[Script] Station Manager v1.11 (March 27)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Rakeris
x4

Post by Rakeris » Tue, 10. Jan 06, 22:28

I'm having the freeze problem again. I'm not sure if it was fixed then accidently reinstated or maybe not fixed. Or maybe I'm just really unlucky >.<

But what seems to be happening is with my Rimes Fact (yet again I swear something with that station...) The game freezed around 3 minutes in from my most recent auto save, unless I disable the station manager OR remove the docked ship from the manager. The outbound ship has a load of Ecells. So I'm thinking it might be the other freeze issue. Also this didn't surface until after I was playing for 30 minutes or so.
The script will currently freeze if:
1. you have more than one trader assigned to the station.
2. There are no stations where you can sell the product ware for the price that you want (or your station has no product ware)
3. Your station is currently almost completely full of all resources AND
4. you have other ships inbound with enough resources to put all of your stocks at over 100%
Everyone of these is true but 2, I'm not 100% sure about 2.

AalaarDB
x3tc

Post by AalaarDB » Tue, 10. Jan 06, 23:33

If you can, send me a save to [my name] at yahoo.com
Edit: I've found the freeze but I'll be away for a few hours.
The freeze is as you described, the trader cannot find a ware to trade so it goes in an endless loop of picking wares.

AalaarDB
x3tc

Post by AalaarDB » Wed, 11. Jan 06, 00:28

I believe I've fixed the crash but I have to leave and have no time to test it.
You will need to restart the traders at that station, because the updateer isn't working because they are all version 1.05.
I changed the AStar a little but probably didn't fix it.

Burianek
x3tc

Post by Burianek » Wed, 11. Jan 06, 01:03

Just to clarify, we've massively upgraded the script for version 1.05.

As with all massive upgrades there's a chance that some things could sneak through. We've found a few bugs already that weren't there in 1.04, and we're working hard to correct them :)

Once they get nailed down, the new version will be vastly superior to the old. In the meantime, we're under construction, so please bear with us ;)
"Nature's first green is gold" . . . stay golden.

SupahBeel
x3

Post by SupahBeel » Wed, 11. Jan 06, 01:51

Any thoughts on the pathfinding issue?

I've got a Silicon Mine in Herron's Nebula, 2 x TS running Station Manager.

Both ships divert to Kingdom End and then stop in that sector, no matter what their ultimate destination should be (in the most recent case, one ship was heading to Home of Light, the other to Argon Prime). Despite shutting them down, sending them home, restarting Station Manager, etc., both consistently made a beeline for Kingdom End and then sat in space....

If you do find any workarounds, etc., let me know. I'd also be curious to know if anyone else is seeing this issue in other sectors...

I've finally gotten over the learning curve on this game and am starting to really get into it, so please don't misread my enthusiasm for your script as pushiness. I'm just keen to see it working. :)

Any help, in your own time, would be appreciated.

Cheers,
SupahBeel.

Burianek
x3tc

Post by Burianek » Wed, 11. Jan 06, 01:55

We're looking into it. In the meantime, version 1.04 does not have the advance pathfinding in it. So if you want a temp workaround until we fix the issue, feel free to downlaod and run 1.04 while we clean up the latest verison.

Cheers.

AalaarDB
x3tc

Post by AalaarDB » Wed, 11. Jan 06, 03:31

akechi00 wrote:Hey guys,

I downloaded and updated Station Manager to 1.05, and I'm receiving a weird pathfinding bug for one station. I have a Silicon Mine in Ore Belt with a jumprange of 2. I have Station Manager installed controlling two ships that deliver the silicon using the standard jumprange, one of the places being Argon Prime.
I have installed all 5 the plugins you listed, but when I load your game X3 crashes.
Can you tell me all the info for the traders, homebase, destination, command, and action?

You too SupahBeel, or even send me your savegame.

AalaarDB
x3tc

Post by AalaarDB » Wed, 11. Jan 06, 05:59

1.05.05 fixes the going to KE bug, which happens when the destination is not reached but changes.
There are some optimizations too, like it won't recompute the return path; it will go in reverse.
I think I fixed the freezing bugs.

Rakeris
x4

Post by Rakeris » Wed, 11. Jan 06, 21:47

Ok, after doing some testing, reinstalling, and general fun time. I am still having the freeze problem. I reinstalled then reupdated to 1.3, (To make sure I was using all the default game files) started up my save and had no problems I let it run on SETA for a few in-game hours, but it never froze. I put in the station manager and wham, freeze :P

I'll send you that save so you can play with it, see what you can find out.

Hope you figure it out ^^

AalaarDB
x3tc

Post by AalaarDB » Wed, 11. Jan 06, 23:14

I'll take the savegame. [my login name] at yahoo.com

Because all the versions are 1.05, they may not be updating correctly. Try reiniting your scripts (in the script editor), or stopping and starting all ships.

Burianek
x3tc

Post by Burianek » Thu, 12. Jan 06, 01:04

To force them to be running the correct version (latest installed):

Issue your traders the none command. After a few minutes you should get the continue command in the trade menu. When you issue the continue command they'll now be running the latest version.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Thu, 12. Jan 06, 01:08

Did you guys release a new version? I downloaded 1.05 like 2 days ago I think? I can't remember, but I have not updated since I made the last post where I was saying my game was freezing, now I am 100% sure it is because of this script. I started a brand new game and was about 15 or so hours into it, I had a bunch of UT's going and I had a silicon mine running just fine using naffarin's script. I bought a solar power plant and decided to test your guys script out again, set one trader to it, used the script, then I put my game on seta and left for like a half hour, came back and the game was completely frozen. I have been playing just about all day with no problems so it is definately the script.

Burianek
x3tc

Post by Burianek » Thu, 12. Jan 06, 01:13

we've released five versions in the past two days:

Also, in case you missed it, there's a few notes in front of the downloads:
*EDIT Burianek* there are a few issues I've found with version 1.05. It is not recommended to d/l it at this time, unless you want to help us test. If you want to d/l it right now, you will need to manually remove and add back all of your ships from all of your stations to reset certain parameters. There also might be an issue with the game freezing if your ship has more wares than it can unload at its homebase. Checking into these now.

*EDIT AalaarDB* I've fixed some issues, but the below is still not recommended.

(since version 1.05 is dramatically changed and improved, and since we haven't had a ton of time to test it yet, we're keeping the link to version 1.04 active as well for a short time)
We know there are freezes. The update from 1.04 to 1.05 involved changing and adding a ton of new code. It's not fully ironed out yet, but we're working on it. If you have any questions about any of this, please let us know.

In other words, if you don't want to deal with freezes, install version 1.04 while we still work on 1.05.

Cheers.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Thu, 12. Jan 06, 01:18

I figured as much, I just hadn't read through the whole topic. I was only curious if there was a different version, and I did not know several new version 1.05's were released as I am not constantly checking each thread for news. I was just clarifying that I had in fact experienced freezes because of this script, since I didn't know if it was this one, or another script I am using. I have already read the first thread though and downloaded 1.04.

Burianek
x3tc

Post by Burianek » Thu, 12. Jan 06, 01:29

Just make certain if any stations are running 1.05 in your game, completely stop the automate command by selecting none over top of it. Let your traders all get stopped and start returning home. That way version 1.05 will be all cleared out. Then you can restart version 1.04 and it should work fine (with no freezes)
Cheers.

AalaarDB
x3tc

Post by AalaarDB » Thu, 12. Jan 06, 01:57

Is anyone who is running 1.05.05, and knows that the ships are running the newest files, still experiencing a freeze?

Detritis Max
x4

Post by Detritis Max » Thu, 12. Jan 06, 11:08

*AalaarDB, I downloaded 1.05.05, updated from 1.03, stopped the commands on all my stations running it and cleared all the transports assigned to them of what they were doing.

I ran the 1.05.05 script on the same stations and assigned the transports back to them, waited a few minutes and watched them go merrily on there way. Left the game running for about 3 hours or so and when I got back all the transports were happily floating around Kingdom End, trying to get to The Wall from Elena's Fortune or Red Light from Home of Light.

Other then that little problem I did'nt have any freezing in the 3 hours or so , so I went back to 1.04 and all is well again.

Great script btw and it's working wonders on my 3 station complexes.

AalaarDB
x3tc

Post by AalaarDB » Thu, 12. Jan 06, 11:11

COuld you email me the save at [my login name] at yahoo.com?

Detritis Max
x4

Post by Detritis Max » Thu, 12. Jan 06, 11:54

Sure thing, just at work atm so get it to you ASAP.

AalaarDB
x3tc

Post by AalaarDB » Thu, 12. Jan 06, 12:21

I've uploaded 1.06. It's 3:20am. If it works, it's release, if not, it's beta.

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”