[AL Plugin] Stevio Fab Supplier :: V3.02 :: 24/09/2006

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

What do you think?

Excellent
67%
Good
17%
OK
7%
Poor
3%
Not really my thing
5%

Total votes: 58

Armegeddon
x4

Post by Armegeddon » Thu, 2. Mar 06, 08:48

My script is available finally: Custom Factory Setup Library v1.0
There is a thin line between genius & insanity i have erased this line

Armegeddon's X3 scripts and mods

Stevio
x3tc

Post by Stevio » Thu, 2. Mar 06, 09:00

nice work,

i hope you don't mind me incorperating it into this script, seing as some of the stations need your script to work properly :wink:

cheers

stevio

Armegeddon
x4

Post by Armegeddon » Thu, 2. Mar 06, 09:05

Nope, feel free to use it, modify it, mutilate it, get kinky with it. I was planning on making a configuration script that would setup your fabs, but don't expect to have it ready until this weekend. If you are able to put one together before then, I will just do the configs for Ashley's factories with and without DDRS. That will also let me know if there is anything I should change to the script to make it easier to use.

Armegeddon
x4

Post by Armegeddon » Thu, 2. Mar 06, 10:21

Had a major bug in my script that would prevent any other setup files from being executed due to the waits in the setup. Fix is uploaded now.

targettio
x3

Post by targettio » Thu, 2. Mar 06, 13:37

Hi im having a little trouble with this script.

i have bought several of the stations that are avaiable, light sheild and IRE etc.

the porblem is the station doesnt have any finial products. it has resources required section (e-cells, food, ore) and the process timer is 0:00.

im running the script with the XL Fabs mod, which i understand could be the problem.

but is there going to be fix, or something i can do to sort it?

cheers
targ

fud
x3

Post by fud » Thu, 2. Mar 06, 14:34

Cool. I'll give this a shot tonight.

Stevio
x3tc

Post by Stevio » Thu, 2. Mar 06, 17:11

Armegeddon wrote:My script is available finally: Custom Factory Setup Library v1.0
you can download this This.

which will soon be in corperated anyway. (once i get the script manager to function properly :roll: )

fud
x3

Post by fud » Thu, 2. Mar 06, 17:21

Quick question, are the NPC-now-player complexes still "S" sized? So, two High Yield Complexes linked together would be 2xS?

I think someone may have to adjust the complex calculator... :P

I think changing the purchase amounts would be a fairly fair thing to do as well. Granted, that's in the Tfact, not a script. Maybe all three (the library, combat fabs and L/XL fabs) could be combined into a single package?

That said, what would be a fair price for an FAA comp (for example)? 15M-20M, the price of a single BFAA fab + an AFAA fab?

Stevio
x3tc

Post by Stevio » Thu, 2. Mar 06, 17:49

1. i don't know how to mod and fankly i wouldn't even try (might be messy :D ) Best if someone else did it :wink:

2. prices could be determined like this:

Cost of AHEPT Forge + Cost of BHEPT Forge = Cost of HEPT Complex
Cost of APAC Forge + Cost of BPAC Forge = Cost of PAC Complex

Etc. Etc.

fud
x3

Post by fud » Thu, 2. Mar 06, 17:56

stevio wrote:1. i don't know how to mod and fankly i wouldn't even try (might be messy :D ) Best if someone else did it :wink:

2. prices could be determined like this:

Cost of AHEPT Forge + Cost of BHEPT Forge = Cost of HEPT Complex
Cost of APAC Forge + Cost of BPAC Forge = Cost of PAC Complex

Etc. Etc.

1. It's not too hard. It requires one value adjustment. That said, I'm not sure how the actual mechanics work with the multipliers (quite frankly, I think I can live NOT knowing). I just know making the number bigger increase the price, and the opposite. :D

2. Sounds fair, that was kind of my idea. :P

I'll have to get one of these running tonight to test it out. See what the production rates are, etc, etc.

I honestly think this adds a whole new aspect to it. Tho, as I said, the task of figuring out the resource demand/requirements may take a bit of time to test. :)

fud
x3

Post by fud » Fri, 3. Mar 06, 00:06

On a new game start, the waretemplate.xml edit took. I added a new crys fab XL in the tfactories, and edited the waretemp file. It was actually quite easy.

I backed up my saves, credited in some money/rank and bought a Mammoth at the Stevio Shipyard. I then bought a Crystal Fab XL, and put it in space.

Click on details, resources: Ecells, Cahoonas, Silicon. Whattya know.

Now, the only drawback with this, is obviously the game restart. While some would have a huge problem with it, I do not. I was planning on starting a new one anyway, this just gave me a logical reason to do so. I'm sure armageddon's library will resolve this so it can be used with a saved game. Maybe this is an alternate for those that want to start a new game, I dunno.

Was thinking about modifying your shipyard script to create a new shipyard with all the L/XL fabs, if that's ok? Is there a way to make it a one-stop shop for all races? ie, have one shipyard that carries all the new L/XL fabs for the respective races. As opposed to making a separate shipyard for each race. Then again, maybe race-specific shipyards with the big fabs isn't a bad idea. Plop em in a sector without one...

Otherwise, I added an Argon Crystal XL and Boron Crystal XL to the shipyard, but it just lists them both as Crystal Fab XL, with no distinction between races. I'm assuming it's a fairly easy work around?

Armegeddon
x4

Post by Armegeddon » Fri, 3. Mar 06, 01:31

@fud: In your new game with the waretemplate.xml changes, do the fabs with multiple products still produce both products when they are placed in a complex? I tested a couple using my library and the fab would work fine by themselves, but once they are placed in a complex with another station they would only produce one of the products.

fud
x3

Post by fud » Fri, 3. Mar 06, 01:48

Hmm. I'm still in the process of editing the xml file. Got all the tfactories done, just need to put them into the other file. Lemme get the fuel/weed XLs in and I'll make a quick test complex.

Edit: Baffled. The Crystal Fab XL when it's the only XL added, seems to work fine. I just placed a Space Fuel XL, it needed ecells and crystals. Bliss place only needed ecells.

I thought I made a discovery, but it turns out I just discovered another way it doesn't work.

Didn't get a chance to connect any two together, as it seemed moot with the resources cocked up.

I'll try just the crystal fab, and try to hook it to a couple others.

Edit2: Only modded in a Crystal Fab XL. Hooked it up to an SPP XL w/kit, runs like it should (needs ecells, cahoonas, sil, 8:00 cycle). Now, that doesn't necessarily mean it will with another XL Fab combination. I have a hunch it's the way the waretemplate.xml is laid out.

I'll continue on this tomorrow, right now I'm utterly worn out.

Armegeddon
x4

Post by Armegeddon » Sat, 4. Mar 06, 07:42

@Stevio: I finished a configuration library for use with Ashley's XL fab mod. It's available for download, along with V1.2 of the Library (fixing couple more bugs) http://forum2.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=130736.
You can take a look at it to see how I'm sending the information on setting up the factories if you need to. I'll be working of a file for a combined DDRS and Ashley's XL mod over the weekend. After I finish that, if you want, I'll work on one for use with Combat Fabs, unless you want to take a crack at it.

Hieronymos
x3

Post by Hieronymos » Sun, 5. Mar 06, 00:12

Stevio, fabulous script (along with the WpnDlr and Shpyrd): but is there no way the prices of most of the weapons complexes can be increased to realistic levels? (says I, guiltily having established a chain of weapon mega-fab complexes last nite on the cheap..) Makes the game WAY too easy..

Also: having Argon non-weapon fabs of various sizes would also be really handy...i.e. not have to go off to LightofHrt for a L OreMn. If possible, for playbalancing issues, you could even make hard-to-get fabs 20-30% MORE expensive in return for convenient access.

Stevio
x3tc

Post by Stevio » Sun, 5. Mar 06, 09:54

i am planning on adding every station in the game (within reason). i won't be adding the marauder, or terracorp HQ etc. as they are plot stations.

i wouldn't expect anything soon, it is a big project. there are loads of factories even without the M, L and XL classes.

but eventually i'll have it done :roll:

cheers

stevio

fud
x3

Post by fud » Sun, 5. Mar 06, 16:13

Hehe, I just took replaced all the ships from the shipyard that I'd never buy (cluster/Xenon, etc) with stations. :P

Also, added the system override mk2, jumpdrive kit, and camoflage device to the weapons dealer. :D

Stevio
x3tc

Post by Stevio » Sun, 5. Mar 06, 16:50

(oh sorry, i didn't see the bit in the post further up)

Fiddle all you want with the scripts. just give credit where necessary if you release it :wink:

adding scripted products/wares to the EQ dock will only work if the script is installed.

thats why i did not include the scripted products, cause if you don't got the script you get alot of '$%&Readtext$%&' errors.

fud
x3

Post by fud » Mon, 6. Mar 06, 04:05

I'dnever "released" anything. I just take other people's stuff and manipulate (mutilate?) it to suit me. :D

I was thinking about just copying the stript to make a separate shipyard for each race in some remote sector they own. One shipyard for all their fabs.

It's more out of convenience for me than anything. :)

Hieronymos
x3

Post by Hieronymos » Mon, 6. Mar 06, 21:01

Stevio,
loaded up all yr scripts this weekend, but found a couple of things:
a) Wpns Fabs (i.e. combo fabs like PAC Prod'n Complex) have no products (and as such are useless). Checked LV's cheat script and found that same is true for cheated wpn complexes: no products.
Haven't bought/deployed any single-product fabs yet...
b) Maybe price at Stevio Shipyard for really rare ships--like Yaki fighters--should be considerably higher (say +50% of S price surcharge to all S/M/L) to reflect their rarity.
c) Maybe price all non-Argon ships +25% to reflect resale costs for realisms sake.
d) Stevio Wpns Dlr: the cargo expansions can only be purchased 1 at a time--very frustrating. Engine tuning and rudder upgrades are no problem.

Overall great scripts. Keep up the good work!

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”