[Script] DTS - Auction Stations and Wares [1.42 update 19.02.06]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Abanon
x3

Post by Abanon » Tue, 14. Mar 06, 17:18

OK, first of all let me say I love this script however a couple of minor points and a possible real pain in the ass problem

Minor points

1) I only ever win auctions if I bid the highest allowed value, is this suposed to be the case?

2) In wares auctions the cost shown in lost auctions is often much higher than the average price for that ware, again does this seem right?

Now the possible Problem

This issue may or may not be linked to this script but heres the story

I bought in auction an Adv Sat Fact in Argon Prime, it runs well enuf but I was loosing supply ships in a pirate sector (that being the closest suply of mageglit (sp). After loosing about 4 of these stupid things I decided to speed out on my own suply and build it into a complex.

Now heres the problem, it will not accept the Adv Sat Fact as part of a complex.

No the possible bit as I am not sure what is causing this, is it possible that it is because the universe is still seeing this as an AL factory in some small way that it will not let me complex it even though I am now the owner.

al_main
x3

Post by al_main » Wed, 15. Mar 06, 11:52

The auction bids are generated randomly, much like in a real auction. There will be a starting bid and then x number of bids on top of that, each one of which must be higher than the last.

1): I think the highest option should usually win the auction (but not always, depending on if some high bids come in!) Its possible to win by bidding the lowest option but only rarely if there are not many bids made on a lot. The middle two are in between these. So technially all of the options can win the auction, but obviously the higher your bid, the more likely you are to win. Ideally I wanted to be able to just type in an amount to bid but this was the best i could do with the way the script engine works.

2): I've generally found that it tends to be just below average. I calculated it using probability but cant remember what it came out as now! I think the average price that wares end up selling for should be just below average. Obviously as above the bids that come in are different every time and so lots will sometimes sell for much more or less.

As for the problem: I've not had this reported before but I'll test it at the weekend. If it does turn out that there's an issue with complexing them I think I can see a solution anyway. :)

Abanon
x3

Post by Abanon » Wed, 15. Mar 06, 15:15

Been thinking about the possible logic behind this (assuming it is a side effect of the script) but not being a scripter myself had no idea where to look. This is a possible cause/fix (assuming I have guessed correctly about how ownership is transferred)

Assumption

Ownership transfere is a simple (or maybe not so simple) realloction of the existing factory from the race to your race.

If this is the case this may be why you cant complex auction bought factories (and why they still have secondary rescources aswel)

Possible fix

Instead of reallocating the existing factory, destroy it and create a player owned factory of the same type in its place. It would even be easy to dump a minimum level of stock/rescources such as you normally have anyway

Hope this helps

al_main
x3

Post by al_main » Thu, 16. Mar 06, 00:29

al_main wrote:If it does turn out that there's an issue with complexing them I think I can see a solution anyway. :)
Yep at the moment the station race is simply changed to Player and also that was the simple solution I had in mind! :D

Prob just keep whatever stock is in it rather than setting a minimal level. Or possibly start empty, not decided yet.
Abanon wrote:not being a scripter myself
You've worked this one out ok, you should give it a go! :)

AL

Abanon
x3

Post by Abanon » Thu, 16. Mar 06, 01:34

You've worked this one out ok, you should give it a go!
Just because I have done a bit of System Analysis doesnt mean I can translate that to working code. Add to that the simple fact there are some very talented scripters such as yourself, Cycrow and Redspot (and others but between you, you cover what I wanted). I would feel like a minnow swimming with sharks :roll:

JuanCudz
x3

Post by JuanCudz » Fri, 17. Mar 06, 13:25

I wanted to say thank you for this great script. A life saver when I was trying to get rid of an inefficient weed complex I had cobbled togetther and couldn't get any bigger because of the 'no free complex nodes' bug that causes a CTD when I tried to add anything. I was 2 pints away from starting the whole game again!!! Bad news, the replacement Bliss Place L I ordered from Ianamus Zura got whacked on the way to the sector. :(

One thing I found was even my empty ghost complex set to No for other races can trade, took about 20 minutes before everyone left the complex, people were even arriving and I couldn't start the auction. Is there anyway to build a purge into the script to kick all these hangers on off my station?
"I had an Alfredo Garibaldi under my command during the Dilgar invasion. Excellent soldier."
"That's my dad."
"So much for genetics."
-- General Richard Franklin and Garibaldi in Babylon 5:"GROPOS"

al_main
x3

Post by al_main » Sat, 18. Mar 06, 03:11

Possibly, I'd have to look into it. It could certainly be made that any player owned ships in there auto undocked. I assume it can be done with NPC ships aslong as theres a way in SE to get which orders they currently have, their current status, etc...

al_main
x3

Post by al_main » Mon, 27. Mar 06, 01:10

Possible idea for inclusion in the next version (coming soon-ish when I'm not busy!):

I've been doing some trading in my Orca using the Bulk Transporter upgrade recently and have a couple of times ended up with wares that I could not sell, eg 8000 Magaglit (theres really NOT ENOUGH satellite facts!)

In the next version I'm tempted to put in another auction wares option for ships where you drop the wares off at the Profit Guild Headquarters and then they auction off like a normal ware auction for wares in your station. Is this a good idea or is this making it TOO easy?

Pros/Cons:

:D Could make money by buying wares cheap and then auctioning without need to find a buying factory
:D Could fix some economy problems where wares build up in remote sectors and never get buyers (I've seen nostrop for 26 or something ridiculous)
:( When using with bulk transporter you'd be able to bulk buy anything you see at minimum price knowing that you can very easily sell it for a profit guarenteed, abit easy
:D Though you have paid for bulk transporter in the first place
:( This combination would empty out sectors very fast
:( Might cause economy demand problems if you buy up everything and then auction them off (Could look at adding in auction-sold wares to a buyers station)
:D Would share a command script with another one of my commands so no more command usage
:( Very easy to find deals and exploit them if you're using cycrows merchants guild/traders network

Any replies/feedback greatly appreciated :)

AL

B-O'F
x3tc

Post by B-O'F » Mon, 27. Mar 06, 13:08

Hi Al,

Yes, go for it.

All the pros and cons are already in the game - the AI will strip a sector if the price is right. The UT already buys cheap and sells dear etc. etc.

If your new options are there, the player can use them, or not use them - depending on how they want to play...

I have bought quite a few stations, and some complexes that are not nomally available - better than trying to use the current mess that is the complex building system.

For my money (as a trader, not a fighter) - the more trade options in game the better.

Boron - Ol Fh'art
Public Service announcement

Growing old is not a disease - it is a delayed symptom of birth trauma.

Mike.Galaxy
x4

Post by Mike.Galaxy » Mon, 17. Jul 06, 20:00

Hi Al_main,
just one question about the language file U're using:
It's the 448112.xml and U are still using this for more than one script, as I suppose. (at least also in Bulk_Transporter_Upgrade_1.14)

The one in the zip-file of the great BTU-1.14 is newer in date and bigger in size as the one used in the zip of "Dynamic_Trading_System_1.42"

Maybe it would be wise to update the older and smaller version.
There might be some players, which first will install the BTU and after that the DTS. If U do so and say yes to override files while installing, the recent update of the language file will be replaced by the older one.

Everybody having little insight about how scripts/plugins for X3 are workin' will have no problems with this and will know how to fix.

But maybe it would be more comfortable for those who just wanna enhance their game-experience without knowing anything about the internal mechanism of the game, if all scripts/plugins which use the same language files always are updated to the newest version.

(Maybe it's already done for the script-installer-versions, but if U provide seperate zip-files, too, it would be nice to keep them also uptodate. :wink:
not to offend U, just a little hint of mine while translating for the XFP. (XFP got the newest version btw, so that's fine.)

EDIT: About xtra-zip-versions. Like them more, cause if U just wanna know what's in, they are easier to access. (I know, U can use a dummy installation path vor the script installer versions, if U don't want them installed by default, but with zips there is no need of fiddling around, U have quick access to what's in. So both versions are welcome, if U ask me )
"Space is big, really BIG!"
"Jetzt zeige ich Ihnen wie ein Borone kämpft... hier ist mein Schiff."
"Der zweite Stern von rechts, bis zum Morgengrauen"*
* "Kirk am Ende von ST VI - Das unentdeckte Land"

al_main
x3

Post by al_main » Mon, 17. Jul 06, 23:56

Didnt realise that one was out of date, good spot.

Will sort it out then.

AL

Incidentally, XFP what exactly? Arent you supposed to get permission before using other peoples work? :?

Titaniumplanck
x3ap

Post by Titaniumplanck » Sat, 2. Sep 06, 22:43

a element id like to see is taking the wares as u can carry them. for example i bought 758 silicon wafers, on goin to the station i only got 140 because thats all the ship could hold. perhaps creating the wares in the station then transfering them as u do with normal stock would aid this prob.
if today was perfect there would be no need for tomorrow

al_main
x3

Post by al_main » Sun, 3. Sep 06, 00:02

Have you tried returning again with an empty cargo hold?

It should transfer another 140 each time untill you have recieved all 758.

Titaniumplanck
x3ap

Post by Titaniumplanck » Fri, 8. Sep 06, 20:26

sorry about long time for feedback i went on holiday.

i returned to the station profit centre in ianamus zura in person in a ts and didnt receive anymore silicon
if today was perfect there would be no need for tomorrow

DrunkenPirate
x3ap

Post by DrunkenPirate » Sat, 9. Sep 06, 05:46

I also had something like this happen, it also says "This completes the transfer" or something like that even though you don't get the total amount that you should.

when retirning with empty hold you get nothing.

Loonix
x3tc

FREEZE Game bug

Post by Loonix » Mon, 11. Sep 06, 05:45

Awesome script, wont play without it... unfortunately....

I found a consitent bug when trying to make a station i got at auction into a complex. I get through all the steps and when I hit enter to place the dock, it fades to black and freezes. If I replace the auction station with a normal one, the issue disapears. I use the extended mod (latest patch).

Phantom118
x3

station auction script???

Post by Phantom118 » Tue, 12. Sep 06, 17:50

i installed the DynamicTradingSystem_v1.42_19.02.2006.spk script with the script installer.... and i am unable to get it to work... maby its just me and im being stupid again. Anyway can somebody explain to me how to use this script??? i am sure i have it installed right.. but i dont know how to use it in the game itself. if not can you recommend another one that would allow me to sell my stations.

----EDIT LV

S+M Rules

12. When you download a script or mod from the Scripting and Modding forum post any questions or comments in relation to that script/mod in the thread you got it from. Do Not create a new topic for them.

LV wonders if big text will help get this too-often broken rule noticed or if the tried and tested forcegrip should be applied.....

-----

DrunkenPirate
x3ap

Post by DrunkenPirate » Tue, 12. Sep 06, 23:31

Looks like you're starting to try Lord Vader's patience. ;)
he has a habit of making people... disappear. :o

Anyway, to answer your question, after installing it, you need to go to your ships command console and select option 5 (Custom)
Then select the option called "GalNet upload preferences" and choose whether to receive auction news on stations, wares or both.

Once done you will get news on random stuff as the game rolls on.

arcana75
x3tc

Post by arcana75 » Fri, 17. Nov 06, 15:52

Hi... any update for patch v2 for this, if at all needed?

al_main
x3

Post by al_main » Sat, 18. Nov 06, 00:38

Should work fine, cant think of any reason why it wouldnt be compatible with 2.0.

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”