[Script] Fighter Base Commander V1.10 (04 Feb 2006)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

dwgh
x4

Post by dwgh » Wed, 1. Feb 06, 17:38

Out of curiousity, are you using captured ships? Yaki, maybe?

NZ-Wanderer
x4

Post by NZ-Wanderer » Wed, 1. Feb 06, 21:04

umm nope, no captured ships, I let your script buy them from a Paranid shipyard...
Link to the list of Mods working in X4-Foundations and also Link to the list of Mods working in X-Rebirth

NOTE: I play with a modded game, so any reports I make outlining suggestions/problems/bugs/annoyances, are made with mods installed and running.

Morthais
x3

Post by Morthais » Wed, 1. Feb 06, 21:13

Hi, like always I have a few questions ;)

1) My station doesn't seem to have a tender but simply buys the ships from the station, was this removed, or does he only buy one at a latter stage?

2) If I add more M5's with pilots to the station. Will it train them too or just the 9 it has bought?

Cheers!

dwgh
x4

Post by dwgh » Wed, 1. Feb 06, 21:22

umm nope, no captured ships, I let your script buy them from a Paranid shipyard...
OK, that's the prime candidate ruled out (long story). Will have a look in more detail later.
1) My station doesn't seem to have a tender but simply buys the ships from the station, was this removed, or does he only buy one at a latter stage?
Assuming he has the money, he should buy a tender ASAP.
2) If I add more M5's with pilots to the station. Will it train them too or just the 9 it has bought?
You dont need to add the pilots (although it doesnt matter if you do), any M5 fighter added to the station will be given one (cash permitting). M4s and M3s added will be given pilots as suitable candidates get trained.

It will also send out any idle group of 3 fighters that have the right homebase (all M5s, all maxed M4s considered) whether you're over the limit or not - it just wont replace any if destroyed until you go back below the current limits.

So, yes, it will train them.

kamikazepenguin
x3

Post by kamikazepenguin » Thu, 2. Feb 06, 06:59

I was wondering, would it be possible, in some distant future version, to allow the player to select which ship from the shipyard that you want the commander to purchase? For example, after selecting the shipyard, it could ask you what type of M5 to buy, then what type of M4 to buy, then what type of M3 to buy, etc. Something like that would make me feel a little bit more in control of the commander.

dwgh
x4

Post by dwgh » Thu, 2. Feb 06, 09:42

My station doesn't seem to have a tender but simply buys the ships from the station, was this removed, or does he only buy one at a latter stage?
Mort, the latest fix should solve your problem - my fault for being lazy. I assumed all stations would sell a standard TS, not just the variants. Clearly thats not true.

NZ - I can't replicate your problem and after looking at the code, I can't see why it would get stuck in that loop. I don't think the latest version will fix it, but give it a try. If you get the same thing happening, I'd appreciate seeing a save game so I can have a better chance of spotting the bug.
For example, after selecting the shipyard, it could ask you what type of M5 to buy, then what type of M4 to buy, then what type of M3 to buy, etc.
More options on what can be bought coming soon™

NZ-Wanderer
x4

Post by NZ-Wanderer » Thu, 2. Feb 06, 09:56

Hokay no problem.. - Will download the latest update and give it a go.. - If the same thing pops up again I will put a save game on my server for you to download....
dwgh wrote:NZ - I can't replicate your problem and after looking at the code, I can't see why it would get stuck in that loop. I don't think the latest version will fix it, but give it a try. If you get the same thing happening, I'd appreciate seeing a save game so I can have a better chance of spotting the bug.
Link to the list of Mods working in X4-Foundations and also Link to the list of Mods working in X-Rebirth

NOTE: I play with a modded game, so any reports I make outlining suggestions/problems/bugs/annoyances, are made with mods installed and running.

Morthais
x3

Post by Morthais » Thu, 2. Feb 06, 13:28

dwgh wrote: Mort, the latest fix should solve your problem - my fault for being lazy. I assumed all stations would sell a standard TS, not just the variants. Clearly thats not true.
Great, I must say, I enjoy looking at my fighter base, just watching everyone develop.

Awesome script, and I am looking forward to future developments

Morthais
x3

Post by Morthais » Thu, 2. Feb 06, 17:06

Hmm, just discovered a tiny fault.

Could you make sure that the transport ship does not enter Xenon territory?

Morthais
x3

Post by Morthais » Thu, 2. Feb 06, 19:20

Hmm hate to spam this thread but this time, I have a more serious problem

http://www.moederhopland.be/images/FCB.JPG

Obviously it has something to do with the fact that I have more than 9 M5's attached to the base... About 21 in total to be exact ;)

I have been running the base for quiet a while though, I am surprised the error showed up this late.

dwgh
x4

Post by dwgh » Thu, 2. Feb 06, 19:37

Nice time to take a screenie :)

OK... I have a theory, which I'm about to do some research on. I've now seen 2 people get errors in places where they shouldn't. I'm wondering if the "infinite loop" checker sometimes chokes if the game is simply busy.

Sometime later, I'll put 1.09b up which will have the loop detectors out and more waits added. The only people who should use it are those who dont mind potential game freezes (hopefully those with issues will feel brave though).
Could you make sure that the transport ship does not enter Xenon territory?
Right, I'm thinking it's gone searching for energy cells. I'll see about maybe adding the last resort/double cost insta-delivery cells. But I want to see about sorting these freezes out before potentially adding more bugs.

Morthais
x3

Post by Morthais » Thu, 2. Feb 06, 20:14

dwgh wrote: OK... I have a theory, which I'm about to do some research on. I've now seen 2 people get errors in places where they shouldn't. I'm wondering if the "infinite loop" checker sometimes chokes if the game is simply busy.

Sometime later, I'll put 1.09b up which will have the loop detectors out and more waits added. The only people who should use it are those who dont mind potential game freezes (hopefully those with issues will feel brave though).
You could be right, I reloaded before the bug and it didn't repeat itself.

Morthais
x3

Post by Morthais » Thu, 2. Feb 06, 20:49

Hmm, I hate to bombard you with work but...

Now, I got the following screenie:

http://www.moederhopland.be/images/FCB2.JPG

This one may have been caused by uncareful use by myself.

These were my actions.

I noticed that all of my 6 M4's didn't train. I tried resetting the script, which caused an error which I think was similar to this one.

Realising this was probably my fault, I tried resetting again without any ships attached to the base. No problems this time, but when I started adding the ships again. This one appeared.

Edit: Could it be that the M4's refuse to fly out because they don't have the equipment the tender brings them? (he keeps dying in a Xenon sector before he is able, will put a spp close to home to fix this :p)

dwgh
x4

Post by dwgh » Thu, 2. Feb 06, 21:05

I suspect it was the same thing at fault - clearly you have a busy ALife :)

As for the M4s not training, they are indeed blocked from patrolling until they are max'd laser- and shield-wise (it's listed in the version history - I guess I should get around to updating the main text too at some stage).

Myros' script only stops M5s from actually intercepting hostiles (although not from getting ambushed!), you'd probably have a very high casualty rate of M4 pilots if they weren't reined in a bit. I'm sure you don't want your experienced pilot taking on baddies in a ship with only 1MJ shields and no guns :)

Morthais
x3

Post by Morthais » Thu, 2. Feb 06, 21:14

Ahh thanks for the extra information. And yes, it's true... I am a script addict (no cheat scripts, mind you) but I think I have over 25 installed :p

dwgh
x4

Post by dwgh » Thu, 2. Feb 06, 21:28

http://www.comp.leeds.ac.uk/dharris/FBC109b.zip
http://www.comp.leeds.ac.uk/dharris/FBC109b.spk

OK, try these. Assuming the loop error stops and you dont get a freeze, I'll update the main links in a day or two.

/me crosses fingers

**EDIT This may cause mini-pauses if FBC takes over for too long. Let me know if this happens as it will mean I need to add more waits - will mean the script runs slower still, but I guess that would be preferable!

Morthais
x3

Post by Morthais » Thu, 2. Feb 06, 23:11

I have installed it and did the same things I did before, and everything seems to be working better now.

I'll test it further tomorrow.

NZ-Wanderer
x4

Post by NZ-Wanderer » Thu, 2. Feb 06, 23:24

That could be it.. - when my error happened I was in a sector where I had a circle of Lasertowers protecting a gate, and they were all firing on some Yaki had just come through the gate, also a couple of Paranid capital ships were getting in on the action at the same time..

EDIT: Spots new test version, so downloads it to try it out :)
dwgh wrote:OK... I have a theory, which I'm about to do some research on. I've now seen 2 people get errors in places where they shouldn't. I'm wondering if the "infinite loop" checker sometimes chokes if the game is simply busy.

SpaceMonkey1119
x3

Post by SpaceMonkey1119 » Fri, 3. Feb 06, 09:05

Dwgh

I encountered the infinite loop problem too, although I was using a handful of yaki ships. I had nine in the station when I finally opened it for buisness (all Rajins) it then ordered a 10th ship, called it 1 and renamed all the Rajin's to 2-10... then yelled at me and stole my lunch money. Or... just crashed the interface.

I haven't tried the beta thing yet, but I was wondering if the yaki ships I have won't work with it or what? Since they do use 25mj shields...

Also, does the trader equip itself with a jump drive to facilitate faster retrevial of nessicary goods? I haven't noticed it doing that.

Thanks,

Spacey

Morthais
x3

Post by Morthais » Fri, 3. Feb 06, 14:04

Well, after a couple of hours of play, no problems yet...

A very small defect is that it sometimes warns you that a new tour has started and sometimes it doesn't...

Isn't really something I can't live with :)

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”