[Script] DTS - Auction Stations and Wares [1.42 update 19.02.06]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

B-O'F
x3tc

Post by B-O'F » Mon, 13. Feb 06, 18:41

Hi al-main,

It was 1.32, as replied to in PM.

Working well now,

Thanks,

Boron - Ol Fh'art
Public Service announcement

Growing old is not a disease - it is a delayed symptom of birth trauma.

al_main
x3

Post by al_main » Mon, 13. Feb 06, 19:12

Cheers, spot on again!

The packed file was one that still included those two lines of testing code. Not sure how that one got packed as opposed to the one i was using. Fixed now with version 1.33 available.

AL

argharg
x3

Post by argharg » Mon, 13. Feb 06, 21:59

AL, ususal download bug and the mirror is down, mind doing the usual extra link? (really donno whats is wrong with the standart one)

al_main
x3

Post by al_main » Mon, 13. Feb 06, 22:38

The mirror is hosted by the site where i found the external link to my script. It might not have been put up yet. I'm still happy to e-mail you the script if you want.

AL

Alche
x3

Post by Alche » Tue, 14. Feb 06, 14:16

Can you auction off your silicon mine?

Being that its attached to an asteroid.

I’m getting message for unknown, empty message straight after I try auctioning of my mine. The mine remains unsold???

arcana75
x3tc

Post by arcana75 » Tue, 14. Feb 06, 14:37

I'm happy to report that the mirror is up. U can get spks from here.

Also, auctioned mines disappear together with the roid.

Nice and expensive way to get rid of roids? :D

B-O'F
x3tc

Post by B-O'F » Tue, 14. Feb 06, 15:15

Hi al_main,

Wow - FAME - I am mentioned on the first page, must try and break more scripts..

Good work, I will try the 1.4 version....

Boron - Ol Fh'art

al_main
x3

Post by al_main » Tue, 14. Feb 06, 19:22

Alche:
You can auction off any station, including mines as arcana75 said. The only reason the mine might not be auctioned would be if there are landed ships docked there and then you should get a command rejected message. You sure the empty message from unknown was definately from this script? As I (was) pretty sure that i'd sorted out all the message/formatting errors. (also are you using the newest version or not?)

Has anyone else had this problem?

AL

Alche
x3

Post by Alche » Tue, 14. Feb 06, 20:16

As soon as I accept the auction, the empty message from unknown arrives.

Checked for docked ships, emptied all wares (this works), different targets, try loads of stuff for 2 hours, same old message.

Hmmm. Odd one.

Still not to worry. I used Station/complex seller by Pablorsa which did the trick, locks up for a few minutes but job done.

Interesting way to clear an asteroid! :wink:

al_main
x3

Post by al_main » Wed, 15. Feb 06, 11:52

Hmmm, do you have any problems auctioning other stations or just that one silicon mine?

Alche
x3

Post by Alche » Fri, 17. Feb 06, 10:53

No luck.

I tried a silicon mine, also SSP, both standalone, not in a complex.

Same message from unknown
readtext8111-1154

What is this readtext info about?

Actually in one try with the SPP I got the message sold and funds transferred but the SPP remained and I didn’t see any significant funds in my account, the SPP costs 4 mil, so I presumably I would have seen few extra mil in my account. Rats. My SSP Ms need upgrading to Ls, your script would have been perfect.

I’m using the very latest patch 1.3.02, game is very stable, no glitches.
I could always email my save file….

al_main
x3

Post by al_main » Fri, 17. Feb 06, 12:38

Ok, are you sure thats the EXACT readtext error? As this script uses 8112 not 8111. Have you tried reinstlling the script? Can you check that theres a file called 448112 in the t folder? As this is the text file my script uses and it sounds like it could be damaged or missing?

EDIT: Incidentally, the first message you should get requires confirmation of the station to be sold. (Safety feature to stop you accidentally selling a station when you meant to auction off wares). Which will be why you cant sell your stations if the text file is broken. I'd try a reinstall to version 1.40 of the script.

- I'll check through the script when i get home later today just incase the text number is wrong, but I cant see that being the case as I havent altered the setup file in a couple of versions now.

For your information 1154 is the message "The auction of (your station) was not confirmed in time. This auction has not been held" (Should only come up if you select to auction a station and then dont confirm it for 15minutes or something). Do you not get a message before that? And also are the commands in the menu also readtext2010-1123, etc?

Alche
x3

Post by Alche » Fri, 17. Feb 06, 18:34

Sorry typo, yes it was 8112-1154

The confirmation message comes up < 1min after issuing the command to auction, select yes, and the unknown message appears immediately.

Deleted all scripts, installed 1.4 only, same result.

Looks like I’ll just have to move the station somewhere else, rather than replace it! Its worth too much to destroy.

B-O'F
x3tc

Post by B-O'F » Fri, 17. Feb 06, 21:30

Hi al_main,

Been playing with 1.40 for a while, works O.K. - but I haven't tried selling any stations, just bought a few and some wares.

BUT.. (there had to be one)..

Just had an offer to bid on a station - PE Silicon Mine alpha in President's End - which was a surprise, as it is one of my own stations. I decided not to bid, to see what happened. The bid was won by Unknown Object, but I still own the station (so far).

Looks like there could be a small bug here...

Thanks,
Boron - Ol Fh'art

al_main
x3

Post by al_main » Sat, 18. Feb 06, 13:24

Alche: I've thought of a couple of ideas and i'll see if i can fix this error.

M N Lawrence: Oops! Cheers for pointing that out. :) I'll def get that sorted.

Next version with a couple of other minor fixes very soon. :)

AL

al_main
x3

Post by al_main » Sun, 19. Feb 06, 17:31

Ok, i've fixed the slight chance that player owned factories could appear for auction. Also removed "unknown object" from the potential bidders.

I also found a t-file error (took sooo long to search through the entire file untill i came across a single "</t>" missing from the end of one line!!!). I think that this might have been stoppping the text file from loading properly and giving readtext errors.

Alche: has this fixed your problem? I've successfully auctioned off stations (and mines) in my game with this version (1.42).

AL

Alche
x3

Post by Alche » Mon, 20. Feb 06, 10:41

Start auction, wait for confirmation, message arrives < 1min, confirm straight away,

After confirming auction it immediately comes back with

Auction not confirmed in time.

Ah well. At least unknown has gone.

al_main
x3

Post by al_main » Mon, 20. Feb 06, 23:39

Ok. I've thought of a couple more things it could possibly be. I'll go through it and see if i can fix it. Though I can obviously only try one thing at a time as its not an error i've been able to reproduce myself. Luckily I was planning on tweaking/adding a couple more things anyway. Hopefully this'll be fixed for you in the next version. :)

AL

Alche
x3

Post by Alche » Mon, 27. Feb 06, 18:31

Guess what, I got it working!!!!

Its so simple the solution I could cry.

Sell all wares in factory first.

Empty factory now auctions correctly.

Yabba dabba doo :) :) :)

al_main
x3

Post by al_main » Mon, 27. Feb 06, 18:35

Good stuff.

I've not heard anyone say that they've needed to do that before, but whatevers got it working for you. :)

Interesting.

AL

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”