[Script] DTS - Auction Stations and Wares [1.42 update 19.02.06]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

argharg
x3

Post by argharg » Wed, 8. Feb 06, 22:27

sp2 still doesnt allow me to download your file. definitly on your side as it is the only one that does it. Check for viruses.

arcana75
x3tc

Post by arcana75 » Thu, 9. Feb 06, 10:19

No worries al_main. I actually took a look at ur BTU and I thought who wouldn't want a way to tele goods into their cap ships so I installed it :D

al_main
x3

Post by al_main » Thu, 9. Feb 06, 21:49

argharg wrote:sp2 still doesnt allow me to download your file. definitly on your side as it is the only one that does it. Check for viruses.
I'm pretty sure its clean. If your still having problems then i came across a copy of my script at:
http://web.singnet.com.sg/~calvine/file ... 2.2006.spk

B-O'F
x3tc

Post by B-O'F » Thu, 9. Feb 06, 22:17

Hi al_main,

Slight problem with this script...

I put in a bid for a station, and got that O.K. - no problem.

I put in a bid for some goods, and won. The message said my account had been debited, and to pick up my wares from The Profit Guild Headquarters, Ianamus Zura.

I have arrived at the HQ - no sign of my wares.... I want my wares or my money back (just kidding)...

How are we supposed to collect wares that we have bought ??

Otherwise an interesting script - I will just buy stations in future, as long as I don't have to pick them up.

Edit
Just got a message to let me bid on *null* Beta Pulsed Beam Emitter (my asterisks) - another error (sorry) - while docked at HQ.
current bids are:-
530416956 Cr
380470054 Cr
112689782 Cr

My options are:
17320453 Cr
17836769 Cr
2440577 Cr
Don't Bid

They obviously don't want me to win this one, as I wouln't get anything - so I won't bid.....
/Edit

Boron - Ol Fh'art
Public Service announcement

Growing old is not a disease - it is a delayed symptom of birth trauma.

al_main
x3

Post by al_main » Thu, 9. Feb 06, 22:28

Simply docking at the Profit Guild Headquarters in Ianamus Zura should be enough for the wares to be transported aboard.

If you dock and wait abit (the script checks if you are docked about every five seconds). It'll then transfer aboard any wares that can fit into your cargo bay and send you a confirmation message stating how many wares have been transported and if/how many you have left to pick up. Its an equipment dock so any ship can dock there. What did you buy and what ship are you using to pick it up with how much cargo space free? As the script will not tell you if the goods can not be transferred, ex. XL size cargo and L size bay? (i'll put a cant transport, XL etc. message in the next version - i only took it out as you got the same message every 5 seconds and it was 2am... i've thought of a way to get round that now though.)

For stations currently you just take over them as they are.

EDIT: That second error i would guess might be something to do with there having been ALOT of goods available for the auction as that was sounding like alot of beta PBEs. I might have a return null in the wrong place (i'm not at home so cant check at the mo)

Did you manage to pick up the first lot of goods and what was it?

B-O'F
x3tc

Post by B-O'F » Thu, 9. Feb 06, 22:40

Hi al_main,

Goods bid for :- 6221 units of Swamp Plant

Ship :- very slightly modified Xperimental Shuttle (for testing purposes - to see if a TARDIS is viable) with 413,440 used cargo space out of 1,999,999 cargo space - 1,586,559 free, should be plenty of room - but it might confuse your script...

I have been sitting at the station while entering both posts, and nothing has come aboard.

Boron - Ol Fh'art

al_main
x3

Post by al_main » Thu, 9. Feb 06, 22:46

If its not up within 10 seconds then i dont think it will happen. Glad to here your just testing. Do you know how the game reads the cargo space in your modified ship?

I'm thinking the 'can transport ware' check in the script editor might be stopping the transport. Can you try swaping into a TL and docking there to see if the cargo transports? (Currently you need to be in the ship for it to transport to it)

B-O'F
x3tc

Post by B-O'F » Thu, 9. Feb 06, 23:17

Hi al_main,

Just tried docking with Xenon L (capped) and Argon Mammoth (bought) - nothing transferred, but there have been 2 auction offers since my winning bid - I will try the next one.

Just did a quick script to get cargo free space, and wrote it to logbook - the answer was 1586559, so it seems O.K.

The Wheat Farm M in Belt of Aguilar that I won in an earlier auction is working correctly, there was no problem getting that (keeping it may be a different matter).

I will stay with the Mammoth and see if I can win the next wares auction.

Thanks,
Boron Ol Fh'art

B-O'F
x3tc

Post by B-O'F » Thu, 9. Feb 06, 23:48

Hi al_main,

Just won an auction for 43887 Sunrise Flowers, docked the Mammoth - and no goods delivered.

Question - how are the goods supposed to be delivered ? are you using the Freight Transporter ? - if so, that would explain all, as I don't have one. The readme doesn't mention it - arcana75 did in an earlier post.

I didn't get the Freight Transporter, as the EMP clashed with the early version of Deadly Da's mod that I am playing around with.... but I might edit the EMP file to get one in, if that is what you are using.

Thanks,
Boron Ol Fh'art

al_main
x3

Post by al_main » Fri, 10. Feb 06, 15:08

No, nothing.

Once a bid is won the script checks if you are docked there about every 5 seconds. If you are docked there it checks if your ship can carry the ware and then how much free cargo space you have. If you have any free cargo space it puts wares into your ship: either to fill your cargo bay or up to the amount you bought.

It should be fine to pick up half wares at first then half later. Having bought more than one auction should also be fine tho whichever one happens to check if your docked there first wil be the one transferred first.

If you've reinit'ed the scrips in the script editor then i'm not sure what effect that might/will have had on it. I'll be back home later so will be able to check through all the code then.

Is anyone else having any problems at all???

B-O'F
x3tc

Post by B-O'F » Fri, 10. Feb 06, 16:21

Hi al_main,

I have been using the spk packed files, downloaded and checked the zip version - no difference. Looked through the scripts, but did not find the transfer of wares to ship - which one does this?

Thanks,

Boron Ol Fh'art

argharg
x3

Post by argharg » Fri, 10. Feb 06, 21:58

I'm pretty sure its clean. If your still having problems then i came across a copy of my script at:
http://web.singnet.com.sg/~calvine/file ... 2.2006.spk
cool worked, thanks

arcana75
x3tc

Post by arcana75 » Sat, 11. Feb 06, 02:31

al_main, auctioning off a complex nets u 200k odd cr, regardless of the size of complex, and everything gets disconnected.

al_main
x3

Post by al_main » Sat, 11. Feb 06, 14:44

M N Lawrence:
The first error was a mistake in the part that checks how many wares to be auctioned and was easily fixed
The second error i've also found the cause and sorted (Seems to be a bug in SE that doesnt save the files properly if a certain command is used). I'm doing a quick set of tests now and i'll post the fixed version in half an hour or so.

Arcana75:
choosing to auction a complex currently only sells the hub, you can then either sell the stations aswell or choose not too. Hence the price you get from the initial auction is the money for the hub only. You then sell the rest of the complex seperately.

B-O'F
x3tc

Post by B-O'F » Sat, 11. Feb 06, 14:59

Hi al_main,

Glad you found the errors.
Will watch out for the update - I am still successfully buying stations.

Thanks,
Boron - Ol Fh'art

al_main
x3

Post by al_main » Sat, 11. Feb 06, 16:14

The factory side was fine, they were both errors in the wares side. I'm pretty sure i've fixed them all now.

1.32 Update available - RECCOMENDED MINIMUM VERSION as fixes problems with not recieving wares you have bought.

AL

B-O'F
x3tc

Post by B-O'F » Sat, 11. Feb 06, 18:04

Hi al_main,

Sorry for delay, had to wait for an offer to come through - then bid high (on 6 Gamma Photon Pulse Cannons - ouch) to make sure I won. Collected O.K in my modified Xperimental Shuttle. So this bug is fixed.

[Edit]
Just checked logbook, whole string of entries for the HQ and sectors - problem is in auction.bought - lines 5 and 6, probably left over from your testing - I have now commented them out in the game scripts.
Still waiting for more offers, seems good apart from this.
[/edit]

Thanks,

Boron Ol Fh'art

arcana75
x3tc

Post by arcana75 » Sat, 11. Feb 06, 18:38

al_main wrote:Arcana75:
choosing to auction a complex currently only sells the hub, you can then either sell the stations aswell or choose not too. Hence the price you get from the initial auction is the money for the hub only. You then sell the rest of the complex seperately.
Erm. For example, a 10 fab complex, which employs 9 complex kits. If u auction off the complex, u get back 200k odd, the price of 1 kit. But all 9 kits disappear and the 10 fabs become disconnected and back to their original 10 standalone fabs.

al_main
x3

Post by al_main » Sat, 11. Feb 06, 18:56

Yeah, i know. At the moment the auction only sells the hub.

For the time being you can think of it as only the hub is useful and the tubes as being scrap, having to be melted down to become useful again as you cant do anything with them. So the tubes arent really very valuble whereas the hub can be re-used.

I will look into it at some point and adjust the pricing so that you get more if your selling a bigger complex though. I'm not sure when though as i've got afew other scripts that need more adding to them too. Gonna try and 'finish...' them over the next few days. :)

AL

al_main
x3

Post by al_main » Mon, 13. Feb 06, 17:52

M N Lawrence wrote: [Edit]
Just checked logbook, whole string of entries for the HQ and sectors - problem is in auction.bought - lines 5 and 6, probably left over from your testing - I have now commented them out in the game scripts.
Still waiting for more offers, seems good apart from this.
[/edit]
Which version were these errors in? It sounds like some code i had in for testing but i dont get these messages is mine so its very possible that i already fixed this between 1.30 and 1.32.

I'll check through the script again anyway in afew minutes.

AL

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”