[RELEASE] Custom ship MOBILE FORTRESS ver 1.1

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Hadhafang
x3

Post by Hadhafang » Sun, 11. Mar 07, 09:55

There are 2 SSD's on Tensins site as well as the Phoenix M0. Just be aware that the 18km long SSD is pretty much useless as it's to big to go through any gates and if you use the ADvanced Jumpdrive with Targeting scanners you end up having to fly 40 or so kms from where it ends up because it's to big to be in the sector.

The Phoenix One is way cool! Look forward to any updates.
"And so it begins!" Ambassador Koch, Babylon 5

"I have got to get me one of these!" Me after seeing a Whitestar

Ikaruga
x4

Post by Ikaruga » Sun, 11. Mar 07, 11:08

WoW !!! :o This trailer is really amazing. I love the music too. Can I get the title please ?

Looks like a nice ship, really.

What will be new in your next release of this ship ?
If brute force doesn't solve your problems, then you aren't using enough

Observe
xr

Post by Observe » Sun, 11. Mar 07, 17:55

Ikaruga wrote:WoW !!! :o This trailer is really amazing. I love the music too. Can I get the title please ?

What will be new in your next release of this ship ?
Thanks for the complements :)

@Ikaruga: The music is from the album "Feet in the soil" by James Asher.

The new version (seen in the trailer) benifits from extended time spent in drydock recieving a complete "going over". Major changes from the original are mesh resizing, and the custom docking bay. Various problems with the original have also been addressed.

Currently, the Fortress is awaiting next XFP mod release (date to be announced).

Phrathum

Post by Phrathum » Sun, 11. Mar 07, 18:21

Sorry to bring it up again (Greedy_Bastard) but none of the download or video links work. I've looked it up on both the mentioned sites, but still, no megaship thing :P Any help or re-driection would be much appreciated :)
I havent been able to see the pics in the initial post either, but from the other screenshots i can see that it well-designed. So, well done in advance! :)

bob hope
x3

Post by bob hope » Sun, 11. Mar 07, 18:30

hmm i was just wondering, what does it look like with 4 teladi m2`s docked at it?

that would be great as a comparison video
About the name - i was lost for a name on the forum and looking round, then a Bob Hope film came on, and i thought "that will do nicely"

i was born and raised argumentative i dont mean to offend ...... sorry

Observe
xr

Post by Observe » Sun, 11. Mar 07, 18:45

Phrathum wrote:Sorry to bring it up again (Greedy_Bastard) but none of the download or video links work. I've looked it up on both the mentioned sites, but still, no megaship thing :P Any help or re-driection would be much appreciated :)
I havent been able to see the pics in the initial post either, but from the other screenshots i can see that it well-designed. So, well done in advance! :)
My appologies for the broken links which are due to my not maintaining my old web server. The old Fortress has been mothballed, and the new Fortress won't be available until next XFP release (soon).

The XFP forum link to the Fortress thread is here.

And the video is here

Spectarofdeath
x2

Post by Spectarofdeath » Mon, 12. Mar 07, 00:46

Thanks for pointing out the SSD. I got them both. However, the smaller version ship has some problems with it's gun/cameras, whenever your in the cockpit or in a turrent your facing the same way (forward) and it also seems like your looking from inside the middle of the ship since you can see a translucent frame. I guess I'll just go with the super sized version :P
War doesn't determine who is right. Only who is left.

Observe
xr

Post by Observe » Mon, 12. Mar 07, 00:52

Spectarofdeath wrote:...I got them both. However, the smaller version ship has some problems with it's gun/cameras, whenever your in the cockpit or in a turrent your facing the same way (forward) and it also seems like your looking from inside the middle of the ship since you can see a translucent frame. I guess I'll just go with the super sized version :P
I'm not sure how you could have the smaller version since it hasn't been released yet. I think you'll find the new version (when released) does not possess the issues you've mentioned. :)

Phrathum

Post by Phrathum » Mon, 12. Mar 07, 01:10

Hi :)
I just wanted to ask you while you were online: I dont want to run the full XFP, but i am very interested in your (seemingly) great 'Fortress' (havent tried it yet :P) Is there anyway i could get it? I wouldnt mind putting it through its paces and giving you some feedback and suggestions :)
Thanks for your time! :)

Hadhafang
x3

Post by Hadhafang » Mon, 12. Mar 07, 01:15

@Observe: I think he's talking about the Super Star Destroyers on Tensins site :)

@Spectarofdeath: The Super Sized SSD is pretty much useless except to look pretty since nothing is willing to get close enough for it's guns to hit them :( Makes a great HQ though.

@Observe again: Can't wait till the next release of XFP, do you mind if I take the Fortress out and add it to my own personal ship mod?

Observe
xr

Post by Observe » Mon, 12. Mar 07, 01:35

The Fortress will be available both combined within the XFP mod and for seperate install following XFP release. This ship has already undergone rather extensive testing by the XFP beta test and Quallity Control teams. It would not be appropriate to release prior to XFP. :)

Hadhafang
x3

Post by Hadhafang » Mon, 12. Mar 07, 03:27

Way Cool, you rock! :twisted:

VioletRapture

Post by VioletRapture » Mon, 12. Mar 07, 03:32

What incredibly poor engineering.

Never make a ship that looks like that. The middle could be snapped in half very easily, rendering your ship two ships.

They should execute whichever architect came up with that design.
Proud Boron fanatic.
Split say - AAAAAAGGGHH!!

Damar Stiehl
x3

Post by Damar Stiehl » Mon, 12. Mar 07, 05:23

Yeah... not crazy about the design... the thing has a wasp's waist, and the Argon M2s as engines look a bit odd...

Still thanks for the effort, and the clip is great.

bob hope
x3

Post by bob hope » Mon, 12. Mar 07, 05:37

hmm Damar ..... theyre not argon M2`s as engines, they are docked M2`s, thats what its for, getting multiple m2 class ships to be deployed in an area quickly, the ultimate carrier :D
About the name - i was lost for a name on the forum and looking round, then a Bob Hope film came on, and i thought "that will do nicely"

i was born and raised argumentative i dont mean to offend ...... sorry

Hadhafang
x3

Post by Hadhafang » Mon, 12. Mar 07, 09:22

@VioletRapture: Didn't your momma ever tell you 'If you can't say anything nice then don't say anything at all'? Nuff Said!

@Damar: Like Bob said they are docked, imagine only having to spend the energy required to jump in one ship instead of 5 or only buy one advanced JD with targeting scanners, and the ability to tranfer freight easily from frieghters to fortress to M1/2/TL's etc, though with remote transfer it's alot easier now :p

RaGodofTehSun
x3

Post by RaGodofTehSun » Mon, 12. Mar 07, 10:15

I have to say, interesting concept though it would look better with its "body" being closer to the size of its "head"

ezra-r
x4

Post by ezra-r » Mon, 12. Mar 07, 12:48

Very nice Idea.. Whats its price?

Greedy_Bastard
x3

Post by Greedy_Bastard » Mon, 12. Mar 07, 23:03

To VioletRapture: You clearly don't get how big this ship actually is. I wouldn't doubt if it was as thick as an M1 even at its thinnest point so i wouldnt imagine this snapping. And yeah if you dont have anything nice 2 say dont say anything at all.

To Observe: From what I'v seen this will make the ultimate flag ship for my armada. Just a couple questions, any idea when it will be released-a few days, weeks, months, years, decades-maybe not that long :P . Anyway i was also wondering how you get it, is it still free or is there a quest 2 go w/ it now.

thx in advance
I bet you $25 that im greedier than you and ill prove it to you in 5 languages:
English: I love Money
Spanish: Amo el dinero
French: J'aime l'argent
German: Ich liebe Geld
Russian: Я люблю деньг
Now you owe me $25

Observe
xr

Post by Observe » Tue, 13. Mar 07, 03:03

OSR (Observe Space Research) always begins design concepts based on providing solutions to specific problems related to survival and commerce within the X3 universe.

As far as:
VioletRapture wrote:What incredibly poor engineering.

Never make a ship that looks like that. The middle could be snapped in half very easily, rendering your ship two ships
Obviously you are from a rather primitive culture not privy to the advanced materials and shielding which OSR uses in construction of the Fortress. Besides, if you knew me as some do, you'd have a very hard time arguing your misguided points in terms of mechanical engineering or X3 physics.

Finally (almost):
VioletRapture wrote:They should execute whichever architect came up with that design.
Ahh, but that's what the "enemy" always say when they can't get their "hands" on the fleet of those who possess this wonderful headquarters ship. :D

Footnote:
Release should be very "soon" - accompanying the absolutely amazing XFP mod for which this particular ship is only a VERY small part. :)

Anyway, all in fun we are all for one, and one for all. :)

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”