[Mod] Ashleys Factories L + XL + XXL V2.5 *Updated 09/11/2007*

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Should XL food and XL Mines be inported to X3?

XL Food Yes
5%
XL Mines Yes
9%
XL Food No
0%
XL Mines No
2%
Yes for XL Plants!
80%
No! XL Plants
3%

Total votes: 715

PabloRSA
x4

Post by PabloRSA » Sun, 5. Feb 06, 10:38

Try adding them manualy via a script.
Add / Remove primary resources.
Not sure how you would get the script to run when soemone places a station.
A short solution would be to check the universe every xx seconds for these stations then check for a local variable on the station and add to them if its a new one.

Fachtna
x3

Post by Fachtna » Tue, 7. Feb 06, 18:18

so you reckon this is sorted yet?
or is it fixable?

i am holding off placing anything other than XL power plants in anticipation.

If it aint fixable, i will have to start buying normal stations....

Dgn Master
x3tc

Post by Dgn Master » Tue, 7. Feb 06, 22:59

Just a few more questions to add to Fachtna's above.

Are you still trying to fix/work on this?

Will it work as intended if i start a new game and just cheat back in the credits and rank i currently have?

As mentioned above can you try to just use a loop to check the universe every X minutes and adjust the primary/secondary of a factory after placed?

I really want to use these stations without having to install the beta patch, so as to make my life and complex management easier, if necessary could you find someone to help you with the coding if your unsure of how to proceed?

Thanks
Could the parents of the little Argon girl, Suzie, please claim her sealed jar of remains?
She didn't mind the gap and ended up vapourized!

fud
x3

Post by fud » Thu, 9. Feb 06, 19:44

I noticed last night also, that the Crystal Fab L has a cycle time of 59 seconds, while the regular Ms are 8 minutes. Should it be 8x faster?

Wudnutr
x3

Post by Wudnutr » Thu, 16. Feb 06, 10:13

Could you combine this mod with the DDR Shipmod? Pretty, pretty please? :) If it's even possible, tried the X3 mod manager but no go...

fud
x3

Post by fud » Wed, 1. Mar 06, 16:11

Just a bump, since I've as late become really interested in this. Any signs of Ashley lately?

Fachtna
x3

Post by Fachtna » Wed, 1. Mar 06, 20:22

i think he is waiting for the next release. 1.3.2 or summat

shame, cos i think a lot of people are waiting on this. i know i have started a new game and have placed nowt but xl spp's in anticipation

and have 400 million in cash just a waiting to pend on xl crystal fabs etc :)

fud
x3

Post by fud » Wed, 1. Mar 06, 20:34

I hear ya. It's really easy to make XLs, but like I said (maybe in the other thread), they'd ALL be XL. As it's just a matter of changing one number in the tfact values. So, all crystal fabs, player or NPC would be XL (or any other fab type changed this way). I think it would translate into an economic meltdown.

I don't know if the placement in the tfact file is crucial, or what the deal is. I still for the life of me, haven't found the waretemplate.xml. Maybe I'm blind?

The only issue seems to be getting the resource/requirements right for the new fabs. Getting them into the game and shipyards is pretty cake.

It's frustrating as f**k. :evil:

Have you tried his mod with the new game? Maybe that has something to do with it?

Armegeddon
x4

Post by Armegeddon » Thu, 2. Mar 06, 08:52

I've released a script that allows custom factories to be setup for whatever products/resources you want to put into the configuration file. Please read the information on what it can do and how to set it up correctly. I'll release a configuration file by this weekend that sets up the XL fabs. If I don't get too tired of working on it, I'll make one that is a combination of this mod and DDRS.

Custom Factory Setup Library v1.0
There is a thin line between genius & insanity i have erased this line

Armegeddon's X3 scripts and mods

Saint-Ashley
x4

Post by Saint-Ashley » Fri, 3. Mar 06, 00:12

Armegeddon wrote:I've released a script that allows custom factories to be setup for whatever products/resources you want to put into the configuration file. Please read the information on what it can do and how to set it up correctly. I'll release a configuration file by this weekend that sets up the XL fabs. If I don't get too tired of working on it, I'll make one that is a combination of this mod and DDRS.
Armegeddon that sounds like a good idea to me, as I am YET to figure out why I cant add in resources in Waretemplate.xml (which is located under the extracted maps directory) Im suprized a scripter hasent done this alerdy, (as I cannont script :P)

Ashley
Last edited by Saint-Ashley on Fri, 3. Mar 06, 05:04, edited 1 time in total.

fud
x3

Post by fud » Fri, 3. Mar 06, 00:18

Ashley, I just posted in Stevio's combat fabs thread. I managed to get it to work, as far as I can tell. But I think it will only work on a new game. Which sorta makes sense.I started a new game and it worked like a charm. Proper resources needed and proper production rate for the XL (5x the M). It's purely a mod the way I'm doing it. As I don't have a script to do anything, other than a quick edit on Stevio's shipyard to add the new fab to it.

Gonna add a few more to see if they work as well.

Puruco
x3

Post by Puruco » Fri, 3. Mar 06, 16:27

Sorry, but I still don't understand what do this script? I think that I can buy any XL factory in one place for making complex?

fud
x3

Post by fud » Fri, 3. Mar 06, 17:01

It allows you to buy XL-sized versions of fabs that aren't normally available. One immediate benefit being that you can use all XL-sized fabs in a complex, greatly reducing the need for several smaller stations to accomplish the same thing. (for example, 1 crystal XL vs 5 Ms).

That said, there's an issue *making* the big fabs, as they aren't normally in the game. Their required resources are all mucked up. I've been doing some testing the last couple nights, and have only found ways it doesn't work.

However, I *think* (beyond a reasonable doubt) that I've gotten the Crystal Fab L/XL problem under control. That in itself would be a big bonus. I need to try some more things to confirm it. It just seems the other fabs are more stubborn.

Puruco
x3

Post by Puruco » Fri, 3. Mar 06, 19:10

fud wrote:It allows you to buy XL-sized versions of fabs that aren't normally available. One immediate benefit being that you can use all XL-sized fabs in a complex, greatly reducing the need for several smaller stations to accomplish the same thing. (for example, 1 crystal XL vs 5 Ms).

That said, there's an issue *making* the big fabs, as they aren't normally in the game. Their required resources are all mucked up. I've been doing some testing the last couple nights, and have only found ways it doesn't work.

However, I *think* (beyond a reasonable doubt) that I've gotten the Crystal Fab L/XL problem under control. That in itself would be a big bonus. I need to try some more things to confirm it. It just seems the other fabs are more stubborn.
Ok, but there is a shpyard like Stevio script or all the XL fabs are distribute around all shpyards. Thanks for the super fast answer Fud. :wink:

fud
x3

Post by fud » Fri, 3. Mar 06, 19:39

Well, that's his combat fabs shipyard. If there are XL fabs in it, it's due to Ashley's mod+script (this thread). Armageddon made a library for the proper resources for the combat fabs. I was playing around with a way to set the resources correctly in Ashley's XL fabs. You can fix them, via script, but it's for each station (aka very tedious). I'm trying to sort out how to make them right when you buy them in the first place.

There's a key somewhere in the files, it just needs to be found.

Puruco
x3

Post by Puruco » Fri, 3. Mar 06, 19:57

fud wrote:Well, that's his combat fabs shipyard. If there are XL fabs in it, it's due to Ashley's mod+script (this thread). Armageddon made a library for the proper resources for the combat fabs. I was playing around with a way to set the resources correctly in Ashley's XL fabs. You can fix them, via script, but it's for each station (aka very tedious). I'm trying to sort out how to make them right when you buy them in the first place.

There's a key somewhere in the files, it just needs to be found.
Ok, thanks fud...

fud
x3

Post by fud » Sat, 4. Mar 06, 00:07

Well, after some more testing I've come to a conclusion: It's a lot smarter than I am. No matter what I tried *something* was screwed up.

I can add in L/XL crystal fabs, with correct stats (resources/production rates), but it cocks up everything else. Any other addition, ie space fuel XL, messes up everything else too, and it's not even right to begin with. It needed ecells, and bogas or plankton or soja husk....

I really think it has to do with something in the order listed in the tfact file. It didn't seem to make any difference at all where I put the stuff in the waretemplate file.

So, I give up. I don't have enough beer for this.

Armegeddon
x4

Post by Armegeddon » Sat, 4. Mar 06, 07:38

Good news. I finished the configuration library for use with the XL fab mod. You can grab it, as well as V1.2 of my Library (fixing a couple more bugs) from http://forum2.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=130736.

All that's required for it be work with Ashley's mod is for her(?) to call the script from the the setup script of the mod.

@SaintAshley: Feel free to include the main library files, as well as the configuration library, in your mod package.

I'll work on a configuration library for use with a combined DDRS and XL fab mods this weekend. Since I don't have the webspace to host a complete altered DDRS mod (it's 11Megs) I'll just include the modified tfactories.xml with the config library along with instructions on how to add it into DDRS.

fud
x3

Post by fud » Sat, 4. Mar 06, 14:20

Very nice. Thanks. At least I came away from it with *some* knowledge anyway. :)

Cheers.

Armegeddon
x4

Post by Armegeddon » Sun, 5. Mar 06, 00:42

Ashley's XL fabs merged with DDRS 2.1d
Uses Cycrows installer.

Please make sure to read the .txt file prior to starting a game.

You will have to make the DDRS mod into a false patch in order to use this. Find out the highest number .cat and .dat files in your main X3 directory. Rename the DDRS .cat/.dat from the mods folder to one higher. ie: If the highest .cat/.dat is 06.cat/06.dat (the 1.3.2Beta patch), rename the DDRS mod to 07.cat and 07.dat. Copy/Move the renamed DDRS mod from the mods folder to the main X3 folder. Install the merged mod using Cycrows installer. Select 'Ashleys XL facts for use with DDRS 2.1d' from the Select Mod Package in the X3 start window. Play.

The only changes I made to SaintAshley's files:
Update the .txt to reflect the new installation instructions, and provide some information about the changed mod.
Added a call to the mod setup script calling the configuration library.
Included my Custom Factory Setup Library so it doesn't need to installed seperately.

Please note that when a new patch is released by Egosoft, you will need to rename or delete the altered DDRS .cat/.dat files from the main X3 folder prior to applying the patch.
Please wait a couple of days after a patch is released for any changes that need to be implemented to any mods before using them.

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”