[Script]RS.QFLS(12/30/05)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Fri, 30. Dec 05, 19:43

I dont get what I am doing wrong, I did the setup and set groups 1 to 3, each with 2 M3's, 4 M4's, 2 M5's and 2 AM's. Then I set it to automatic launch or whatever and scripted in some enemies to test, the ships did not automatically launch. I then tried doing the launch X feature and selected the enemy ship and hit 1 for I assume group 1, but no ships launched, also hit the defense option and no ships launched. What am I doing wrong?

Red Spot
x3

Post by Red Spot » Fri, 30. Dec 05, 20:03

BlackRain wrote:I dont get what I am doing wrong, I did the setup and set groups 1 to 3, each with 2 M3's, 4 M4's, 2 M5's and 2 AM's. Then I set it to automatic launch or whatever and scripted in some enemies to test, the ships did not automatically launch. I then tried doing the launch X feature and selected the enemy ship and hit 1 for I assume group 1, but no ships launched, also hit the defense option and no ships launched. What am I doing wrong?

it seems you used the 'first' version .. it had a bug where it stored no weapons ..

check your ships .. if they have no weapons 'installed' (they will have them in their bay) than make sure you have the current version and give ships a designation (designation is required (QFLS Settings on fighters) it will only use fighters that have a designation .. so you can have ships docked that wont be used ..)
if these ships had a designation give it to them again .. than it should work ..(it will again store their weapons and wares)

Edit;
a little inside advise .. only use 1 AM-scout per wing .. should be enough ..
(with 2 or more chances are they will go after the same missile anyway)

Edit2;
re-read your post .. seems your getting some things wrong ..

LaunchX launches X-wings .. not a wing from group X ..
setting diff. Groups is so you can use 'different' groups without having to mess about in the heat of(f)(;)) battle ..
so setting group 1 to 3 to have the same setting only has use if you want them to retreat at different hull-percentages ..
most likelly you'll never use all 9 groups but better have a few to manny than a few to little ..

G

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Fri, 30. Dec 05, 21:04

Ok I must be misunderstanding this hehe. I thought that each group designated was a different Squadron and you could have 9 squadrons. Wouldn't that be the better way to do it? I am just curious. No wonder all my groups seemed to be designated as 3. So what is the point of setting multiple group leaders?

I think I am still a little confused though but I will go check it out again.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Fri, 30. Dec 05, 21:26

Heh, okay I am still having difficulty with this. I set groups 1-3, I made them the same except for the hull % I changed. Now then I hit defensive launch and 2 squad groups came out, one of the leaders had a ldr 1 tag and the other had both ldr 1 and ldr 3 next to his name. I hit recall X and hit 1 and it took away the designation of the one leader who had the ldr 1 tag but his squad didnt return to the ship. I then hit recallx again and hit 2 or something and they returned to the ship. So I am confused about that.

Then after they were docked I tried out the launch, so I hit launchx key I selected my ship and then nothing happened. I spawned some enemy ships, did the same thing nothing. I did it again but I think I hit launch X 2 or 3 I cant remember and one of the squads came out but it just flew for a minute or two then docked. I also tried out the automatic mode and the ships just keep coming out then going back in?

Red Spot
x3

Post by Red Spot » Fri, 30. Dec 05, 22:34

to set things up ..

press QFLS Settings on the Carrier
select a number .. this number will be the group number
than the number off M3s
M4s
M5s
AM-Scouts
and than minimal hull

so to set Group 1 to have 3 M3s and two off each other with a hull off 80 you need to press
1-3-2-2-2-80

Group 2
2-3-2-2-2-80
same settings but now on group 2

than set a Group on the carrier with QFLS Set Group (so the carrier knows what group to use)

now your fighters ..
select QFLS Settings and press 1 to 3 to set a designation
1 means the ship will be used as a Lead-ship
2 means the ship will be used as a wingmen
3 means the ship will be used as an AM-Scout

not setting a designation means the ship will not be used ..

(havent done all this .. no use in trying to launch ships .. it wont happen ..)
(if you btw have been messing with the setup-script (removing lines) you might have removed the checks to disable the launchcommands .. so they will be available but still wont work without these settings ..)

QFLS Automated launch does nothing else than try and keep 2 wings airborn .. and launches wings when a Big enemy comes within scannerrange or a (small) enemy comes within close range ..
the 2 defensive wings should redock and refresh about every 10 minutes or after a (potential) battle ..

QFLS LaunchX will ask for a target (read ENEMY .. ;))and a number that does NOT represent the Group but it represents the number off wings ..
it will not launch 1/2 wings .. so having a groupsetting off 3 M3s but it cant find a leader or 2 M3 wingmen .. it will not launch ..
not having a scanner on the carrier will make the attack range off these fighters very short .. (they will only attack targets within its homebases scannerrange(if the homebase is in sector))

the tags are '-Ldr-[group]-' and will only be set on Lead-ships to show you the leaders and to what group they belong ..
this tag gets removed when they get recalled or when they dock ..
(manually redocking means the tag will not be removed .. it will however when the leader is re-launched)
(and I just found a booboo there .. will update the 'tags' .... :oops: )

QFLS RecallX .. this command does ask you for a 'Group-number' ..
press 2 to dock ships launched belonging to group 2 ...

If things dont work correctly with the launch commands than dont bother with the automated command ..cause it will just call those scripts ..

anyway the only advise I can give you atm is revert to an old save and reDL .. seems like you still have the 'old version' kicking in ..

ps; wait with Dl-ing .. I'll be fixing the tagging right now ..

I'll right away have an other go with it .. (been playing with it 1/2 the day .. all works fine with me .. again have to say not really messed around much with the automated command ..)

G
Last edited by Red Spot on Fri, 30. Dec 05, 23:33, edited 1 time in total.

Red Spot
x3

Post by Red Spot » Fri, 30. Dec 05, 23:29

little update ..

BlackRain have been testing the automated command ..
works good .. nicelly recalls fighters after about 10 minutes ..
waits a few seconds and relaunches new wings ..

spawned a few Xenons .. none off my ships had their paint scratched in the end .. and I used Nova Vanguards vs Perseus so my ships where outclassed (turret bug)but higher in number and they all attack the same target .. so they quickly make dust out of them ..

and that was on automated ..

one thing I have forgotten to say ..
all wings stay near the carrier untill all wings have been launched ..
than the leaders get the green light to take out the target ..
just so they stay together .. else the first wing might try to retreat cause the leader got killed before the last wing launched ..

G

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sat, 31. Dec 05, 00:53

I was able to figure out how to set up the wings, but the automated command does not seem to be working as you describe. When I hit automate, it launches ships, and after 2 seconds they disappear back into the carrier, then the carrier launches again, 2 seconds later they disappear back into the carrier, keeps doing this over and over again.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sat, 31. Dec 05, 01:33

Okay, the automated launch seems to be working, when i go into battle it launches the ships, but it only launched 3 fighter wings when a m2 approached. I have been trying to get more of my wings to launch but it wont launch more then 3 wings. I have 60 fighters aboard my ship and it will only launch half of them, I tried with launchx, defensex and automated.

Red Spot
x3

Post by Red Spot » Sat, 31. Dec 05, 02:34

BlackRain wrote:Okay, the automated launch seems to be working, when i go into battle it launches the ships, but it only launched 3 fighter wings when a m2 approached. I have been trying to get more of my wings to launch but it wont launch more then 3 wings. I have 60 fighters aboard my ship and it will only launch half of them, I tried with launchx, defensex and automated.

than things dont match up .. not enough leaders/wingmen .. not the required equipment ..

and about the 'anti M2 launching' on auto .. its the 'protective launch' so if that works .. the defensive launch command should work as well (same launch script)

do note; the target has to be an enemy .. if you launch vs an argon ship the carrier sets itself as enemy to the argon if you 'override' this by setting them back to friendly .. your ships will return ..

maybe you need to use somewhat smaller wings ..
better launch 3 wings with 4 ships than 2 wings with 6 ships ..
'leaders' are key fighters .. the more you have the longer it might take to launch .. but the more damage they can do ..

so a bit a good advise would be ..'keep plenty of leaders at your carrier' ..
they get killed the most (if you looze ships .. :roll: )
and when a leader gets killed and its wingmen retreat ..
you can launch them right away when they are docked using a new leader ..

I really dont have a clue what is going/your doing wrong .. but I've been running it for some time now .. and never had it not launch after fixing my first slip-up ..
it even works better than 'the old X2 version' ..
:?

G

Red Spot
x3

Post by Red Spot » Sat, 31. Dec 05, 02:57

ooohh .. have I mentioned the fighters need the carrier as their homebase .. :oops:

press 0 on the QFLS Set Group or QFLS Settings command on the carrier and it will set all docked ships without a homebase to have it as its homebase ..

G

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sat, 31. Dec 05, 05:20

I did all of that correctly, and I have enough leaders and wingmen etc.

Red Spot
x3

Post by Red Spot » Sat, 31. Dec 05, 06:08

can you go back to a 'script free' save and retry it ..??

if it still doesnt work .. save and send that save to me ..??

maybe I cant find out whats going wrong ..

(and just for fun .. re-DL the script .. 'just in case' ..)

cause I'm thinking;
-its the old version (re-DL should 'fix' thing ..)
-your doing it wrong (little more to say ..)
-something is happening in your game that clearly isnt happening in my game (hence the save game ..)

G

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sat, 31. Dec 05, 07:00

Yeah I redownloaded the script and it seems to be working, but the scanner range for attacks is very low. I spawned a few enemies a little bit a ways from my carrier and used the launch x command, the ships launched but didnt go attack even though I could see the enemies on the sector screen. Maybe you should make it so they can also use scanner range of any ships/satellites in the sector because it seems way too limited.

Red Spot
x3

Post by Red Spot » Sat, 31. Dec 05, 07:23

with a triplex scanner your carrier has a radius off 30km ..

any more and there is no need to launch ships .. first get the carrier in closer .. than launch ..

the carrier is the 'center' off the battle even when its actually not in the battle .. thats basicly the idea behind the QFLS commands ..

G

ergie
x3

Post by ergie » Tue, 3. Jan 06, 12:32

Man, I love this script... well done. Hard to make it work, but easy after using it for some time. Will you keep making updates of it? Thank you.

Red Spot
x3

Post by Red Spot » Tue, 3. Jan 06, 12:53

ergie wrote:Man, I love this script... well done. Hard to make it work, but easy after using it for some time. Will you keep making updates of it? Thank you.

you ask that as if its needed .. :o ..;)

glad to hear someone took the time .. :)

G

Baleur
x3tc

Post by Baleur » Tue, 3. Jan 06, 22:09

so is the 54mil thing still in? Because i was just planning on buying a carrier due to this script, but paying 54 mil to be able to use it at all, instead of using the money for fighters so it can defend itself, is a no no :(
CPU: Intel i7 6300k RAM: 32gb GPU: nVidia 1070 6gb VRAM

Red Spot
x3

Post by Red Spot » Wed, 4. Jan 06, 00:44

no no it is than .. :D ;)

G

Baleur
x3tc

Post by Baleur » Wed, 4. Jan 06, 04:39

well where is the cost modifyer then?
CPU: Intel i7 6300k RAM: 32gb GPU: nVidia 1070 6gb VRAM

Red Spot
x3

Post by Red Spot » Wed, 4. Jan 06, 17:37

what cost modifier?? ..

you mean the ability to empty out a carrier and send out x fully equipped wings of fighters that can take on anything you put in their path ..??
(if you can pay the 300+ mill. to fully outfit a carrier .. than is 45mill no biggie .. specially not when you see what commands you get in return)

G

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”