AL Plugin : Jumpdrive Kits 1.5 10/2/08

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

ThorOfTerra
x4

Post by ThorOfTerra » Sat, 18. Nov 06, 00:22

ok, with new emp fix the problem.
Ruhm ist vergänglich,
aber Namenlosigkeit ist für immer.

arcana75
x3tc

Post by arcana75 » Thu, 30. Nov 06, 13:27

LV, et al...

Is it possible that installing then uninstalling then reinstalling this script (via spk), or turning on, then off then back on in AL settings, cause my Goner Temple and my entire Elysium of Light sector to go AWOL?

I remember the Goner Temple is supposed to stock JDKs. I looked at your scripts and plugin.deliver.jumpdrive.uninstall goes:

Code: Select all

001   $anull = null
002   $aware = Jumpdrive Kit
003   $psec = [PLAYERSHIP] -> get sector
005   $dock =  find station: product $aware with best price:  max.price=14000, amount=0, max.jumps=100, startsector=$psec, trader=$anull
006   while $dock -> exists
007    $dock -> destruct: show no explosion=[TRUE]
008 @  = wait 1 ms
009    $dock =  find station: product $aware with best price:  max.price=14000, amount=0, max.jumps=100, startsector=$psec, trader=$anull
010   end
012   $dock =  find station sells: resource $aware with min. jumps: max.price=20000, amount=$anull, max.jumps=100, startsector=$psec, trader=$anull
013   while $dock -> exists
014    $dock -> destruct: show no explosion=[TRUE]
015 @  = wait 1 ms
016    $dock =  find station: product $aware with best price:  max.price=14000, amount=0, max.jumps=100, startsector=$psec, trader=$anull
017   end
018   return $anull
Wouldn't that make the Goner Temple go bye bye??

I have a game right now where my Goner Temple is missing from CBSW (no wreck) and the entire EoL sector is blank except for the billboard. I detailed this problem in Tech Support.

I don't mind the missing JDs but I need transporter devices :(

eladan
x4

Post by eladan » Thu, 30. Nov 06, 13:56

arcana75 wrote:Wouldn't that make the Goner Temple go bye bye??

I have a game right now where my Goner Temple is missing from CBSW (no wreck) and the entire EoL sector is blank except for the billboard. I detailed this problem in Tech Support.

I don't mind the missing JDs but I need transporter devices :(
Looks like that could do it - the OP says that the goner temple will also stock the kits, so...

Something to check - he also says the ED in Black Hole Sun will stock them. Does that ED still exist?

arcana75
x3tc

Post by arcana75 » Thu, 30. Nov 06, 15:26

eladan wrote:Looks like that could do it - the OP says that the goner temple will also stock the kits, so...

Something to check - he also says the ED in Black Hole Sun will stock them. Does that ED still exist?
Actually I looked thru the scripts, it does not say it installed JDKs in the BHS ED, but to install JDKs in the first Argon sector-Argon dock 1 jump away from a randomly chosen Xenon sector 100 jumps from the location of the Temple. I jumped into BHS and the Argon Eqpt Dock is there. However, I didn't check places like Getsu Fune. But based on that condition maybe the only Argon sector-Argon dock 1 jump from a Xenon sector IS Black Hole Sun...

Also, the script creates two "Jumpdrive Kit Construction Facility" randomly starting from the Goner Temple location. Since the temple is missing, when the AL script turns on, a message in my Inbox appears "Jumpdrive Kit Construction Facility (Unknown Object)".

Using the Product Finder script, I look for 3 things, JDKs, Jumpdrives and Transporter Devices.

Jumpdrive, "Found in Terracorp HQ". Nowhere else. I've explored the entire map (2.0.2) except Senator's Badlands.

Transporter Device, "No such ware found".

JumpDrive Kit, a blank message.

Either my scripts are badly installed, or the uninstall script totally messed up both my Goner stations and the entire re-running of the JDK script pack.

All these aside, assuming I uninstall the JDK script totally, how do I go about re-creating the Temple and the stations in EoL (which I never visited b4 this, so I dunno what's there in the first place)? I need transporter devices! :cry:

eladan
x4

Post by eladan » Thu, 30. Nov 06, 16:02

I'm pretty sure the temple will eventually respawn. Not sure of the timeframe though. I think that's probably your only option there.

The odd thing is that you don't have any facts in EoL. There are several "normal" factories in there in my game - a SPP, a (I think) Rimes fact, ...

The only common element here is that they are goner owned. There may be something else at work here.

arcana75
x3tc

Post by arcana75 » Thu, 30. Nov 06, 16:35

Proof (in a way?) once and for all it's this script that caused the problem.

I started Aspiring Explorer, travelled to CBSW.

Goner Temple check. Jumpdrive Construction Facility check.

Turn off JDK in AL Settings. Enable SE. Run plugin.deliver.jumpdrive.uninstall. Choose current sector. Enter, enter.

POOF, both the Goner Temple and the JDCF disappear right before my eyes.

Now the question, will the Goner Temple really respawn? Also, will the stations in EoL also respawn, in time?

If yes, fine I'll continue. Else I'll have to learn scripting to a level where I can reinstate my beloved Temple :cry:

Can anyone who has installed JDK help me check if the same thing happens in EoL (disappearing stations)?

tomol
x3

Post by tomol » Thu, 30. Nov 06, 17:07

arcana75 wrote:Proof (in a way?) once and for all it's this script that caused the problem.

I started Aspiring Explorer, travelled to CBSW.

Goner Temple check. Jumpdrive Construction Facility check.

Turn off JDK in AL Settings. Enable SE. Run plugin.deliver.jumpdrive.uninstall. Choose current sector. Enter, enter.

POOF, both the Goner Temple and the JDCF disappear right before my eyes.

Now the question, will the Goner Temple really respawn? Also, will the stations in EoL also respawn, in time?

If yes, fine I'll continue. Else I'll have to learn scripting to a level where I can reinstate my beloved Temple :cry:

Can anyone who has installed JDK help me check if the same thing happens in EoL (disappearing stations)?
I am sure JDK has some bugs. I have fixed them in my game.
AMD Althon XP 3000+ @ 2.4 GHz
nVidia Geforce 7600GT 256 MB
2 GB DDR400 Memory @ 267 MHz
No Extra Cooling

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Thu, 30. Nov 06, 19:04

easy to fix if you have access to x3........... :shock: :roll:

Let me know what wares the GT stocks and i'll upload a script to reacreate it for you with the x2 se.
LV's TC Scripts
Readme's For All My Scripts

I felt a great disturbance in the forum, Like millions of voices cried out in terror, then were silenced

si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses

Jakesnake5
x4

Post by Jakesnake5 » Thu, 30. Nov 06, 19:10

I think I can fix the weirdness. Just requires adding some checks to prevent certain things from happening.

I'll look into it and try to patch things up.
Perfection is in the hands of God, we bags of dirt can only do the best we can©
[ external image ]
Modders are a source of ideas to help the Game Makers improve what they have made. Cherrish them, for they are the fruit of thy labors.©

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Thu, 30. Nov 06, 19:30

Code: Select all

006   while $dock -> exists 
$csw get sector from uni index x = 0 y = 5
$docksec $dock get sector
skip if $docsec = $csw
007    $dock -> destruct: show no explosion=[TRUE] 
008 @  = wait 1 ms 
009    $dock =  find station: product $aware with best price:  max.price=14000, amount=0, max.jumps=100, startsector=$psec, trader=$anull 
010   end 
check the code for the fix

i'll upload a recreation script in about an hour, does the x3 GT still only stock JD, SI + TD?

Jakesnake5
x4

Post by Jakesnake5 » Thu, 30. Nov 06, 19:37

And Argon Police license.

Unfortunately, your script isn't complete. Needs to be slightly more complex. I'll post a fix shortly.

EDIT: Sorry for delay. I am hoping you people have a save where all the stations are still in existance. I am trying to create a oneshot script that will remove the JDK products from the stations that are not supposed to have them (which, btw, is most the stations in Elysum :D) and adjust LV's setup and installer to not get too weird.

Will take me a couple hours to get it together. You will need to run the oneshot manually, then you can disable the plugin. Stand by.

EDIT2: Oh dear, just had a hairball.

Problem I have:

1) modify current scripts to fix current problem (ie, remove the stuff without killing things abnormally)
2) modify current scripts to prevent problem from occuring.

1 and 2 are, unfortunately, exclusive. I can't get both to work together without some serious weirdness.

SO, what I'm going to do, is make the oneshot KILL all products from Goner/Argon stations (the ones that need to stay in the game), and remove the created stations.

THEN, I'll modify LV's scripts to be able to accurately track the stations created, and be able to uninstall them properly.

Don't worry, I'll get it right. :D
[ external image ]
Modders are a source of ideas to help the Game Makers improve what they have made. Cherrish them, for they are the fruit of thy labors.©

arcana75
x3tc

Post by arcana75 » Fri, 1. Dec 06, 00:41

I'm just glad someone's looking into it! :D

Jake, I do not have a save where all the stations are intact. When I re-entered X3 due to patch 2.0.2, I made a point to disable all my scripts and then patching (I even created a thread on this topic) then updating my scripts to as current as possible.

So basically for me alone (can't say for others affected if at all), I need the original stations/temples back, my JDKs (the original setup scripts will do), and a safe uninstall script in case I ever stop the JDK script again.

Is there any special station in EoL? Will GOD respawn Goner-owned stations in EoL?

Jakesnake5
x4

Post by Jakesnake5 » Fri, 1. Dec 06, 04:11

@arcana75
Not sure. Will check that with 10x SETA for a few hours and see.

If not, I can script them back in, with apropriate checks.

JDK 1.10 is ready, for when I'm done finding this out.

Also have a nice little 'cleaner' script for fixing the problem with shutting down the AL and it deleting any Goner station with JDK's in them. Including those in EoL that shouldn't have had them to start with. :o This means you won't shut it down to upgrade.

I'll post links to them later though, once I'm sure about something. But I have the upgrade method needed already planned. So don't worry.

If the vanished stations do not rebuild, I'll create a script to put them back in. I feel this may be necessary, but GOD has a nasty habit of fooling people. :D
[ external image ]

eladan
x4

Post by eladan » Fri, 1. Dec 06, 09:01

Jakesnake5 wrote:If the vanished stations do not rebuild, I'll create a script to put them back in. I feel this may be necessary, but GOD has a nasty habit of fooling people. :D
:? Anyone know what happens if you script back in a station that GOD would be replacing?

I'd be a bit hesitant to do this - do you get two goner temples? Or does it completely screw up GOD? Or...

arcana75
x3tc

Post by arcana75 » Fri, 1. Dec 06, 09:54

eladan wrote:
Jakesnake5 wrote:If the vanished stations do not rebuild, I'll create a script to put them back in. I feel this may be necessary, but GOD has a nasty habit of fooling people. :D
:? Anyone know what happens if you script back in a station that GOD would be replacing?

I'd be a bit hesitant to do this - do you get two goner temples? Or does it completely screw up GOD? Or...
Why shouldn't we have 2 temples? Spread the good word! :D

Jakesnake5
x4

Post by Jakesnake5 » Fri, 1. Dec 06, 13:13

Writing the script that will check for the Goner stations, and if one is missing, will replace it. If it exhists, it'll ignore it.

It'll be a setup, so it'll do a check each time you load. Should be ready Soon™.
[ external image ]

Jakesnake5
x4

Post by Jakesnake5 » Fri, 1. Dec 06, 17:04

Ok folks I've FINALLY finished. The updating will not be straight forward, but it's not too difficult.

Now, the first thing. 1.10 is not fully compatible with 1.01. Attempting to just overwrite 1.01 with it will probably cause issues. These instructions will, hopefully, help you to avoid them.

For those with 1.01 installed
1) Uninstall 1.01. This will kill the AL and it's unwanted behavior.
2) Extract the Clean.JDK script into you script folder. This script will remove all kits from the stations (including those in EoL that shouldn't have them) and destroy the spanwed JDK stations. It also removes the kits from the Argon EQ Dock.

This script must be run manually (in case you forget to remove it, it won't cause problems without your knowledge). Open the SE, go to the script list. The script is a.a.a.a.clean.jdk. Hightlight it, hit 'r' and enter twice. Exit the SE and save your game.

Do not worry about losing any purchased kits, this script won't touch them.

3) Install 1.10, and load the save. The new scripts and AL will take over and install the JDK's and stations. The AL will, if turned off, only remove the stations and kits in the Temple and Argon EQ Dock. It will not remove any bought kits (original script didn't either, not sure why).

Enjoy. :D

The Cleaner works for those who want to remove JDK permanetly as well. Getting rid of bought kits (which, if you try getting rid of them AFTER removing the scripts, will show as ReadText items) just eject them and shoot the can.

For those who lost the Goner stations when turning off the AL with 1.01
It is unknown if the GOD engine rebuilds these stations. My fix may conflict with GOD, but GOD can take a hike. :D

Make sure the AL is turned off for JDK if you still have it installed.

Extract the Goner Respawner script. This is an autorunning script that will try to locate any Goner station in your game. It will, if they don't exhist, respawn and equip them.

I've tested this with 1.4.03 and 2.0, so it won't cause any issues.

Because LV's rig can't handle X3, and he's been delayed in getting the necessary upgrades, I've helped him in the past. He may transfer the 1.10 to his site. Hopefully, he also gets the cleaner script for those who use 1.01. :)

Links:
JDK 1.10
Clean JDK
Goner Respanwer

There is also a minor update. The created JDK stations will have a 'Friend or Foe' relation of Neutral.
[ external image ]

arcana75
x3tc

Post by arcana75 » Fri, 1. Dec 06, 17:35

:o

Thanks a million Jake! And thanks for the detailed instructions!

Ok, can I summarise what I personally need to do? My game already does not have any JDKs for sale nor any Goner stations, but have exactly 5 JDKs in my Split TL (funny that!).

1) Uninstall JDK1.01 using Script Manager.
2) Install JDK1.10.
3) Install Goner respawn script.
4) Load game (JDK AL is off), Goner respawn script fires.
5) Turn on JDK AL.

Yes?

EDIT: Ok I did something similar and YES everything is back to normal! Seta'ed and the JDK facility popped in as well!

Jake I owe you a pint! Cheers!

[ external image ]

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Fri, 1. Dec 06, 18:56

my thoguhts exactly, make that 2 pints

saves me a heap of m**** as when i was trying to fix this using x2 i got multi-crashes
LV's TC Scripts
Readme's For All My Scripts

I felt a great disturbance in the forum, Like millions of voices cried out in terror, then were silenced

si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”