters..

Well, having said that ive tried this script and it will attack the Xenon P before the K because the P is closer= your capital ship is dead meat.

Anyone knows a script already made so the cap ship prioritices targets smartly? I dont really care of turret managing so much cause the ideal thing would be to have front and up or right/left to attack cap ships while the rest defends the cap ship with flaks or any other antifighter defence.

---

I have also noticed in X3 I order a ship to attack X and started to attack Y because Y was in range and shooting it.. it makes sense for a small ship, but cap ships have turrets for defence.. so it should go straight to the target and not get distracted.

Capital fight has issues in X3..

moggy2
x3ap

Post by moggy2 » Thu, 9. Nov 06, 02:28

I have actually changed the combat for big ships a little in my game. They target other big ships first, when attacking the target of or protecting another big ship they stay in formation with the leader instead of attacking on their own.
I never released this mod though.

Sesk
x4

Post by Sesk » Tue, 19. Dec 06, 02:37

Is there a way to exclude TP/TS ships in the 'Fighter Defense' command ?

Pretty much all i could think of myself would be:

Code: Select all

019    skip if [THIS] -> is $victim in $turret firing range of turret $turretid      
020             $victim = null ...      
021    if [THIS] -> is of class TP     
022             $victim = null ...   
023    end   
024    if [THIS] -> is of class TS      
025             $victim = null ...   
026    end
027    if [THIS] -> is of class TS      
028             $victim = null ...
029    end    
*2x TS because there are 2 TS entries in the Class list

Repeated at lines 33 to 40 also
But it doesn't work (i think), and since im not too familiar with this thing, i'll ask you people.

Computertech

Post by Computertech » Thu, 28. Dec 06, 03:35

Any way for you to extend the turrent commands? Like adding a missile defence that will also shoot enem ships automatically and not wait to be shot/hit first. Also one that will only shoot missiles and nothing else. Basically exetend the commands that be used for turrents?

Arleonenis
x3tc

Post by Arleonenis » Thu, 28. Dec 06, 22:08

its pitty you dont have two turrets on each side, one with big PPC that run anti capital ship command, second with max flak guns that run anti fighter ships command with additional anti missle command but for only big hitting missles not mosquito or similar that dont really do anything against capital ships...

In navy reality (those games are mostly based on navy warfare) ships have diffrent weapon sets for diffrent tasks, big guns (in history... but this gun based space combat base mostly on world war II combat theme) for engaging other big naval targets and small flak guns for AA defense...

Would be sweet to have something similar on our destroyers/carriers, with exclusion that carriers have similar anti fighter defense as destroyer but much weaker (but still existing) heavy artillery (PPC)

But as far as i know in regular X3 there isnt option to have two turret sets on each ship side?

So please someone that know a lot to elaborate here...

As this weapon switching and similar tricks kill immersion big time...

Geggo
x3tc

Post by Geggo » Fri, 29. Dec 06, 16:19

@Arleonenis
Well Hyperion does have 2 Front turrets both with 2 guns so it seems possible, might be tad hard to do on existing ships though.

@Moggy
What kind of targeting priority this has?

that's somewhat important as M2 just on the edge of weapon range is heck of a lot more dangerous than M1 hovering right next to you. (especially since the M1 has already lost it's weapon energy on the aproach while the K can fire all it's turrets continuously like a freking Duracell bunny)

And can it "see" that the target is outside firing arc of the current turret and switch to target that is within firing arc.

The fighter defence part seems obsolete cause if you area close enough for anti fighter turrets to fire your already in deep steaming pile of .... and the current "Attack all enemies" does work very well.

I might count M6 as a fighter though, most of them are agile enough to evade PPC tracking, especially Xenon P. And FAA's take them down fast enough.

Ofcourse the best solution in my head would be is somekind of "big targets" list that would come up on the hud right hand side and I could just click on one of them to give my turret command to attack it. (yeah I know this REALLY ain't possible but one can hope)

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”