[Script] Bulk Transporter Upgrade [1.14 Update 31.03.06]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Mastadan

Post by Mastadan » Tue, 20. Nov 07, 16:14

Hi,

i bought the Bulk transporter, the transporter device, both installed in my Mammoth. Thus we can say i got Emp working fine right? But i can't find a way to buy wares from distance (2-3km) i press ' I ' or 'i' and only the usual menu pops up, no buying from distance, nothin unsual.

Any help please?
Thanks.

pd. just found an option in the ship command console, Custom, 1. Bulk freighter, however it's harsh to use it because everytime you must select the sector and then the station/factory instead of a simple 5k approach, so there is no way to buy close to the station?

al_main
x3

Post by al_main » Thu, 22. Nov 07, 12:40

Recieved your PM Mastadan

Yeah you have to use the command to buy wares. It was the easiest way I could think of to implement it at the time. Using a hotkey so that you could target the station then press a button on the keyboard wont work, as there's no way to get input for the ware to buy or the amount needed when using a hotkey. (except for making a menu system out of incoming messages, which would prob not be as tidy as the current system)

So, erm this is prob the easiest way it can be implemented as far as I can think.

Mastadan

Post by Mastadan » Thu, 22. Nov 07, 15:20

Okay, thank you vm for fast answer and for your nice job :)

summland

Post by summland » Sat, 26. Apr 08, 05:46

I installed this and went and checked out the teladi equip dock but didn't see the transporter. Will it equip a Boron TL? Anything special I have to do besides just dock and buy it?

Brinnie
x3tc

Post by Brinnie » Sat, 26. Apr 08, 11:18

summland wrote:I installed this and went and checked out the teladi equip dock but didn't see the transporter. Will it equip a Boron TL? Anything special I have to do besides just dock and buy it?
I 'm not sure I understand what you mean, so forgive me if I advise you wrongly.

You buy the Bulk Transporter Upgrade for your TL from the teladi dock and the tranporter device from the goner temple ( course the TL can't dock there so you'll need to freight exchange it from another ship) then when they are both equipped you could for ex.:

tell your TL to "move to position" - "solar plant XL" ,it should get within range, I think 5km, next
>go to command console for the TL
> custom command
> first option should bulk transporter
on selecting it you'll be asked if you're buying or selling enter b or s and lastly it'll ask for the amount.

Hope this helps

summland

Post by summland » Sat, 26. Apr 08, 15:20

thanks!

summland

how to use this?

Post by summland » Sat, 3. May 08, 05:00

I'm testing it with my mako before spending two hours positioning my XL. That may be the problem. I have all the goodies and am 4 k from a power station. How do I access the command to do the trade without docking?

Brinnie
x3tc

Re: how to use this?

Post by Brinnie » Sat, 3. May 08, 10:58

summland wrote:I'm testing it with my mako before spending two hours positioning my XL. That may be the problem. I have all the goodies and am 4 k from a power station. How do I access the command to do the trade without docking?
I 've never tried it on anything else but a TL.

- Bring up the command console for the Mako
- Access the custom command section, the first option should bulk transporter
- when you select it you'll be asked if you're buying or selling, enter b(buy) or s (sell) and lastly it'll ask for the amount.

Try order you TL to "move to position", using its navigation menu, selecting the station to trade with as the position, it should move within range by itself sending a message when it has done (notify when done), it works for Solar Plants though it didn' t work for the HQ, not a problem cause TLs can dock there anyway.

summland

Post by summland » Sat, 3. May 08, 17:48

Ok, I'm "moving to" a spp. When I get there I click on the top slot for special sommands. The first slot says empty but the second one says bulk transfer and only allows it between ships. When the sector map comes up it only allows me to pick my ships..only thing showing on sctor list. What am I doing wrong? Is it because I'm experimenting with my mako instead of it being my dolphinXL?

Brinnie
x3tc

Post by Brinnie » Sat, 3. May 08, 19:41

Hello "summland" hopefully this will save you some time, I've done some experiments for you:

- I've equipped my Chimera (M3+) with the "Bulk Transporter Upgrade"
the Custom Command Menu did not show the entry for the B.T.U.
instead it showed:

1 - Enable Cargo Transporter (BEAM) , that's another script the "Freight Transporter Upgrade" I think.

2 - Remote docked update Transfer, that's another script the "Freight Exchange" I think.

- Then I've equipped a Caiman (TS) super freighter with the "B.T.U."
the Custom Command Menu did not show the entry for the B.T.U.
either, it showed:

1 - Remote docked update Transfer.

- I then tried with the Argon Mammoth (TL), told it to "move to position" and it worked fine.
A recap:

>command console for the TL
>custom command
> first option should be bulk transporter (it might be different for you)
on selecting it you'll be asked if you're buying or selling enter b or s and lastly it'll ask for the amount.

---

My conclusion is
don't waste your time trying it with anything else than a TL ship and possibly only with stations where they can't dock, usually any stations but Shipyards or Equipment Docks.

Very useful for Ore, Silicon Wafers, even Energy Cells if you wanna grab 40000+.

Hope this helps.

summland

Post by summland » Mon, 5. May 08, 00:19

Invaluble! Thanks.

summland

Post by summland » Mon, 5. May 08, 00:37

Hard lesson to learn after spending the start=up cash and putting it on my dolphin! Guess I'll hold on to it for later.

Brinnie
x3tc

Post by Brinnie » Mon, 5. May 08, 09:45

>>> Summland:

My info is based on that (short) experiment so I don't know if it is correct.

If you don't have a TL yet I'd recommend a Pachiderm, an Elephant for speed or a Mammoth for cargo space, I eventually bought one of each.

I think the TLs with "Beam Dock" and "bulk Transporter" are very versatile additions to your fleet, I am waiting for my Split rep to go up enough to buy a Machine Shop for the Elephant (although I was told it won't work in a normal TL) the idea being of turning it into a cheap full military support ship.

orion_1394
x3tc

Post by orion_1394 » Fri, 26. Sep 08, 14:59

Right this post looks old but i need an answer.

I started a new game and just for a test i used LV's add ware cheat to give me a bulk transporter. I'm with a brand new Mercury TS went 5KM near the trade station in Herrons Nebula. checked all the order classes and when i clicked on trade the grame crashed.

Does this sript clash with any current scripts? other i have on are:
Adv. Jumpdrive
Adv. Mineral Scanner
Asteroid Creator
Bail Signal Extension
BBS extras
BBS race reparations
Bounty Boost
---Bulk Transporter---
Cargo Sheild Array
Community Extended Mod Pack
Dock TS
Extra Missions Pack
LV's Cheats
Magic Crystals
Numeric Ranks
Overtune BBS
Player Friendly Equipment Docks - And Shipyards
Salvage Network
Sector Takeover (disabled)
Software and Upgrade transfer
Super Tractor
Teladi Universe Banking Systems
Tracker Mines
Warehouse (by Nividium)

oh and if i'm doing everything wrong just put out a step by step guide on using it please i'm slow minded...
Time You Enjoy Wasting, Was Not Wasted

Khaak_Slayer
x4

Post by Khaak_Slayer » Thu, 16. Oct 08, 17:37

Why was this never added-on to allow the universe traders to use it? It would save so much time
Rawr.

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Sat, 25. Oct 08, 20:53

Hi al_main,

Not sure if you still frequent these forums but I was wondering if you'd planned to rewrite this useful script for Terran Conflict?

Thanks,

Scoob.

dpadula
x4

Post by dpadula » Tue, 3. Feb 09, 21:32

Is there a way to remove this script and the ware that it creates in a saved game? I can't use it because it conflicts with another script that I use for trading. It has already placed it in all Teledi EQs. If I uninstall the script though it just leaves a readtext17-10573. I know that I can probably leave the script installed if I need to and never buy the ware so it does not cause an issue but I prefer it removed completely.
-----
Dell Precision 3600
12 gb ram
Nvidia 1060
256 gd boot ssd and 1 tb data ssd
Windows 10

thunderai
x3tc

Post by thunderai » Mon, 27. Apr 09, 17:35

I cant even find the item after installing it with the plugin manager. No teladi equipment dock has it.

Peanutcat
x4

Post by Peanutcat » Sat, 6. Aug 11, 02:27

i recive an error trying to install

[ external image ]
F signature

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sun, 7. Aug 11, 15:32

The new Plugin Manager should come with an spk-tool that can convert old spk-files to the new format.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”