[Script] Custom Factory Setup Library v1.4 (Updated 4/11/06)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Jakesnake5
x4

Post by Jakesnake5 » Wed, 12. Apr 06, 02:13

Does it work with the patch? I already renamed the EMP to work. :D

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Wed, 12. Apr 06, 02:39

Armegeddon wrote:And like Cycrow said, single stations with multiple products will only produce one product at a time, unlike a current complex which does them simultaneously.
So what exactly is the difference ?

And is that difference scriptable to fool the program ?

I'm honestly not concerned with issues of cheating. I'm looking for a way to have a single station object that does exactly the same thing as a complex hub.

Jakesnake5
x4

Post by Jakesnake5 » Wed, 12. Apr 06, 02:46

A single station that can produce multiple products like a complex does is not possible do to the hardcoded way a single station will opperate:

Produce said product, with said assigned resources.

With the idea of a station trying to produce multiple products, the station can't because it will use ALL the same resources to do so, BUT, it can only do 1 at a time. Not all stations use the same resources to produce products. (with the exception of SPPs) Energy is the only common denominator.

Ego didn't forsee people WANTING to make multiproduct stations when they created X3.

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Wed, 12. Apr 06, 02:58

Sorry for the highjack, I'll take this someplace else.

http://forum2.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=137614 if anyone is interested.
Last edited by apricotslice on Wed, 12. Apr 06, 03:32, edited 1 time in total.

Armegeddon
x4

Post by Armegeddon » Wed, 12. Apr 06, 03:25

Jakesnake5 wrote:Does it work with the patch? I already renamed the EMP to work.
Which patch? It works fine with 1.4, and should work fine with any future patches since it doesn't change any files. It is just a constantly running script that the user doesn't need to concern themselves about. The only time something that uses this script might have a problem is if the position of a station changes in TFactories. In that case the mod creator will need to alter the setup script they wrote for the library to take into account the new factory position. You can ask SaintAshley how much fun that is. :lol:

@apricotslice: What Jakesnake5 said is what I was trying to say, he just said it better.
There is a thin line between genius & insanity i have erased this line

Armegeddon's X3 scripts and mods

Saint-Ashley
x4

Post by Saint-Ashley » Wed, 12. Apr 06, 04:24

Armegeddon wrote: You can ask SaintAshley how much fun that is. :lol:
Ya! That can be a pain in the butt when you have more then 600 to alter! :P :lol:

KanineLupus
x2

Post by KanineLupus » Thu, 22. Feb 07, 01:37

Just one quick question - how does one use this to set SECONDARY resources?? Am adding a few custon fabs to produce Terran weapons. Have got the NPC Complexes taken care of (custom NPC stations are easy enough) but getting things right for adding custom stations to shipyard arrays is a whole other matter as I am discovering.

Anyhow - is there a specific reason why a secondary resource array was not added?? Am happy to modify to suit my own mod, but just checking to see if it wasn't included for any error-related reason.

Saint-Ashley
x4

Post by Saint-Ashley » Thu, 22. Feb 07, 04:30

crayolakidd wrote:Anyhow - is there a specific reason why a secondary resource array was not added?? Am happy to modify to suit my own mod, but just checking to see if it wasn't included for any error-related reason.
Simple answer... Secondary resources are not used by player factorys... And this library was never needed to handle secondary wares as it was originally written to work with my fabs mod... Which is player only stations.

Besides that... If your spawning AI factories, its easier not to use this lib or even alter it at all. It would be wise just to specify the resources you want in your own script. :wink:

KanineLupus
x2

Post by KanineLupus » Thu, 22. Feb 07, 08:42

Well that shows just how much notice I've taken of trading at this point. Have made my first 2 Bill solely from combat (esp. gathering up the capital class weapons dropped after obliterating the Xenon :) ) - was holding off from trading until I got Avalon bought and paid for ...and am still waiting for the bloody auction to get started!

To be honest I thought the issue of secondary resources was to be amended in X3, but obviously that never happened. Now that you've pointed that out, will have to remedy that fact in the Mod I'm working on, at least in regards to certain tech-level stations. I've you've looked in the TLaser file, you'll notice that Player retvals are up to double that of the NPC equivelents, meaning that it can take up to twice as long to produce such ware - and in turn cost up to twice as much or there abouts. I'm already balancing that out, but now that you've pointed this out, the trade-off will be the addition of sendary resources being required by Players in those stations ...fair's fair afterall!

Since posting the original question, have already pulled together an AL Plugin to handle the addition of products and resources to targetted player-owned stations (yours was a little beyond my own level - but was able to make things much more compact) ...the only downside is I can see this task is now set to get drastically bigger, given the number of stations I now have to target!

Now, one question I do have for you - as I've been old your the man to ask on this one. How does one change the production cycles and capacity of a station (as in the difference btwn an 'L' and 'XL' fab). Can those values be altered in the TFactories file, or does one need to look elsewhere??

Saint-Ashley
x4

Post by Saint-Ashley » Thu, 22. Feb 07, 21:02

crayolakidd wrote:Now, one question I do have for you - as I've been old your the man to ask on this one. How does one change the production cycles and capacity of a station (as in the difference btwn an 'L' and 'XL' fab). Can those values be altered in the TFactories file, or does one need to look elsewhere??
Yes its in Tfacts.txt Heres all you should need : http://www.xwiki.chaos.net.nz/index.php ... _file_(X3)

Copy and paste link (itsnt working right because of the '()'.

Code: Select all

17. Scale factor

1 = normal 
2 = medium 
5 = large 
10 = extra large 
20 = extra extra large
I havent tried the newer versions of X3 E but... I know the older versions (which I hardly use because I tend to use notepad anyway... :lol: ) had that value listed as 'unknown value'.

fud
x3

Post by fud » Thu, 22. Feb 07, 21:12

It's still listed as an unknown. It's about half-way down the stats list in the right pane, above relval/etc.

MFG_Excellence

Post by MFG_Excellence » Wed, 24. Feb 10, 21:28

Can someone get me this fix for [AL Plugin] Stevio Fab Supplier :: V3.02 :: 24/09/2006 LINK:
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php? ... c&start=75

I would very much like to buy an HQ from the Stevio Shipyard and have it work correctly, and to utilize the 30 million dollar "donations" I have made to the Teladi

Thanks!

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”