[Script] Freight Transporter Upgrade 1.2 3/10/06

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

barrymid
x3tc

Post by barrymid » Thu, 8. Feb 07, 10:37

Strude

I noticed this to but noticed that the crate was beamed into my cargo bay but had credits listed in my cargo so i just dropped them and repicked them the old way and the credits where added to my accout.

Hopfuly this will work for you to.

fud
x3

Post by fud » Thu, 8. Feb 07, 14:27

For some reasong, plot/Ego-spawned containers don't work with the beamer.

I noticed this months ago in the plot game with the crystals in X101. I had to reload, and pick them up the old fashioned way. Same with the 15 or so "freebie" containers that Egosoft put in the game. I can only assume it's the same for the new BBS treasure hunt and CIG containers.

strude
x4

Post by strude » Fri, 9. Feb 07, 15:25

barrymid wrote:Strude

I noticed this to but noticed that the crate was beamed into my cargo bay but had credits listed in my cargo so i just dropped them and repicked them the old way and the credits where added to my accout.

Hopfuly this will work for you to.
I did a quick check of the hold, but didn't see credits listed, although it was only a very quick check so I probably missed them. I have reloaded since then though and am about to pick them up the old fashioned way :D

Krvavy

Post by Krvavy » Wed, 14. Feb 07, 17:57

Can this great script be even more improved?

How can a slaver help himself with this script? Not at the moment... can it be tweaked to snatch the bailers... sure would beat chasing them with cargo doors open... they _TEND_ to use their strafe jets when they see you coming...

fud
x3

Post by fud » Wed, 14. Feb 07, 18:11

I was working on that myself, actually. Basically, I just copied LV's stuff (after talking to him), but I couldn't get it to work quite right, so I lost interest.

B-O'F
x3tc

Post by B-O'F » Wed, 14. Feb 07, 18:26

Hi Krvavy,

The script you need is BOF Collect Astronauts

Have fun,

Boron - Ol Fh'art
Public Service announcement

Growing old is not a disease - it is a delayed symptom of birth trauma.

narn
x3

Post by narn » Wed, 14. Feb 07, 19:04

You should remake this script so the AIs do it as well. This would make the pirates act more like pirates, and force the player to have to quickly try to aquire droped goods before the universe gobbled them up.

WarpedcowOwnzU

Post by WarpedcowOwnzU » Sat, 4. Aug 07, 02:53

Anyone know if this script is compatible with XTM?

WarpedcowOwnzU

Post by WarpedcowOwnzU » Mon, 6. Aug 07, 02:05

WarpedcowOwnzU wrote:Anyone know if this script is compatible with XTM?
BUMP.

Seriously, has nobody else tried it yet? This little script is awesome for cleaning up all the dropped goodies during XIs and such...

Lapo
x4

Post by Lapo » Thu, 9. Aug 07, 15:38

I use with XTM all the time, no problems so far.

Cursed Ghost
x3tc

Post by Cursed Ghost » Tue, 27. May 08, 02:40

hi all

why does this need a third party mod to make it work ??
Is there a version that doesn't require you to mod your game ??
Isn't it bad practice to make scripts dependant on third party mod ??

The reason I ask is because

A.) I don't want to mod the game
B.) It has been my experience that mods have the irritating habit to doing undesirable things to the game when you only want to make 1 small change

I only want to be able to use the transporter to beam cargo pods aboard my ship rather than collecting them physically other than this I don't want to mess with the game

Lancefighter
x4

Post by Lancefighter » Tue, 27. May 08, 04:00

The script requires EMP.

Let me explain...

x3 ships with a limited number of spare item slots (ego knows people love to mod their games, but didnt thing far enough ahead i guess) so...

EMP is a mod that increases the number of empty item slots in x3. It gives you options on how much you want it to cost, and stuff like that. EMP is VERY safe (it changes LITERALLY nothing, expect the item slots), and is available for use with the plugin manager.

The plugin manager is also very safe, and is COMPLETELY awesome. :D
It allows you to keep track of what is installed on your game, and allows you to turn it on and off whenever you want (when the game is not running). The use of this means that if there is a problem with an installed script/mod, you can turn it off easily...

What I am trying to say, is that installing the freight transporter (and by extension, EMP) will not break your game.

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”