[SCRIPT] Sector Takeover v 1.7[Updated 1/10/06]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

How do you rate this script?

5- Excellent
68%
4- Good
18%
3- Average
7%
2- Poor
3%
1- Abysmal
4%

Total votes: 76

bendyspex
x3

Post by bendyspex » Fri, 12. May 06, 19:44

I think the script writer has gone or something, as theyre has been very little going on with it, even though it is one of the best scripts here.

DesertEagle
x3

Post by DesertEagle » Fri, 12. May 06, 19:56

That's really too bad.
Do you have a copy of the script before it got taken down, bendyspex?
If you send it to travis.godwin.good@gmail.com,
I can mirror it on my webspace.

-DesertEagle
bendyspex wrote:I think the script writer has gone or something, as theyre has been very little going on with it, even though it is one of the best scripts here.

bendyspex
x3

Post by bendyspex » Fri, 12. May 06, 20:46

It's probably best not to do anything with the script until we can contact the author, or we know he is gone for sure. I am just basing my guess on the fact that he hasn't updated or talked about the script for a long time.

DesertEagle
x3

Post by DesertEagle » Fri, 12. May 06, 20:59

ok.

-DesertEagle

bendyspex
x3

Post by bendyspex » Fri, 12. May 06, 21:10

I've PM'ed him, but his last post was 12th March, so I don't know how succesful it will be.

russbo
x4

Post by russbo » Sat, 13. May 06, 08:32

Unfortunate that this link is broken, I had really wanted to try this script. Maybe it has been removed because Egosoft is going to add this concept in a future patch? If anyone has this zip file, could they please make it available to us (I'd also be more than happy to host it on my server; more than willing to help with the cause here).

SpatryX
x3

Post by SpatryX » Sat, 13. May 06, 08:43

WOW this looks like it will be AWESOME!!!! I have got to give this one a try LAST WEEK!!!! I noticed the link is broken... I wonder if someone would be nice enough to repost this mod... even a R**idshare link would be appreciated
[ external image ]

Don't be too proud of this technological terror you have constructed.... The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant next to the power of the FORCE! -Darth Vader

kmiller1610
x3tc

Post by kmiller1610 » Sat, 13. May 06, 10:18

DesertEagle wrote:That's really too bad.

-DesertEagle
bendyspex wrote:I think the script writer has gone or something, as theyre has been very little going on with it, even though it is one of the best scripts here.
Sent via email this morning ......

bendyspex
x3

Post by bendyspex » Sat, 13. May 06, 10:21

You mean you've sent the script so it can be re-hosted? It's probably just best to wait until we've got some sort of permission to do that. I think if LV could let us know what we can do, since it doesn't look like the author is still here.

DesertEagle
x3

Post by DesertEagle » Sat, 13. May 06, 17:18

kmiller1610 wrote:
DesertEagle wrote:That's really too bad.

-DesertEagle
Sent via email this morning ......
Thanks very much kmiller,
I have the script now. If we get permission to rehost from LV, I'll put it on my webspace.
bendyspex, would you mind PM'ing LV to see what the protocol would be here?

Have a good weekend!

-DesertEagle

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Sun, 14. May 06, 08:04

This user is nowhere to be seen, I sent him a PM myself ages ago of the script he has which is taking up 9 command slots in the community stickie which remains unread.

If you want to re-host it then do so as the other option is to remove it from the list with his other work which i have no intention of doing currently.

:)
LV's TC Scripts
Readme's For All My Scripts

I felt a great disturbance in the forum, Like millions of voices cried out in terror, then were silenced

si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses

Kurt Shur'Tugal
x3

Post by Kurt Shur'Tugal » Sun, 14. May 06, 09:12

does anyone know if this is compatible with the xtended mod?

bendyspex
x3

Post by bendyspex » Sun, 14. May 06, 09:30

I am using it with the XTended mod, and there are no problems.
Since this script is getting support again, does anyone know of a way to make it so you only have to destroy the stations belonging to the sector owner in order to capture it, instead of all the stations.

DesertEagle
x3

Rehosted

Post by DesertEagle » Sun, 14. May 06, 18:33

hi bendyspex, LV,
the file has been re-hosted at:
http://www.travisgood.com/X3/SectorTakeover_v17.zip

if you provide me with this author's other files, I will rehost those as well.

bendyspex:
I will have a look at it to see if I can propose a change to the script that might do what you're looking to do.

-DesertEagle

bendyspex
x3

Post by bendyspex » Sun, 14. May 06, 18:56

Thanks, I don't think there were any other scripts by this author. Let me know how you get on.

nirwin
x3tc

Post by nirwin » Sun, 14. May 06, 20:25

I agree, you should definately only have to destroy stations owned by the owner of the sector. Just come up against this problem.

I have no idea how to do scripting for X3, but I am a programmer, so I will have a look and see if I can make head or tail of it. Glad it's been re-hosted, cheers.

Shame acrh has gone AWOL.
Nirwin
------
Sector Takeover | Unlimited Resources (x2/x3)

bendyspex
x3

Post by bendyspex » Sun, 14. May 06, 20:52

I have had a look through the script, and can't seem to find the paramater for destroying the stations, as if I could I would change the station type to just a certain races. Maybe you'll have better luck.

Cody1234
x3

Post by Cody1234 » Mon, 15. May 06, 23:32

Thanks, DesertEagle! :D Thanks for re-hosting it.I was worried for a moment. :oops:
[ external image ]
Shoop+Space=Win

DesertEagle
x3

Post by DesertEagle » Tue, 16. May 06, 03:28

bendyspex wrote:I have had a look through the script, and can't seem to find the paramater for destroying the stations, as if I could I would change the station type to just a certain races. Maybe you'll have better luck.
Hi bendyspex, the issue is here, in SectorTakeover.timer.xml:

Code: Select all

$playerstations = $sector -> get player owned station array from sector
162      $allstations = $sector -> get station array from sector
163      $plstnum =  size of array $playerstations
164      $allstnum =  size of array $allstations
165      if $plstnum AND $plstnum == $allstnum
acrh2 is comparing the number of player stations to the total number of stations in the sector in order to determine whether the sector has been taken over. The logic you want would simply check the number of stations of races currently set to 'foe' to see if it was zero. If it were zero, then the sector would become player owned. It should be a fairly simple change to make. I'll see if I can't do it the next couple of days and post it as a development fork.

Cheers,
DesertEagle

bendyspex
x3

Post by bendyspex » Tue, 16. May 06, 08:37

Thats great, thanks. I didn't think of doing it that way, but now I know, it seems easier. Having it only check foe factorys would be useful, as you have to set the race to foe anyway to take over the sector.
Good work :)

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”