[Script] DTS - Auction Stations and Wares [1.42 update 19.02.06]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Sesk
x4

Post by Sesk » Sat, 25. Nov 06, 04:16

Is it just me or the auctions for stations only concern Argon sector stations(saw many in Priest's Pity), and that the Ship auctions are a bit too scarce, only received 1-2 during a whole week of game play.

arcana75
x3tc

Post by arcana75 » Mon, 4. Dec 06, 12:43

Hi al_main, just wondering, would it be a good idea to incorporate trader rank into the auction where higher rank gets higher auction values? Or race rank where the ware/station is in.

Ikaruga
x4

Post by Ikaruga » Mon, 4. Dec 06, 13:01

Loonix said :
Awesome script, wont play without it... unfortunately....

I found a consitent bug when trying to make a station i got at auction into a complex. I get through all the steps and when I hit enter to place the dock, it fades to black and freezes. If I replace the auction station with a normal one, the issue disapears. I use the extended mod (latest patch).

it is because thestation you bought contains Secondary Resources, which are incompatible with complexes; remove them out of your station via scripting :

(in the script editor --> general objects --> remove secondary resources from factoryor dock )

I hope it will help.

By the way, would it be possible to buy ships via auction ??? [/code]
If brute force doesn't solve your problems, then you aren't using enough

russbo
x4

Post by russbo » Thu, 14. Dec 06, 02:46

Are people sure that this works with version 2? I'm getting these mysterious crashes on a fresh install/upgrade, and I can't seem to pin down the cause. Just thought that maybe this script was doing it, when it did the auction alert.

Khaak_Slayer
x4

Post by Khaak_Slayer » Wed, 7. Feb 07, 04:47

What happened to this? It's an awesome idea, and something very much needed, i mainly want this for ship auctioning.. will this ever be implimented? it appears to have just died.

russbo
x4

Post by russbo » Wed, 7. Feb 07, 09:23

I'm using it with the Bala Gi upgrade, without any problems. It works just fine; great script, adds a new dimension to the game.

Khaak_Slayer
x4

Post by Khaak_Slayer » Fri, 9. Feb 07, 16:41

But but.. Ship auctioning?

..D:

chilipalmer
x3

Post by chilipalmer » Mon, 26. Feb 07, 17:26

all links are dead for me :(

Greg_G
xr

Post by Greg_G » Tue, 27. Feb 07, 00:06

This link works fine for me, give it another shot:
http://www.freewebs.com/x3scripts/Dynam ... _v1.42.spk

chilipalmer
x3

Post by chilipalmer » Tue, 27. Feb 07, 08:50

Greg_G wrote:This link works fine for me, give it another shot:
http://www.freewebs.com/x3scripts/Dynam ... _v1.42.spk
cheers buddy that worked

Khaak_Slayer
x4

Post by Khaak_Slayer » Tue, 27. Feb 07, 22:48

Ship auctioning seriously needs to be implemented.
Rawr.

al_main
x3

Post by al_main » Wed, 28. Feb 07, 00:49

I may consider adding ships. :wink:
(It does seem like a logical step to take)

At the moment I'm abit busy scripting a little thing caled Xtended 0.7 though!

Dont worry, the scripts not dead by any means! Just abit side tracked at the moment. After Xtended 0.7's finished I'll prob have some time to add more to it. :)

Ikaruga
x4

Post by Ikaruga » Sat, 15. Sep 07, 13:58

Hi,

I know you have a lot of work with XTended, but do you plan to update it so we can buy (and sell) ships ?

Thanks in advance.
If brute force doesn't solve your problems, then you aren't using enough

Jaga_Telesin
x4

Post by Jaga_Telesin » Fri, 11. Apr 08, 10:51

Some feedback for potential users of this script:

I have yet to use the auction feature to sell property I own, though I expect it works satisfactorily. However - the auction to purchase factories is horrible from my perspective. I just lost two bids (auctions) in a row, despite putting in the highest bid I was allowed to place. I consider this a design flaw, and it is very disappointing to see as a player.

If it happens a few more times, I'll simply turn off the script and go about my merry way. But I did want to let other players know of this and to ready themselves for it.

Skite
x4

Post by Skite » Fri, 11. Apr 08, 12:39

IIRC, it was menat to be like that, to simulate what would happen in reality.
If you bid too low right away, someone else bids higher.
If you bid too high right away, someone else will be sure to top that, leaving you without any funds to go higher.

Just my two beef's.

Jaga_Telesin
x4

Post by Jaga_Telesin » Fri, 11. Apr 08, 18:57

Skite wrote:IIRC, it was menat to be like that, to simulate what would happen in reality.
If you bid too low right away, someone else bids higher.
If you bid too high right away, someone else will be sure to top that, leaving you without any funds to go higher.

Just my two beef's.
So you are saying the other 100 million I had to beat the winner's bid of 13 mil was no good? If the auction was a true "auction", that means you can keep bidding until you choose to quit - not until someone else says so.

I was merely providing feedback on what I felt was a majorly disappointing feature that from my perspective is broken. If I want a station that is for sale and have more money than the other guy, I darn sure better get it.

Right now I see the mod as only being good for sales of player owned assets. The auctions to buy things are unreliable and unrealistic.

al_main
x3

Post by al_main » Sat, 12. Apr 08, 21:35

Yeah, it was primarily the selling part of the auctions that I originally wrote this script for ( 2 years ago! :o ). Witht he buying part being added afterwards as a natural progression.

It could probably be updated to work alot better, using more messages for multiple and higher bids, etc. However I dont really have time to update it at the moment. So unfortunately for now you'll have to just think of it as one of those auctions (like how the tv rights for the footy were bidded for I think?) where everyone makes one (hidden) bid and then it goes to the highest bidder.

EDIT: I agree that it could probably be considered a bug that the highest bid can be out-bid by the NPC's but as above I dont have time to fix it. Plus the highest bid is already I think ALOT higher than average for the station/wares on sale.

EDIT2: Its probably an issue to do with the fact that the NPC bids are randomly generated based on the demand and popularity of the product, with each bid likely to be higher than the last. But if you want to change the amounts of the bids you are allowed to select from, ie to make one fo them higher to ensure winning then at the top of the script 'tnal.auction.getyourbid' you should see

Code: Select all

001   $option1 = $bid1 * 102 / 100
002   $option2 = $bid1 * 110 / 100
003   $option3 = $bid1 * 121 / 100
Increase the percentage to allow higher bids, eg:

Code: Select all

003   $option3 = $bid1 * 150 / 100
would make the 3rd bid 150% of the initial value instead of 121%

Chemical-mix
x3tc

Post by Chemical-mix » Tue, 6. May 08, 21:23

This script looks fantastic, i can't believe its taken me 2 years to notice it.

I will assume that most of the bugs have been removed, and reading through the thread that seems to be confirmed.

I'm really looking forward to using this, and wil post my 2 cents worth when i've had the chance :)
"I came, I saw, I crumbled"

russbo
x4

Post by russbo » Thu, 8. May 08, 06:06

Its an awesome script, without any bugs, even though it doesn't work as real auctions do, it's an effective way of buying and selling stations. I've been using it for, what, two years now? Good stuff.

Schabernack

Post by Schabernack » Wed, 25. Feb 09, 05:36

hi, can i start an auction process for stations i don't own?

like i want THAT station very much and i give a bidding out to the station owner and he makes then an auction out of my initial offer!?
learn from the past, live the moment, dream of the future
tc-ap minimax

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”