[Mod] Ashleys Factories L + XL + XXL V2.5 *Updated 09/11/2007*

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Should XL food and XL Mines be inported to X3?

XL Food Yes
5%
XL Mines Yes
9%
XL Food No
0%
XL Mines No
2%
Yes for XL Plants!
80%
No! XL Plants
3%

Total votes: 715

Fachtna
x3

Post by Fachtna » Mon, 30. Jan 06, 20:58

i selcted your mod, and savegames cant load :(

however, i am happy to try a new game to see if it works. :)

can always use lv's cheat scripts to quickly get back to where i was.

but on the downside, i lose my mercenary/assassins/smugglers guild rankings. :(

but i get the fun of building them up again :twisted:

will let you know how i get on.

EDIT: IGNORE THE NEXT BIT (kept it in for info)
For info: found a post stating that an L is 5 normal stations, so 2 cattle L = 1 cattle XL. me happy :)

has anyone worked out the changes this will make to the self contained drug emporium?

1 spp xl
1 silicon mine l (+50 yield)
2 cattle l
2 cahoona l
5 crystal fabs m
2 bliss place l
2 dream farm l
2 wheat farm l
2 distilleryl

that set up sustains itself.

how will your xl cattle cahoona, etc fit into it?

will we just be able to swap the 5 crystal fabs for one xl?

i mean, this is a major change to the way the factory resource usage will be implemented etc, and i wouldnt like to overstretch by placing all xl facts

Saint-Ashley
x4

Post by Saint-Ashley » Mon, 30. Jan 06, 21:34

fachtna wrote:has anyone worked out the changes this will make to the self contained drug emporium?

1 spp xl
1 silicon mine l (+50 yield)
2 cattle l
2 cahoona l
5 crystal fabs m
2 bliss place l
2 dream farm l
2 wheat farm l
2 distilleryl

that set up sustains itself.

how will your xl cattle cahoona, etc fit into it?

will we just be able to swap the 5 crystal fabs for one xl?
1 spp XL
1 silicon mine XL (+25 yield, I beleive)
1 cattle XL
1 cahoona XL
1 crystal fab XL
1 bliss place XL
1 dream farm XL
1 wheat farm XL
1 distillery XL

That should be excatly equal to haveing the same setup with smaller fabs (If the SPP can proveide the power , only difference is 19 fabs vers 9. Which one would you rather set up?
fachtna wrote:i selcted your mod, and savegames cant load

This was acknowledged in my first post.

SaintAshley wrote: Known Issues:

- Does have problems loading existig games (X3 may crash
or factories may be replaced by a different type). For
these reasons its suggested you *Backup* your game
saves and/or the best solution, Create a New Game.

SaintAshley wrote: Well I just tried a few times to load a save game with defult scripts, X3 crashes for me :o .

Ashley
Last edited by Saint-Ashley on Mon, 30. Jan 06, 22:16, edited 1 time in total.

Naffarin
x3

Post by Naffarin » Mon, 30. Jan 06, 21:41

Ashley, maybe you could try to move lines 13 and 14 with the argon crystal fabs to the end of the file, but ahead of the other races (else the setup script will be broken)
I think the crashes are due to the order of factories being changed.

I forgot to mention it in the other post, but i did this before adding the TFactories file.

Saint-Ashley
x4

Post by Saint-Ashley » Mon, 30. Jan 06, 22:15

Ashley, maybe you could try to move lines 13 and 14 with the argon crystal fabs to the end of the file, but ahead of the other races (else the setup script will be broken)
I think the crashes are due to the order of factories being changed.

I forgot to mention it in the other post, but i did this before adding the TFactories file.
No matter how the script is, it shouldnt make a difference because the TFactories is pratically set in stone and caint be changed (while in game), so the order that the script calls should have no impact on the stations. As the script assigns a station a variable then later sends it to libs.setup.product.placement for placement into shipyards.

Furthermore, I cannont recreate the problem your haveing and im not receiveing any information from others as to if its working corectly for them.

Ashley

Fachtna
x3

Post by Fachtna » Mon, 30. Jan 06, 23:00

ok. feedback so far

cheated like a cheaty thing to test this....

created the folowing in elona's fortune (keep getting this bloody sector mixed up with Guild Wars's Elonas Reach, but you know the one i mean)...

1 SPP XL
1 Crystal Fab XL
1 Silicon Mine XL (on a scripted 200 yield asteroid)
1 Cattle Ranch XL
1 Cahoona Bakery XL
1 Wheat Farm XL
1 Space Fuel Distillery XL
1 Dream Farm XL
1 Bliss Place XL

Its churning out the cash just as good as the 18 station Drug Hub. Even better, this allows me 5 ware instead of the 2 with the previous setup. with the 18 station, i had fuel and weed as wares. with this i get those 2, wheat, swamp plant and argnu beef.

I havent checked any of the other factories etc.

I have noticed that this doesnt work with the NoCivilian mod, but i can live with that. (Game wont load, and wants to send a report away)

I havent checked the prices for the entire setup. For speed i just scripted the stations. But previous price was around 67 million. dunno if the new stations will add up to the same costs, but it isnt a major issue.

And the Hub setup is a hell of a lot tidier, so hopefully less pissed and drugged up NPC's crashing into my connecting tubes.

Impression so far: Dogs Bollox

:D :D :D :D

Will let you know if i spot anything else weird or wonderful about this script.

(Major pat on back)

Naffarin
x3

Post by Naffarin » Mon, 30. Jan 06, 23:05

I can only tell you what i saw in my game, which was that the stations were broken when i used your original mod, and it worked when i moved the argon crystal fab definitions to the end of the file.
But doing so caused the setup script to take the boron factories into the definitions for $a and $b instead of the argon ones. This is why i told you to move the argon crystal fabs to the end of the file but ahead of your other factory definitions.
This is why i believe that the order of the TFactories file is important (for existing saves) and you deliberately changed that thus breaking the save.
I was not talking at all about changing the tfactories definitions while ingame but about your mod changing the default ordering of the TFactories file.
As for no one reporting problems...i wouldn't care about people that are not complaining but about the ones that are because those are the ones that have problems.

Fachtna
x3

Post by Fachtna » Mon, 30. Jan 06, 23:10

naffarin, are you talking about all stations, or just the new L and XL ones?

could you explain "broken" so that other forum users could verify on our savegames?

Saint-Ashley
x4

Post by Saint-Ashley » Tue, 31. Jan 06, 01:40

Naffarin wrote:This is why i told you to move the argon crystal fabs to the end of the file but ahead of your other factory definitions.
This is why i believe that the order of the TFactories file is important (for existing saves) and you deliberately changed that thus breaking the save.
Naffarin, how I made the TFactories was adding all the stations to the end of the file, but upon save/reload doubleshadows x3 editor assorted them.

Also I had edited the TFactories before to add in deadlys roid base (same way as ive done in these factories), had no problems.

Are your attempting to run this with another mod/or a *false patch* mod?
fachtna wrote:I have noticed that this doesnt work with the NoCivilian mod, but i can live with that. (Game wont load, and wants to send a report away)
I find that odd as well... I have my own mod that has at least 10 different mods combined for my own use, includeing the no civs, of course I dont have problems with mine. Whose no civs mod you using or did you just delete the ship lines 6001-6004 (I belevive thats the civ ships)?

Ashley

Naffarin
x3

Post by Naffarin » Tue, 31. Jan 06, 09:49

SaintAshley wrote:
Naffarin wrote:This is why i told you to move the argon crystal fabs to the end of the file but ahead of your other factory definitions.
Naffarin, how I made the TFactories was adding all the stations to the end of the file, but upon save/reload doubleshadows x3 editor assorted them.

Also I had edited the TFactories before to add in deadlys roid base (same way as ive done in these factories), had no problems.

Are your attempting to run this with another mod/or a *false patch* mod?

Ashley
When i installed your mod first time i used it the false patch form, renaming it to 07.cat and 07.dat. I was running a modified version blackrains rebalancing mod at that time containing the no nebulas and a slightly changed version of TBullets to avoid the swg bug. But the mod does not contain a modified TFactories.txt

When i noticed the shifts in the factories i removed the mod and compared original TFactories to your version, seeing that line 13 and 14 with the argon fabs were inserted into the original declarations while the other races were appended to the end of the file.

I changed that then so that the argon factories were at the end of the file so that the other races crystal fabs came first and then the argons and added that file to 06.cat/dat (i have to use existing cats because i only have x2 archiver installed).
This removed the bug with the factory types, but the setup script was changed automatically as the references obviously had moved, so instead of $a= Argon Crystal Fab L it contained Boron Crystal Fab M.

So in conclusion i would expect that a new game won't cause any trouble because the references are correct from the very beginning but any saved game becomes "corrupted".

Naffarin
x3

Post by Naffarin » Tue, 31. Jan 06, 12:36

Another remark, i doubt that it is a good idea to rename the station ids in TFactories to SS_FAC_A_TECH205_1 and SS_FAC_A_TECH205_2, because these ids don't exist in the file WareTemplate.xml so npc factories will not produce with the usual resources.

It doesn't help with the player owned factories though, which just need energy cells to produce crystals.

Fachtna
x3

Post by Fachtna » Tue, 31. Jan 06, 13:22

SaintAshley wrote: I find that odd as well... I have my own mod that has at least 10 different mods combined for my own use, includeing the no civs, of course I dont have problems with mine. Whose no civs mod you using or did you just delete the ship lines 6001-6004 (I belevive thats the civ ships)?

Ashley
No Civilians v1.0 by cactus

Saint-Ashley
x4

Post by Saint-Ashley » Tue, 31. Jan 06, 16:14

Naffarin wrote:Another remark, i doubt that it is a good idea to rename the station ids in TFactories to SS_FAC_A_TECH205_1 and SS_FAC_A_TECH205_2, because these ids don't exist in the file WareTemplate.xml so npc factories will not produce with the usual resources.

It doesn't help with the player owned factories though, which just need energy cells to produce crystals.
According to nuclear_eclipse the npcs wont even buy these factories so that shouldnt become a problem.

After I get back from my morning classes im just going to rewrite the whole TFactories, all I have to do is copy the stations and append it to a different file. Anyways a new version will be released today sometime, hopefully this will solve saveing.

Ashley

nuclear_eclipse
x3tc

Post by nuclear_eclipse » Tue, 31. Jan 06, 18:19

To clarify, as long as the stations arre listed past the normal 'end' of the factories list, the NPC's won't use them because it is out or range for their normal set of stations as defined in the galaxy map. If you wanted them to use the stations, you'd need to update the galaxy map to include the stations as actual or 'possible' station locations (how npc station purchases are handled). But by doing that, you WOULD need to start a new game for that to take effect.

EDIT: Try turning off the sorting methods in Doubleshadow's editor. Perhaps that is what is causing the movement of station definitions in the T file...

Fachtna
x3

Post by Fachtna » Tue, 31. Jan 06, 21:49

eeeh.

dunno if this is what naffarin means by "broken", but my stations are broken :)

My rimes fact needs energy and argnu beef to make rimes. (this is the only one i checked before the memory leak in x3 forced a reboot)

my self contained hub, 1 XL SPP/cattle/cahoona/silicon/crystal fab has argnu as a sellable product. i would have thought that it would have offered no wares for sale, as it uses them all.

hope you can get this sorted, as this is still a superb idea

Saint-Ashley
x4

Post by Saint-Ashley » Tue, 31. Jan 06, 22:31

nuclear_eclipse wrote:EDIT: Try turning off the sorting methods in Doubleshadow's editor. Perhaps that is what is causing the movement of station definitions in the T file...
Thanks Nuke, though that would have been helpful if I looked at the forum before rewriteing the TFactories... :lol: My faught there.

Fachtna wrote:my self contained hub, 1 XL SPP/cattle/cahoona/silicon/crystal fab has argnu as a sellable product. i would have thought that it would have offered no wares for sale, as it uses them all.
I have the new version ready but Im going to test that problem first. I think I know why your getting argnu as a sellable product, as this is a XL factory it wasnt intended by egosoft to have XL factorys to supply another factory. Im sure you had Energy Cells, Argnu Beef, Meatsteak Cahoonas, Crystals, and Silicon Waffers, as products correct?

Testing new version for these misshapps, oh did I mention I was able to load an old game! :P

Edit: I hope that fixed what ever the problem was, New Version! It is confirmed you can load saves now! :P (Provideing you didnt use this mod alerdy.)

Ashley

Tomcat
x3tc

Post by Tomcat » Wed, 1. Feb 06, 00:37

Hi,

i just tested the mod, unfortunately i found a problem: some factories only need Energy Cells as resource, like the Cahoona Bakery XL or the Crystal Fab XL, that's why people get the the problem with products where no product should be. Like argnu beef as product in a cahoona/cattle ranch complex.

Saint-Ashley
x4

Post by Saint-Ashley » Wed, 1. Feb 06, 04:31

Tomcat wrote:some factories only need Energy Cells as resource, like the Cahoona Bakery XL or the Crystal Fab XL
Thank You Tomcat I now have info on WHAT factories are messed up :P

Will check this out...

Edit: I belevie I found the problem, its going to be a long lengthy fix, and will probally alow NPC use as well. As I found how to add resources in the WareTemplate.xml. Will try to have this solved once and for all by tomorrow...

Edit: Well I have edited WareTemplate.xml, but it doesnt seem to have fixed the factories resources. Actully it doesnt seem to have done anything what so ever. Any help to as how factories are assigned resources could be a great help. Thanks.

Ashley

Papio
x3ap

Post by Papio » Sat, 4. Feb 06, 13:17

No idea how to help sorry, i just noticed that my soyery wasn't eating the soy beans :(

Fachtna
x3

Post by Fachtna » Sat, 4. Feb 06, 20:37

No idea either, but i really hope you get this sorted. is a magic idea.

did naffarin not give you some advice on how to sort this?

Saint-Ashley
x4

Post by Saint-Ashley » Sun, 5. Feb 06, 00:29

Unfornately this thread has been running dry for the past few days. I think I may have it sorted out for the 1.3.2 BETA version once I get a chance to check. Im hopeing WareTemplete.xml is the only additional file I need to edit. Ive been out of ideas to *fix* this resource problem since I attempted to fix it.

Ashley

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”