[AL Plugin] Stevio Weapons Dealer :: V2.10 :: 08/11/2006

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

What do you think?

Excellent
59%
Good
18%
OK
5%
Poor
5%
Not really my thing
13%

Total votes: 61

Hansaw
x3

Post by Hansaw » Thu, 11. Jan 07, 00:32

Hey Stevio no problem m8.

Only wanted to know and thought that was what the EMP version did, so no prob on that either.

If I download the other version will it add any wares that I have scripts for like the Advanced Sat and ECM System? or do I need the EMP Version to get those added and have to ignore the none scripted wares?

Thanks for fast reply.

Stay safe!
Hansaw sits for the 1st time in his brand new M3. After smilling happily to himself he looks about and becomes frustrated. "I paid enough for this ship, so where's the damn MP3 Player!" he yells

Stevio
x3tc

Post by Stevio » Thu, 11. Jan 07, 12:35

Hansaw wrote:If I download the other version will it add any wares that I have scripts for like the Advanced Sat and ECM System? or do I need the EMP Version to get those added and have to ignore the none scripted wares?
the Non-emp version only includes all the vanilla wares and the Vanilla Script wares "SS_WARE_SW_NEWX"

MAD_COMMANDER
x3ap

Post by MAD_COMMANDER » Wed, 31. Jan 07, 20:36

Thanks Stevio for the restocking but i had built a re-stocking loop for most the wae u can buy stations for its a great way of making money :)

xierxior
x3

Post by xierxior » Mon, 9. Jul 07, 01:38

I'm running this with XTM and "sometimes" when I buy something it stops restocking it self?

jhscott

Post by jhscott » Tue, 10. Jul 07, 04:27

Is there any way to reveal the location of the stations? I installed this script so that I wouldn't have to scrounge all over the universe to find things, and now I find out that I have to scrounge all over the universe to find the stations. ;)

Buck_Rogers
x3

Post by Buck_Rogers » Wed, 18. Jul 07, 00:04

sorry for sounding really, really dumb. but......

im guessing i havnt got the correct version installed since there are alot of blank spaces, "unknown" wares and a few other errors with my weapons fab.

my question is where do i find the emp version (if thats what i need)

i checked here: stevios download page

and could only find one spk file for the weapons dealer and no mention of wether or not it was the emp or non emp version

once again sorry for being dumb! :D
Buck Rogers

Vice Admiral of Shadows Haven Alliance (SHA) visit us at:
SHA Forum
Feel free to join my DID
Too often we lose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown. But only 4 to extend your arm and slap the bugger!

Stevio
x3tc

Post by Stevio » Fri, 20. Jul 07, 12:27

Maverick01 wrote:i checked here: stevios download page

and could only find one spk file for the weapons dealer
A new version is in the works so i dropped the EMP for now and i am only linking the non EMP version ;)
xierxior wrote:I'm running this with XTM and "sometimes" when I buy something it stops restocking it self?
noted ;)
its probably where its set up as a loop, it needs to be an al plugin ;)
which will be in the next version :)
jhscott wrote:Is there any way to reveal the location of the stations?
sorry not in this version...

tyvol
x4

Post by tyvol » Sun, 21. Oct 07, 09:40

Unusual situation...

I sent 20+ M3+ fighters to a Stevio Argon EQ WD for load-out, only to find out that this overloaded the docking capability of the station...

For a while, only one fighter could dock at a time, and then no docking was possible at all.

I (in my ship) couldn't dock and mucho freighters are hanging around it, trying to dock.

Trying to use the Comm/Docking Computer from my ship gives a "negative at this time" audio response.

Moved on to other Stevio EQ WD's with multiple fighters to load-out, but after a few single load-outs, no further docking was allowed.

I'm using EMP and your .spk file (17k+) dated 21 September 2007.

I now see that your currently available .spk file (much smaller) is dated in May of 2007 and that it may not be compatible with EMP.

...Not expecting any problem solving here if I happened to download an out of sequence version and I'm using it wrong...

Thought you'd like to know of the circumstance, however.

Let me know if you need more information!

This came out sort of as a complaint, but I assure you it is not!

I love this script and the huge amount of time it saves me!

Many Thanks For The Great Work On Your Part!

Cheers!
Bad spellers of the world, UNTIE!

Stevio
x3tc

Post by Stevio » Sun, 21. Oct 07, 10:57

trying to activate a docking command while close to a station is sometimes rejected its one of them annoying x3 things :P

you cannot dock that many ships to an EQ dock at the same time
there is a limited number of docks

the fact that it then no longer allows anything to dock is weird...
are the other fighters still docked to it or are their free docking slots?

tyvol
x4

Post by tyvol » Sun, 21. Oct 07, 19:59

There must be free docking slots as there are absolutely no other ships docked, fighter or otherwise...

I see that too many fighters is MY problem. I should have figured that out, of course...

Here's some more info, though:

As I move my too many "to be loaded-out" fighters to other Stevio WD's, after the first one "locked-up," the same situation repeated itself.

For a while, all the fighters hang around just inside the gate of the sector containing the next WD, while one at a time gets handled by the WD. Then eventually the WD lets nothing dock. I move on to another WD in another sector... Rinse. Repeat.

I now have 4 WD's "locked-up," because I stupidly kept sending the remaining "too many" bunch of ships to the next one, but as you've provided other WD's in other races/sectors, I'm still using these other WD's successfully by spreading the remaining fighters to several of them (two or three to each).

Funny thing, though, the remaining WD's still only take (dock) one ship at a time now.

I gotta get this fixed as this mod is a lifesaver...

What to do...

I'm thinking I will use the SE and delete all WD scripts, reset caches and save. I'll then replace your WD "script" files (12) and "t" files (1) in the X3 directory (from your original September .spk download), restart the saved game and see what happens...

I'll keep you posted...

Many thanks (!) for the quick response!

tyvol
x4

Post by tyvol » Mon, 22. Oct 07, 00:43

I guess I should've read all of this thread first...

As I'm sure you know, removing everything didn't help, as all WD's originally spawned were still there and working from the Save Games.

Except, of course, for the three which wouldn't allow my ship (or any other ship) to dock.

Getting a copy of the Hot Key Cheats from your download page allowed me to destroy these three non-functioning WD's without any problem. How simple, they are gone...

And, the "traffic jam" of ships hanging around each of them (not mine) cleared up immediately...

[BTW - only two of the Hot Key Cheats keys had the proper labels ("Destroy Target" and "Capture Target"). The others had some numbers with the words "Read-Text" leading the numbers - a function of install order? Or?]

Here's my question: Will your WD mod recreate more WD EQ docks by itself? If not, can I create one or two to replace them?

I see one of your scripts has the word "spawn docks" in it, but I thought I'd ask first, this time...

(I know how to run a script with null arguments - r, enter, enter, etc...)

As a result of all this, I came across and now also have your Shipyard mod as well! Truly great stuff you've built, I must say...

Cheers!

tyvol
x4

Post by tyvol » Sat, 27. Oct 07, 02:26

I just lost another WD that wouldn't allow any ships (mine or AI) to dock...

It was the last one that I'd swamped with too many ships and it never recovered. I removed it - AI ships wandered away...

Is there any way to launch the original WD station spawn script just to replace the ones that are no longer there?

Or, is there a way to create a couple more WD's?

I'd be most grateful for any guidance here...

Cheers!

tyvol
x4

Post by tyvol » Tue, 13. Nov 07, 02:32

Safest way to deinstall the WD script?

I'm not giving up, just starting over...

Cheers!

cale_online
x3ap

Post by cale_online » Mon, 4. Aug 08, 12:56

Bump!

you still out there Stevio? lol

your Weapon Dealers have run out of stock...lol
i'm running XTM (which has EMP built in?)

while this opens up alittle trade opportunity, its not very usefull seems any weapons and equipment i want, i have to buy, then sell to your dock, just to buy back again.
which defeats the point of it even being there!

is there anything that needs adjusting in the code?
or maybe a quick script someone can scribble up to refill the stocks of all its wares?

thanks!

Deathwalker1701
x3

Post by Deathwalker1701 » Thu, 14. Aug 08, 12:27

Same problem here.

Azaniah
x3tc

Post by Azaniah » Thu, 4. Sep 08, 18:47

Does anyone know if NPC use these stations? (Which might defeat the point of creating complexes to sell weapons).

Cheers

cale_online
x3ap

Post by cale_online » Thu, 4. Sep 08, 22:30

NPCs dont buy/sell weapons, iirc
however they do randomly dock and take up docking space for no reason other than to look like they're buying something.

btw, i randomly decided to look into the code for all 3 stevio station scripts (weaposn, fabs, and shipyards), and edited them alit.
1 to make the stations spawn alittle closer to the center (no more 50km hikes), and 2 to make them spawn a few more, seems i use XTM, and 2 for each race leaves them rather spread out, well shipyard one does, weapons and fabs dont matter seems they all stock identical items. lol

i did run into a random problem with XTM and the shipyard script.
if one decided to spawn in home of light, with that weird terracorp HQ thing, it seems to rename it to stevios shipyard, and make it useless. lol
simpley turning off the script and turning it on again via the AL plugin fixes it, providing it doesnt spawn back in home of light. lol

ldrix
x3tc

Help with Stevio Weapons Dealer

Post by ldrix » Mon, 15. Jun 09, 04:26

Stevio Weapons Dealer is no longer replenishing items I suspect the Shipyard is also failing. Does anyone have any ideas what might cause this? I had to reload my whole game with mods and I am wondering if there is an order problem or I did something else wrong with the re-installation.

{Forum Rule 12. Merge. jlehtone}

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”