[Script] Freight Transporter Upgrade 1.2 3/10/06

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Bunny
x3ap

Post by Bunny » Fri, 6. Oct 06, 16:32

It should work via the hotkey. The menu option can be used to get other ships to beam in cargo.

chilipalmer
x3

Post by chilipalmer » Fri, 6. Oct 06, 19:39

nope sorry hotkey does not work for me :(

Bunny
x3ap

Post by Bunny » Sun, 8. Oct 06, 15:41

@Chilipalmer
I've PMed you with links to an EMP disabled version of this script (this is what I am using). You will still need a transporter device installed.
If you have success with that then there is an EMP problem.

Cheers

Bunny

bob hope
x3

Post by bob hope » Mon, 9. Oct 06, 15:34

the ftu.spk download just gives me a load of ?`s and other symbols on a wordpad type screen.

ive been looking for something like this for my personal m6`s upwards :D

Bunny
x3ap

Post by Bunny » Mon, 9. Oct 06, 17:55

I going home for a fry up and my feet up in front of the Telly

LV or anyone else...over to you.

:mrgreen:

bob hope
x3

Post by bob hope » Mon, 9. Oct 06, 17:59

just a post so i can find when this thread is posted to, i forgot which of the many scripts i was looking at lol

bob hope
x3

Post by bob hope » Mon, 9. Oct 06, 22:18

ok i am sorry i should read the whole darn thread ..... i am just too used to left clicking then saving lol

bob hope
x3

Post by bob hope » Tue, 10. Oct 06, 14:39

well this worked once, for the one item upgrade ware i bought, do you need to buy as many as you need to transport? oh and there is 6 to buy in the dock.

Plus they are only turning up in trade stations where there is a equipment dock in the sector with them

Bunny
x3ap

Post by Bunny » Tue, 10. Oct 06, 15:41

That is normal. For it to work you need a transporter and the upgrade from the trading dock. The upgrade needs only to be installed once.
So did the hotkey work for you?

bob hope
x3

Post by bob hope » Tue, 10. Oct 06, 17:18

hotkey worked once, the ware that is the upgrade then stopped working at all (maybe because its in an m6) but without an active m6 pickup script i thought this would fill the slot

Bunny
x3ap

Post by Bunny » Tue, 10. Oct 06, 18:10

Okay, there is an odd line of code that checks for the EMP ware which I did not touch. I will install the EMP mod to get a clear look at what is wrong here.

Cheers

Bunny

bob hope
x3

Post by bob hope » Tue, 10. Oct 06, 19:39

thanks :D this is needed it really helps m6`s out ..... when it works

Bunny
x3ap

Post by Bunny » Tue, 10. Oct 06, 21:07

Installed EMP and .... there are no functional problems with this script. Beaming stuff in with the hotkey or menu command worked as it should.

So here is a trouble shooting list (This may seem obvious but go through it anyway)

1. The EMP mod must be installed in order to use this script. It won't work without it - period.
2. Installing EMP will probably require you starting a new game (I had to)
3. Your ship must be equipped with a "Transporter device" (purchased from the Goner temple in Cloudbase South West)
4. Your ship must also have at least one unit of "Freight beamer upgrade". This is purchased from Boron trading stations. If it is not in stock then save and reload and explore till you find one. This upgrade costs 38000 and has 1 unit volume. Why is this not a command upgrade with zero volume?. The answer to that is the EMP thread seems to say there was a bug with command ware and thus a cargo ware has been used instead. The Freight beamer upgrade is not to be confused with the Freight scanner which something completely different.

5. You must be within 3.5 km of the ware you want to beam in
6. If your cargo hold has insufficient space then you will get a "We are being hailed" audio message an entry in your player log
7. Your ship must be able to carry the cargo type being beamed in (S,M,L,XL)
8. The hotkey must be mapped. Having the key mapped will not beam stuff in unless you have a transporter device and freight beamer upgrade installed.

Cheers

Bunny

P.S. I mentioned that some lines of EMP code seemed weird. Well they were fine when EMP was installed so this was just a quirk of the SE.

Testing was done using ftu1.2 downloaded from the header page.

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Tue, 10. Oct 06, 22:08

CCheers for this Bunny (not being able to script is really getting on my nerves now :x ) Afaiknew the EMP did not need a re-start and i hope that's still the case
LV's TC Scripts
Readme's For All My Scripts

I felt a great disturbance in the forum, Like millions of voices cried out in terror, then were silenced

si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses

bob hope
x3

Post by bob hope » Wed, 11. Oct 06, 02:42

i had all of those, though i think that part 4 may have a few differences, something like the price being different, is the dock only supposed to sell 1 at once?

mine is currently selling 6 for some reason

Bunny
x3ap

Post by Bunny » Wed, 11. Oct 06, 10:46

Hi LV, the I had a warning message that the saved game might be corrupt when I first tried EMP. I guess it depends on how far the game has progressed and what scripts are in it, so results may vary,

The trading docks contain 6 units of "Freight Transporter Upgrade" (not "Freight Beamer upgrade" :oops: ...close enough :P ).

Before I installed EMP I backup up the saved games and 07.cat and 07.dat files. This allowed EMP to be uninstalled with no problem.

Cheers

Bunny

bob hope
x3

Post by bob hope » Wed, 11. Oct 06, 12:24

see i got everything needed, but the shortcut worked once then not again afterwards ....... dont know why at all, i will check it out on a m3 then try it on a m6 and see if its a capital ship thing

Hansaw
x3

Post by Hansaw » Wed, 29. Nov 06, 01:19

I cannot download this script?

Has it been renamed or gone into a pack?
Hansaw sits for the 1st time in his brand new M3. After smilling happily to himself he looks about and becomes frustrated. "I paid enough for this ship, so where's the damn MP3 Player!" he yells

Hansaw
x3

Post by Hansaw » Sun, 3. Dec 06, 22:25

OK got it now thanks!
Hansaw sits for the 1st time in his brand new M3. After smilling happily to himself he looks about and becomes frustrated. "I paid enough for this ship, so where's the damn MP3 Player!" he yells

strude
x4

Post by strude » Thu, 8. Feb 07, 08:22

I did a treasure hunt mission and the crate I found contained credits. I used the beam flying ware hotkey which transported the credit, but they didn't get added to my account. I have only done it once due to the rare nature of the treasure hunt missions so I can't confirm it and I don't have a save with an active treasure hunt sorry.

EDIT: As it turns out, I reloaded my game and there was still a treasure hunt there, went there and again its credit. Used beam flying ware hotkey and nothing in my account. I havea salvage savegame within beaming range of the crate if required.

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”