[Script] Out of sector Reward beta (27/12/2007)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

ORIOLE
x2

Post by ORIOLE » Thu, 22. Mar 07, 13:25

Klyith wrote:
Krim wrote:Could you pls. make a .spk version
This script should only be installed manually. It overwrites some of the standard X3 scripts. Don't overwrite them, instead rename then to .bak first so that you can go back to normal if wanted without reinstalling the whole game.

Scripts to rename:
!plugin.acp.fight.skill.std.pck
plugin.patrol.bas.cmd.select.pck
plugin.patrol.bas.salary.pck
Hi Klyith,

You should read more about Cycrow's Script Manager. When you run his X3 Script Manager for the first time it will make a backup of your script and t directories. They become script.bak and t.bak. Now you can install all the scripts you want and, just as easy, uninstall them without making your game unstable. It even ensure that there aren't any conflicts between all the scripts you have installed.

So rather spend time playing X3 than manually installing and making backups of all your scripts files.

:D

Hi Krim,

You can use Cycrow's X3 Script Packager and package the script yourself if the author doesn't want to produce a .spk version.

Klyith
x3

Post by Klyith » Thu, 22. Mar 07, 19:27

ORIOLE wrote:You should read more about Cycrow's Script Manager. When you run his X3 Script Manager for the first time it will make a backup of your script and t directories. They become script.bak and t.bak.
Ah, that's good. It didn't do that for me, but I presume that's because I've had it installed since before that feature was added.

(I do use Script Manager myself... Mostly to package up my own scripts for distribution, but there are other folks who only provide spks. Still, it's not as powerful as personally knowing what all the scripts you have are and what they do, especially if you're a scripter yourself.)

Krim
x4

Post by Krim » Thu, 22. Mar 07, 21:12

Done

sjcgill
x4

Post by sjcgill » Mon, 14. May 07, 12:08

Anyone know if this is compatible with Fight Command Software MK3 by X-Freak Cartman [KBG]?

Would love to have levelling named pilots who don't fly like tarts as wingmen :D

arcana75
x3tc

Post by arcana75 » Sat, 19. May 07, 05:31

Krim wrote:Could you pls. make a .spk version :?
Try this.

:D

wanderer
x3tc

Post by wanderer » Sat, 19. May 07, 17:54

Hi sjcgill
sjcgill wrote:Anyone know if this is compatible with Fight Command Software MK3 by X-Freak Cartman [KBG]?

Would love to have levelling named pilots who don't fly like tarts as wingmen :D
Should be. In the moment I am looking into these scripts.
From what I see, only the script '!plugin.acp.fight.skill.std.pck' changes the skill and so the attack values.

So lets see:

1st:
!plugin.acp.fight.skill.std.pck is used for calculating the fight skills. Nemeo described the EGO problem about the 7 possibilities in an earlier post. Also there is a error/change in nemeos script:

Code: Select all

002   $Fightskill = [THIS] -> get tactical
I doubt this is working correctly. This 'get tactical' is not in the X3 script engine. I changed it to:

002   $Fightskill = [THIS] -> get pilot fightskill
003   $This.name = [THIS] -> get name
004   $This.pilotname = [THIS] -> get pilot name
005   write to player logbook: printf: fmt='DEBUG -  Show Fightskills: Name %s, Pilotname %s - Skill %s', $This.name, $This.pilotname, $Fightskill, null, null
Line 003: Now this is the original from EGO. The next lines I scripted for Debug Infos. Also, you CANNOT script this script inside the editor. You have to extract it, rename it. Also rename the 'name' of the script inside the script itself. Now it can be changed from the scripteditor inside X3. Little tricky I know.
Also, this script changes/sets ONLY the attacker values, not the ship itself!
See e.g.:

072   return $enemy.skills
Well, the skill increase after a kill itself is done in nem.ai.and.bounty. But as above, here also:

135    $nemlevelingship -> set tactical to $nemupdatedlevel
This function is not inside EGOs script editor. I changed it to

135    $nemlevelingship -> set pilot fightskill to $nemupdatedlevel
(There seems an french article about this 'set/get tactical' topic also:
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php? ... 2ff5344b61)

2nd:
Scripts: setup.nem.ai.and.bounty.pck, nem.ship.signal.killed.pck and nem.ai.and.bounty.pck are used for renaming and the bounty. This files are new. The setup sets a task, after key=SIGNAL_KILLED to rename and calculate the bounty.

3rd:
plugin.patrol.bas.salary - nemeo set the patroll fees to zero. Nothing more.
plugin.patrol.bas.cmd.select - DO NOT USE!! Bonuspack replaced it.
setup.plugin.patrol.bas.xml - DO NOT USE!! Bonuspack replaced it.

So, I am testing only with the scripts from point 1 & 2. After I changed the script as said in 1. Means, only this 4 scripts

Hope this helps a little bit out. Still, I am not convinced about !plugin.acp.fight.skill.std.pck. While I not know when and what for it is triggered.

Also, you should be aware, that this scripts may not work correctly for the XTension Mod (and partly for X3 2.0.0.2 as well). This, while not all shipclasse's are coded. So, some may not trigger a bounty, xp or else.

regards

eladan
x4

Post by eladan » Sat, 19. May 07, 23:12

wanderer wrote:Also there is a error/change in nemeos script:

002   $Fightskill = [THIS] -> get tactical
I doubt this is working correctly. This 'get tactical' is not in the X3 script engine.
Apparently, it's a language thing. In the English version, the script engine comand is get/set pilot fightskill, but in other versions it may be get/set tactical. It is the same command, and will still work on an English game, just you can't use it yourself in the script editor.

It's been a while, but I have looked at the fight skill stuff, and traced it through the ego scripts. It is used, I have no doubts about it.

Squelch
x2

Post by Squelch » Sun, 20. May 07, 02:40

Klyith wrote:(I do use Script Manager myself... Mostly to package up my own scripts for distribution, but there are other folks who only provide spks. Still, it's not as powerful as personally knowing what all the scripts you have are and what they do, especially if you're a scripter yourself.)
Hi Klyith,
There is an extract feature for the packager too. It simply reverses the process. Any scripter who wants to look at the code can use this function.

I highly recommend using spk's to distribute your scripts. They are already compressed (no need to zip), they are easy to install, (no special knowledge), and they are easy to uninstall. This last point is of most use to those who want to try different scripts, but are not technically able to try and remove a list of funny named files. Some people just want to play the game.

arcana75
x3tc

Post by arcana75 » Sun, 20. May 07, 03:53

Hi wanderer interesting comments!
wanderer wrote:3rd:
plugin.patrol.bas.salary - nemeo set the patroll fees to zero. Nothing more.
plugin.patrol.bas.cmd.select - DO NOT USE!! Bonuspack replaced it.
setup.plugin.patrol.bas.xml - DO NOT USE!! Bonuspack replaced it.
I don't think Bonuspack added or updated plugin.patrol.bas.cmd.select cuz I do not have a backup copy of it in Original folder (created by Plugin Manager).

plugin.patrol.bas.salary and setup.plugin.patrol.bas.xml were replaced tho.

I'm curious what differences exist in Nemeo's setup.plugin.patrol.bas.xml and Bonuspack's version tho. Nemeo also replaced !plugin.acp.fight.skill.std.pck.

Anyone know what version of X3 did Nemeo base his scripts on? Bonuspack 3.1.05 was released in Nov 06, while this script's latest version was released in mid Dec 06, so logically speaking it should be updated.

wanderer
x3tc

Post by wanderer » Tue, 22. May 07, 16:04

@arcana75,
arcana75 wrote:Hi wanderer interesting comments!
3rd:
I'm curious what differences exist in Nemeo's setup.plugin.patrol.bas.xml and Bonuspack's version tho. Nemeo also replaced !plugin.acp.fight.skill.std.pck.

Anyone know what version of X3 did Nemeo base his scripts on? Bonuspack 3.1.05 was released in Nov 06, while this script's latest version was released in mid Dec 06, so logically speaking it should be updated.
Same here...
In the moment I am filling up an excel sheet with all scripts and where, when and, if I know, what for they are. Hell of work. Also to document the overlapping scripts like this one.

As said earlier, I first checked and then installed the 4 scripts (see earlier post here) only. I still had 3.1.05 + x3plus packet installed. Works fine. I implemented a Message, to show me the ships stats after a kill.

And by the way. Also AI ships are improved!! I recognized this during test & debug. Cool, so in case you may come over an really good bastard one day :D

regards

JackSlaughter
x3

Post by JackSlaughter » Thu, 25. Oct 07, 00:53

Is there a way so that I can disable this Script, or at least the part that gives the ships levels.

I'm running the TerraCorps Fleet Package, and it gets really annoying when you see someones name Captain Rookie V Dubbs....

I just initially liked the script because it gives me money for the ships my ships kill.

Nemeo
x3ap

Post by Nemeo » Tue, 27. Nov 07, 13:44

New version of the mod released. Some features have been removed because I don't know what happened in previous patches.

Bug reports are welcomed.

Esraven
x3

Post by Esraven » Wed, 18. Feb 09, 13:47

This script is not compatible with PiloteAI v3,7

The shipcommands in the general section concerning PiloteAI gets screwed up when OOS reward is installed.

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”