AI Competetors : Removal Update

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

xierxior
x3

Post by xierxior » Tue, 23. May 06, 02:40

Runner wrote:Also, if you really want to see action, then pick PLAYER instead of EPIC. EPIC is the slowest possible start
I already picked epic tho.. how would I go back and change that setting.. it only offers it once?!

-----
edit LV
Looks like I pressed edit instead of quote, oops :)

-----

You will need to first disable the plugin until it kills off all existing factions, then in the setup.pl.traders script comment out the if and end statements (lines 010 and 013) so the plugin thinks it's never been run before. you should then be able to reset it and set the plugin back to on

Code: Select all

010   if $g == null
011    $m = sprintf: pageid=8823 textid=52, null, null, null, null, null
012    send incoming question $m to player: callback='plugin.handymen.callback.dif'
013   end

Danian
x3tc

Post by Danian » Tue, 23. May 06, 07:26

this is sounds like an absolutely aewsome plugin LV I hope that egosoft will put it into one of the next updates or at the very least include it into the next installment in the series

InvrSmall
x3tc

Post by InvrSmall » Wed, 24. May 06, 00:27

I smell foul play in the Republic, could there be a hidden influence behind them ?

For, one minute after scripting in a trap of some E-cells to an AI SPP in Power Circle,
http://www.inversmall.dsl.pipex.com/ima ... _jumpy.jpg

11 Republic ships appeared from the Warp to grab the goodies.

:)

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Wed, 24. May 06, 18:49

thanks for that invr

there should be a station block in place so once a ship tags a station it blocks any more ships heading there so either it's buggy or they are all checking at virtually the exact same time which i doubt.
LV's TC Scripts
Readme's For All My Scripts

I felt a great disturbance in the forum, Like millions of voices cried out in terror, then were silenced

si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses

jackleonfraust
x3

Post by jackleonfraust » Fri, 9. Jun 06, 22:52

doggon! and i was just about to do close to the same thing for my fiirst script (my game only).... here it is already being worked on :roll:

X_x_X
x3

Post by X_x_X » Sun, 20. Aug 06, 21:50

any news with this projekt?

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Mon, 21. Aug 06, 15:23

the only news is as i'm currently unable to run x3 the project will stay as is
LV's TC Scripts

I felt a great disturbance in the forum, Like millions of voices cried out in terror, then were silenced

SpaceMonkey1119
x3

Post by SpaceMonkey1119 » Mon, 21. Aug 06, 20:18

Why did you break X3 L.V? by the way, I love your hitchhikers guide to the galaxy quote :P

By the way this is an awesome idea, and as soon as I get a little more developed in game I will download it.

X_x_X
x3

Post by X_x_X » Tue, 22. Aug 06, 10:02

yeh, it sounds AWESOME and i would really love to see it ingame, lv, fix your game! :D

lordlexus
x3tc

Post by lordlexus » Wed, 30. Aug 06, 20:54

hey, this is very sweet. been using it for a couple days. nice to see some life in the 'verse'.

could you please explain the reports section to me - specifically 'pts' I see one faction 'Nirwin Defense League' has 1112000 pts....but wtf does that mean? is that monies in the bank?

also, it would be cool if these reports would also show YOUR worth compared to the faction so you can see what the competition is between the faction and you. Never mind that thay now have 20 more ships than me...atm lol

Or, if there was a command to get a report on yoruself similar to this from the additional commands or trade commands section.

Let me know. Otherwise this is fantastic.
q6600 (@3ghz)
4 gb ram
8800gtx
40" LCD @1920x1080 (yeah, thats right!)

Kadatherion
x4

Post by Kadatherion » Thu, 31. Aug 06, 07:02

I'm going to start a new game after a long time, and i'll try this neat plugin in it, but i would like to know a couple of details to decide how to start it :

How much cash do the factions get when starting on Experienced? Will it be far more than what i have on a new game or will it be still somewhat balanced with the player starting resources?

I'm asking this because i have a doubt regarding the PLAYER option. Let's say i choose that, and those factions get about 100k. Later in the game, when a faction is obliterated in any way and a new one is automatically founded, will it start with the original player setting of 100k, or will look at the actual player worth and starts based on it? In the latter case, this could potentially respawn factions already so rich that they will colonize the galaxy just a few hours after being created (thus making a bit pointless to wage an exterminating war against one of them).
Or, again, a respawned faction starts off with a fixed worth indipendent from the initial setting?

The Epic setting would probably, then, be the best solution, but i fear that once the galaxy is colonized by 2/3 big factions, other factions respawned virtually without anything would never have the chance to grow up before being annihilated again.

Oh, another curiosity : I assume that the random spawning sector doesn't take care of their race alignment (they will be respawned if killed shortly after being created in a dangerous sector, so it's not an issue), but how will be the reactions of the main races towards them (as theirs towards the races)? An Argon faction will attack and be attacked by paranids, or by other races that will became hostile to argons during the course of the game (like the borons, still have to see a game in which argon and borons didn't come to war), while remaining at costant peace with argons themselves?
If this happens then the factions will be somewhat forced to expand in certain areas of the map (simply because their assets in enemy space will be shot down) and it would make them quite realistic.

Startomb
x3

Post by Startomb » Fri, 8. Sep 06, 00:17

how do u find out their net worth and rank etc cos i cant see them anywhere in my game

BobSmalls

Post by BobSmalls » Fri, 8. Sep 06, 04:46

I'd like to know whether the factions consume Asteroids should they choose to build a mine.

@Kadatherion: allow me some uninformed speculation.
1. I suspect a human player will outperform LV's AI player. The human can partake in BBS missions, piracy, and the almighty strafedrive.
2. Suppose you wanted to set a faction back from mega-hugedom to a net worth of a million credits. Just kill all but one of their stations (a la Civilization). Let them slowly rebuild if you like, or camp the gates of their sector if you prefer.

SieurNewT
x4

Post by SieurNewT » Wed, 4. Oct 06, 23:25

Hello

Something strange happen on my XFP mod version, i was using the IA competitors with the Player beginning option, and using on the 2 players options the Xai profit manager options, with auto adjustment on the product buy - sell and max jump range

Suddently i have noticed that one station was running out of money , but the other was crazy amount as profit like 299 299 299 299 (something like the maximum amount of money possible in asset)

When i have check the sell - buy price of my stations i have seen the values was bugged, by sample energy sell for 255 by unit, or sylicon at 10.000.

So i wonder if the IA competitor stations was using bugged amounts out of ranges, making my own stations draining crazy amount of money into my own stations assets ?

Also i dont know if this was the cause of the bug but i have made a mistake in the auto adjust price , by sample i was selling the energy -1 under the lowest price and buying stuffs at +5 after max price
New Config : Intel 8400 & 4Ghz , 4GB DRR2 on Asus P5Q Pro, ATI 4850 and Win XP 32 bits SP3.

Old config AMD 64 3400 1Mo, MSI k8n neo plat, 7800 GS+ Bliss, 2 GB RAM 3200

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Thu, 5. Oct 06, 11:16

This will not be caused by AIC. the bank balance is a local variable number which has nothing to do with station amounts as npc stations all theoretically have 2 billion in the bank. The only time it looks at stations funds is when it checks how much are in your stations for the reports on the BBS. :)
LV's TC Scripts

SieurNewT
x4

Post by SieurNewT » Thu, 5. Oct 06, 17:06

Ok thanks i think i should summarize a little ;)

is it possible that the IA competitor use prices out of range, like 255 for an energy cell ?
New Config : Intel 8400 & 4Ghz , 4GB DRR2 on Asus P5Q Pro, ATI 4850 and Win XP 32 bits SP3.

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Thu, 5. Oct 06, 17:10

they check the station price on buying/selling then add/subract it from their global bank balance

Julius_Sneezer
x3

Post by Julius_Sneezer » Fri, 6. Oct 06, 22:03

This is a fantastic idea. I thought egosoft was going to implement something like this for X2, but they didn't and I was suprised. I was even more suprised they didn't for X3. It seems as though the game designer for X2 and X3 was the programmer for XBTF, somebody who understands nothing about what elements are in a game.
"I've graduated to a Noobs Noob Assistant now!"

AMD 3000, MSI-7125 Nforce 4 Motherboard, 1gig ram DDR 400 Dual Channel, ATI X1950Pro 256, Win XP Sp2, Creative Audigy 2 Value

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Fri, 13. Oct 06, 20:50

script updated for forum name library

ie competitors names now are updated with the forum name library list

see OG post

Thanks to Jakesnake for editing the scripts and antisceptic for hosting the cycrow version which my server hates
LV's TC Scripts

SieurNewT
x4

Post by SieurNewT » Tue, 17. Oct 06, 13:40

Hello

One of my "commercial agent" have disapear without any notification or alert, i beleive it was capped by a competitor

how is this working, are they able to cap any small ship just like that or did they need to kill the shields, is there any message about a ship capped ? thanks

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”