!!! X3 Community Patch v1.2 !!! FYI- Fixes Turrets Without Replacing Models!

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Baleur
x3tc

Post by Baleur » Tue, 3. Jan 06, 05:52

Could you update the first main post with a clear point to point list on exactly WHAT this 1.1 patch contains please?
CPU: Intel i7 6300k RAM: 32gb GPU: nVidia 1070 6gb VRAM

Bubba Fat
x3

Post by Bubba Fat » Tue, 3. Jan 06, 06:31

Alright, I changed the front page. Let me know if I can be anymore specific.

NumNuts
x3tc

Post by NumNuts » Tue, 3. Jan 06, 07:15

Hi Bubba,
Can I ask what you changed in the:
x3_universe.pck
x3_universe_v13_patch.pck
files?
I know my mods folder will take preference over the ..v13_patch.pck while I'm using the LessRoids mod, so could you tell me what was altered in yours please? For instance - do the changes in those two .pck's coincide with the changes to Tships and models respectively, so you cant have one without the other??

By the way, do you have an employee relations manager at Yoyodyne? I think I'd fit right in! :wink:
Last edited by NumNuts on Tue, 3. Jan 06, 14:24, edited 1 time in total.

Voran
x3

Post by Voran » Tue, 3. Jan 06, 10:32

Great stuff, noticed when I checked the Military Transport weaponslist that its main guns allow all weapons (including khaak and laser tower stuff).

firefox7
x4

Post by firefox7 » Tue, 3. Jan 06, 21:07

IKCBlade wrote:

3) Ship designs, when does X3 take place, right after X2 or a century afterwords? every single ship design gets replaced in the blink of an eye? Some of the models are very nice but you should have just upgraded the model designs of the original, and saved these new designs for a expansion/X4. That kills the continuity of the storyarc for me atleast.

4) Cockpit's, thats what sold me in X2 and helped keep me playing the game. Alot of us, a great many who play the game but dont post much if at all, are hardcore flight and space simmer's. This holographic stuff is a major turnoff for us, simple as that.

I hear wat you are saying IKCBlade about the massive upgrade in tech and visuals in X3 from X2. Perhaps the people at EGOSOFT can answer this best by selling us the idea that after the last great battle in the end of X2, tech was taken from all of the Khaak ships and intergrated into all known techs for all races in the game. This would help us to understand how it was possible for the vast improvements in tech and ship designs throughout the game.

Same problem existed for Star Trek's "Enterprise", but in reverse. The tech of the past out powered the look and feel of the future tech. I believe that helped kill this show as a series as well.

It would be very nice to have the ability to turn virtual cockpits on/off. I like the feel of a virtual cockpit then without one myself. :idea:

Could a patch solve this problem Egosoft? Perhaps, or could anyone(s) develope a MOD for in game cockpits for all ships? :idea:

8)
"There is only do or do not there is no try."
-Master Yoda

Bubba Fat
x3

Post by Bubba Fat » Tue, 3. Jan 06, 22:46

NumNuts wrote:Hi Bubba,
Can I ask what you changed in the:
x3_universe.pck
x3_universe_v13_patch.pck
files?
I know my mods folder will take preference over the ..v13_patch.pck while I'm using the LessRoids mod, so could you tell me what was altered in yours please? For instance - do the changes in those two .pck's coincide with the changes to Tships and models respectively, so you cant have one without the other??

By the way, do you have an employee relations manager at Yoyodyne? I think I'd fit right in! :wink:
All I did with that was make the Military Transport for sale at the Federal Argon Shipyard in Argon Prime. I added both maps just in case something wouldn't work right with just one. And actually, Yoyodyne isn't hiring right now. Sorry. :wink:
Voran wrote:Great stuff, noticed when I checked the Military Transport weaponslist that its main guns allow all weapons (including khaak and laser tower stuff).
Yes, that was Egosoft's idea. Not mine. If you check you're Egosoft files, you'll see it's the same in there too. I didn't change any of the Military Transports stats at all. I just added the six front guns, and changed the turret models. Actually there is one laser it can't use. The Alpha Impulse Ray Emmiter.

And, Firefox7.... I'm pretty sure Egosoft is planning to release new X3 cockpits in the next patch. I don't know why else they would have changed the default cockpit files in the 1.3 patch.

NumNuts
x3tc

Post by NumNuts » Tue, 3. Jan 06, 23:34

I'm having difficulty with my Nova Sentinal rear turret. The mod fixes the view and allows me to fire the weapon manually, however it is not working via the turret command. Is that common? I see other NPC nova's use their rear turret in battle (mind you I'm not sure if they were Sentinals), so just wondering if it's a known issue or it's something that's un-modable.
N.B: It's enabled for all four weapon configs. Even if I put the ship into complete AP, with rear turret on Attack all / Protect Ship / or Missile defence, it wont fire.

Bubba Fat
x3

Post by Bubba Fat » Wed, 4. Jan 06, 08:44

Yeah, I've seen posts where people complained about how their capital ship turrets wouldn't fire by themselves. It's probably the same thing. I don't know how I'd go about changing the turret A.I though. It might be something a scripter could fix.

NumNuts
x3tc

Post by NumNuts » Wed, 4. Jan 06, 08:46

Bubba Fat wrote:Yeah, I've seen posts where people complained about how their capital ship turrets wouldn't fire by themselves. It's probably the same thing. I don't know how I'd go about changing the turret A.I though. It might be something a scripter could fix.
Ok, cheers!

Da_Junka
x3tc

Post by Da_Junka » Wed, 4. Jan 06, 18:42

I installed the CP1.1 and my nova turret is fine now except it wont fire, why is this?
~Intel i5 2500K ~ Nvidia GTX 670 ~ Z77 chipset ~ 16 gig Vengence ~Win 7 64bit ~

Bubba Fat
x3

Post by Bubba Fat » Wed, 4. Jan 06, 23:03

I don't know. Make sure you have a laser installed there first. Or if you're running some other mod, it might be conflicting with it.

999-JAY-999
x3tc

Post by 999-JAY-999 » Thu, 5. Jan 06, 10:18

Excellent Bubba Fat..... I commend your efforts to rectify the flaws.
System Spec :-

AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Duel 6000+ (3.01GHz)
Windows XP Home Ed. SP 3
ATI Radeon HD 4850 (512)
Creative X-FI Soundard
2.00 GB of RAM
G9 RAZOR Mouse

CrossWire
x3

Post by CrossWire » Fri, 6. Jan 06, 22:48

It diden't work at first but then I loaded a different save in and Nova turrets work fine now thanks to your patch.

Good work Bubba Fat.

Bubba Fat
x3

Post by Bubba Fat » Sun, 8. Jan 06, 07:57

Thanks. There are actually even more turrets that need to be fixed, as someone has confirmed this for me. I'll probably release a new version this week.

999-JAY-999
x3tc

Post by 999-JAY-999 » Sun, 8. Jan 06, 11:43

We wait with Bubba Fat breath !

:wink:
System Spec :-

AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Duel 6000+ (3.01GHz)
Windows XP Home Ed. SP 3
ATI Radeon HD 4850 (512)
Creative X-FI Soundard
2.00 GB of RAM
G9 RAZOR Mouse

Bubba Fat
x3

Post by Bubba Fat » Sat, 14. Jan 06, 00:05

Due to the fact that the Boron Shark turrets are more messed-up than I had initially realized, It's going to take a little more time to get it right than I thought it would. I have, however, asked for some outside help in the hopes of releasing the next version sooner than I would be able to accomplish on my own. Hopefully during this time, I'll be able to add some other fixes as well.

Demoboy
x3

Post by Demoboy » Sat, 14. Jan 06, 01:17

Hi Bubba Fat

in the German Script and Modding forum you can see what we have make.

the X3extendet MOD have all your work´s in and many many more Gimik´s

can you or an another Person translate this for an english Version ?

http://forum2.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=111187

i hope is cool enough for english People to translate.

Greets from Germany and sorry for my bad english !!!

P.S. i have make a Xperimental with 8 Guns and better Thrust effect ( now is this an M3)
Mainboard : Asus AV8 3rd Eye S939
CPU : AMD Athlon 64 4000+ San Diego
Ram : 2 mal 1GB DDR500 Geil Dual Channel
Graka : Geforce 6800 GT
HDD : 2 mal 250GB SATA Raid
Monitor : Toshiba S20 Beamer
www.murgtal-computer-service.de ( Casemoddig Total )

Bubba Fat
x3

Post by Bubba Fat » Sun, 15. Jan 06, 01:24

arcana75
x3tc

Post by arcana75 » Sun, 15. Jan 06, 08:04

Bubba Fat, can I ask what u did to fix the Discoverer's M4 class to M5? I tried to emulate ur changes but it doesn't seem to "kick in" with Cycrow's Merc script.

Bubba Fat
x3

Post by Bubba Fat » Sun, 15. Jan 06, 23:06

arcana75 wrote:Bubba Fat, can I ask what u did to fix the Discoverer's M4 class to M5? I tried to emulate ur changes but it doesn't seem to "kick in" with Cycrow's Merc script.
You need to open up your tships.pck in DoubleShadow's X3 Editor, and click on the Argon Discoverers that you want to fix. On the info tab, look where it says "Class Description". You need to change the value there from 2024, to 2025. 2024 = Medium Fighter. 2025 = Light Fighter.

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”