[SCRIPT] Xai Corporation Station Command Suite

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Lidza
x3

Post by Lidza » Sun, 26. Nov 06, 13:24

It is a pity that it doesn't work with "LV Cheat suite".

Also doesn't seem to work with HQ even when "LV Cheat suite" isn't installed.

But works well on stations.

Thanks

Streaks
x3

Post by Streaks » Wed, 13. Dec 06, 16:55

Good day Dr. X.

The link below leads to a discussion of a bug I encountered when I tried several scripts, including your Ultimate Commands Package that has the Station Command Suite.

Several people from the official X3 Scripts and Modding Forum and I have been discussing what possible script could make me turn from Petty Financier to Tycoon with an instant 2 billion creds a few seconds after such a promotion.

eladan and arcana suspected Cycrow's Salvage Insurance Contract script and your Advance Money Transfer script. The SIC script made sense because I did just buy 50 Salvage insurances from the Goner Temple. before encountering the bug a few SETA moments later.

Read the link for my results with said scripts.

http://forum3.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=164265

After fintoozler suggested something in the thread above, I remembered that I got both the "Match Local Price" and "Variable Price Manager" for my one and only station, an Ore Mine L alpha. However, I only used the Match Local Price. I monitored my station as it dynamically changed the price of my ore for sale...from 0 creds to
-5 creds.

I am wondering what could happen if an NPC trader docked and bought my ore at such a price...which should mean that I am PAYING the NPC to get my ore...which is riddiculous. I am not running a charity with my Ore Mine.

I am not a scripter, but I swear that the above information is true. If you could join us in the thread and give us your input, it will be very much appreciated.

Streaks
x3

BUG CONFIRMED. Xai Corp's Station Command Suite: Price Manager

Post by Streaks » Wed, 13. Dec 06, 17:19

How can I post pictures to prove this bug?

The bug in question has been being discussed in the following thread:

http://forum2.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php ... highlight=

Under the advise of arcana75, I have reported the bug in Xai Corp's Website, but it was unable to post...

So I posted it here:
http://forum2.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php ... sc&start=0

But now that I've confirmed it 99% that this bug is done by the "Match Local Price" of the "Price Manager" of Xai Corp's "Station Command Suite", I want the bug to be known by all. So I am posting this new thread.

The "Match Local Price" feature of the "Price Manager" portion of Xai Corp's "Station Command Suite" made the selling price of my ore -5 creds. fintoozler made a comment in page 2 of the thread:

http://forum2.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php ... 5&start=15

which made sense to me because I have seen my ore selling price go -5. Just now I used the "Report Inbound Ship" feature of the Staiton Command Suite to know incoming NPCs that are going to buy from my Ore Mine L alpha. It reported 2 inbound ships, one of which was already in-sector, an Argon Heavy Load Transporter.

I watched the transport in the sector map as it docked unto my Ore Mine L alpha.

No sooner than the Argon Heavy Load Transporter docked did I encounter the same darn bug that promoted me from Petty Financier to Tycoon (more than 5 Trade Ranks up) with 2 billion credits.

Thus, what fintoozler said made sense.

If anyone of you guys want to exploit this bug, be my guest. But as for me, I am sadly going to replace my saved-files before I installed the Station Command Suite. Sadly because I absolutely love the idea of my station monitoring the competition and lowering its price automatically to beat the lowest price of the competition, even competition several sectors away. I hope Dr. Xavia sees this post and fix this bug.

Further info:
I set the Match Local Price to beat the lowest price of the competition by 5 credits. As my Ore Mine L alpha stocked up in ore, the price got lower until it was 0 creds per ore, and then it was -5 creds per ore. That's when the Argon Heavy Loads Transporter came. Though I bought the Variable Price Manager, I am only using the Match Local Price feature of the Price Manager. I am using the latest patch, X3v2.0.02.

Again, how do I post pictures so I can prove this bug?

moggy2
x3ap

Post by moggy2 » Wed, 13. Dec 06, 23:38

thank you

Station commander has been updated to 1.4 to fix this problem. The script now checks that the price isn't below the minimum allowed value. It also shouldn't find itself when looking at the prices at other stations.

Under the advise of arcana75, I have reported the bug in Xai Corp's Website, but it was unable to post...
what problem did you have posting at Xai Corp?

Streaks
x3

Post by Streaks » Thu, 14. Dec 06, 05:21

moggy2 wrote:
Station commander has been updated to 1.4 to fix this problem. The script now checks that the price isn't below the minimum allowed value. It also shouldn't find itself when looking at the prices at other stations.
So, if I download Station Command Suite again, should I just install it without uninstalling the previous version? Or should I install the new version after uninstalling the old version? Will this fix the problem?

I'm asking cuz I remember in the game I paid for the Match Local Price and Variable Price Manager, and I would like it if I didn't have to pay for it again. :D

moggy2 wrote:
what problem did you have posting at Xai Corp?
The site told me some sort of error to the tune of it can't process my request at that moment.

Oh, and I forgot to mention that I got the Station Command Suite through the Ultimate Commands Pack

moggy2
x3ap

Post by moggy2 » Thu, 14. Dec 06, 15:02

you won't have to pay for the software installation again. In fact if the command's still running on your station it'll change to the new version on it's own.

If you've got the spk download for Cycrow's installer, just run a check for updates and the new files will show up. If download the newest version of the Station Commander package.

Streaks
x3

Post by Streaks » Thu, 14. Dec 06, 17:15

Thank you Dr. X.

I will try going into the X-Universe again soon and try out all the updated scripts. Cycrow is amazing. That "download latest update" feature is great. EGOSOFT should pay you scripters. :D

Streaks
x3

Post by Streaks » Thu, 14. Dec 06, 17:44

I just came back from trying the updated scripts. Here is my report:

I found out that with the price settings left by the previous version of Match Local Price (my ore was still priced at 0 credits, and it could still go down to a negative value according to the stock of ore), I had to intervene otherwise i will encounter the bug again.

Since I had a fairly large stock of ore, I manually price it at 96 creds (which is I think, the lowest standard proce for ore). I reset the Match Local Price to scan 9 sectors and beat the best lowest price by 3 creds.

However, instead of faithfully lowering my price by a factor of 3, it would sometimes jump by a factor larger than 3. I saw my price go from 87 creds to 41 creds, or something like that. Are there other Ore Mines out there selling ore for less than 96 creds?

I may be mistaken, but I dunno if the bug was fixed since I can only see my price go down lower and lower...and lower, it never went up.

Dr. X, your input pls. :)

Streaks
x3

Post by Streaks » Thu, 14. Dec 06, 18:46

Okey, 2nd report:

I am quite convinced that, once I manually interevene to change the price from 0 manually (it was set to 0 by the previous version of Match Local Price), the price will not go down 50 creds...

...Though in my case, it almost came close, and by the weirdest of situations.

SITUATION #1:
I have rest the price of my ore to 128 creds. I restet the "Match Local Price" to scan 9 sectors, and to lower the best lowest price by 3 creds. I had one experience wherein, though I told it to beat the lowest price it finds by 3 creds, it went from 128 creds to 54 creds for the price of my ore.

SITUATION #2:
I have noticed that, though the Match Local Price will lower the price of my ore to beat the lowest price of the competition, I never saw it take the price of my ore up again. In Situation #1, that is the lowest price the Match Local Price made, and though I waited and waited in SETA, I never saw it go up again.

Does the Match Local Price actively scan what the latest lowest price of the competition has? Or when it beats the lowest price, and that lowest price goes up again, it will not bring the price of its products up again to match the local price?

Is the Match Local Price made to work together with the Variable Price Manager?

Streaks
x3

Updated Station Command Suite: My first and second bug reports.

Post by Streaks » Tue, 19. Dec 06, 08:15

The following are my reports on Xai Corp's updated Station Command Suite. Dr. X (moggy2) seems to have fallen silent, so I am posting what I posted in page 4 of this thread...

http://forum2.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php ... c&start=45

...for other's enlightenment and for their input and discussions.
Posted: Thu, 14. Dec 06, 18:44 Post subject:
I just came back from trying the updated scripts. Here is my report:

I found out that with the price settings left by the previous version of Match Local Price (my ore was still priced at 0 credits, and it could still go down to a negative value according to the stock of ore), I had to intervene otherwise i will encounter the bug again.

Since I had a fairly large stock of ore, I manually price it at 96 creds (which is I think, the lowest standard price for ore). I reset the Match Local Price to scan 9 sectors and beat the best lowest price by 3 creds.

However, instead of faithfully lowering my price by a factor of 3, it would sometimes jump by a factor larger than 3. I saw my price go from 87 creds to 41 creds, or something like that. Are there other Ore Mines out there selling ore for less than 96 creds?
Posted: Thu, 14. Dec 06, 19:46 Post subject:

Okey, 2nd report:

I am quite convinced that, once I manually interevene to change the price from 0 manually (it was set to 0 by the previous version of Match Local Price), the price will not go down 50 creds (which is the lowest allowable price for ore)

...Though in my case, it almost came close, and by the weirdest of situations.

SITUATION #1:
I have reset the price of my ore to 128 creds. I reset the "Match Local Price" to scan 9 sectors, and to lower the best lowest price by 3 creds. I had one experience wherein, though I told it to beat the lowest price it finds by 3 creds, it went from 128 creds to 54 creds for the price of my ore.

SITUATION #2:
I have noticed that, though the Match Local Price will lower the price of my ore to beat the lowest price of the competition, I never saw it take the price of my ore up again. In Situation #1, that is the lowest price the Match Local Price made, and though I waited and waited in SETA, I never saw it go up again.

Does the Match Local Price actively scan what the latest lowest price of the competition has? Or when it beats the lowest price, and that lowest price goes up again, it will not bring the price of its products up again to match the local price?

Is the Match Local Price made to work together with the Variable Price Manager?

I may be mistaken, but I dunno if the bug was fixed since I can only see my price go down lower and lower...and lower, it never went up.

Dr. X, your input pls.

moggy2
x3ap

Post by moggy2 » Tue, 19. Dec 06, 14:52

moggy's been busy with other things, like moderating forums.

I know there's a problem. Thank you for the detailed analysis. I shall get to a fix when I get to it.

StratonAce
x3

Post by StratonAce » Sat, 20. Dec 08, 19:01

Did this script ever get an update to fix those issues? Not pressuring, just wondering. ;)

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”