[Script] Freight Transporter Upgrade 1.2 3/10/06

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

R.Styles
x3tc

Post by R.Styles » Thu, 28. Sep 06, 10:01

I know there is a script to attack asteroid to break them down to be collected, can/does this script allow asteroids (collectable) to be transported, allowing incredibly fast collection of asteroids?
Is there a Beam all minerals/wares in range/sector option so we don't have to babysit?

Bunny
x3ap

Post by Bunny » Thu, 28. Sep 06, 13:55

The fragements left by attack rocks are still debris and not flying wares. A script cannot see debris that the player has targetted. Even if we say target the nearest collectable debris there is still the problem that it might not by a type 20 (which is just collectable fragments) but a mixture of collectable and non collectable.
I'd love the idea of being able to hoover in fragments but at the moment the SE doesn't allow cherry picking.

Okay, we could fudge it but that would mean allowing small non-collectable fragments to be spirited into the cargobay.

Hmm, transporter/tractor beam mobile mining... :gruebel: (It would still take alot of work to implement it well though - ah but think no more collisions and it would be really fast)
´
[EDIT] Maybe I could work out a script that both LV and I can use on this, I'll think about this.

R.Styles
x3tc

Post by R.Styles » Thu, 28. Sep 06, 15:13

Yeah, bunny. Thats exactly what I'm suggesting, if possible you could say "hey I don't need no shield when I mine, Scotty does the collecting"
But would be extremely useful. Although I would suggest to limit if possible the range of transporter when beaming 'debris' so not to overload the amount in range. Could say The range is limited because of trageting something so small.
Ask LV, see what they can help with also maybe the prolific Cycrow may have a few ideas. Although from what you were saying
bunny wrote: A script cannot see debris that the player has targetted. Even if we say target the nearest collectable debris there is still the problem that it might not by a type 20 (which is just collectable fragments) but a mixture of collectable and non collectable.
But even then you would only beam the collectable bits? but I have no idea how/if X3 changes the debris so you can collect the minerals.
Not necessarially select "transport silicon or ore or nividium to cargo bay, if the whole transport thing is do-able. Then would selectable transport be do-able (this script continues to expand)?

Further suggestions welcomed

Bunny
x3ap

Post by Bunny » Thu, 28. Sep 06, 16:33

The idea is straight forward enough - Destroy small debris and add minerals to cargobay. The tricky bit is working out just how much gets added. It should be given a lower yield per fragment than with the more time consuming practise of contact collecting. Anyway; give it a few weeks to see what we have

Cheers

Bunny
x3ap

Post by Bunny » Fri, 29. Sep 06, 16:47

"Houston we may have a broken linky"

R.Styles
x3tc

Post by R.Styles » Fri, 29. Sep 06, 16:54

Bunny wrote:"Houston we may have a broken linky"
Yeah, the .Zip doesn't work, and the .spk has to be "save target as", otherwise you get a page of weird writing.
The internet can be a strange place somedays.....

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Fri, 29. Sep 06, 17:07

zip link fixed

Bunny
x3ap

Post by Bunny » Fri, 29. Sep 06, 17:15

Got it, Cheers!

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Fri, 29. Sep 06, 17:19

see if you can fix the hotkey for me :)
LV's TC Scripts
Readme's For All My Scripts

I felt a great disturbance in the forum, Like millions of voices cried out in terror, then were silenced

si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses

blue fox
x3tc

maybe?

Post by blue fox » Fri, 29. Sep 06, 23:30

Maybe yours will work. I have yet to get LV's Script to work even thought every thing is where it should be.

Bunny
x3ap

Post by Bunny » Sun, 1. Oct 06, 11:38

LV wrote:see if you can fix the hotkey for me :)
Check plugin.lv.beam.box, the findflyingware commands are using THIS as a refobj instead of ship. This bypasses the check code and is probably the cause of the hotkey problem. The command worked from the menu with no problem, making this change also got the hotkey up again.

(I tested this with a hotwired version of the code to run without the EMP mod)

Cheers

Bunny

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Mon, 2. Oct 06, 15:55

if the hotkey remains fixed can you send me the altered scripts so i can re-upload and pack them please bunny :)

Bunny
x3ap

Post by Bunny » Tue, 3. Oct 06, 12:42

Done
Download
Mirror 1

Remember folks this needs EMP to be installed

Cheers

Bunny

BTW The mineral transport idea did not pan out. It was leaving ghost fragments. So until there is a way to flush these then no more progress can be made here.

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Tue, 3. Oct 06, 17:22

Updated to 1.2 (see first post)

Imperial respect to Bunny for fixing the hotkey for me while i can't script :)
LV's TC Scripts
Readme's For All My Scripts

I felt a great disturbance in the forum, Like millions of voices cried out in terror, then were silenced

si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses

chilipalmer
x3

freight transporter upgrade

Post by chilipalmer » Fri, 6. Oct 06, 08:52

can't seem to get this to work ?
have everything else that is needed assigned it a key and got withing 3km of freight pressed key......nothing.

have i missed something

ta

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by euclid » Fri, 6. Oct 06, 09:40

The key assignment is not working. You need to do it via the command menue.

Cheers Euclid

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Fri, 6. Oct 06, 11:28

the script was updated 2 days ago and the key assignment should now work

Bunny
x3ap

Post by Bunny » Fri, 6. Oct 06, 14:57

I was using the hotkey all lastnight with no problem. The only difference in the script is I had four lines of code commented out to get it to run without EMP. Apart from that it is identical.

@chilipalmer
Daft question but I need to check. You have EMP installed, purchased the ware from a dock and have a transporter device installed, right?.

chilipalmer
x3

Post by chilipalmer » Fri, 6. Oct 06, 15:32

thanks gonna give it a try today with the updated script

chilipalmer
x3

Post by chilipalmer » Fri, 6. Oct 06, 16:26

bit long winded for me the only way i can use it si to go into my ships custom menu and operate it from there, or is this the correct wat to operate it ?

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”