AL Plugin : Jumpdrive Kits 1.5 10/2/08

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Jakesnake5
x4

Post by Jakesnake5 » Fri, 1. Dec 06, 21:30

Hey, the fact that it worked for somebody else makes ME happy. :D
Perfection is in the hands of God, we bags of dirt can only do the best we can©
[ external image ]
Modders are a source of ideas to help the Game Makers improve what they have made. Cherrish them, for they are the fruit of thy labors.©

arcana75
x3tc

Post by arcana75 » Sat, 2. Dec 06, 00:55

Jakesnake5 wrote:Hey, the fact that it worked for somebody else makes ME happy. :D
Cheers! :D

An edit of the post post might be warranted as well as a forewarning based on my experiences?

All in all a good day! :P

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Sat, 2. Dec 06, 10:32

done

ThorOfTerra
x4

Post by ThorOfTerra » Mon, 11. Dec 06, 11:52

Hi,
which script version must i install after a new installation (x3 2.0.2).
Script Version 1.01 or 1.10 ?

It's a new game. No script is installed.

Thor
Ruhm ist vergänglich,
aber Namenlosigkeit ist für immer.

arcana75
x3tc

Post by arcana75 » Mon, 11. Dec 06, 15:28

U should install the latest. Bigger numbers usually imply later versions :)

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Mon, 11. Dec 06, 17:43

I thought I had updated this, done now via OP

arcana75
x3tc

Post by arcana75 » Tue, 12. Dec 06, 02:06

U should edit the thread title too, let people know there's an update than just chatter on the old script.

Jakesnake5
x4

Post by Jakesnake5 » Tue, 12. Dec 06, 02:26

It is an idea. But since LV didn't actually rewrite the script (though I'm sure he would have done something similar if he had the hardware to run the game on), I'm not sure if he wants to update the version number officially.

It is up to him after all.
[ external image ]
Modders are a source of ideas to help the Game Makers improve what they have made. Cherrish them, for they are the fruit of thy labors.©

Jakesnake5
x4

Post by Jakesnake5 » Tue, 12. Dec 06, 14:24

@LV

BTW: The way the JDK station spawner works, sometimes the 2nd JDK Fab (first is in CBSW) will be spawned in Getsu Fune, and the Argon EQ Dock there will sell kits.

This bit of randomness is good. :)
[ external image ]

CyKlone

Post by CyKlone » Wed, 13. Dec 06, 02:45

Ah, hmm, kick my butt someone but Fab is there, but no products is shown or anything..... followed steps from 1.10 since its a new install.... maybe something not compatible with it? Advices someone? im really noob at this.

TYIA

CK

Jakesnake5
x4

Post by Jakesnake5 » Wed, 13. Dec 06, 07:11

I didn't change the way the stations were spawned and equiped. So they should be equiped correctly.

Does the Goner Temple have kits?

BTW, did you install the EMP mod?
[ external image ]

CyKlone

Post by CyKlone » Wed, 13. Dec 06, 13:14

i cant tell but in the "Goods" there is a blank space which reads are follow.

Goods Quantity Cr
0/10000 28

Sometimes, the quantity changes and i can buy but doesnt say what it is and its not appearing in the cargo either.

As for the EMP Mod, lemme check, ive put a couple simple mods but not sure if i did this one. ill re-edit this post to confirm if yay or nay.

===============================================

Slap me down to Freedom's Reach, i didnt had the EMP. installed it and everything is working perfectly :oops:

Ty

CK

Jakesnake5
x4

Post by Jakesnake5 » Wed, 13. Dec 06, 14:49

Don't be embarased.

I used to do tech support for an ISP. Most common question asked when a user couldn't log in was 'is your capslock turned on when you typed your password'.

Amazing how a simple thing can get ya. :D
[ external image ]

fud
x3

Post by fud » Wed, 13. Dec 06, 15:44

My personal favorite question was "is it plugged in?"

strude
x4

Post by strude » Thu, 14. Dec 06, 03:38

Hi used to do help desk support and had a guy ring up saying the screen was blank and nothing he did could get it back. Told him to turn the screen on and it came right up. Two weeks later he rings with the same problem, and the same solution fixed it again :evil:

Aron
x4

Post by Aron » Thu, 14. Dec 06, 04:02

LV,

Would it be possible to change the script to not deduct money when installing?

I'd rather buy the entire kit upfront with all the costs. It is annoying to remember to divert funds from a factory to install a kit.

Jtmd
x3

Post by Jtmd » Sun, 17. Dec 06, 03:31

Anyone able to tell me how to make this add 50 ecells along with the jumpdrive and nav software please ? and also how to adjust the cost accordingly. an extra 1000 for 50 ecells at 20each seems ok ?

thanks

Jakesnake5
x4

Post by Jakesnake5 » Sun, 17. Dec 06, 07:40

@Jtmd
Bit of an issue with that suggestion.

Ecells require cargo space. and suddenly taking a 1 cargo item and turning it into an upgrade AND 50 cargo of Ecells!... Not quite logical.

Plus, if the ship you install it in doesn't HAVE 50 cargo for those cells, you get shortchanged (I know that small a price and all, but still).

@Aron
Possible, but the new script would not be compatible with the current one, as it would require changing the EMP slot the Kits are currently assigned to. It's the slots relval, not the scripts, that define how much they cost.

And before you tune up an say 'Well, just change the RelVal', that would require changing the EMP mod, and then it wouldn't be compatible with anything else that uses it. There are some other mods out there that use EMP in them. And their copy would override the modified EMP.
[ external image ]

Jtmd
x3

Post by Jtmd » Sun, 17. Dec 06, 09:20

As my post says..
Anyone able to tell me how to make this add 50 ecells along with the jumpdrive and nav software please ? and also how to adjust the cost accordingly. an extra 1000 for 50 ecells at 20each seems ok ?

Im not asking if its ethical, not asking if its logical. Just asking how i can do it. Someone else posted on a previous page that they have already done this.
If you want to get into logic, who is going to install the pack anyway ? i mean, you get charged 94k ? for it to be installed, do the people installing it jump out of the pack snce the pack can be installed anywhere? If you say its done by droids/bots then why the need to pay them at all. etc. Anyway.. im not going to get into a rant about this :p There are scripts out there for jumpdrives that require no energy at all. For me, adding a few extra ecells just makes it less complex. no-one else has to add ecells to their scripts

hipperion
x4

Post by hipperion » Mon, 29. Jan 07, 12:55

I dont have enough reputation with the goner to buy jump kits ... So please tell me how can i improve my rep with those bastards ?

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”