[AL Plugin] Stevio Fab Supplier :: V3.02 :: 24/09/2006

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

What do you think?

Excellent
67%
Good
17%
OK
7%
Poor
3%
Not really my thing
5%

Total votes: 58

Stevio
x3tc

Post by Stevio » Sat, 11. Feb 06, 17:06

@Cycrow -> sorry cycrow that post is way old :wink:

its funny you said that. i was going to do this later on tonight ....

Code: Select all

$shiplist.size = get size of array $shiplist 

while $shiplist.size 
  dec $shiplist.size 
  $ship = $shiplist [$shiplist.size] 
  $shipyard -> add product $ship 
  = $shipyard -> add 1 units of $ship 
end
Skillers wrote:Oh, and the shipyard - does that give you free ships?
no the ships have to be bought like you would at other shipyards, its just this shipyard has every ship in the game [check code to see list of ships]
Skillers wrote:As the normal shipyards "spawn" ships.
Explain please :gruebel:

cheers

stevio

alphalvr
x3ap

Post by alphalvr » Sat, 11. Feb 06, 18:07

aw i thought it was gonna be weapons on my facts boohoo :cry:

nice one

Stevio
x3tc

Post by Stevio » Sat, 11. Feb 06, 18:37

thats way beyond scripting. but a good idea for you modders out there :wink:

Skillers
x3tc

Post by Skillers » Sat, 11. Feb 06, 18:48

stevio wrote:
Skillers wrote:Oh, and the shipyard - does that give you free ships?
no the ships have to be bought like you would at other shipyards, its just this shipyard has every ship in the game [check code to see list of ships]
Skillers wrote:As the normal shipyards "spawn" ships.
Explain please :gruebel:
The shipyard you can buy from your shipyard. All the normal shipyards have unlimited stock of ships etc, so will the one you can buy give you free ships?
"Warning, cargo bay now contains; Gate, Home of Light"

Stevio
x3tc

Post by Stevio » Sat, 11. Feb 06, 18:56

oh right i thought you were talking about my shipyard script :oops:

i have never tinkered around with a shipyard (mainly because you can't buy them)

anyway IIRC Player owned shipyards can't produce ships (Yet!)

i merely added it as a docking facility for your own Capital ships like EQ docks. :wink:

Skillers
x3tc

Post by Skillers » Sat, 11. Feb 06, 19:21

OK, I was just wondering, otherwise it would be cheating. Would be alright if they required resources (like that shipyard script that does exist, can make one ship at a time, pretty cool idea).

Stevio
x3tc

Post by Stevio » Sat, 11. Feb 06, 19:53

Skillers wrote:(like that shipyard script that does exist, can make one ship at a time, pretty cool idea).
i didn't think any one had done it yet? :?

Skillers
x3tc

Post by Skillers » Sat, 11. Feb 06, 20:42

Can't remember what it's called, but there is a player shipyard where you feed it a ship and the resources and it will produce that ship when it has the matrials. I think Deadly made/is making it, but I'm not sure.

Hieronymos
x3

Post by Hieronymos » Thu, 16. Feb 06, 00:34

Stevio, want to try your cool weapons fabs script, and later possibly the others, but am worried about the Player HQ base possibly conflicting with the DDRS v1.0 mod. To your knowledge, is there any conflict with this mod?

Also, do your Fabs and Stevio Shipyard require Argon race rankings like at other Argon yards to buy specific fab/ship types? Excuse me if you've already answered this question in another thread.
Thanks in advance.

arcana75
x3tc

Post by arcana75 » Thu, 16. Feb 06, 06:23

Player HQ requires Hero of the Federation.

Stevio
x3tc

Post by Stevio » Thu, 16. Feb 06, 10:41

Hieronymos wrote:Stevio, want to try your cool weapons fabs script, and later possibly the others, but am worried about the Player HQ base possibly conflicting with the DDRS v1.0 mod. To your knowledge, is there any conflict with this mod?
as all my scripts have no conflicting material it is not possible to conflict with other mods or scripts
Hieronymos wrote:Also, do your Fabs and Stevio Shipyard require Argon race rankings like at other Argon yards to buy specific fab/ship types? Excuse me if you've already answered this question in another thread.
Thanks in advance.
at the moment they all use argon rank, however i am i the process of releasing alternative versions of each that is owned by Freindly race shall we say a "Cheat Version"

i just need to add a few more things to the scripts :wink:

Stevio
x3tc

Post by Stevio » Wed, 22. Feb 06, 17:59

Combat Fabs
Thread
V2.81
*22/02/2006*
[SCRIPT] Adds Weapon Fabs to a Shipyard in CBSW Behind the East Gate.

cheers

stevio

fud
x3

Post by fud » Sat, 25. Feb 06, 17:25

I tried this last night. Pplopped a high yield complex in CBSW, but it didn't make anything. It just had the need for three resources (ore, cahoons, energy), but no products???

I docked to it, filled up the resources, nothing. There's not even a listing of what it produces.

You can hook other stations/complexes to them tho.

Am I missing something?

Stevio
x3tc

Post by Stevio » Sat, 25. Feb 06, 19:46

use LV's cheat scripts to add/remove the products/resources,

or you could do it yourself.

Code: Select all

$a = Hurricane missile
$b = etc....
=$station -> add product to factory or dock: $a
=$station -> add product to factory or dock: $b
return null

cheers

stevio

fud
x3

Post by fud » Sun, 26. Feb 06, 06:09

For some reason, that script doesn't seem to work at all. (the add/remove product)

I'll piss with it tomorrow, right now I'm too drunk.

Armegeddon
x4

Post by Armegeddon » Wed, 1. Mar 06, 08:24

I've (nearly) written a script that will search all the player owned stations and if any of the types match a provided list will setup their products/resources automatically. In order to be configured, it needs to be called from another script (could be called manually and just have a single product and resource I guess) with the type of the station and arrays for the products and resources. Then every minute it will check all the stations owned by the player and setup their production based on the arrays, and start the production tasks on the station.
Only problem I've run into is that when I tested it a Heavy Shield complex, Medium Shield Complex, and HEPT complex, and then added those stations into my SSP complex, they would only produce the first product, but never the second one, no matter how many resources were available. Not sure if that's a problem caused by the game, or from my script, but if I can't figure out a way to fix it in a couple days, I'll just have it add a script to the station itself and if it has 2 products automatically produce the second one when the production cycle ends.
There is a thin line between genius & insanity i have erased this line

Armegeddon's X3 scripts and mods

Stevio
x3tc

Post by Stevio » Wed, 1. Mar 06, 13:10

good luck with the script it sounds great.

it won't work on the Production complexes that I have added due to the production complexes don't have any products or resources to start with because they are meant to be AI Stations.

you can add/remove Products or Resources with the Cheat scripts. :P

or as you know how to script you can also do it yourself Via the SE :wink:

Cheers

stevio

fud
x3

Post by fud » Wed, 1. Mar 06, 14:07

I got a Crystal XL into Argon Prime. Got it into the shipyard, bought it (for 4x the M cost), placed it.

Resources: ecells, and rastar oil :roll: with a 1:00 cycle time... :roll::roll:

By contrast, changing the M fab's prduction in the dat file:
Resources are ecells, silicon, and cahoonas, like it should be. With a prod time of 8:00, producing 80 per cycle (which makes sense, since it's 5x an M).

I can't seem to find this "waretemplate.xml" either. I can't hardly believe it's this tough to modify. :D

I really don't know a whole lot about scripting. I've just been messing with stuff. I did manage to add all the stations to the shipyard script, that was at least "easy". Added the camoflage device and sys override Mk2 to the weapons dealer. I also relocated them so they're side by side.

Beyond that, I have no clue about the resource thing with the production fabs. The add/remove/change script doesn't do anything in my game. Maybe I'm doing it wrong, I dunno. When you look at it in the SE, you can see it's got arguments for adding a product, removing a product, and adding up to 3 resources. But I can't seem to get it to work....

I can either change all the fabs to XL, and that's ALL I'll have to choose from, or I can have the whole range with the XLs being all cocked up.

It's just the thought of having a weed/fuel hub with 7 stations on it that intrigues me. As opposed to, 20, to get the same production.
I wish Ashley would pop back by sometime. :)

Armegeddon
x4

Post by Armegeddon » Wed, 1. Mar 06, 21:46

@fud: waretemplate.xml is under maps in the .dat files. I tried changing it to make Ashley's XL fabs work, but for some reason it didn't have any affect at all. I'm pretty sure that any changes to waretemplate.xml will only come into affect on a new game, but not positive on that.

@stevio: I did a small configuration script that calls my script with the Production complexes types. It adds the products correctly and starts the production tasks on those fabs. Still need to do some fine tuning of it to try and make it easier to use yet. Hopefully in a day or two it'll be ready, if I can drag myself away from playing with the DDRS mod. :)
There is a thin line between genius & insanity i have erased this line

Armegeddon's X3 scripts and mods

fud
x3

Post by fud » Thu, 2. Mar 06, 04:41

Using the change/add/remove script *did* make it work. It even adjusted the production amopunt and cycle to the proper amount (80 units in 8:00).

However, I think it did something really screwy to my gave, as I'm getting freezes now....

I may just accept defeat and wait for someone a whole lot smarter than me to figure it out.

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”