[SCRIPT] Sector Takeover v 1.7[Updated 1/10/06]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

How do you rate this script?

5- Excellent
68%
4- Good
18%
3- Average
7%
2- Poor
3%
1- Abysmal
4%

Total votes: 76

Baleur
x3tc

Post by Baleur » Tue, 10. Jan 06, 19:01

If no sector has been taken over by me, then no raiding parties will be spawned right?
I'm asking because just as soon as i tried your script a while ago (version 1.2) i got a huge universe-wide pirate invasion, much like the initial 1.3 universe rebalancing.
It might just be another Official Egosoft raiding party, but i just have to ask if it has anything to do with this script.

Also, does it react to npc races too? I dunno if npc's can build "new" trading posts, but it would be quite annoying to have a bunch of rading parties in sectors i dont control =D

Lol, i guess they are both the same question =)
CPU: Intel i7 6300k RAM: 32gb GPU: nVidia 1070 6gb VRAM

Crush
x3tc

Post by Crush » Tue, 10. Jan 06, 19:19

the xenon will come and try to get their sector back even without the script. at least that's what they did in X2.

they even came with Ks and Js. pretty hard to fight off. haven't tried to capture the xenon sectors in X3 yet, though.

acrh2
x3

Post by acrh2 » Tue, 10. Jan 06, 20:09

Baleur wrote:If no sector has been taken over by me, then no raiding parties will be spawned right?
I'm asking because just as soon as i tried your script a while ago (version 1.2) i got a huge universe-wide pirate invasion, much like the initial 1.3 universe rebalancing.
It might just be another Official Egosoft raiding party, but i just have to ask if it has anything to do with this script.

Also, does it react to npc races too? I dunno if npc's can build "new" trading posts, but it would be quite annoying to have a bunch of rading parties in sectors i dont control =D

Lol, i guess they are both the same question =)
The script will send raiding parties only to the sectors owned by players, and only if these sectors have been claimed through this script (as opposed to sectors that you can purchase in a regular game).
You can recognize these parties by their composition - 1 M6 of the previous owner race and 2 M3s for support. In the case of the pirate sectors, the ships will actually belong to Yaki.

NPC sectors can be taken over just as well, except that the player must have his Global Commands set to FOE for that particular race.
So if you were to build a Trading Dock in The Hole, this sector will not be claimed if you are at peace with Argons. However, if you decide to wage war on Argons and take their sectors, then you need to set the relation to Argons to FOE, and the script will then allow to claim Argon sectors.
C2Q 6700 @ 3.50 GHz, OCZ 2x2GB @ 400, EVGA Nforce 680 sli,
EVGA gtx 280 FTW , Mitsu DP 2070SB 22"
X-FI Fatal1ty, Klipsch 5.1 UIltra, Sennheiser HD555
2 x WD Raptor 74 + 2 x 150 GB Raid0, 850W + 430W PS

acrh2
x3

Re: Problem

Post by acrh2 » Tue, 10. Jan 06, 20:12

H.F._Mudd wrote:
acrh2 wrote:
Under God wrote:I really enjoyed this script acrh2.

I am having a small problem with it however.

I took over all eight pirate sectors east of Argon Prime space and stopped at Hatikvah's Faith. The issue now is that I have waves of Pirate Osprey's coming from somewhere south of Light of Heart.

The nearest Pirate sector is LooManckstrat's Legacy but that is 7 long jumps away from Hatikvah's Faith so it is more than the 4 Jump Limit.

It took the fleet (I am calling it a fleet because it is 3 Ospreys and 6 Falcons) a long time to reach me but... pitty to say it was a total suprise.

All I had in the system was a Centaur on patrol which wasn't quite fully upgraded. I was working on securing the rest of the systems from various other pirate threats and concidered Hatikvah more of a fringe red headed step child.

The war over these sectors was a pain in itself, costing millions to aquire what I desired fighting the pirates at warrior level combat.

Now don't get me wrong, I think it is pretty cool that the pirates finally retaliated succesfully and that I had to evacuate Nopileos Memorial with as many supplies as my ships could take while sending in the nearby patrols to hold off the pirate fleet while the main fleet was jumping in to protect my base.

But on the other hand, I really had not calculated this move by the pirates since they should have a 4 system attack range.

Is this just a fluke?
It may be a bug although I doubt it.
Did you uninstall previous versions before installing new ones?
If so, please send me a your savegame so I can troubleshoot it.
Just private msg me please.
I'm having a similar problem. I took over Xenon sector 347 and now it seems I'm getting wave after wave coming out of Xenon sector 472 coming at 3-4 minute intervals.
I did not uninstall the previous version however... Guess I'll see if that helps.
Yes, that's exactly what is happening. If you don't uninstall the previous version, it will continue running. Please uninstall the old one, then install the new one.
Uninstallation script will also remove all rading parties.

acrh2
x3

Post by acrh2 » Wed, 11. Jan 06, 03:54

Updated again.

This is going to be one of the last updates. The script is complete, and will only be chaged if there are bugs or if someone comes up with an increadibly good idea to add functionality.

Under God
x3

Post by Under God » Wed, 11. Jan 06, 04:47

Ops, found the answer already to this question

P.s

The prior problem I had with pirates invading from over 4 sectors was solved by uninstalling and reinstalling. Thanks for the suggestion.
This was left intentionally blank for formating purposes.

lordlexus
x3tc

Post by lordlexus » Tue, 17. Jan 06, 15:39

Is it possible to change this script a bit to only having to destroy the stations of the owning race? I have now many stations spawning into pirate sectors and regular race sectors such to the point that for me to take over 1 sector I would basically have to declare war on 2-3 races at once and with the speed you lose reputation vs gain reputation I just cant see doing it.
q6600 (@3ghz)
4 gb ram
8800gtx
40" LCD @1920x1080 (yeah, thats right!)

henkbein
x3

Post by henkbein » Tue, 31. Jan 06, 17:09

First of all: a very nice addition to X3 ! - this script gives me a reason to prolongate the game. Voted 'excellent'.

Now a question about Sector Takeover v 1.7:

For some reason i cannot find the "Sector Takeover options" command under "Command Console / Combat menu".
The '447352.xml' file is present in the 'T' directory.
No previous versions installed.

Any suggestions ? Do i need to look under the "Command Console / Combat menu" of my ship, the trading station or ... has it something to do with language (i'm using Deepsilver English version)

ganomix
x4

Post by ganomix » Sat, 18. Feb 06, 11:51

Do you version 1.32Beta of X3? I can't find the Sector Takeover options anymore when I patched my game to 1.32Beta.

ShadeZero
x3

Post by ShadeZero » Sun, 19. Feb 06, 17:57

Hey i have an idea...

How about installing your own government over the sector. Thus granting the owner to collect taxes. The amount of tax collected which will be based on the establishment (number of stations) of the sector.

This way the government (you) will have to manage the collected taxes to established themselves by stepping up security forces to repel enemy forces.

However, the owner needs to spent large amount of credits to setup that government. Else this would be too easy

A plugin script to have Menu commands to hire security forces with the collected taxes. OR simply just receive that tax as Cr..

:D

EntropyDF
x3

Stations Still Respawn in captured Xenon Sectors

Post by EntropyDF » Thu, 2. Mar 06, 22:04

Arch2,

First, great script. It performs as advertised with no problems. I have taken over the 3 Xenon sectors at the top left of the map (534, 596, & 597) and once I install my trading station the spawns stop (other than the raiding parties). Good stuff.

The one thing that still responds is the Xenon Stations that existed in 596 & 596 (and likely others). Is there a way to stop this, or is it out of your control? They do not affect sector ownership or anything, just an annoyance.

Thanks!
DF

Puruco
x3

Post by Puruco » Tue, 7. Mar 06, 14:59

Hi Arch: I think their is something wrong. I don't see the command "sector take over" under the combat command" and I don't see the script in the AI but I see it in the script editor. I re-run it and the Betsy hail me asking for uninstall, stop reding parties ect. but still no comand under the combat one. Do I have to eliminate and reinstal it?

Pjotrski
x3

Post by Pjotrski » Sat, 18. Mar 06, 16:38

Hello.

I am having a slight problem getting this script to work.
I have put the files in the right place, the script is showing up in the script editor list, but not in the global tasks list. Also, in the AL Plugin menu (Options->Gameplay) there are no plugins listed. I believe the script should be there.
Therefor I also don't have the Sector Takover command in the Combat menu.

I have other non-AL scripts installed without problems (friendly pirates, merc guild, anarkis carrier, khaakscanner).

I am running X3 1.4, but had the problem under 1.3 also. Does anyone have any idea why the script isn't working (activated) in my game.

Kind regards,
Pjotrski

bendyspex
x3

Post by bendyspex » Thu, 23. Mar 06, 18:54

I agree with lordlexus. I am trying to take over Farnhams Legend, but this has a Boron, a Teladi, and an Argon station in it, none of which I want to destroy. Is there a line of code that can be changed to make it so no stations have to be destroyed, or is it going to need an update.
Thanks

sc_hornetAMF
x3

Post by sc_hornetAMF » Mon, 3. Apr 06, 21:04

link is broken.
Ho Hum

kmiller1610
x3tc

Post by kmiller1610 » Wed, 12. Apr 06, 19:58

Thanks for this excellent effort.

It will extend my current game by at least 100 hours.

bendyspex
x3

Post by bendyspex » Wed, 12. Apr 06, 21:39

Is this script still supported, as I have seen very little response to my queston?

kmiller1610
x3tc

Post by kmiller1610 » Sat, 15. Apr 06, 15:01

Not sure if this should be posted here or not.

But I think this script should be added to the release game as a patch. There is far more logic to being able to take over sectors than having (in the case of the Xenon) an unlimited supply of enemies warping in to sectors next to your own.

I was about to finish this game. Since I got the script, I have had some of the best challenges I have ever experienced in a computer game.

Try this scenario.

You are a fleet commander who must manage an engagement against asn entrenched foe who is well supplied and supported with warp drive enabled capital ships in adjacent sectors (The Xenon takeover scenario). Do not allow yourself the luxury of using fighters as bait to draw cap ships away from gates. You can only fly Cap ships. This is VERY tough and interesting.

The first few sectord aren't so bad as you plant and defend your Space Stations. But there seems to be a fixed number of Xenon and as the uncaptured sectors dimish in numbers, the "pack" gets much tighter.

Sector #4 (of 6) was an EXTREME challenge.........

Tell you how I did it if anybody is interested......

DesertEagle
x3

Link

Post by DesertEagle » Fri, 12. May 06, 19:25

Hi,
the link to this script appears to be broken.
I'd be happy to host if space is needed.

-DesertEagle

DesertEagle
x3

Link Broken

Post by DesertEagle » Fri, 12. May 06, 19:26

Hello,
the link to this script appears to be broken. I'd be happy to host if space is needed.

-DesertEagle

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”